PDA

View Full Version : Artillery FFD and Unit Upgrade

EagleIV
4th Aug 2005, 17:30
Does artillery cause friendly fire damage. Once my units engage in Hand to Hand should i stop the cannon fire. Watching the damage counter its been hard to tell and the AI never stops firing either.
Question #2:
Is there a way to transfer lower level units to the more advanced units. I have made my first frigate and I don't want to loose my 5 sloops that have alot of battle hardened deck hands. Must i just hand them back for scrap pickings.

joxer31
4th Aug 2005, 20:10
Does artillery cause friendly fire damage. Once my units engage in Hand to Hand should i stop the cannon fire. Watching the damage counter its been hard to tell and the AI never stops firing either.

Yes, artillery does cause extreme friendly fire. You will see that the enemy will charge your artillery pieces once they open fire on them.

Is there a way to transfer lower level units to the more advanced units. I have made my first frigate and I don't want to loose my 5 sloops that have alot of battle hardened deck hands. Must i just hand them back for scrap pickings.

For naval units, no. For infantry, yes, the Simon Bolivar quest will upgrade your infantry to higher lvls. Fusiliers to grenadiers etc. This only works for infantry.

EagleIV
5th Aug 2005, 12:43
:eek: thanks much for both artillery and unit upgrade answers. I have instructed my cannoners to stop firing into thier targets once our cavalry arrives. The horses don't like the schrapnel :D