PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed any changes after the patch?

Irish2
3rd Aug 2005, 17:47
Is the AI any better? Do units behave differently? Do nations act differently?

monkeytart
4th Aug 2005, 02:24
Is the AI any better? Do units behave differently? Do nations act differently?
guess not...........*sniff sniff* :(

screamingpalm
4th Aug 2005, 02:26
dunno...still cant host games to try it (the patch) :D

so I guess that would be a no lol.

officerpuppy
4th Aug 2005, 07:07
I started a new game and ive noticed, though it might be me, that there are some new textures and features. Like for example, new pictures for the Elementry schools or a feature such as being able to see other countries trade.

Its probably just me.

Hengist_Sharpe
4th Aug 2005, 08:40
Can't say I've noticed any change in the AI behaviour,

They still want to charge into mellee 90% of the time.
Unit damage values still seem the same.

Summary:
The tactical battle gameplay still stinks.
The strategic Map gameplay is good.

VKC_Lord_Drakul
4th Aug 2005, 10:51
Changes? what changes? Apart from it now saying "version 1.1" in the corner when it's loading it's the same game. Personally I loved it before the patch so no change is a good change.

KnightHawk
4th Aug 2005, 23:29
Heres what I noticed.

Before the patch, on nearly every map, against nearly every army during at least the campaigns. I could usually instead of taking any objectives just find the closest highest peak, and set my forces and artillery to camp the spot, then just wait for the enemy to run up to my lines and just have the artillery blow them to kingdom come, while the infantry mow down the straglers.

After 1.1 patch, no more... now the AI won't come chasing me for squat, unless I'm actually defending. No more 700 loss vs 50 man loss victories for me......

Queeg
4th Aug 2005, 23:45
Heres what I noticed.

Before the patch, on nearly every map, against nearly every army during at least the campaigns. I could usually instead of taking any objectives just find the closest highest peak, and set my forces and artillery to camp the spot, then just wait for the enemy to run up to my lines and just have the artillery blow them to kingdom come, while the infantry mow down the straglers.

After 1.1 patch, no more... now the AI won't come chasing me for squat, unless I'm actually defending. No more 700 loss vs 50 man loss victories for me......

Coincidence. I saw both types of AI behavior before the patch. Unless there are a bunch of super-secret changes that, for some unknown reason, Pyro didn't tell us about, the patch does nothing to the AI. Any perceived differences likely are just "placebo effect."

Grandmaster
11th Aug 2005, 20:45
Narrator: Users can disable narrator voice with CTRL V at least you can get rid of that annoying narrator, with the patch that voice was
getting on my tits,

moetman
11th Aug 2005, 21:26
you could've done that before the patch by deleting the directory

Emperor of the French
11th Aug 2005, 23:15
Can't say I've noticed any change in the AI behaviour,

They still want to charge into mellee 90% of the time.
Unit damage values still seem the same.

Summary:
The tactical battle gameplay still stinks.
The strategic Map gameplay is good.

Eh... the AI still builds rubbish units and refuses to expand in any way beyond simple peaceful annexation.

efthimios
12th Aug 2005, 00:12
That is strange. I notice the AI constantly fighting wars and expanding. :confused:

edou20_nl
12th Aug 2005, 00:38
in my games only uk constantly anexs peaceful, the rest austria prussia and russia are al the time in war , only hate france ai , mostly dont does much.
i thing they should get peace anexation out of the game it realy sucks, sometimes a minor conquest some territories and then one of the bigs just anex it , would be nicer to se the minor growing and fighting the bigs empires.