PDA

View Full Version : Pre-GC 2005: Playable Tomb Raider at Show

MissLara2U
1st Aug 2005, 20:13
Eidos has officially confirmed that the German Games Convention, scheduled to begin on August 17 in Leipzig, will be the site where Tomb Raider Legend will be playable for the first time.

"We are very proud to offer the German Games Convention as the venue for Tomb Raider Legend's public world premiere," said Lars Winkler, Director of Product Marketing, Eidos Interactive. "Even at the world's largest videogame show in Los Angeles, the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo, the game was only shown to a specific few behind closed doors. At the Games Convention, not only will gameplay be shown to the public, but the producers will be there to answer questions as well."

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/638/638070p1.html

M.

1st Aug 2005, 20:21
NoooO! i wanna go to Germany now!lol

GoranAgar
1st Aug 2005, 22:06
My wife and I will be there on the very first day and we will of course share all official information and media.

MissLara2U
1st Aug 2005, 22:27
I look forward to finally meeting you both.

M.

imported_Mark_
1st Aug 2005, 22:30
Don't forget to take your video camera with you!! :D

Thanks for the info, ML2U.

GoranAgar
1st Aug 2005, 23:14
I look forward to finally meeting you both.

M.
You are coming here? Which day?

MissLara2U
1st Aug 2005, 23:16
On August 17th. I'll contact you via PM with details nearer the time. I'll be coming over with a German friend of mine. She is also from Leipzig.

M.

GoranAgar
1st Aug 2005, 23:24
You are nuts! :eek: ... But all the more reason to meet. :D

MissLara2U
1st Aug 2005, 23:32
HERE (http://www.gc-germany.de/publ_info_pictures_videos_e.shtml) is some media from GC 2004. To give folks an idea of what will be going on.

Trinity34
2nd Aug 2005, 01:15
I am totally jealous! :mad: If you get to play the demo then that means you get to record it! :mad:

Have a good time. :)

btw, you are going to love it when you see it on the big screens. I can just see it.. CS&P - "Wait, wait, don't go over there... take a look at how detailed this plant is." :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
3rd Aug 2005, 10:22
btw, you are going to love it when you see it on the big screens. I can just see it.. CS&P - "Wait, wait, don't go over there... take a look at how detailed this plant is." :)
OMG! :eek: That's exactly what I do!!! :o :p :D I really am so transparent, eh? :rolleyes:

Too bad you can't go too, Trinity. :(

Looking forward to meeting you there, MissLara2U. You're lucky you'll be right there so travel time will be minimized! :thumbsup:

LaraAngelOfDarkness
3rd Aug 2005, 19:12
*sigh*......I wish I could go too....*begins crying hysterically*

Seriously though, hope you guys have a good time. (Maybe the Official Playstation Magazine will get the demo sometime this year?)

Trinity34
4th Aug 2005, 01:57
On August 17th. I'll contact you via PM with details nearer the time. I'll be coming over with a German friend of mine. She is also from Leipzig.

M.

It looks like IGN is going to be there and if IGN is there probably GameSpot will also. ML2U who will be covering all the media if you go? :)

Trinity34
4th Aug 2005, 02:00
Too bad you can't go too, Trinity. :(

Well at least you do not have to travel very far to see Lara. Maybe there will be a new Lara model there also. Also, for everyone who will attend... can someone please find out what the storyline is? I am dying to know! :o

LaraAngelOfDarkness
4th Aug 2005, 03:17
Well at least you do not have to travel very far to see Lara. Maybe there will be a new Lara model there also. Also, for everyone who will attend... can someone please find out what the storyline is? I am dying to know! :o

Same here! At least to have the female nemesis or tech team revealed would hold me over, till the game comes out atleast.

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Aug 2005, 18:58
Ha, far enough! :p And in Summer. :( I don't like the heat. But I don't like the cold either...hmmmmmm ;)

I won't be the one to get the storyline, I'll be the one plugging my ears if they try and tell me! :D