PDA

View Full Version : Patch update

jaywalker2309
31st Jul 2005, 08:30
Hey there everyone. Massive apologises for the lack of updates lately. Works been complete and utter mayhem with new owners and processes taking over etc.

Anyways,

Good news time, patch is pretty much done, and should hopefully be released early next week.

Once its been confirmed will release the fix list to y'all.

Will tell you one update tho, is a speed control within the battles (both speeding up and slowing down, so while we couldn't put a `pause and command` function in we've enabled you to slow the game down so much that its almost the same :) )

More later...

Mike_B
31st Jul 2005, 09:01
Thanks for the info :)

Posted it on our site to hopefully spread the news.

Hengist_Sharpe
31st Jul 2005, 09:09
Great News, thx 4 sharing.

monkeytart
31st Jul 2005, 10:42
Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaa

Wilden
31st Jul 2005, 12:15
Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaa
i second that

Kausten
31st Jul 2005, 12:51
Nice! Guess ill need to clear my schedule so i have the time for my third game of IG after i gotten patch that is :)

ricbar89
31st Jul 2005, 16:28
Im guna get it now!! :D

Sharpe
31st Jul 2005, 17:11
*buys new graphics card*

PrinceMyshkin
31st Jul 2005, 18:49
will we bea able to get the patch from the forum, or will we have to finally run game shadow??

Queeg
31st Jul 2005, 19:24
Great news. Thanks.

ricbar89
31st Jul 2005, 19:27
*buys new graphics card*

Check your PMs sharpe

Mike_B
31st Jul 2005, 19:35
will we bea able to get the patch from the forum, or will we have to finally run game shadow??

Patches are usually spread through gamesites or on the Eidos ftp. I guess game shadow is just an extra way to get it, but I'm sure there will be plenty of sites offering the file for download, including our fansite.

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 20:57
Do we get to change unit sizes? please god be so
and how about fixing it so that it we get all the countries territories once we take over the capital :)

Hengist_Sharpe
31st Jul 2005, 21:46
Do we get to change unit sizes? please god be so
and how about fixing it so that it we get all the countries territories once we take over the capital :)
Read Jay's post above...
"Once its been confirmed will release the fix list to y'all."

I personally hope they've nerfed the Militia, but there's no point in asking right now. We will just have to wait and see :)

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 22:01
^ ya thats what im praying for tho

southpark
31st Jul 2005, 22:02
hey whats up?

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 22:15
hey southpark :D

screamingpalm
31st Jul 2005, 22:29
any fixes for multiplayer?

ricbar89
31st Jul 2005, 22:32
Yea can you give us a list of all the fixes and changes??

From playing the Demo it seems that cav is way over powerd, and battles dont last long enogth.... :(

Hengist_Sharpe
1st Aug 2005, 10:09
Yea can you give us a list of all the fixes and changes??

Jay has already said he would... Once it's been CONFIRMED. Please read his post before posting!

Cpt.HooK
1st Aug 2005, 17:58
I would be happy with rumours and nearsay right now :)

Nial
1st Aug 2005, 20:46
Sweet!!!!!!...................Thanks JayCw

Queeg
2nd Aug 2005, 04:12
He said - yesterday, a Sunday - that the patch may be available early "next" week. So was yesterday, Sunday, the end of last week or the beginning of this week? Is the "next" week this week or the week after this week?

Funny how timing can affect the meaning of such a simple word.

Hengist_Sharpe
2nd Aug 2005, 08:53
Queeg mate, you think to much. :)

Does midnight sit on the fence of the am/pm argument?

Do Bears s h i t in the woods?

:)

Hengist_Sharpe
2nd Aug 2005, 09:37
I would be happy with rumours and nearsay right now :)
Ok Cpt.HooK, how's this for you?

I have it on good 'rumour', that all unit stats have been carefully re-evaluated and adjusted for balance.

i) Unit morale has been increased to allow the routing of troops.
ii) All unit damage stats have been adjusted. e.g. Militia will still charge with their sticks, but the majority will be wiped out by musket fire before they reach your infantry lines.
iii) Unit sizes have been increased.
iv) Save function between tactical battles implemented.
v) Artillery range has been extended to twice the present.
vi) Musket and rifle ranges have been increased.
vii) Formation control of units has been improved.
viii) Ship battles are no longer constrained within a small battle area, allowing the whole use of the map.
ix) Unit behaviour modified (i.e. they will no longer charge the enemy as often).
x) Speed control implemented.

Happy now? If you need anymore 'rumours', then let me know :)

moetman
2nd Aug 2005, 09:42
Great !!

What about getting rid of the time limit ?

Hengist_Sharpe
2nd Aug 2005, 09:55
Great !!

What about getting rid of the time limit ?
Remember that my previous post, in reply to Cpt. HooK, is just a 'rumour'. It could be totally un-true, and most likely is un-true :)

Cpt.HooK
2nd Aug 2005, 11:35
But you never know ;)

jaywalker2309
2nd Aug 2005, 13:15
Should be released later today.

Fix list to follow..

This patch will update ALL versions, however there is a small problem for Czech consumers, the tutorial text will not display properly when patch is installed, but this is only on the czech version (this will be fixed shortly).

Cpt.HooK
2nd Aug 2005, 13:24
Should be released later today.

Fix list to follow..

This patch will update ALL versions, however there is a small problem for Czech consumers, the tutorial text will not display properly when patch is installed, but this is only on the czech version (this will be fixed shortly).

Arrr this is good news indeed :thumbsup:

jaywalker2309
2nd Aug 2005, 13:32
Patch Details (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52733)

Hengist_Sharpe
2nd Aug 2005, 13:34
Great news, thx.

zizzenet
2nd Aug 2005, 14:17
Patch Details (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52733)

Thanks, we're waiting for the file. But... is that really all? Developers worked many months... and that's all? What's about the here and there fool AI (see my old posts on it)? What's about the bugs with the map (see my old screenshots on it)? etc.
I hope, this list is not complete. However, i think, we're thankfully for this update, it will be useful, i'm sure. I want only to know, there is any hope to get more and important updates later, too. This game needs this.
Thanks your attention, dear mods.

Irish2
2nd Aug 2005, 14:57
Thanks, we're waiting for the file. But... is that really all? Developers worked many months... and that's all? What's about the here and there fool AI (see my old posts on it)? What's about the bugs with the map (see my old screenshots on it)? etc.
I hope, this list is not complete. However, i think, we're thankfully for this update, it will be useful, i'm sure. I want only to know, there is any hope to get more and important updates later, too. This game needs this.
Thanks your attention, dear mods.

My sentiments exactly. If this is all, thats too bad. I didn't even realize most of the list of fixes were even problems. We all wanted some AI tweaks and I see none.

jaywalker2309
2nd Aug 2005, 15:33
My sentiments exactly. If this is all, thats too bad. I didn't even realize most of the list of fixes were even problems. We all wanted some AI tweaks and I see none.

This list is stuff we were told about, am sure theres little things in there too.

screamingpalm
2nd Aug 2005, 16:00
So no multiplayer lobby? This is really the biggie for me and many others who have become frustrated in not being able to host games in gamespy. I can host on other games that use gamespy, but have their own lobby (ie RTW). Guess I'll be trading my copy in at Gamespot then. :mad:

jaywalker2309
2nd Aug 2005, 16:45
So no multiplayer lobby? This is really the biggie for me and many others who have become frustrated in not being able to host games in gamespy. I can host on other games that use gamespy, but have their own lobby (ie RTW). Guess I'll be trading my copy in at Gamespot then. :mad:

To add in a complete new in game lobby was a hell of a lot of work.

Also RTW still uses gamespy, but just ingame. so in theory any connection issues u'd have with the client u'll have in game too..

screamingpalm
2nd Aug 2005, 17:58
To add in a complete new in game lobby was a hell of a lot of work.

Also RTW still uses gamespy, but just ingame. so in theory any connection issues u'd have with the client u'll have in game too..

I would have thought so, but I can host with no problems on RTW. I had read somewhere that using a lobby does something, not sure what. Maybe one of our techie's on the forum can explain better. Sorry for the bluntness, but it gets frustrating for a lot of us to wait around for someone to host a game. Groups of us would hang out in the lobby typing "can you host?" ..."no can you?".... "who can host a frekkin game?"... etc [There's good reason why there are a max of only 20 people in the IG lobby at any time- and that's during peak times, it's usually empty during West coast US time]

jaywalker2309
2nd Aug 2005, 18:16
I would have thought so, but I can host with no problems on RTW. I had read somewhere that using a lobby does something, not sure what. Maybe one of our techie's on the forum can explain better. Sorry for the bluntness, but it gets frustrating for a lot of us to wait around for someone to host a game. Groups of us would hang out in the lobby typing "can you host?" ..."no can you?".... "who can host a frekkin game?"... etc

Yeh i do sympathise with u..i am not able to host games on my laptop at home because of something somewhere stopping it, and i know what i am doing hehe

Elkin
2nd Aug 2005, 19:25
Thanks for the update on the patch. I appreciate your efforts on keeping us in the loop.