PDA

View Full Version : Updating Drivers...

ricbar89
29th Jul 2005, 19:01
A bit off-topic but...

Ok, iv never been really sure how to do this so i was wondering if you guys would help...

I have an ATI RADEON 9200 SE

I downloaded a driver and updates it befor but it wasent a catalyst, so do i need to download the catalyst thing aswell??

Thanks..

Sharpe
29th Jul 2005, 20:30
I installed the latest driver (driver only, the ati control panel etc is optional) yesterday and it messed up my PC, everything takes a very long time to open. Took 6 minutes to open up my internet browser, with nothing else running at the same time. So now I've uninstalled the driver, but its still dodgy, so I'm going to have to format my hard disk, and re-install everything.

Wilden
29th Jul 2005, 22:58
I installed the latest driver (driver only, the ati control panel etc is optional) yesterday and it messed up my PC, everything takes a very long time to open. Took 6 minutes to open up my internet browser, with nothing else running at the same time. So now I've uninstalled the driver, but its still dodgy, so I'm going to have to format my hard disk, and re-install everything.
bloody hell man, just run a virus scan

ricbar89
29th Jul 2005, 23:00
I have already updated it, but not the caterlyst.....

Shall i?? hen you downloaded the catalyst did it screw up, or the other driver update??

sick
30th Jul 2005, 00:31
bloody hell man, just run a virus scan

Doesn't do the trick. I had the exact same problem about 2 months ago, after I installed IG. :eek:
Computer does run perfectly fine in safe mode, but it gives Windows that ugly Win98 look.
Formatting the pc is indeed the best option.

Poniatowski
30th Jul 2005, 14:17
"Catalyst" is the driver.

The latest driver is Catalyst 5.7

swordhorder
1st Aug 2005, 20:34
where do you get 5.7 plz??

Wiltshire Tony
2nd Aug 2005, 07:43
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

swordhorder
2nd Aug 2005, 12:50
This is directed at the two suffering intollerable load times for basic programs.

Defrag. Right click on the hard drive (C: for those of you don't know :|) disk tools and the bottom option is Defrag. Do that occasionally, fragmented data increases the load time, and if the virus scan returns nothing then you're suffering from a serverly fragmented drive :|