PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testing for Legend.

Trinity34
28th Jul 2005, 00:06
To Eidos..

I hereby offer my skills as an official beta tester for Legend. :D Through my profession I have learned the ability to pay attention to details and to determine when something looks out of norm. So... O please! pick me! pick me! pick me!... :D I have playstation 2 and computer. Mike I'll be waiting for your pm. :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forums/graemlins/jumper.gif

SMSL
28th Jul 2005, 00:38
And I offer... who am I kidding, I BEG you to pick me as the beta X-Box tester. My profession has nothing to do with it, nor am I sharp on finding details or abnormal stuff in games, so I can give you pretty much the idea on what the casual gamer WON'T notice and, heck, I wanna play!

imported_Mark_
28th Jul 2005, 00:59
LOL!

I pick the PC version to test the game with old graphic cards such as nVidia GeForce 4 MX. :D (That way you will assure compatibility with old systems).

WraithStar
28th Jul 2005, 01:01
I'd love to beta-test it for PC :D I don't have any technical qualifications. I am, however, extremely neurotic and if something annoys me, you'll hear about it immediately;) I also tend to do the most idiotic things conceivable in the games, so if a particular part has bugs due to some unforeseen user actions, I will probably find them :p

imported_Mark_
28th Jul 2005, 01:13
I protest. Technical qualifications and objectivity are needed in order to test a game, so leave me the PC version!! :D :D :p

WraithStar
28th Jul 2005, 01:15
You can test it for technical perfection and I'll test it in terms of aggravation versus happiness that it causes. We can all work together to make this the best game ever :D

midroth
28th Jul 2005, 01:23
Get all out of the way, I get the PS2 version. To test length and riddle quality! :D Me, me, me!

Trinity34
28th Jul 2005, 01:27
hehe :D :D :D

Sophia Leigh
28th Jul 2005, 02:10
Get all out of the way, I get the PS2 version. To test length and riddle quality! :D Me, me, me!

No, no, no! Me, me, me! :D

DJ Tech
28th Jul 2005, 03:00
If there's a PS2 beta test for Legend, I'll gladly join.
Especially since I missed the beta tests for both Ratchet: Deadlocked and Jak X:Combat Racing :(

TS16
28th Jul 2005, 12:19
ooh ooh, add me to the list of ps2 beta testers :D i'll gladly stay up long hours to play the...uhhh i mean look for bugs. :)

Alti
29th Jul 2005, 00:10
OOO A Beta Tester!!! Pick me for the PS2 version!! LOL! :)

Mike_B
29th Jul 2005, 09:17
Mike I'll be waiting for your pm. :)

Mike_g does no longer work for Eidos, thought I'd mention this.

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Jul 2005, 10:08
Isn't the new guy also Mike? From a long line of Mikes? Maybe Mike isn't so much a name as a title! :eek: :D

midroth
29th Jul 2005, 10:12
PT: It is a title!

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Jul 2005, 10:25
O please! pick me! pick me! pick me!... :D I have playstation 2 and computer. :)

Playstation2, Gamecube, Xbox, several PCs and laptops, Atari, SuperNintendo, gameboys, phones, here....but I don't want to betatest! :D I want to play the finished polished game! :D Don't pick me! :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Jul 2005, 10:26
PT: It is a title!
Do you think it's royal? :eek:

midroth
29th Jul 2005, 11:04
Sorry PT. But if I tell you, I have to k*** you. Better you google... :cool:

J_B_G_
29th Jul 2005, 14:10
Playstation2, Gamecube, Xbox, several PCs and laptops, Atari, SuperNintendo, gameboys, phones, here....but I don't want to betatest! :D I want to play the finished polished game! :D Don't pick me! :D
Dont pick me, nice strategy! :D ;)

SMSL
29th Jul 2005, 14:35
:D Don't pick me! :D

Listen to it, it's reasonable. Don't pick CatSuit&Ponytail for the X-Box testing, pick ME! :D

imported_Mark_
29th Jul 2005, 15:13
* Keeps dreaming... * :rolleyes:

Mike_B
29th Jul 2005, 15:58
Isn't the new guy also Mike? From a long line of Mikes? Maybe Mike isn't so much a name as a title! :eek: :D

I wouldn't know really didn't know there was a new guy, maybe he's just good at hiding :)

Another Mike eh, hmm the English equivalent of my name must do well at Eidos :)

As for beta testing I think the only way to take part of it is to be a member of Sony's GAP. Well I believe it's called that way in the 25 to life section there are members who are a member of GAP and participated in the PS2 beta testing. Hope this can be of help.

DKSM
29th Jul 2005, 16:35
I don't believe the GAP is a requirement for PS2 testing, @m. What you do need to do is sign up for the Playstation Underground (I only know of this in the North American PS site) and then say you want to beta test. You also must be 18.

The GAP is the Gamer Advisory Panel, which participates in private discussions on different topics about all aspects of gaming, some of which are written by members . Most people say this helps increase your chances of Beta Testing, but no official PS person has stated this as true.

It's also important to note that the GAP as of now is invite-only, and you only get an invite if you are a Playstation Underground member.

And about "the Mike situation", the current Mike is Mike Schmitt. ;)

Laraman
29th Jul 2005, 17:58
The GAP and Playsation Underground, that's only really for NA Beta Testing games, isn't it? Is there a European equivalent? I'd love to do Beta Testing but with a PAL PS2, I don't think a NTSC version would work ;)

Anyway, if you're giving out for free Beta testing with no joining or GAPness or anything, sign me up! For the PS2, PC and PSP!

Or if you do do a European equivalent, give me an invite or link and I'll join!

Acceber
29th Jul 2005, 19:50
What is this PC/console nonsense?

You lot are so behind.

You all know that my Mac and I are prime candidates.

:D

What? :p

WraithStar
29th Jul 2005, 20:18
Well, yeah you're a prime candidate for Mac beta testing--you're probably the only one using a Mac ;)

imported_Mark_
29th Jul 2005, 23:43
That reminds me... I can test the game in Linux too! :D

Clumsyorchid
30th Jul 2005, 00:46
Typically the GAP tests online multiplayer titles. I can't speak for Legend, since I do not work at Eidos anymore, but most games are tested in house at the Developer and the Publisher. Testing goes through Alpha, Beta, RC and well, into your hands :). If you want to get your hands on Legend early, I would start polishing the ol' resume and see if Eidos or CD is hiring :).

Mike_B
30th Jul 2005, 09:04
I don't believe the GAP is a requirement for PS2 testing, @m. What you do need to do is sign up for the Playstation Underground (I only know of this in the North American PS site) and then say you want to beta test. You also must be 18.

The GAP is the Gamer Advisory Panel, which participates in private discussions on different topics about all aspects of gaming, some of which are written by members . Most people say this helps increase your chances of Beta Testing, but no official PS person has stated this as true.

It's also important to note that the GAP as of now is invite-only, and you only get an invite if you are a Playstation Underground member.

And about "the Mike situation", the current Mike is Mike Schmitt. ;)

Ah ok then I stand corrected x 2

Tom1191
23rd Aug 2005, 22:17
please pick me eidos i have beta tested before
please im not here to play the game im here 2 look 4 bugs

Trinity34
23rd Aug 2005, 23:51
please pick me eidos i have beta tested before
please im not here to play the game im here 2 look 4 bugs

Hi Tom.
Welcome to the forum.

Look some bugs :eek: --->

http://www.roachcontrol.com/aroach.jpg

Pretty lame, huh? :rolleyes: :)

Trinity34
23rd Aug 2005, 23:52
What is this PC/console nonsense?

You lot are so behind.

You all know that my Mac and I are prime candidates.

:D

What? :p

What's a Mac? ;)

Trinity34
8th Nov 2005, 02:16
Matt can you find out if the beta testing has started for Legend? Why not ask Eidos to have some of the fans beta test??? :D :D