PDA

View Full Version : some questions from a N00B

LoHrieksguard
26th Jul 2005, 23:53
Hey, Being a veteran to the TW series i figured i would pick up IG later on today since ive been dreaming of a gunpoweder age game, Now i have some questions and i hope they can be answered

1. It says to annex certain countrys you need 3 armies! that is quite a big thing in TW wich is why it sounds confusing i know its a diffrent system so how big are the armys ussually in this game?

2. i saw the screenshot of the campaign map and it looked kinda confusing with all the graphs of food, pop, etc, is it easier then it looks?

and 3. is thier a toutorial for the campaign map? i can learn my tactics b doing quick battle, the campaign map might be a bit mroe complicated, thanks for in advance
rieksguard

sick
27th Jul 2005, 00:20
Welcome. :)

1. The time it takes before you fully annex a country depends on the troops you've stationed there. The maximum is 3 troops per province.

2. It's damn easy.

3. Yup, you'll learn the basics in no time.

Hope you'll enjoy the game. :)

=V3=
27th Jul 2005, 02:03
Yeah, no worries. I got the game yesterday, and I already have pretty much everything down. Plus, in the tutorials screen, click on managment, and it'll train you on how to use the map.

LoHrieksguard
27th Jul 2005, 03:57
thanks for the replys

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 21:59
2. i saw the screenshot of the campaign map and it looked kinda confusing with all the graphs of food, pop, etc, is it easier then it looks?

rieksguard
since your a tw vet IG is similar to M:TW then RTW as the campaign map if you drop your armies to territories it invades it instead of moving them like RTW imo i like this system more then rome's system as its more realistic since historical armies would rape the territory's countryside for food as they passed by so countries would be quite mad for your maruading army passing by without permission :)

southpark
31st Jul 2005, 22:01
hey m8 whats up

RomanTrickery
31st Jul 2005, 22:23
Zeroh this is implemented in rtw when u invade a territory u armied will cause black stuff to appear on the territory of the enemy this represents destroyed roads and the countryside being destroyed.

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 23:01
^ ya i know but what i mean was that in IG if move an army in territory that not yours its automatic war declaration unlike RTW where the AI doesnt really do much. Just that imo its more realistic that it should be auto war if you move your troops in other people territory since their raping the countryside.

RomanTrickery
1st Aug 2005, 03:27
May i ask what difficulty u are playing the ai on very hard will send a messege of tran agression and declare war on u if u move in there territory.