PDA

View Full Version : New to IG, need advise

ricbar89
26th Jul 2005, 23:41
Ok, i have down loaded the demo and i loved it and it think im guna buy it, but i need help with a few things first....

1. My PC is really bad, it can run the demo very playable but the main game with much larger armies, it might not be able to handle it very well...

2. I got a weird grapical prob, whenever a cannon ball lands it leaves a big black texture square insted of a creater??? How do i fix this, my card is ATI redion 9200 pro drivers are updated...

3. How do i keep my lines intact??? i mean all my guys turn out of formation, is there a command to make them hold the exact grond, and only fire at what they can?? Also the square formation doesnt seem to work, mylines keep getting broke be cav charges?

I got a few more things i forgot about, ill add them later.

Thanks

Zero Gulf
27th Jul 2005, 17:16
If you like the demo, you will go 'gah-gah' over the game!

1) Buy the game, but start thinking about upgrading your computer so you can enjoy the really great graphics of Imperial Glory. It really is an amazing 'eye candy' game! Requires a really good Gamers Computer to activate all options to the MAX.

2) >see #1 above

3) If you do not assign a target for your troops, the AI kicks in and they will turn toward the nearest threat. High-lite them and re-assign a target, or move them away from the threat. Square formation in Quick Game is only available if you activate the 'Advanced Infantry' research button (2nd button, left side, middle of Configure Army screen)

"Move to the sound of the guns!" :thumbsup:

ricbar89
27th Jul 2005, 21:56
Thanks for the reply.

How large can battles be?? i would like to se some very big waterloo style battles, with huge lines facing each other down, does this ever happen. I find the demo very rapid with alot of melee combat, is there ever mainly ranged combat???

Can some of you vet players post some of your own screens for me to see your biggest and best battles, i mean there loads of screens on the web but there always done by ppl reviewing it and never vet players...meaning there not very good at showing you what the games about..

joxer31
28th Jul 2005, 13:12
How large can battles be?? i would like to se some very big waterloo style battles, with huge lines facing each other down, does this ever happen.

The total number of men in a battle will not be magnificent and the pace of the battles will only get faster as better units reach the battlefields. The most units that any side can have on a battlefield at one time is 18.

find the demo very rapid with alot of melee combat, is there ever mainly ranged combat???

You will have to get use to the melee portion of the game as it remains a large portion of battles until most of the countries reach the second age and they discontinue creating militia.

I hope I dont turn you off from the game. Most of the vet players have now placed their faith in the patch that has been rumored to be coming out.

ricbar89
28th Jul 2005, 22:03
Im still going to get it...

I love the time and there is nothing like seeing the enemy tying to get up a hill being shot to shreds.

I not sure when im guna get it, think ill wait for the patch. When it coming out??? Is there one already out??

Kausten
29th Jul 2005, 12:53
3. How do i keep my lines intact??? i mean all my guys turn out of formation, is there a command to make them hold the exact grond, and only fire at what they can?? Also the square formation doesnt seem to work, mylines keep getting broke be cav charges?

I read somewhere on this board that theres a few orders you can give your men to counter that problem, but if they work i dont really know..

Hold position = CTRL+ALT+H

Defensive Stance = CTRL+ALT+P

Offensive Stance = CTRL+ALT+O

ricbar89
29th Jul 2005, 18:01
Few more questions...

1. If my unit is in hand to hand with another unit, and im firing shots into the battle will i kill my own men???

2. Can ship increase in skill or rank, so you can have really good vet ships??

3. How does the AI hand fleets, i mean in campainge will there AI always have a number of ships together or is there somtimes 1v1 ship battles? Or smaller fights, like two sloopes v Man o war(BIG ships..)??

4. In navel battles can you ram your own ships/Shoot you own ships by accident?

Please post some screns of you battles guys, i really want to see some ve players screens....

southpark
31st Jul 2005, 09:20
I hope I dont turn you off from the game. Most of the vet players have now placed their faith in the patch that has been rumored to be coming out.[/QUOTE]

you have got the vet player still keeping hope the militia are pretty easy to get round if u play the game quite a bit, but it ruins the atmosphere more than anything!

miltia like that were actually very rare in napolionic era as they could easily get there hands on guns in their camp or off the floor so the milita are the generals would also be very reluctant to send in miltia into a proper battle

as these are the ony type of battle u can play its stupid to have created them in the first place

"comon eidos pyro studios u have so many games and u r the leading brand for war games and u have i am assmuming evperimenting with these miltia but even so u can still test the game. this one of the best games yet but preatorians is better for game play. and that is a year old

but this game is still overal better coz its soo much fun so i am not stateing that this game is crap coz its not it is very good. so great work~! :cool:

Kausten
31st Jul 2005, 12:45
Few more questions...

1. If my unit is in hand to hand with another unit, and im firing shots into the battle will i kill my own men???

2. Can ship increase in skill or rank, so you can have really good vet ships??

3. How does the AI hand fleets, i mean in campainge will there AI always have a number of ships together or is there somtimes 1v1 ship battles? Or smaller fights, like two sloopes v Man o war(BIG ships..)??

4. In navel battles can you ram your own ships/Shoot you own ships by accident?

Please post some screns of you battles guys, i really want to see some ve players screens....

1) Its been a while but i dont think you hurt your own men unless you fire a canon into the group

2) Yes they get rank like your men.

3) I had a battle where enemy had 6 Frigates and i had 1 ship of the line... guess who won :) I also had 1 vs 1 battles.. like sloop vs sloop.. mostly the AI choose to outrun your ships thou.. and thus no battle occours.. which is annoying if you want to land that big army you happen to have in that same zone as those enemy ships.. As you cant unload troops from ships with enemy ships present in same zone

4) I dont really know about shooting your own ships.. but you sure can ram your own ships.. i lost a ship of the line that way thx to my uber skills :)

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 21:44
Few more questions...

im pretty sure you will hurt your own men when theyre in melee and the casualty is quite high as well