PDA

View Full Version : Commandos Mystery...

iakovos
26th Jul 2005, 11:52
Hello all,

I was over at pczone site, reading one of the interviews about Commandos
Strike Force http://www.pczone.co.uk/news/news_story.php?id=122265

and the following segment got my attention:

Tell us something you haven't told anyone else about Commandos Strike Force.
Garci√*: Hmmm, nice question. Okay, Commandos Strike Force will not be an
isolated game, but part of something else.

Any ideas on what Garcia is talking about? Anyone?

Cheers,

Iakovos:)

Thorup
11th Aug 2005, 20:06
it will probably be a part of some of the other commandos games

iakovos
18th Aug 2005, 10:31
Esp√©rons que ce report soit de bonne augure pour ce soft qui op√©rera un v√©ritable virage dans la s√©rie puisqu'il mettra le joueur au coeur de l'action gr√Ęce √* une vue √* la premi√®re ou √* la troisi√®me personne (au choix) dans des missions se d√©roulant tour √* tour en France, en Russie et en Norv√®ge au cours de la Seconde Guerre Mondiale.

By reading okidoki's post (in the TAFN forums) I read the above. That means that by choice, the player will have the ability to change from 1st person viewing to 3rd person viewing and vice versa (the same was able for Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight).

So, is this... for real? What do you think? Someone could actually play the game only in 3rd person view for instance?

Longshot
18th Aug 2005, 23:17
Not sure if its true but if anyone tried Hidden & Dangerous then should know what to expect if you can swtich between 1st and 3rd person view.

I like it. :)

sick
24th Aug 2005, 20:35
Quoting from the TAFN forums (http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/forums/viewtopic.php?t=454)

Alright people,

@m, and possibly me, are going to Games Market Europe (GME) the 31st of this month. GME is a game expo in London. We have arranged a chat with the developers and now we would like to hear your questions for them!

So, if anything comes to your mind, post it here. But please, do it before the 29th or smth!

So, if you want more mysteries to be solved, post here, on the TAFN forums, or send an email to webmaster@tafn.info. :)

Spittie
29th Aug 2005, 17:52
By reading okidoki's post (in the TAFN forums) I read the above. That means that by choice, the player will have the ability to change from 1st person viewing to 3rd person viewing and vice versa (the same was able for Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight).

So, is this... for real? What do you think? Someone could actually play the game only in 3rd person view for instance?

Nope, that isn't possible.

iakovos
30th Aug 2005, 09:54
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight was also a first person shooter, but it gave the ability to the player to play the whole game on 3rd person view/mode. The recent screenshots of CSF suggest likewise... are you certain of your comment (meaning you have actual facts), or you are just guessing?

Cheers,

Mike_B
30th Aug 2005, 11:50
I'll let you know when I'm back from GME.

Mike_B
31st Aug 2005, 18:40
Nope, that isn't possible.

I don't know or you deliberately gave out wrong information but if you did stop it or you're leaving. If it was just a mistake then next time it would be nice if you'd post a source from where you got your info.

I had a little hands-on with the game today at GME and there's a third person/freeway vision to look around corners or just behind your back. This in place of the commonly used leaning left/right option in tradition fps's. I'll busy typing my report and it should be up in an hour or so.

Spittie
19th Sep 2005, 20:42
I don't know or you deliberately gave out wrong information but if you did stop it or you're leaving. If it was just a mistake then next time it would be nice if you'd post a source from where you got your info.

I had a little hands-on with the game today at GME and there's a third person/freeway vision to look around corners or just behind your back. This in place of the commonly used leaning left/right option in tradition fps's. I'll busy typing my report and it should be up in an hour or so.
Well, when I played this game, there was only a 1st person view. That was in April, so maybe they have changed that over the months, I dunno.