PDA

View Full Version : Laras new cliff hanging stance

TS16
26th Jul 2005, 04:43
It looks like Laras got a ton of new moves in this game. one of them being when she hangs off a cliff. she used to hang down, facing the cliff, both hands hanging onto the ledge. In legend, she hangs one handed, feet gripping the sides of the cliff. i like it, its alot more realistic. makes lara look like a pro. :D geesh, i dont think i can wait till 2006 for this. the anticipation is killing me. But yeah, what do you guys think of laras new moves, better ? worse ? discuss :)

SMSL
26th Jul 2005, 11:35
Better. :thumbsup:

My favorite moves were the swan dive, the handstand and the back flip and, in Legend, looks like I'll have one more: the way she swings on poles all olympic gymnastic style, eheheh! And I've seen she has kept at least the swan dive and the handstand, so me-happy. :D

Trinity34
26th Jul 2005, 22:17
did you see the move where she can jump from a lower ledge to a higher one right above her? :cool:... while hanging from it.

SMSL
27th Jul 2005, 00:47
Trin, I'm not sure on whether you're asking me, TS16, or everybody, so I'll answer anyway. Yeah, I did and it looks cool in buckets, as the new grabbing ledge style. :cool:

On, and another thing: the "not doing anything moves". You know, adjusting the stripes, pulling the gloves, and that reloading move that's shown in the trailer. I found them terrific! :thumbsup:

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Jul 2005, 10:42
On, and another thing: the "not doing anything moves". You know, adjusting the stripes, pulling the gloves, and that reloading move that's shown in the trailer. I found them terrific! :thumbsup:
Those are called "idle animations" and they are nice to see, along with the camera that pans around her while she's doing them, I hope there's a toggle. ;) The best ever idle animations had to have been American McGee's Alice. She was brilliant. :D

SMSL
27th Jul 2005, 12:58
Oh, thanks for clearing that up on me. :thumbsup: :)

Trinity34
27th Jul 2005, 23:57
along with the camera that pans around her while she's doing them, I hope there's a toggle. ;)

And here I thought the guys would be saying that. :p

LaraAngelOfDarkness
28th Jul 2005, 01:21
I love the new idle animations, but I love the fact that she blinks even better(It was creepy that in TR 1-6, Lara NEVER blinked)!

DJ Tech
28th Jul 2005, 03:02
She must have carried several gallons of eyedrops in the infinitely expanding void known as her backpack. :D

Sophia Leigh
28th Jul 2005, 04:58
I love the new idle animations, but I love the fact that she blinks even better(It was creepy that in TR 1-6, Lara NEVER blinked)!
:eek: Wow, I hadn't noticed that yet, thats really cool. :)

LaraAngelOfDarkness
28th Jul 2005, 05:40
Has anyone else noticed that CD really only took 1 animation from AOD? Its one that isn't needed for a good game, but makes some people out there happy to watch Lara run, lol. It's really obvious from the TombRaiderFans.com 6 minute HQ demo video, its right at the beginning near the cliffs edge. Try and guess which one. ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
28th Jul 2005, 10:17
Well, I like all that stuff. Like in Guild Wars, when I shoot my bow, my character's chest moves just like mine does when I was shooting a bow the other day. :) I like that level of attantion to detail. To have bits that everyone knows should move, not move, is just wierd. :D

Trinity, I always spend virtually hours of gameplay admiring the character model if it's well done when I play games. Every nuance is intersting to me, especially when they just stand there and breath. It's captivating. :D So naturally when the camera is a zoom-pan-around type, I feel I get my money's worth on the character. ;) I was doing that testing Dungeon Siege last night. :D We learned that MS didn't think it necessary to code so PC's could play with Macs. :mad: But maybe that changes with the release of DS2....but I won't hold my breath, I'll let you pan around me while I breath, hehehe ;)

GoranAgar
28th Jul 2005, 10:19
*starts moving his camera around CatSuit&Ponytail slowly and watches her just standing there*

SMSL
28th Jul 2005, 14:54
I was doing that testing Dungeon Siege last night. :D We learned that MS didn't think it necessary to code so PC's could play with Macs. :mad: But maybe that changes with the release of DS2....

Dungeon Siege player here! Can't wait to lay my hands on the II, next month! :thumbsup:

CatSuit&Ponytail
28th Jul 2005, 20:00
Can you imagine how good it will look with the new graphics??? :eek: :D

GoranAgar
28th Jul 2005, 20:21
I can't wait either. I hope I can buy you a pony again. ;)

SMSL
29th Jul 2005, 00:38
Can you imagine how good it will look with the new graphics??? :eek: :D

That's exactly my worst fear: for it to be too high on graphics... my card is a 32Mb GeForce IV and it's a laptop, so I can't change the card. :( I really hope I can play the game, but I still have to wait till it comes out to know the system requirements... I'm crossing my fingers for it not to need anything higher than a 32 Mb card.

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Jul 2005, 09:56
Oh, upgrading for a new game, always nail-biting waiting to know if your old rig can handle the stresses...."She cahnno take much morrrre Capn!" :eek: :D

storm shadow
29th Jul 2005, 19:18
I hope they include ALL the moves you can do with Lara in the booklet, and not some moves that you have to figure out for yourself! That just sucks... :(

WraithStar
29th Jul 2005, 20:25
That is what the internet is for :p Whenever a game doesn't include all of the moves in the manual, I just look for a good walkthrough online that lists them.

David 070
30th Jul 2005, 21:15
i dont think i can wait till 2006 for this.

2006!!! i thought it was coming out dec 2005! i cant wait a year & half!

:(

SMSL
30th Jul 2005, 22:16
Yes, you can, just wait and see. :D

Eh, so lame... :o