PDA

View Full Version : Victories

monkeytart
25th Jul 2005, 14:20
alright, i noe ppl have mentioned this before, but it was kinda old and most ppl didn't post in it, but perhaps we could all share one of your heroic, mighty victories that you feel proud of. it would be very enjoyable looking at. so i am hoping for some posts to come up! :D (any kind of victory would be fine)

monkeytart
25th Jul 2005, 15:15
ppl please post

=V3=
25th Jul 2005, 17:23
Let me get the game first. lol, I doubt you'd be interested in my demo vics. :)

Mister Nock
26th Jul 2005, 08:42
I posted my greatest victory a while ago. 1 reply. :(

So come on Monkey, what's your greatest victory.

Kronos1974
28th Jul 2005, 06:56
I was playing the british and at war with france. I had morocco to egypt, my main land and norway. Morocco was weakly defended but hardly ever see an AI invasion of more than a captain and 3 units, so i wasnt worried. I had 1 colonel there with 2 light infantry(arab infantry), 1 grenadier (british infantry), and 1 howitzer. France invaded with a captain and 1 colonel.

I move my troops on top of that large hill with the temple like building at the top. Place my 2 light infantry inside, put my grenadier unit on the crest of the hill, and my howitzer on the highest part for best range.

Cannon fired into a group of their infantry, smashed their lines. They charged up the hill only to meet a Grenadier unit in box formation. My light infantry open fire and rip these 2 enemy infantry units to shreads as my cannon fires on different target further down the hill.

At this point i have great range, good defense, and the advanage. 1 calvary unit charges up the hill.......cannon ball, several vollies of infantry rifles, and the strong boxed grenadier makes fast work of this calvary unit.

So far ive lost 19 grenadiers compared to their 120 line infantry, 36 calvary, and 60 militia. Woot..........

They decide to retreat, i capture the rest of their troops inclusing 2 howitzers to help with the next attack................ that never came :(

Its all about strategy, even the weak can over power the strong with good strategy :)

monkeytart
28th Jul 2005, 12:32
I was playing the british and at war with france. I had morocco to egypt, my main land and norway. Morocco was weakly defended but hardly ever see an AI invasion of more than a captain and 3 units, so i wasnt worried. I had 1 colonel there with 2 light infantry(arab infantry), 1 grenadier (british infantry), and 1 howitzer. France invaded with a captain and 1 colonel.

I move my troops on top of that large hill with the temple like building at the top. Place my 2 light infantry inside, put my grenadier unit on the crest of the hill, and my howitzer on the highest part for best range.

Cannon fired into a group of their infantry, smashed their lines. They charged up the hill only to meet a Grenadier unit in box formation. My light infantry open fire and rip these 2 enemy infantry units to shreads as my cannon fires on different target further down the hill.

At this point i have great range, good defense, and the advanage. 1 calvary unit charges up the hill.......cannon ball, several vollies of infantry rifles, and the strong boxed grenadier makes fast work of this calvary unit.

So far ive lost 19 grenadiers compared to their 120 line infantry, 36 calvary, and 60 militia. Woot..........

They decide to retreat, i capture the rest of their troops inclusing 2 howitzers to help with the next attack................ that never came :(

Its all about strategy, even the weak can over power the strong with good strategy :)
gotta lov that! :D

5/77 Armd
28th Jul 2005, 12:39
I know what hill you're talking about! That's a rough one.... I've never charged that hill when the AI is defending, it would be suicide. I lured them down with some Hussars and gave them a good spanking at the base of the hill. I bet you can hold that hill if all you had was a platoon of babies armed with pickles.

monkeytart
28th Jul 2005, 12:47
I know what hill you're talking about! That's a rough one.... I've never charged that hill when the AI is defending, it would be suicide. I lured them down with some Hussars and gave them a good spanking at the base of the hill. I bet you can hold that hill if all you had was a platoon of babies armed with pickles.
u just hate the militia sooooooo much eh, m8? :D

joxer31
28th Jul 2005, 13:34
It was on the flat plains of the H. Republic. The magnificent French army in all its imperial glory marched on the vile and wretched forces of the Austrain Empire.
[If you cant tell, Im the French trying to liberate H. Republic from Austria :) ]

The French marched in with 3 Colonels, Bonaparte, Murat, and Ney.
3 - 6 pounders
2 - Hussars
1 - Lancer
4 - Fusiliers
2 - Voltigiers

Austrians fielded 2 colonels and 1 capitain [their names were not important :)]
1 - Line Inf.
6 - Hussars
4 - Lancers

All the units were at full strength for both sides.

I had just finished reasearch square formations for the infantry. Im sure you now see where this is going.

The Austrians were quick to sieze the farm, the sole defensive building allowed to them. The French advanced in a massive battle line. Their artillery the focal point of the line with 2 divisions of Fusiliers to either side and reinforced by the ever persistent Voltigiers. The cavalry remained behind the artillery to cut off any attempts to destroy the batteries.

Once into position, all 3 batteries opened up on the nearest group of Austrian Lancers. Half their number were decimated in the opening volley. With their commrades dead or bleeding, the rest of the Cavalry charged.

The French artillery were already limbering up after their volley. The French infantry were forming square and the French Cavalry were chomping at the bit to charge. The artillery headed for the middle of the nearest infantry squares while the infantry patiently awaited their foe.

The Austrians then broke the charge into smallere groups to follow all 3 batteries into the squares. The French had wisely staggered their squares to maximize their abilities. So the field looked more like a checkerboard, than a battle.

The cavalry tried again and again to break the squares and get at the artillery but they failed. Every time, their numbers dwindled until the only thing left was a mountainous pile of men and horses. The French were victorious with 16 casualties, the result of the single group of Line infantry who managed to get off 2 volleys before they found the sword's edge and lance's point of French cavalry.

Austrian casualties were staggering all 420 men were dead.

5/77 Armd
28th Jul 2005, 15:35
u just hate the militia sooooooo much eh, m8? :D

Oh, I definately don't like militia but that's not where I was going here. The fact that they had mostly militia on that hill hurt them more than me!

The Morroccans had 2 militia and 1 light infantry on the hill and 1 militia and 2 line infantry by the tents. I formed a line with 6 line infantry and 3 light infantry on the small ridge facing the hill/temple and tents. My one unit of Lancers protected the left flank and my one unit of Hussars guarded the right flank closest to the hill.

After everyone was situated (the Morroccans kindly let me tweak my lines to the most minute detail) I started the Hussars up the slope. The enemy light infantry opened fire and dropped several of my men. Before they could get another shot off, the militia charged with a blood-curdling scream down the hill. My Hussars turned around and calmly led the berserking heathens to the center of my line and rode back behind my lines before returning to protect the right flank. My infantry opened up and left gaping holes in the ranks of the enemy. The enemy was unfazed however and continued their doomed charge.

Unfortunately I didn't move a unit of light infantry back behind the fusiliers quick enough and they were slaughtered by the Morroccan conscripts. However those were my only casualties of consequence. At this point my Lancers charged and dispatched the line infantry with no problem; I gave the Hussars and two fusilier battalions the order to advance and they finished off the remainder of the enemy.

On to Tunisia!

Azharas Knight
29th Jul 2005, 17:33
I had 3 battalions of line infantry, 1 battalion of light infantry and two battalions of hussars and one battery of 6 pund cannons. The French had 5 battalions of line infantry, 3 battalions of light infantry, 1 battalion of hussars and 2 battalions of lancers. The battle was in Hannover, they had the defensive side.

I moved onto the bridge, once my army reached the river the French tried to cross by water. It was a massacre, my cannon blew them to shreds and my troops did tremendous damage at being stationed along the riverside. I wiped out their cavalry fast and started moving in with my cavalry.

Summary:

French losses: 300 line infantry, 145 light infantry, 36 hussars, 72 lancers.
Prussian losses: 3 bronze cannons, 140 line infantry, 60 light infantry, 56 hussars