PDA

View Full Version : Problem Please Help

harana112
23rd Jul 2005, 17:04
Hello,

I purchased Imperial Glory yesterday and have been unable to run it on my computer. I have read through all of the relevant threads on this forum but have not seen anything that helps. Basically, after I install the program, two error messages pop up when I attempt to run it. The first, under the heading 'error starting program' says "The IMPERIALGLORY.EXE file is linked to missing export SHELL32.DLL:SHGetFolderPathW." then, beneath this, there is another error message under the heading "C:Program Files\Pyro Studios\ Imperial Glory\Imperial Glory.exe" reading "A device attached to the system is not functioning properly". I have intalled and uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as updated the drivers for my ATI Radeon 9250 video card. I really don't want to have wasted my $50, so I would appreciate it if someone here could assist me with getting this game going.

Regards,

A.H.

harana112
23rd Jul 2005, 20:54
Can someone please assist me here?

Cpt.HooK
23rd Jul 2005, 21:11
I'am no expert but i think this game has issues with certain cataylst drivers it also has issues with intel chips :(

ColMorimer
23rd Jul 2005, 22:57
if it is a catalist issue try updateing the drivers, you can get the newest at www.ati.com it helped me run it, though my problem was with it restarting my system

harana112
26th Jul 2005, 03:45
OK, I have updated the latest drivers for my ATI, but the message remains. Is there someone here that can explain why I am getting these error messages and what to do to rectify the situation?

thank you

harana112
27th Jul 2005, 01:17
Again, I ask if there is anyone out there who knows, specifically the causes of and remedies for the issue I am facing with this game. Specifically, I am asking Eidos staff to kindly provide me with some technical support for their product. This is ridiculous, I see that I am hardly the only one having trouble with this product, there seems to be no support here whatsoever.

timetraveller
27th Jul 2005, 14:08
What operating system are you running? XP *should* not give you this problem. Older versions of Windows, like 2000, ME or 98 might.

From the Microsoft site:

This function is a superset of SHGetSpecialFolderPath, included with earlier versions of the Shell. On systems preceeding those including Shell32.dll version 5.0 (Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me) and Windows 2000), SHGetFolderPath was obtained through SHFolder.dll, distributed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and later versions. SHFolder.dll always calls the current platform's version of this function. If that fails, it will try to simulate the appropriate behavior. SHFolder.dll continues to be included for backward compatibility, though the function is now implemented in Shell32.dll.
Note On older systems that require the redistributable SHFolder.dll, you must explicitly link to SHFolder.lib before you link to Shell32.lib.

TT

harana112
27th Jul 2005, 22:28
I am running windows 98. How do I fix this? And what about the other error message regarding a 'device'.

Thank you

ColMorimer
27th Jul 2005, 23:31
from the back of the box:

operating system: microsoft windows 2000/windows XP (admin rights required) (windows 95/98/ME/NT not supported)
looks like you need to get yourself XP :)

timetraveller
28th Jul 2005, 12:29
I am running windows 98. How do I fix this? And what about the other error message regarding a 'device'.

Thank you

Looks like you need a newer operating system which uses the newer shell32.dll file.

Just a guess, but the "device" error might be related to your video card.

TT

harana112
28th Jul 2005, 23:48
Oh for christ's sake, I do apologize for wasting your time and mine.

Regards,

A