PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Jolie will not voice Lara Croft

MissLara2U
23rd Jul 2005, 00:14
ANGELINA JOLIE WILL NOT VOICE LARA
Copyright 2005 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ July 22nd 2005 ]

Eidos has confirmed Tomb Raider star Angelina Jolie will not lend her voice to Lara Croft in Tomb Raider Legend, despite rumblings from the industry to the contrary. Eidos has also dismissed the return of dinosaurs and mummies in an attempt to restore the original properties of Tomb Raider.

Speaking to Playstation World, Executive producer Mike Schmitt touches on the incredible realism attached to Lara Croft. "We felt she'd had the same look for a bit too long and it needed some modernising. We wanted to make her more realistic - we've always felt she's a bit too cartoonish - but at the same time we wanted to make sure that she still looked like the video-game character people know and love."

One point that dogged The Angel Of Darkness was the abhorrent control system that literally drove fans of the series over the edge. Mike Schmitt puts to rest fears of a repeat performance. "The controls and camera systems are completely new. Lara needs to move as good as she looks, so a lot of work has gone into making the controls as intuitive as possible.

"The camera system is coming on nicely too. You're often presented with camera views best suited for the task at hand but, at any time, the player can manually manipulate the camera as they'd like."

M.

CatSuit&Ponytail
23rd Jul 2005, 08:20
"...but, at any time, the player can manually manipulate the camera as they'd like."

THIS is one of the things I wanted to hear for a long time. :D

WraithStar
23rd Jul 2005, 17:34
Indeed :D I suspected that the player can manually manipulate the camera from the E3 trailer but it's always good to officially hear that we have control any time we want it.

Sophia Leigh
24th Jul 2005, 08:29
ANGELINA JOLIE WILL NOT VOICE LARA
Copyright 2005 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ July 22nd 2005 ]

Eidos has confirmed Tomb Raider star Angelina Jolie will not lend her voice to Lara Croft in Tomb Raider Legend, despite rumblings from the industry to the contrary.

I didn't think people actually believed Angelina Jolie would voice the character :rolleyes:

CatSuit&Ponytail
24th Jul 2005, 09:09
I didn't think people actually believed Angelina Jolie would voice the character :rolleyes:
"People" believe the strangest things. Don't get me started. :p ;) :D

But it was a silly idea in the first place, especially since there was so much bad blood.

GeorgeMaciver
24th Jul 2005, 11:54
Phew . . .

Trinity34
24th Jul 2005, 13:32
Indeed :D I suspected that the player can manually manipulate the camera from the E3 trailer but it's always good to officially hear that we have control any time we want it.

When I viewed the demo at E3 the camera angle looked like the camera could be placed anywhere 360 degrees around Lara. :)

WraithStar
24th Jul 2005, 16:11
Excellent :D

Alti
24th Jul 2005, 22:58
I think it would have been nice if Angelina decided to voice Lara. But I guess you can't have everything.

foxybunny
25th Jul 2005, 10:52
Eidos has also dismissed the return of dinosaurs and mummies in an attempt to restore the original properties of Tomb Raider.

No Dinosaurs or mummies? You're kidding me? :(

I remember playing the original TombRaider and the how i felt when i first saw the HUGE T-REX and the music changed i literally **** myself. Those skeleton soldiers in TR : LR were fantastic, too. :rolleyes:

I will b gutted if there aren't any dinosaurs, especially since the graphics for TR : Legend look so amazing, i think a T-Rex would b really cool. I hate the human style levels that the following sequals featured - how dull. I love the lost, lonely levels full of animals to shoot. heh. ;)

star girl
25th Jul 2005, 13:31
No Angelina?!?!?!?

Well, I never even knew that she voiced Lara. No Angelina? YAY!!!
I hate her, so non-Lara like.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
25th Jul 2005, 14:51
No Angelina?!?!?!?

Well, I never even knew that she voiced Lara. No Angelina? YAY!!!
I hate her, so non-Lara like.

She didn't, and its too bad too.

Herege
26th Jul 2005, 23:04
Eidos has also dismissed the return of dinosaurs and mummies in an attempt to restore the original properties of Tomb Raider.

I loved Tomb Raider for Game Boy Color, in that there were bats, mummies and a gigantic snake, that was the type of "Tomb Raider" that I would like. I doubt that tombs and archeologists or traps can amuse more than something mythical as a dangerous creature in the deep of a temple or of a tomb. I don't see action in fleeing of thorns in the walls and stones that fall of the roof.

mrgrim747
3rd Aug 2005, 15:45
Can they drop Jonell whatshername while they're at it?

Her lithp and snide tone really hack me off!