PDA

View Full Version : Dromed tunes?

John D.
21st Jul 2005, 12:19
Does anybody listen to music while using Dromed. On my last mission I liked listening to Rammstien's new album Reise, Reise and Mutter. What does everyone else build to? :cool:

Yandros
21st Jul 2005, 18:20
Absolutely, except when I'm going ingame alot and want to hear the ambient music/sounds.

When working on DCE, I often listen to Sir Aric's Gravity Remix of "Just Breathe" over and over... don't know why. Sometimes it's classical music too, since we're using alot of it in that mission set. CoS is a different story... I usually put on creepy ambient music by Steve Roach or Brian Eno. The strangest thing of all, though, is what I listened to while doing A Thief's Holiday 2004... of all things, I had the ambients from The Cradle looping in WinAmp. Now THAT was an odd experience.

R_Soul
21st Jul 2005, 21:05
I listen to all sorts, including nothing.

Sometimes I have the T3 ambient 'Hum and Shimmer' looping while I'm running around my city.
I want to use that ambient but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed :D

madwolf
22nd Jul 2005, 15:52
I often listen to a beautiful album Called Lusignac by Chris Wood and Andy Cutting when DromEditing. Sort of French/English folky stuff. Also {and I'm not kidding!} Sacred choral works by Thomas Tallis. DromEd is too damn frustrating for loud stuff. Relax....

Spem in alium

John D.
22nd Jul 2005, 20:21
Sacred choral works by Thomas Tallis. I listened to the album Chant and even used a couple of tunes in Burglary in Blackbrook. :thumbsup:

SlyFoxx
25th Jul 2005, 12:47
I DromEd in utter silence...except for the drone of a fan or two. I can't get the feel of what I'm doing with too many distractions. Plus I go into game mode very often.

GORT-SMDM
31st Jul 2005, 07:21
For me, it really depends my mood. Since I have my stereo plugged into my soundcard, I sometimes listen to it. Other times, I would listen some midi files with my Yamaha XG soft synth. (to me, that is one of the best syntheziers I've ever heard.) :D But also, I would just go strait to work without any music at all.

ChristineS
31st Jul 2005, 15:33
While building my Thief II - Fms, I often listen to "Die Ärzte"

But since I'm working with shocked, I don't need any music. I go in game-mode very often and System Shock 2 uses songs in the missions.

evil Garrett
3rd Aug 2005, 09:45
I listen music until the "room brush" time is coming. :)
Nirvana & Fatboy Slim rules!!! :thumbsup:
BTW my OS is WinXPpro and System Shock didn't run because of NTFS file System, is it possible to fix that problem? :confused:

ChristineS
3rd Aug 2005, 16:57
BTW my OS is WinXPpro and System Shock didn't run because of NTFS file System, is it possible to fix that problem? :confused:

Maybe this will help: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69958

YohnY
4th Aug 2005, 00:09
Hi there, I listen FatBoySlim, Gramatik, Mňága&Žďorp and others and I listen it on my discman or on comp of my friend who is sitting next to me...., because while i am dromeding, I am not able to listen music on my comp....

GORT-SMDM
4th Aug 2005, 09:11
Well, my soundcard has EAX compatiblity. Makes the Thief games sound a hell of a lot better. :thumbsup:
So, when I'm playing my radio throught my computer, its like Garrett is carrying a boom box with him. :p

John D.
4th Aug 2005, 11:52
Ah EAX, I found to my delight that my Gigabyte motherboad internal audio on the computer I recently built has this feature. Nice stuff it really adds depth to the game! :D

madwolf
1st Sep 2005, 13:37
Odd thing about Nirvana; I discovered when my daughter was a baby that playing "Smells like teen spirit" would send her instantaneously into a deep sleep. We even used to tell the baby sitter.
Twelve years later of course she has her revenge by playing Evanescence and Good bloody Charlotte too loudly. Only I don't fall asleep.

Namphibian
4th Dec 2005, 09:08
Good old Thomas Newman, whose music you might have noticed I can't stop raving about. Usually the shawshank redemption or road to perdition soundtracks I find are good for getting into the Thief vibe while using dromed.

John D.
7th Dec 2005, 19:19
I still listen to Rammstien a lot, but I've been listening to some White Zombie/Queen mp3's as well. :thumbsup:

schwaa
7th Jan 2006, 00:37
Odd thing about Nirvana; I discovered when my daughter was a baby that playing "Smells like teen spirit" would send her instantaneously into a deep sleep. We even used to tell the baby sitter.
Twelve years later of course she has her revenge by playing Evanescence and Good bloody Charlotte too loudly. Only I don't fall asleep.

That makes me feel old.

I've been listening to some of my current fav's alot. Brooklyn Funk Essentials, Five Fingers of Funk, Steelpulse, Primus. But have listened to Rage Against the Machine and Tool a little recently, I've pulled a few clips from those 2 for my current project.

Yandros
8th Jan 2006, 03:15
That's funny, I pulled out Tool after not having listened to them for a couple of years...