PDA

View Full Version : question to ask

monkeytart
21st Jul 2005, 10:36
i am wondering if the mods i downloaded from our fellow modders will have conflicts with the offical patch after i download it? if so, that would be a big problem! *worried*

Mister Nock
21st Jul 2005, 10:41
Possibly. Who knows. Glad you brought this up acctually. It shouldn't have any big effect, but may overwrite the mod files.

All my mods have unistall instructions, I suggest you unisntall them, (ie. rename the various files,) then install the patch, play the game with the patch, and then put back any mods you still want to use.

monkeytart
21st Jul 2005, 11:25
Possibly. Who knows. Glad you brought this up acctually. It shouldn't have any big effect, but may overwrite the mod files.

All my mods have unistall instructions, I suggest you unisntall them, (ie. rename the various files,) then install the patch, play the game with the patch, and then put back any mods you still want to use.
very good suggestion, although i have to ask: can i just avoid the hustle and bustle and just reinstall? will reinstalling delete the mods?

Wilden
21st Jul 2005, 11:28
very good suggestion, although i have to ask: can i just avoid the hustle and bustle and just reinstall? will reinstalling delete the mods?
i found it deletes the mods associated with the data.pak files, but not any of the audio mods as the audio isnt in the file. odd no?