21st Jan 2013, 18:19
The link works perfectly fine to me.

nasos_333
21st Jan 2013, 18:21
The link works perfectly fine to me.

Strange, now it works indeed

StarCrapTV
21st Jan 2013, 20:22
Dont give up hope guys.. what the above poster said is true.. its only been what.. 3 or so months since ints release in japan.. we have to keep up spirits and keep promoting the game as much as humanly possible!!!

nasos_333
21st Jan 2013, 22:40
Dont give up hope guys.. what the above poster said is true.. its only been what.. 3 or so months since ints release in japan.. we have to keep up spirits and keep promoting the game as much as humanly possible!!!

There are some major problems there

1. despite all the demand, we still got a "no plans" from Square

2. they have moved on to the sequel, which lowers the chances of a US/European release to around zero

3. they have a conflicting title now, Final Fantasy all the Bravest would conflict with Bravely Default a lot, which means they have zero intention of ever releasing the game outside Japan rather clearly

In short, everything points to the fact that we will never see the game and that is the only sure fact right now

It is like beeing in the middle of the ocean and see a giant shark coming at you, surly there is a chance in the billion that he had whale a minute before and wont harm you, but would you ever think that when you see it?

Same thing with BD, all signs point to another major Square dissapointment and the sooner we realize it the better

So we can start a "dont buy Square games" movement, which will not be so hard considering the quality of FF games lately

member_10064966
21st Jan 2013, 23:38

2. they have moved on to the sequel, which lowers the chances of a US/European release to around zero

3. they have a conflicting title now, Final Fantasy all the Bravest would conflict with Bravely Default a lot, which means they have zero intention of ever releasing the game outside Japan rather clearly

In short, everything points to the fact that we will never see the game and that is the only sure fact right now

It is like beeing in the middle of the ocean and see a giant shark coming at you, surly there is a chance in the billion that he had whale a minute before and wont harm you, but would you ever think that when you see it?

Same thing with BD, all signs point to another major Square dissapointment and the sooner we realize it the better

So we can start a "dont buy Square games" movement, which will not be so hard considering the quality of FF games lately

You're jumping the gun here. It's only been 3 months, but it's still imperative to let them know there's demand. I wouldn't write it off with no plans of a localization just yet.

Most I'd say is start getting a little concerned if nothing is said by March or around that time, but until then I feel there's still some leeway.

nasos_333
22nd Jan 2013, 00:02
I would jump the gun if they had not moved to a sequel and release a similar named game in the west, like all the bravest

Now all i do is see the obvious, that (as they themselves comfirmed) there are no plans to release outside Japan

How many months and how many people would be needed to change their mind ?

Maybe wait a life time to see if a game will release ?

Is there even a reason to make petitions and polls ? If they need 100.000 signatures, then this will not happen in this life time, you cant simply get extra millions of buyers without any advertisement or something

Point is, all these seem pointless now, the people interested so far dont even reach 1000, which is a tiny ammount by any standard

So, how will they know the demand before advertising, reviews or demos ? I think they are just mocking us with this thread, if they were serious, they would have announced the game for US after all the posts here

Obviously they never plan to do anything like that

I dont see what will change by March TBH, even if we go to 1200 petition signatures by then, wont change much

member_10005833
22nd Jan 2013, 10:58

1. How long ago did they say that?

2. Are there any examples of a Square-Enix Japanese sequel being developed and its prequel never being localized in the past? Where is your evidence that this is indicative of no localization?

3. All The Bravest came out in Japan as well. How does this interfere with the localization based on name alone?

nasos_333
22nd Jan 2013, 11:39

1. How long ago did they say that?

2. Are there any examples of a Square-Enix Japanese sequel being developed and its prequel never being localized in the past? Where is your evidence that this is indicative of no localization?

3. All The Bravest came out in Japan as well. How does this interfere with the localization based on name alone?

1. Recently

2. I dont know any game localized that got a sequel before its localization

3. Japanese

member_10706996
22nd Jan 2013, 14:16
Rich from IGN's tweet has gathered about 700+ retweets so far! This guy is my hero lol.
twitter.com/RichIGN/status/2934459551796... (https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/293445955179655168 )

nasos_333
22nd Jan 2013, 14:20
Rich from IGN's tweet has gathered about 700+ retweets so far! This guy is my hero lol.
twitter.com/RichIGN/status/2934459551796... (https://twitter.com/RichIGN/status/293445955179655168)

That is nice, hopefully the press will unite in this one and maybe then we get some results

StarCrapTV
23rd Jan 2013, 13:12
i seriusly cant understand the thought behind saying thsi game isnt getting localized. when all the media and fans saw it they were sure it would come.. then we are told theree are no plans.. its just hard for me to wrap my brain around..

I WANT THIS GAME SOOOOO BAD

member_10064966
23rd Jan 2013, 18:51
Square's bi-monthly meeting in Japan for localizations overseas is set for mid-February. Odds are Bravely Default will be discussed there, according to someone who has revealed similar information in the past and was proven right. He initially mentioned All the Bravest has nothing to do with BDFF and was spot-on, so he's legit. You can find out who he is on the GameFAQs board for the game.

Given Iwata finished the Nintendo Direct for Wii U this morning saying a Nintendo Direct for 3DS will be "coming soon," it seems to overlap too well with Square's localization meetings that are held in Japan. Keep your pants on and wait for mid-February to see how things go.

In terms of the game itself: I've just beaten it and got the true ending a few days ago.

Very fantastic game, reminds me a lot of the SNES/PS1-era games. If I had to describe it, it makes me think of the love child of Final Fantasy IX (art direction), Steins;Gate (borrows a lot of story elements from it, but it has the same writer), and Final Fantasy V (very similar job system, but ultimately is better). FFIX is my favorite game of all time, so I'm cool with this.

Despite the cute art style of the game, like FFIX (and this is why I say it draws similarities), it can be surprisingly dark in some areas of its narrative. However, I suppose it did get a CERO rating of C in Japan for a reason -- I won't really detail unless if asked, but the game does know how to keep the player's attention.

Only flaw I saw with the game was that chapters 5 - 8 can be an extreme drag in repetition. The game at least rewards you for pushing on through those parts with some of the best equips in the game.

Also... Ending comments below, but marked as a spoiler.

The ending reminds me a lot of Persona 3 and Final Fantasy X in that Tiz expires at the end (I presume he was dead to begin with, being suspiciously the "sole" survivor of Nolende getting nuked, as he was only living on Airy's sister's life force -- He finally collapses at his sister's gravestone in the end) and Ringabell returns to his own world to stop Airy, accepting his true identity as Anazel D. I'll just assume he ended up happy with the Edea in that world because my fangirl tendencies would hate for my OTP to get botched.

Overall, probably my second favorite RPG after FFIX. It does rely on some ye olde cliches in the story, but it struck all the right fences for it to be considered a delight in my book -- Excellent music, amazing art direction, loveable characters, fun battle system, etc.

member_10706996
24th Jan 2013, 01:06
Square's bi-monthly meeting in Japan for localizations overseas is set for mid-February. Odds are Bravely Default will be discussed there, according to someone who has revealed similar information in the past and was proven right. He initially mentioned All the Bravest has nothing to do with BDFF and was spot-on, so he's legit. You can find out who he is on the GameFAQs board for the game.

Given Iwata finished the Nintendo Direct for Wii U this morning saying a Nintendo Direct for 3DS will be "coming soon," it seems to overlap too well with Square's localization meetings that are held in Japan. Keep your pants on and wait for mid-February to see how things go.

Hmm thanks for bringing that up Neophoton. I hope Bravely Default is among them. It would be the most convenient time for them to do so.

Emmy19-699054
24th Jan 2013, 07:09
Hahahaha I'm not going to ask for that particular spoiler but I heard that they might change one of the story elements slightly if they do get an International release.

I did hear that they cut out some scenes in the original version of FF XII and put them back in the English release. I think it was something to do with a horrible event going on in Japan at the time (which is weird because it's usually the other way round). I don't know.

nasos_333
24th Jan 2013, 07:25
Hahahaha I'm not going to ask for that particular spoiler but I heard that they might change one of the story elements slightly if they do get an International release.

I did hear that they cut out some scenes in the original version of FF XII and put them back in the English release. I think it was something to do with a horrible event going on in Japan at the time (which is weird because it's usually the other way round). I don't know.

Hopefully they dont remove any of the environments

Now i am starrting to fear changes in a game i will never get to play :)

member_10064966
24th Jan 2013, 12:15

It's likely the uh... bondage scene involving Penelo. *cough* It's restored in the International Zodiac system, I do believe.

In the last Famitsu interview with the staff on BDFF in regards to a localization, they did state they were reconsidering redrafting parts of the game to be better suited for localization, yet attempting to retain the original tone.

The part that comes to mind takes place in the town of Flowell. I'll just put the details under a spoiler tag, though it really isn't much of a spoiler. It's for the subquest for the Red Mage class, however:

Fiore de Rosa, leader of the Blood Rose Brigade and the holder of the Red Mage class, is a 37-year old man known for his love affairs in Flowell. In the scenario for the subquest, Ringabell becomes interested in his "technique" for wooing women and tails him one evening with Edea. Edea offers to go with Fiore for the night -- keep in mind she's 15 -- and gets seduced by him. All while wearing a skimpy outfit (it's called a "Bravo Bikini" -- you DO get it as exclusive armor for Edea in the game. Unsurprisingly, you can't sell it) and well... while nothing is said at all, one can get the horrifying implication of what went on. Granted, Fiore was exposed to using pheromones to seduce women. Ringabell does come to Edea's rescue so all ends well. This is just major NTR material once you understand the party's relationships with one another.

In short: unfortunate implications. The age of consent in Japan varies on prefectures, but the lowest is 15 overall, and given different audiences on what is acceptable (Japan vs the West) -- It wouldn't surprise me if that part is redone.

And most I can say is there's a good chance that some good news will pop up in the next 2 - 3 weeks. I've been posting photos to Tumblr and Twitter to help advertise the game. Same username all around if you happen to spot those photos -- I implore sharing them with friends. Square can call it free advertising on my part because I want the game to do well.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that they're considering bringing Praying Brage before Flying Fairy to drum up interest. I'd make it imperative that BDPB is not what is desired, but BDFF. Sorry, but it's just some shoddy browser game people likely played just to get Edea's bonus costume.

Emmy19-699054
24th Jan 2013, 13:02

It's likely the uh... bondage scene involving Penelo. *cough* It's restored in the International Zodiac system, I do believe.

In the last Famitsu interview with the staff on BDFF in regards to a localization, they did state they were reconsidering redrafting parts of the game to be better suited for localization, yet attempting to retain the original tone.

The part that comes to mind takes place in the town of Flowell. I'll just put the details under a spoiler tag, though it really isn't much of a spoiler. It's for the subquest for the Red Mage class, however:

Fiore de Rosa, leader of the Blood Rose Brigade and the holder of the Red Mage class, is a 37-year old man known for his love affairs in Flowell. In the scenario for the subquest, Ringabell becomes interested in his "technique" for wooing women and tails him one evening with Edea. Edea offers to go with Fiore for the night -- keep in mind she's 15 -- and gets seduced by him. All while wearing a skimpy outfit (it's called a "Bravo Bikini" -- you DO get it as exclusive armor for Edea in the game. Unsurprisingly, you can't sell it) and well... while nothing is said at all, one can get the horrifying implication of what went on. Granted, Fiore was exposed to using pheromones to seduce women. Ringabell does come to Edea's rescue so all ends well. This is just major NTR material once you understand the party's relationships with one another.

In short: unfortunate implications. The age of consent in Japan varies on prefectures, but the lowest is 15 overall, and given different audiences on what is acceptable (Japan vs the West) -- It wouldn't surprise me if that part is redone.

And most I can say is there's a good chance that some good news will pop up in the next 2 - 3 weeks. I've been posting photos to Tumblr and Twitter to help advertise the game. Same username all around if you happen to spot those photos -- I implore sharing them with friends. Square can call it free advertising on my part because I want the game to do well.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that they're considering bringing Praying Brage before Flying Fairy to drum up interest. I'd make it imperative that BDPB is not what is desired, but BDFF. Sorry, but it's just some shoddy browser game people likely played just to get Edea's bonus costume.

Saw your post on my Blackberry and it didn't hide the spoilers. Rats. :( Never mind. Hopefully, I'll avoid the rest!

Warning for spoilers and Trigger Warnings for horrible implications

ALSO TRIGGER WARNING FOR MENTION OF RAPE.

Ah.....I would understand if that got edited. Since it's got two horrible implications. Not only the age thing - forgive me if I've misinterpreted what you've said but what you said about this Fiore implies that Edea wouldn't have consented under normal circumstances and, well....I get why that would make people uncomfortable. It's making ME uncomfortable.

I'd still get the game, regardless, and probably enjoy it, regardless (there is no game/movie/whatever that is perfect). I just wouldn't like having to do THAT scene if it's unedited.

Edit: Also, I'm curious where you got the information about Praying Barge from. Not saying that you're lying, I'm just interested. XD

member_10064966
24th Jan 2013, 13:30
Saw your post on my Blackberry and it didn't hide the spoilers. Rats. :( Never mind. Hopefully, I'll avoid the rest!

Ah.....I would understand if that got edited. Since it's got two horrible implications. Not only the age thing - forgive me if I've misinterpreted what you've said but what you said about this Fiore implies that Edea wouldn't have consented under normal circumstances and, well....I get why that would make people uncomfortable. It's making ME uncomfortable.

I'd still get the game, regardless, and probably enjoy it, regardless (there is no game/movie/whatever that is perfect). I just wouldn't like having to do THAT scene if it's unedited.

Edit: Also, I'm curious where you got the information about Praying Barge from. Not saying that you're lying, I'm just interested. XD

Keeping it in spoilers as well. Shame Square can't update coding for their forums on mobile. I legitimately had zero intentions of spoiling people whatsoever on the game.

It's implications of both rape and pedophilia. Fiore is an antagonist, so that would easily make him the party's enemy. So yes, you're right: under normal circumstances, she wouldn't have consented IF -- IF -- that's what went on. This is a cultural conflict because of how people view the matter in Japan and overseas. Not to say it's accepted in Japan, just it's a bit more... lax, to put it lightly, compared to North America.

It's not outright said, just one could get that idea that's what happened. I personally like to think otherwise, but sadly there's going to be implications regardless. Once again, it's hard for me to phrase it without coming off as insulting to another country when I have no intention of it.

In that scenario, it does make me associate Ringabell with Zidane in that he's a chivalrous pervert (...I keep comparing to FFIX, sue me, but I adore the two a lot so think of it as a good thing), but still a good guy all around. Agnes has problems with him tagging along the party (which comprised of just her and Tiz at the time) at the start of the game because she knew he was a playboy.

Kept that last line non-spoiler'd beceause it happens within like the first hour of the game. Or at least, I won't tag what I can say is definitely not a spoiler.

Edit:

Famitsu interview from around late October/early November. It's the same interview that mentioned they'd consider changing some stuff for localization. I see it as a warning more than anything else for you guys because BDPB is... not a good game. Everyone really just played it for the bonus costume for Edea, 'cause activity dropped quite a bit after the costume was distributed.

That, and you know how Square can be. *cough* Sometimes they're convinced they have a good idea when they wound up being completely off-track. It's why I say demand BDFF to be exact, even if they likely know that's what we want. Never hurts to be precise, though.

Emmy19-699054
24th Jan 2013, 13:42

Keeping it in spoilers as well. Shame Square can't update coding for their forums on mobile. I legitimately had zero intentions of spoiling people whatsoever on the game.

It's implications of both rape and pedophilia. Fiore is an antagonist, so that would easily make him the party's enemy. So yes, you're right: under normal circumstances, she wouldn't have consented IF -- IF -- that's what went on.

It's not outright said, just one could get that idea that's what happened. I personally like to think otherwise, but sadly there's going to be implications regardless.

In that scenario, it does make me associate Ringabell with Zidane in that he's a chivalrous pervert (...I keep comparing to FFIX, sue me, but I adore the two a lot so think of it as a good thing), but still a good guy all around. Agnes has problems with him tagging along the party (which comprised of just her and Tiz at the time) at the start of the game because she knew he was a playboy.

Kept that last line non-spoiler'd beceause it happens within like the first hour of the game. Or at least, I won't tag what I can say is definitely not a spoiler.

No worries. It's not your fault I saw them. I'm not blaming you at all. XD

Also keeping in spoilers.

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR MENTIONED RAPE AND PAEDOPHILIA STILL

Yeah. If this game does come out of here in Europe and in the US, I'll still buy it. Although I would warn people who might be interested that there is a mention of implied rape and paedophilia. Simply because I can't pretend that there won't be people on the Internet or real life who have gone through such awful and traumatic experiences in real life and might (very understandably) not want to buy the game or do that particular sidequest because of it (I'm sure some of them will by the game regardless because people handle trauma differently. But respecting their comfort zones are more important than getting them to buy the game).

Hahaha okay. Also, I adored Zidane. I have a soft spot for optimistic and goofy characters. If Ringabell is anything like him, I might warn up to him quite quickly.

Edit: Ah, rats. :( If it didn't sell well in Japan, I hope it makes them reconsider. If they release the browser title first, it might put people off from wanting the 3DS game.

member_10064966
24th Jan 2013, 14:00
No worries. It's not your fault I saw them. I'm not blaming you at all. XD

Also keeping in spoilers.

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR MENTIONED RAPE AND PAEDOPHILIA STILL

Yeah. If this game does come out of here in Europe and in the US, I'll still buy it. Although I would warn people who might be interested that there is a mention of implied rape and paedophilia. Simply because I can't pretend that there won't be people on the Internet or real life who have gone through such awful and traumatic experiences in real life and might (very understandably) not want to buy the game or do that particular sidequest because of it (I'm sure some of them will by the game regardless because people handle trauma differently. But respecting their comfort zones are more important than getting them to buy the game).

Hahaha okay. Also, I adored Zidane. I have a soft spot for optimistic and goofy characters. If Ringabell is anything like him, I might warn up to him quite quickly.

Edit: Ah, rats. :( If it didn't sell well in Japan, I hope it makes them reconsider. If they release the browser title first, it might put people off from wanting the 3DS game.

I've friends who are envious I've already completed the game as they've no means of playing it, so I've wound up being very fickle on spoilers lately, haha. ;w; That and I can understand the amount of hype people have for this game -- It's worthy of it, I can assure everyone.

That reason is why I really loathe Fiore. I'd just see beating the crap out of him for the Red Mage class as making it up for what goes on. It would be even worse if such implications had him get off with a slap on the wrist.

...And that's why everyone should hate Karmic Houdinis. Breath of Fire 4's Yuna comes to mind with deeds unpunished.

You'd probably love Ringabell, despite him being a skirt chaser. He gets most of the funny lines in the game and is typically the one willing to partake in silly parts of the game -- Likely to be a foil to that of Tiz who's a bit more straight-laced. I guess that's why the Japanese fans take more of a liking to Ringabell than the rest of the cast.

BDPB was F2P, but just hope Square Enix thinks it's a dumb idea to bring a game nobody would really care for. I'd just suggest to them to make the costumes a preorder bonus based on certain retailers, as much as I'd hate the idea. Except the Freelancer costume set, could see that just being a "register the game for points" sort of bonus. Too bad I'd have hella hard time deciding between Edea and Ringabell's costumes for being retailer-exclusive.

I just think of them doing the preorder bonus instead of wasting resources on a game nobody is going to care for as better odds for BDFF not to be considered a lost by any means. Lesser of two evils, so to speak -- I don't enjoy DLC by any means, but I also try to think of what can be beneficial overall. I'd also certainly love that artbook in a special edition, too! ;D

I missed out on the collector's pack in Japan, when all I'd really want is the artbook. Shame people on eBay are overpricing the hell out of the collector's pack. Wonder if they'd be willing to part ways with the artbook for a lower price?

(Your username -- By any chance, are you female? I'd just like to point out BDFF's target audience is ~20 year old females, though I know plenty of guys who enjoyed it, too. Just rare I get a good discussion with another FF fan that isn't crying the series is dying or some nonsense.)

nasos_333
24th Jan 2013, 14:02

I never understood all the sensitivity over video games, when on TV we see 10.000.000 times worst stuff

Anyway, i can understand those with traumatic experiences for sure, but then all movies/games should be removed from the market, because i can surly find a million things in there people could have been traumatized by

In any case, just cut what is to cut and bring the game, seeing all that talk about why it will never come is a bit frustrating, i dont care what the game has, nor do i want to know if it is a reason why it would not come

It frustrates me to even read a hint about reasons why the game should not come to US, hope i did not sound very rude :)

Lets talk about why it should come

Also i doubt the browser terrible spin off would put anyone off

Emmy19-699054
24th Jan 2013, 14:25
Yuna from BOF IV * shudder *

And yeah, I don't mind some skirtchasers. As long as there is something else about them. (I really liked Zelos from Tales of Symphonia, even though his perverted behaviour is worse than Zidane's - although thankfully he gets smacked by Sheena for it. XD But Zelos was a pretty interesting character once you found out about his background)

I wouldn't mind the stuff being retail-exclusive if they plan to release the bonus stuff later. I remember that Cloud's DLC costume was a preorder bonus for the Americans. We Europeans got it Tifa's and Squall's costumes for pre-order instead and got Cloud's costume on the PSN a few months later or so.

Yeah, I am a girl. XD Bravely Default's target audience is mostly adult women? Wow. :) That sounds pretty awesome! And I hope that fact doesn't put off too many guys playing the game either. Plenty of men who have been open-minded enough have enjoyed awesome shows like Sailor Moon and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. And My Little Pony (although some of the Bronies do grate on my nerves).

The FF series is dying? People have been arguing that for years even before FF XIII. XD No matter game SE releases or no matter what they do, it's going to split the fanbase (you like FFs I-VI better, you're a retro nerd, if you prefer FF VII, you're a delusional Sephiroth fanboy/girl, if you like FF VIII better, you only like it for the graphics, if you like FF IX better, you only like kiddie games, if you like FF X-2, you're only in it for the fanservice, etc, etc) . And while SE have made terrible localization/gaming decisions (IMO), I do like some of the games they have released recently (I liked FF XIII and XIII-2, despite their flaws, although I didn't much like XII. And I loved KH 3D despite the bizarre plot. Also, I adore the Dissidia series and Theatrhythm). I guess some of it is personal preferences. RPGs are never going to be a one-size-fits-all.

I never understood all the sensitivity over video games, when on TV we see 10.000.000 times worst stuff

Anyway, i can understand those with traumatic experiences for sure, but then all movies/games should be removed from the market, because i can surly find a million things in there people could have been traumatized by

In any case, just cut what is to cut and bring the game, seeing all that talk about why it will never come is a bit frustrating, i dont care what the game has, nor do i want to know if it is a reason why it would not come

It frustrates me to even read a hint about reasons why the game should not come to US, hope i did not sound very rude :)

Lets talk about why it should come

I'm not arguing that it should be removed from the market or that it shouldn't come over here. I think that it would be considerate of the localizers to put at least a small warning, though. If anything, banning would be counter-productive and probably make the game more desirable (Manhunt got removed from shelves in the UK but the sales of the game soared as a result). I am all for putting a warning on it, though so that people could avoid it if they want it to. Then everyone wins.

That, and horrible implications can also be used as a springboard for parents to teach their children not to behave like that. Twilight is an awful book with horrible implications but it could be used by parents to teach their children how not to treat their partners when they date/get married. As much distaste as I have for the series, I wouldn't want it to get banned.

member_10064966
24th Jan 2013, 15:59
Female as well, even if my username is extremely gender-neutral (and I've been told I come off as male due to seemingly being formal in my posts). I'd just assume some of my mannerisms made it evident. Such as being a sucker for shipping Ringabell/Edea. I was just able to tell by your mannerisms, but I feel that's a good thing!

Ringabell has more depth to him beyond being moderately silly and a general playboy, but sadly I cannot details or I'd take the fun out of it. He personally stole the show in my book -- And for a lot of Japanese fans, too.

It definitely has enough material to be liked by both male and female -- In fact, I'd say it has a broad range in appeal. Only people I could think who would dislike it are non-RPG fans or people not fond of older RPGs. Most of the fandom thus far is definitely female, though.

I've enjoyed the series overall, but it's hard for me to hate a series I've been a fan of for so long and grew up with, though XIII's not one of my favorites, I still enjoyed it to some extent! I just ignore the sequels since I figure they're for the people who enjoy it and they're simply not my cup of tea. Either way, it is good to find someone who can fancy the series to a great extent. I view the series as each installment holding appeal to at least one person, even if it's someone different from the last. Definitely agreed on how split the fanbase can be, though.

I feel like I'm going off-topic, but I rarely ever find a level-headed FF fan these days considering most of my friends aren't much into Square Enix anymore.

I won't say I support any form of censorship, because it's an entire subquest that is questionable so it's not like it can really be removed when it grants you a new class to use. Most I'd say is revise the scenario to avoid any flack.

Doesn't help when video games are currently getting a lot of heat from the media here in the US at the moment (because how dare anyone blame people, it can only be gaming/movies/music's fault~), so honestly... can't really blame publishers from being afraid at the moment.

Guess I'll reiterate the post about jumping to the BDFF board on GameFAQs for those who'd like to hear more proper information. The guy posting the info is legit, he was right about AtB awhile ago. We're more for discussing the game over there, but doesn't mean this thread shouldn't be active -- If anything, I'd love to get Square's attention since I've been freely advertising the game for them on other sites for awhile now. :P

Emmy19-699054
25th Jan 2013, 06:56
Well, it looks like Square Enix are localising KH 1.5 Remix (if the Jesse McCartney voicing clip is what I think it is: khinsider.com/news/Recording-Begins-for-... (http://khinsider.com/news/Recording-Begins-for-KINGDOM-HEARTS-HD-1-5-ReMIX-3181)). A first opportunity for the West to get KH Final Mix and for us Brits to get KH RE:Com! Since FM has never been released outside Asia until now, it may or may not up SE's chance of localising BD. Who knows?

Ahahahaha I've been confused as a guy, despite my username. I try not to assume anyone's gender unless they state it, though.

Ringabell sounds fun but I won't ask! Just hope the game comes out then I can RP him and the other characters on DW.

Yeah, I think revising the scenario might be a good idea. Besides, it doesn't look like it'll be a big change to the main story.

Ahahaha we're still talking about BD, aren't we? I don't think we're going that off-topic.

Fffff I'm trying to advertise the game on places like Plurk. It makes me wonder if I should do a funny photoshop advert. Like those funny storyboards of Sailor Moon and Full Metal Alchemist they do on tumblr.

member_10064966
25th Jan 2013, 14:56
I still remember all the teams that were working on translations for the FM releases, was part of one of them myself until C&D's came in, haha.

I really should just move to DW, LJ's dead as ever. How's the activity over there?

I finished my last photoset on Tumblr for the game as I didn't bother taking photos of the spoiler-related stuff towards the end of the game. Been meaning to dig up the links for those to share them on here. Whatever did constitute as spoilers on there, I used strikethrough or made them easy to read around.

I'll edit this post in a few with links for my photosets people can pass around later on.

Edit:

Well, I did say I'd deliver.

First set of photos, mostly to show off the backgrounds and attention to detail in the game (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39017232270/first-set-of-photos-for-bravely-default-these)

Showing off some shop menus and all that as well as some more backgrounds (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39044035154/second-set-of-photos-for-bravely-default-flying)

Demonstrate and detail some of the battle system's elements (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39069804400/third-set-for-bdff-attempting-to-catch-my-photo)

Showing off the Wind Shrine's boss, Ultros, the first obligatory guardian boss of the game (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39092497341/this-post-should-contain-more-photos-than-what-im)

Flowell segment, for which some were informed of what goes on in the game and where my posts get more detailed (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39155466711/the-city-of-flowell-a-town-known-for-its) - Ironically, this is probably the most light-hearted part of the game despite what goes on for the Red Mage subquest

Granship post, and some class details (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39180010748/lost-track-of-what-set-this-is-im-really-just)

Eizenberg post details, as well as discussion of the party chat function (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39256535289/photos-for-eizenberg-a-war-torn-land-its-also) - Think of it like the Tales' series skits, only they're not obnoxious

Details for the Black-Iron Blade group, including the Superstar, Chemist, and Swordsmaster classes (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39221428801/almost-have-tumblr-caught-up-to-where-i-am-on-my) - Funny thing is I initially labeled the Superclass as average -- Nowadays, I'd say it's one of the best classes in the game

Obligatory airship segment (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39348625318/second-half-to-the-other-post-i-should-mention)

Pirate class! Also includes detail photos for Granship's interior (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39348000242/yar-har-fiddle-d-no-im-aware-that-joke-is-old) - Also you get a look at Brave Lee, Edea's papa and holder of the Paladin class, and Anazel D the Dark Knight

There's two more posts after this, but I realized I never posted a small chunk in between to Tumblr. I'll remedy that down the line, but enjoy these for now.

Emmy19-699054
25th Jan 2013, 16:09
Oh my......I am so going to show these on Plurk! They are gorgeous!

(DW? Well, it's like old LJ. The admins on there are nicer and more willing to listen than LJ. I still occasionally go on LJ but I'm more reluctant to get paid accounts on there. It's really good for RP if you like that although I should post on my personal journal more often. XD)

Oooooh skits! (That said, skits were one of my favourite things in the Tales series. It's nice they seem to do something similar here)

nasos_333
25th Jan 2013, 20:07
Amazing posts :)

24.media.tumblr.com/8ca1adcdcc20b01f725c... (http://24.media.tumblr.com/8ca1adcdcc20b01f725ca14e4c5260f2/tumblr_mfruo2HOp01r0yf4ko7_1280.jpg)

But i see some grave news

"Also, in regards to localizing, I’ve this info from GameFAQs:

Square-Enix usually holds a meeting on a bimonthly basis regarding releasing products “overseas.” (EU/US) The last meeting was held mid December and Bravely Default wasn’t one of them.

I myself sometime feel bad for them as most of the people with executive powers over the localisation’s decisions have no clue/ disregard what the demand is. It may sound counter-intuitive in such a competitive market and challenging economy, however, keep in mind that here in Japan, it’s a safer bet to launch yet another card/social game (like the upcoming Final Fantasy Art collection card “game.”)

Zero risk/ Ok return. That’s their motto as it is now."

So, chances are near zero right now, they dont even consider it at all as it seems :(, it is a disaster

They probably dont even know about US/Europe exists or want this game at all

It is crazy

Grave news

Emmy19-699054
26th Jan 2013, 03:57
Thanks Nasos, but I'm pretty sure I pointed out that news in that GameFAQs thread a few weeks ago. We know this already.

Edit: The game ships 300,000 copies in Japan: http://gematsu.com/2013/01/bravely-default-ships-300000-new-developments-teased

member_10064966
26th Jan 2013, 08:14
"Also, in regards to localizing, I’ve this info from GameFAQs:

Square-Enix usually holds a meeting on a bimonthly basis regarding releasing products “overseas.” (EU/US) The last meeting was held mid December and Bravely Default wasn’t one of them.

I myself sometime feel bad for them as most of the people with executive powers over the localisation’s decisions have no clue/ disregard what the demand is. It may sound counter-intuitive in such a competitive market and challenging economy, however, keep in mind that here in Japan, it’s a safer bet to launch yet another card/social game (like the upcoming Final Fantasy Art collection card “game.”)

Zero risk/ Ok return. That’s their motto as it is now."

So, chances are near zero right now, they dont even consider it at all as it seems :(, it is a disaster

They probably dont even know about US/Europe exists or want this game at all

It is crazy

Grave news

Actually, that post was from quite some time ago. Here's a more recent post on it in the IGN thread:

As i told you guys before, the next meeting concerning hypothetical localisations will be mid-February.

Even if they wanted to announce something they couldn't. That's how a japanese company works. It's how stupid it has become, will let you guys know if it shows up during the meeting or not...

Don't forget Iwata mentioned the next Nintendo Direct concerning 3DS will be coming up pretty soon -- Likely February. Almost too convenient, if you ask me.

Odds are that post got overlooked because it got derailed into the usual Square Enix arguments.

Here's the other half of the Tumblr posts:

Details for Eternia, Edea's home country (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41468993448/did-i-say-the-previous-post-was-the-last-i)

Second half for Eternia and some Council of Six stuff (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41520158770/truly-the-final-photoset-ive-spent-the-past-ten)

Some details for Anazel D, the Dark Knight (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/39928620487/moderate-spoilers-for-bravely-default-flying) - Slight spoilers here, but strikethrough is applied where needed. Also reveals either the original owner of the Diary of D or Ringbell is quite the artist

Final post that leads to the final (true) ending chapter (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41422729341/mass-spoilers-ahead-the-spoiler-related) - Mass spoilers as I also detail my thoughts on the true ending here, but also strikethrough is applied where relevant

Enjoy, continue to spread them around, etc. I've done my part for advertising the game and can't do much more aside from encouraging people to spread these photosets around and getting others interested in the game, considering I've beaten the game just almost a week ago.

I should add I finished the game on level 99, but I had to go out and grind some jobs at last minute because very few setups work towards the end of the game. Minus the grinding, I would've probably finished around level 92 as I really axed off every boss possible in the game instead of actually grinding.

My final party set up:

Ringabell - Dark Knight/Knight

Edea - Black Mage/Time Mage

Agnes - Summoner/White Mage

Tiz - Hunter/Superstar

Knight and Time Mage abilities were actually next to useless in the final chapter of the game, so in the event the game gets localized, I'd probably try a different setup. Superstar class makes Time Mage obsolete once you realize buffs stack (I spent most of the game assuming they don't, but that's what happens when you spend a month playing Persona 4 Golden), and is just an amazing class overall.

Emmy19-699054
26th Jan 2013, 08:27
Lovely! Thank you so much for that!

I think I might make a compliation post on some of my blogs to show off the game. With links and reviews and such.

nasos_333
26th Jan 2013, 12:18
A new city, amazing !!!!!

Thanks so much

Makes the waiting even harder and if the game never comes an even stronger blow

Grimoire
26th Jan 2013, 14:47
Bravely Default's Producer on the Future

www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-defaul... (http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-defaults-producer-future/)

StarCrapTV
27th Jan 2013, 13:44
I really hope that at their next meeting that someone has read this forum and the most anticipated thread and ACTUALLY TELLS THEM that there is a HUGE DEMAND for this game.. because if all of this posting goes to waste then they are a foolish company

nasos_333
27th Jan 2013, 20:15
I did my forum update run today, keeping Bravely Default threads alive with links to the petition etc and news about the status of the game

I was wondering if some people would be interested in joining the forum campaign too, maybe help keep some of these threads alive

Then i could start some new threads about Bravely Default world/art/gameplay, adding stuff gradually, but these would require keeping alive by many since they usually go far back in a short ammount of time

So, what do you think ? I could post all the links to the forum threads i try to keep alive for starters, if someone is interested

EDIT: Here are the links

Are Bravely Default (3DS) towns affected by time of day lighting ?
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508862)

Bravely Default news, videos and screenshots
forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=6705... (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=670551)

3DS: Japanese games you're waiting to be announced for the US/EU?
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46375700&posted=1#post46375700)

Square-Enix ask you what do you want in 2013
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506759&page=12)
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29611637/LOOK_FORWARD_TO_IT!_Most_Anticipated_Moment_of_2013?)

sdb=1&pg=last#527756315

We in North America want Bravely Default: Flying Fairy!
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231/29444301/We_in_North_America_want_Bravely_Default:_Flying_Fairy!?pg=19)

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - "swag mode victory theme"
forums.khinsider.com/final-fantasy-serie... (http://forums.khinsider.com/final-fantasy-series/163734-bravely-default-flying-fairy-swag-mode-victory-theme-16.html)

Bravely Default 2 seems to be in the works
forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1104852&m... (http://forums.n4g.com/tm.aspx?high=&m=1104852&mpage=1#1104852)

Bravely Default 2 being developed?
www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29331390/b... (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29331390/bravely-default-2-being-developed?page=2)

Kotaku wants Bravely Default (RPG- 3DS) US/Europe side
www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29331369/k... (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29331369/kotaku-wants-bravely-default-rpg--3ds-useurope-side?page=3)

Bravely Default (RPG), who else wants one of the most amazing games in US 3DS ?
www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29331127/b... (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29331127/bravely-default-rpg-who-else-wants-one-of-the-most-amazing-games-in-us-3ds-?page=1)

Braverly Default shipped 400,000 copies; producer teases future developments
www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29345246/b... (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29345246/braverly-default-shipped-400000-copies-producer-teases-future-developments)

OFFICIAL Bravely Default 1.1 THREAD
forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=... (http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1248306&start=140)

Best artistic games for DS-3DS ?
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=45499673#post45499673)

Bravely Default 2 seems to be in the works (?)
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504604&page=2)

Kotaku wants Bravely Default (3DS Square RPG) in US/Europe
www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?... (http://www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101812)

Help bring Bravely Default (RPG - 3DS- Square) to US/Europe
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everyth... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else/64950784?page=6)

Help bring Bravely Default (RPG - 3DS- Square) to US/Europe
www.gamersyde.com/forum_8_42321_1_119345... (http://www.gamersyde.com/forum_8_42321_1_1193454_en.html#1193454)

Help bring Bravely Default in US/Europe (RPG - 3DS - Square)
www.ign.com/boards/threads/help-bring-br... (http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/help-bring-bravely-default-in-us-europe-rpg-3ds-square.452801268/)

Square Enix are asking fans what is their most anticipated moment of 2013
community.videogamer.com/forums/general_... (http://community.videogamer.com/forums/general_gaming/square_enix_are_asking_fans_what_is_their_most_anticipated_moment_of_2013/)

Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy
www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/bravely_... (http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/bravely_default_the_flying_fairy?start=120)

Bravely Default Flying Fairy Debut Trailer
forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtop... (http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130064&p=2246340#p2246340)

member_10064966
28th Jan 2013, 14:23
Seems like I'm not the only person who commented on the pedophilia going on in some parts of the game, going by that NeoGAF thread. I personally enjoyed BDFF, but I admit it is a bit guilty of otaku pandering -- just not to same extent as say, the Tales games which are far worse about it -- but the entire Flowell segment is a little silly in general. At this point, I've come to realize just about everything has fanservice in it and really just give brownie points for media that avoids it when possible; otherwise, I just simply attempt to shrug it off. Depends on how much of it gets in my face before I get irked.

Personally, I didn't mind the silly parts of the game nor some of the fanservicey moments that much considering older FFs were about as guilty of it as BDFF is (FFVII's Honey Bee Inn comes to mind -- and just some of the character designs in general for females). It is true that Agnes and Edea, both of which are 17 and 15 respectively, are the butt of sexual jokes. It's why I figure the game might have some difficulty getting over, but honestly... I say wait it out until mid-February and see how it goes.

Also not too surprised people are on the same boat as me in regards to Ringabell and Edea being the ones who stole the show in terms of the main cast -- Tiz and Agnes were far less developed compared to those two (in my opinion, Tiz was ultimately static), and the fondness for our brat and amnesiac playboy reflects even in the Japanese fans.

nasos_333
28th Jan 2013, 15:37
Seems like I'm not the only person who commented on the pedophilia going on in some parts of the game, going by that NeoGAF thread. I personally enjoyed BDFF, but I admit it is a bit guilty of otaku pandering -- just not to same extent as say, the Tales games which are far worse about it -- but the entire Flowell segment is a little silly in general. At this point, I've come to realize just about everything as fanservice in it and really just give brownie points for media that avoids it when possible; otherwise, I just simply attempt to shrug it off. Depends on how much of it gets in my face before I get irked.

Personally, I didn't mind the silly parts of the game nor some of the fanservicey moments that much considering older FFs were about as guilty of it as BDFF is (FFVII's Hony Bee Inn comes to mind -- and just some of the character designs in general for females). It is true that Agnes and Edea, both of which are 17 and 15 respectively, are the butt of sexual jokes. It's why I figure the game might have some difficulty getting over, but honestly... I say wait it out until mid-February and see how it goes.

Also not too surprised people are on the same boat as me in regards to Ringabell and Edea being the ones who stole the show in terms of the main cast -- Tiz and Agnes were far less developed compared to those two (in my opinion, Tiz was ultimately static), and the fondness for our brat and amnesiac playboy reflects even in the Japanese fans.

Well, if the game does not come out for that reason, i will laugh at that for the rest of my life

I cant do anything else at such sillyness

Why not just change their ages to 18+ and get the silly part of implied pedophilia over with

If needed remove all under 18 yo things in the game, just to be sure noone will think they are somehow involved in such actions LOL

member_10706996
28th Jan 2013, 17:17
I think it's not much of a problem if they've rated the game Teen. However if it's Everyone, I guess they may change a few things.

member_10064966
28th Jan 2013, 17:26
There's no way BDFF will get an E rating, just saying right now. A lot of people need to understand nowadays that retailers are starting to be dogged to reinforce age restriction on products -- Hell, an ID check is often required once a product with a certain rating is scanned at checkout.

Square Enix would want a T rating because that's where the least amount of hassle is involved and that's the age group of their core audience lies at. In which -- to me -- BDFF would fall pretty well within the T-rating since most of its content settles in there. I could only think of a few scenarios that would be pushing it.

Emmy19-699054
28th Jan 2013, 17:33
Final Fantasies XII and XIII were rated 16+ over here in the UK. What's the age range of a 'T' in the US?

member_10064966
28th Jan 2013, 18:18
13+ for T in the US.

In Japan, CERO C, which is about roughly the T rating equivalent for NA/EU/AU, is 15+.

nasos_333
28th Jan 2013, 19:38
BTW, has anyone got the Japanese guide ? Seems amazing, it has some amazing art

If someone has it, what would you rate it (considering someone cant actually read it), from an artistic collectors point of view

www.wretch.cc/blog/cloud180/26897832 (http://www.wretch.cc/blog/cloud180/26897832)

Note that the guide pics link above is supposdly containing spoilers, so click with caution

I can import it from play-asia for 33$ + shipping (50$+) and would like to know if it is worth it (which means if they have many pages with such amazing art as in these pics)

Also

My first Official Bravely Default thread

Bravely Default (3DS) Official thread (petition reached 1000 signatures edition)

www.neogaf.com/forum/ (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483)<wbr>showthread.php?t=510483</wbr>

member_10064966
28th Jan 2013, 22:55
7th image from the bottom contains mass spoilers, heheh. Then again, the game's subtitle itself is a spoiler once you realize where the spoiler in it lies.

That's a lot of art, most of which I'd certainly love to have it for. However, I would imagine the artbook that came in the collector's pack contains more which is why my eyes are geared for that over anything else. Sadly, I've yet to find someone willing to part ways with their artbook.

nasos_333
28th Jan 2013, 23:07
7th image from the bottom contains mass spoilers, heheh. Then again, the game's subtitle itself is a spoiler once you realize where the spoiler in it lies.

That's a lot of art, most of which I'd certainly love to have it for. However, I would imagine the artbook that came in the collector's pack contains more which is why my eyes are geared for that over anything else. Sadly, I've yet to find someone willing to part ways with their artbook.

Well, i consider the guide because the LE is both hard to find and very expensive

The guide seems to have very cool art in these pages i saw, i just want to know how extensive this is in the rest of the guide, or if these are the only art pages

Smoker
29th Jan 2013, 00:44
I agree...announce this game for North America and Europe. Stop making us sad.

Emmy19-699054
29th Jan 2013, 02:58
Well, the petition has 1371 signatures now, guys. We still need more but considering that 900 signatures yesterday, this is a pretty good sign! It looks like our advertising might be working.

nasos_333
29th Jan 2013, 03:08
Well, the petition has 1371 signatures now, guys. We still need more but considering that 900 signatures yesterday, this is a pretty good sign! It looks like our advertising might be working.

Got almost 400 more after the thread i made in NeoGAF

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483)

Maybe i should make a similar thread in every forum, it was really amazing how many jumped in, in such a short ammount of time

Grimoire
29th Jan 2013, 03:32
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy To Hit 300,000 In Sales Soon

www.siliconera.com/2013/01/28/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/28/bravely-default-fairy-to-hit-300000-in-sales-soon/)

member_10385825
29th Jan 2013, 05:47
I watched a video of the first 70 minutes of the game on Youtube, and instead of feeling excitement and hype, it just made me incredibly sad and frustrated. Everything about that game looks amazing, the UI, backgrounds, battle system, VA, music, models, EVERYTHING looked amazing.

I shouldn't be feeling sadness from an amazing new Square-Enix game, I should be excited! This should be at the forefront of Square-Enix's attention, not some half baked 10 FPS Toriyama waifu disaster.

If this game is never localized, I will have hard proof that God does not exist. When someone asks on what basis God does not exist, I will point to this thread, and they will be hard pressed to counter my argument with such irrefutable evidence.

Grimoire
29th Jan 2013, 07:22
Maybe you should read this, too: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29150371/FF_Type_0_Localization_Support_Topic?post_id=528580451#528580451)

member_10064966
29th Jan 2013, 07:53
neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41782722983/br... (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41782722983/bravely-default-flying-fairy-screenshot-playthrough)

Compiled my screenshot posts into one link, easier for people to pass around. Though I see there's more official photos of the game what I would have expected!

I'll post a bit on NeoGAF myself, but it does seem nagging Square can have some benefits. However, once again, I'd only start flipping tables once it gets to that localization meeting in mid-February and nothing is said.

nasos_333
29th Jan 2013, 09:43
neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41782722983/br... (http://neophoton.tumblr.com/post/41782722983/bravely-default-flying-fairy-screenshot-playthrough)

Compiled my screenshot posts into one link, easier for people to pass around. Though I see there's more official photos of the game what I would have expected!

I'll post a bit on NeoGAF myself, but it does seem nagging Square can have some benefits. However, once again, I'd only start flipping tables once it gets to that localization in mid-February and nothing is said.

Better start early if we are going to need 100.000 signatures just in case Square decides to never localize this game

And so far this is what we know, that they dont have any plans to localize it, as they clearly said, in fact they have moved to a sequel for Japan only again and use "All the Bravest" name for a crappy FF title

Both reduce the chances for localization to near zero already, it simply never occured to them that even one person would want the game outside Japan

For some reason

member_10706996
29th Jan 2013, 23:13
www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510483)

Maybe i should make a similar thread in every forum, it was really amazing how many jumped in, in such a short ammount of time
Wow thank you so much Nasos! I'll try help spreading the word too.

nasos_333
30th Jan 2013, 00:07

Wow thank you so much Nasos! I'll try help spreading the word too.

Frankly i never expected such a reaction :), seems a good thread with info will do much more than just a thread asking to sign the petition

I will enchance it and post that to other sites as well

My guess is that most people just dont know about the game at all, or not know how amazing it looks and plays

And the title does not help much either TBH

Some people did not even believe that the artwork we see is essentially exactly the thing you play with in the game !!!

member_10706996
30th Jan 2013, 00:30
Frankly i never expected such a reaction :), seems a good thread with info will do much more than just a thread asking to sign the petition
I will enchance it and post that to other sites as well
My guess is that most people just dont know about the game at all, or not know how amazing it looks and plays
And the title does not help much either TBH
Some people did not even believe that the artwork we see is essentially exactly the thing you play with in the game !!!
Yeah, I suspect that not a lot of people are aware of Bravely Default or that it's a spiritual successor of Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.

Also, a site friend I know helped post the petition on his site, finalfantasy.net too.
www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-defaul... (http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-defaults-producer-future/#comments)

jkd2391
30th Jan 2013, 04:22
Just posting to support this thread.

I want this game localized so bad. :(

member_10064966
31st Jan 2013, 01:25
www.siliconera.com/2013/01/30/nintendo-t... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/30/nintendo-to-help-japanese-developers-bring-their-3ds-games-to-the-west/)

Between Square's localization meeting coming up within the next 2 weeks, Nintendo having another Nintendo Direct for 3DS soon, and expressing interest in bringing Japanese devs' games over.

...I wouldn't be surprised of Nintendo wounds up being the one to bring BDFF over. After all, Square really only trusts Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft when it comes to publishing their games (FFVII, DQIX, random RPGs on 360 that I can't even remember), so it's entirely within the realm of possibility.

Besides, it'd give the game a chance at dual audio. Hell knows Square Enix typically is not that good when it comes to handling direction for voice overs in their handheld games -- They barely put effort into Kingdom Hearts as it is, and that's their second best-selling franchise. BDFF would require more attention than a KH game in regards to its voice overs, and a lot of BDFF's charm comes from how well the voice overs were handled for most of its character roles (a few were pretty bleh, but again, most of the cast was fantastic).

I also could see Nintendo handling that direction better than Square would. I'd be glad to have Square Enix prove me wrong, though, but their track record for direction on voice acting in their handheld games are notoriously bad, sooo....

member_10706996
31st Jan 2013, 02:58
Hmm it would be great if Nintendo could help them. After seeing Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower being localized, I have hope Bravely Default may have the same treatment if it's difficult for Square Enix alone to do it.

nasos_333
31st Jan 2013, 17:26
Just ordered the official Bravely Default 480 pages !!!! guide book, full of art and stuff

Cant wait, if we never get the game, at least i will have something of it

otaku.com/products/35114 (http://otaku.com/products/35114)

This is a link for anyone interested, this is the only thing we can have from the game right now

EDIT: Strange, it was saying in stock when i ordered and now is out of stock ? Probably they had just one copy stocked ?

moooka
1st Feb 2013, 05:32
Hmm it would be great if Nintendo could help them. After seeing Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower being localized, I have hope Bravely Default may have the same treatment if it's difficult for Square Enix alone to do it.

There's a difference though. Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower were funded and published by Nintendo in Japan, while that article says they will help the other Japanese publishers deliver their games in the west.

Nintendo did this before with some of Square Enix's games: Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest VI, Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, and Dragon Quest Wars (Nintendo even has its own Dragon Quest portal: dragonquest.nintendo.com). Nintendo can do the same with Bravely Default and the other Dragon Quest 3DS games.

member_10706996
1st Feb 2013, 16:02
Just ordered the official Bravely Default 480 pages !!!! guide book, full of art and stuff
Cant wait, if we never get the game, at least i will have something of it
otaku.com/products/35114 (http://otaku.com/products/35114)

This is a link for anyone interested, this is the only thing we can have from the game right now
EDIT: Strange, it was saying in stock when i ordered and now is out of stock ? Probably they had just one copy stocked ?
I would love to buy the guidebook whenever I have the chance. This is one of the better and beautiful guidebooks I've seen in a long time. The price isn't that bad either. I've been studying Japanese for quite a couple of years and reading it would be further helpful for me.

member_10064966
2nd Feb 2013, 08:01
BDFF is pretty easy to the point you don't need a guide. There's only one boss in particular I could think of that people would get stuck on, but once you realize the right setup, it's possible (and advised) to beat it in 2 turns flat. Even with zero damage taken, too~

nasos_333
2nd Feb 2013, 16:49
BDFF is pretty easy to the point you don't need a guide. There's only one boss in particular I could think of that people would get stuck on, but once you realize the right setup, it's possible (and advised) to beat it in 2 turns flat. Even with zero damage taken, too~

I bought the guide just to have something from the game and considering the amazing art it has in some of its pages

Consider it as a tribute to the amazing art team that Square is trying to burry, in order to promote the crappy 3D FF13 series

This is a unique thing and just for this special game, which may never appear outside Japan

I have never bought a game guide for any other game :), i sometimes make use of wiki for a few titles and only after i have finished them at least 1-2 times

If the US guide (if the game ever comes to US) has the same ammount of art, will probably pay for the guide a 2ond time :), but it is not a problem since games like these are one in a billion (in fact nothing similar has appeared since FF9)

And the way Square is handling it, such games may never appear again, at least in our shores, probably not even Bravely Default

member_10064966
4th Feb 2013, 20:34
There's the off-chance that Nintendo will handle localization. If Nintendo's recent translation jobs are anything to go by, they'd probably be better at it than Square would, considering BDFF's biggest thing is having so much voiced dialogue. Square Enix doesn't even put effort into voice direction for their Kingdom Hearts games (but then KH's scripts entirely are pretty bad anyway, so that's there probabilty they acknowledge that), which is their second best-selling franchise, they would likely be even less interested in giving that same effort for a handheld title.

But as I've been saying for awhile, gotta wait another week or two to see how things go. I know it's hard to wait, but it's definitely too early to start flipping out. If nothing comes out of the localization meeting and Nintendo's upcoming Nintendo Direct for 3DS, then yes... I would suggest to start driving demand up.

StarCrapTV
6th Feb 2013, 18:14
well we can only hope that nintendo sees the value of Bravely Defaul and other games like Dragon Quest 7.. these games are KEY to making the 3DS the RPG gamers machine.. Fire Emblem Awakening is a fking Fantastic game and I hope its just the beggining of awesome localizations for the 3DS.. Since we cant seem to count much on square enix anymore for localization at least we can hope and pray that nintendo will see the light and bring us these amazing games.

nasos_333
7th Feb 2013, 13:38
well we can only hope that nintendo sees the value of Bravely Defaul and other games like Dragon Quest 7.. these games are KEY to making the 3DS the RPG gamers machine.. Fire Emblem Awakening is a fking Fantastic game and I hope its just the beggining of awesome localizations for the 3DS.. Since we cant seem to count much on square enix anymore for localization at least we can hope and pray that nintendo will see the light and bring us these amazing games.

It is unthinkable that they dont want Bravely Default outside Japan

The game is the return of FF9-like masterpieces of old and frankly the only thing Square should be making and focusing on

I cant wait to get my Guide from Japan, 480 pages full of cool art form the game, cant wait !!!

I would pay 150$ or even 200$ for a Limited Edition of Bravely Default in US

Grimoire
8th Feb 2013, 01:12
BRAVELY DEFAULT Praying Brage - Open Beta Starts Today

yahoo.bravely.jp/lp/?entry_from=130208_s... (http://yahoo.bravely.jp/lp/?entry_from=130208_sq_cwn)

Grimoire
8th Feb 2013, 02:18
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251/29151981/bravely_default_flying_fairy?post_id=528857183#528857183)

Ripax5
8th Feb 2013, 04:19
Thank you for the link!

Grimoire
8th Feb 2013, 05:03
Glad to hear that it was of interest.

Acedrew89
9th Feb 2013, 19:43
I honestly bought a 3ds xl this week just in hopes of Bravely Default coming to North America. I also bought 4 heroes of light just to become familiar with the spirtual ancestor of Flying Fairy. Please Squar Enix, bring this game over to North America!

member_10706996
10th Feb 2013, 20:08
The petition has reached over 1900 signatures! Here's the link again.

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation... (http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west)

kratoscar2008
11th Feb 2013, 21:12
This game supposedly is akin to FF5, a must buy for me :)

member_10064966
12th Feb 2013, 15:44
Next Nintendo Direct (3DS oriented) is set for late February. Hold onto yer butts!

member_10064966
12th Feb 2013, 17:08
Guess I'll look back into the game for kicks.

member_10385825
13th Feb 2013, 08:47
3DS Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow morning.

OH GOD PLEASE MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

moooka
13th Feb 2013, 09:43
I think the next few Nintendo Direct shows (before E3) will feature a bunch of surprises, hope Bravely Default is one of them.

member_10064966
13th Feb 2013, 14:51
Seems there's no Nintendo Direct for Japan, so it's a given it's going to be a bunch of localization announcements. :P

member_10385825
13th Feb 2013, 18:07
JP direct confirmed. I don't know how much it helps or hinders our chances.

I guess I'll get the gif ready

member_10064966
14th Feb 2013, 08:39
To be fair, Square Enix is having their localization meeting this week or the next. Their Japanese branch is ultimately the one that calls the shots.

Shame for you guys who still can't play the game. It's easily my favorite 3DS title so far.

member_10385825
14th Feb 2013, 09:04
Ugh, as expected, no mention of Bravely Default for Nintendo Direct.

Guess we're just going to get endless Lightning games instead.

i.imgur.com/Ecl2PcF.gif (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=47684978&highlight=#post47684978)

nasos_333
14th Feb 2013, 10:16
Ugh, as expected, no mention of Bravely Default for Nintendo Direct.

Guess we're just going to get endless Lightning games instead.

i.imgur.com/Ecl2PcF.gif (http://i.imgur.com/Ecl2PcF.gif)

Ok, so now we can panic

There is no chance anymore that Bravely Default will leave Japan

I am selling my 3DS, dont care for Nintendo and Square anymore

And i would rather die than buy a Square game ever again

Square has officially destroyed my gaming, since Bravely Default was my top wanted game across all systems

member_10064966
14th Feb 2013, 19:34
Localization meeting hasn't happened yet, and there's still E3.

I'd still keep bugging Square Enix on Twitter and here, however. Just be polite about it (the goal is to get them to listen, after all) and make yourself easily understood. Being calm would do wonders, too.

Besides, their lesser known IPs have taken awhile longer to get announced for localization. I remember The 3rd Birthday, as horrendous as that game was, took some time before getting officially announced amongst other non-FF/KH titles.

member_10706996
15th Feb 2013, 14:57
Maybe during E3 or whenever the next Nintendo Direct is. I think it's still fairly early. I have the patience to wait. Although a dealbreaker for me might be that the sequel of BDFF releases before the English version of the first Bravely Default...

MagiusNecros
16th Feb 2013, 21:40
3DS is a generally healthy platform and even with that knowledge I fear for Bravely Default. And Japan is already planning a sequel.

:I

moooka
17th Feb 2013, 00:57
I don't see why this won't get localized.

Gamers have no patience. Square has been doing this since forever, they only announce localizations long after the game gets released in Japan, there are only a few exceptions like XIII-2/LR and their Western games. There's nothing surprising here.

Leaferian-379423
17th Feb 2013, 01:06
Pretty much what Chrono Cross said. I mean, it's not even just a Square Enix thing either. Tales of Xillia isn't even out in North America yet (although announced and on its way), despite the sequel having already been released in Japan a few months back. I think the reason people are so worried about localization of this game is that they're looking at Type-0, whose localization was shelved because of the weak PSP market in the US, and thinking it's going to be the future of the Square Enix handheld development section.

rikXkua
17th Feb 2013, 04:18
I still hope that it will be localized...

IMO SE think that Bravely Default is a "minor" game so they dont bother to localized it if we compare it to Final Fantasy series or Kngdom Hearts

nasos_333
17th Feb 2013, 08:20
Maybe during E3 or whenever the next Nintendo Direct is. I think it's still fairly early. I have the patience to wait. Although a dealbreaker for me might be that the sequel of BDFF releases before the English version of the first Bravely Default...

I think it is very late, since they are making a sequel and have moved on

If it was not for the sequel i would have given it a slight chance, now is closer to zero

nasos_333
17th Feb 2013, 08:26
I still hope that it will be localized...

IMO SE think that Bravely Default is a "minor" game so they dont bother to localized it if we compare it to Final Fantasy series or Kngdom Hearts

And yet it is their only game in ages to compare to the masterpieces of old.

I wonder if the new Square administration has actually played FF7-8-9, because i dont see how they market a generic crappy game like FF13 as the actual FF, when Bravely Default is the only thing that resembles older FFs masterpieces

Generally they should get a grip, this new age crap is not FF, Bravely Default is what FF is all about

Also people's fear is very valid, if Type-0 that was a FF did not make it, the chances for Bravely Default that noone has ever heard of is zero TBH

We older gamers (unlike the new Square administration people) that have played the old masterpieces can see how amazing this game is, but small kids that just got out of university and try to run a "new age" crappy company dont see that

They probably think Beavely Default is not generic enough for new gamers

I am willing to bet that the Bravely Default team is run by one of the older people in Square and probably he had a hard time convincing them it was even worth making this game, since it is not another generic crappy game for the masses

MagiusNecros
17th Feb 2013, 11:18
Yeah Asano who did FF3 DS and FFIV DS was one of the main guys, he also was behind 4 Warriors of Light, this game's spiritual predecessor.

nasos_333
17th Feb 2013, 11:47
Yeah Asano who did FF3 DS and FFIV DS was one of the main guys, he also was behind 4 Warriors of Light, this game's spiritual predecessor.

He should start his own company

Thundercat
17th Feb 2013, 18:33
Welp I just got my Gameinformer mag in the mail. It says BDFF will be released state side soon, but there's no date yet.

member_10064966
17th Feb 2013, 21:00
Misleading article is misleading. It only states they hope for the game to come overseas -- it does NOT state the game's getting localized.

member_10706996
18th Feb 2013, 13:33

If it was not for the sequel i would have given it a slight chance, now is closer to zero
Were you able to get the official guidebook Nasos? How is it?

nasos_333
18th Feb 2013, 15:06

Were you able to get the official guidebook Nasos? How is it?

Yes, came two days ago :) along with my Ni no Kuni Wizard edition

So, i got two amazing books the same day :)

The book is huge and very nicely made with complete info on everything, it does not have as much art pages as i thought, but even for the few it has it was well worth the price for me

Also has overviews of all the places, so that would also count as art imo

Plus it could serve as a spoiler free guide, since it has points to look for in maps but i dont see what they are :)

Overall i would give it an 8/10

member_10706996
19th Feb 2013, 00:20
Ahh I see lol. I was considering about buying it and thanks! It would definitely help me learn supplementally with Japanese.

Also, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is a wonderful game and you'll love it. I just finished the game some weeks ago and working on postgame content and grinding. I wasn't able to get the Wizard's Edition due to the big controversy preorder problems with their site but I'm okay with that; I can just buy the Japanese version of the book much cheaper online.

FatSqueek
19th Feb 2013, 00:39
I'll admit, I'm genuinely curious about this one. Hope it doesn't turn out to be dung like Ni No Kuni did.

StarCrapTV
19th Feb 2013, 01:14
dont miss the oppertunity to release this game ASAP

soon the 3ds will get hacked and you can make a guess what will be the first game to get a fan traslation.... Bravely Default....

if you dont release this wonderful game soon you will be hurting its chances of selling even more

Thundercat2
20th Feb 2013, 00:42
*cries* I really want this game bad... I'm not fluent in Japanese and I don't own a Japanese 3DS. So please SE give us this game.

McSlig
20th Feb 2013, 12:36
I can't believe there is still no word whatsoever about this game. It must have to do with the fact that there's voice acting in it, which would make it more expensive to localize. But even that makes little sense. The game had record breaking sales in Japan and got a 38/40 score by Famitsu. I'm certain that this game wouldn't only sell well in Europe & North America, but would also push 3DS sales. Nintendo should be kicking Square Enix to bring this west already. It's so frustrating when a company won't even give you the chance to throw your money at them.

member_10064966
20th Feb 2013, 15:50
*cries* I really want this game bad... I'm not fluent in Japanese and I don't own a Japanese 3DS. So please SE give us this game.

Buy them down the line while learning the language. The game does pack a hefty amount of kanji, however, but learning a language is a great experience. I speak 5 and know how to read/write in 4 of 'em -- It's pretty rewarding. C:

McSlig
20th Feb 2013, 15:57
I'm really hoping that the lack of an announcement only means that the localization is taking them a long time, rather than not having an interest in releasing it in the west.

It would make a lot of sense for them to bring it over though. There are a lot of "old-school" Final Fantasy fans who feel that the series has strayed too far from its roots and have lost interest in new FF titles. A game like this could recapture the interest of the older Final Fantasy fans while they continue to evolve the actual Final Fantasy series.

Not to mention that turn-based games do very well on handhelds; Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy III, IV, etc. In my mind, the only "risk" involved is taking a chance on a new IP, but if that is their only hesitation, they could easily give it a Final Fantasy branding and capture huge market interest.

member_10064966
20th Feb 2013, 16:02
I can't believe there is still no word whatsoever about this game. It must have to do with the fact that there's voice acting in it, which would make it more expensive to localize. But even that makes little sense. The game had record breaking sales in Japan and got a 38/40 score by Famitsu. I'm certain that this game wouldn't only sell well in Europe & North America, but would also push 3DS sales. Nintendo should be kicking Square Enix to bring this west already. It's so frustrating when a company won't even give you the chance to throw your money at them.

Well, a lot of games that get localized wound up having a number of voice actors do double-duty. Even in the Japanese cast for BDFF, a few of them voiced more than one character -- one of them for spoiler-related reasons.

They could easily just have English voice actors double over for more minor characters -- And truth be told, most of the dialogue in the game comes from the main party (that's including Airy who is considered the 5th main character, albeit non-playable) and the Council of Six/Six Council/whatever you wanna call them. Everyone else is a bit smaller in a role.

Shame though, I regret not buying the collector's pack and now the only way to get it is to deal with people overpricing the hell out of them on eBay -- In all honesty, I just want the artbook. If Square Enix can provide that in the NA release, I'd willingly throw more money at them.

member_10085059
22nd Feb 2013, 22:43
So I know I'm not alone in this feeling. JRPG releases from SE look pretty non-existant right now. I know there's things in the works, that just haven't been announced yet, but 2013 is looking pretty grim in regards to my favorite developer/publisher.

So here's an idea! Let's stop wasting all of the efforts pumping out cellphone/tablet games, and put some work into localizing an already FANTASTIC game that has been very well received in Japan? Give us Bravely Default: Flying Fairy!

We want it, Square. WE.WANT.IT. WE.WILL.BUY.IT. Please just give us the chance!

Normally, I'm not so obnoxious about my wants from game companies. This is my thread asking for something like this, but I read an article today on Kotaku, that encouraged JRPG fans to get loud. So, that's what I'm doing.

I know I'm not alone in this feeling; who else feels this way?

A lot of people have come to doubt SE, and a lot of people are thinking this company has lost it's spark, and it's power to make great games..... but I still believe. I'm still here, waiting for the next great thing from this company, faithfully buying your games that come out ever-so infrequently now. We are still here, Square-Enix, now do something to make us diehard fans proud!

/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

member_10085059
22nd Feb 2013, 22:47
Add my name to this list! ;)

elsonSCCP
22nd Feb 2013, 22:56
Square Enix not loose the hands on her works but just seen sometimes lost on your decisions,so many people are askin for Type 0 but not obtain answers,some people want Bravely Default but no answer to,we want more Versus XIII work information,just pictures or a fast vĂ*deo and they just not return back,at same time they are doing great games,but this silence make me feel bad...

moooka
23rd Feb 2013, 09:43
Bravely Default would be a guarenteed day 1 purchase for me, hope they release it one day.

Shredtodeath
23rd Feb 2013, 11:25
Maybe we should start begging square to make more and more terrible Lighting games. Perhaps that will make them finally drop the whole FFXIII mess since they seem to be working solely on titles that don't hold any interest for the majority of their loyal fanbase.

That could work right?

MagiusNecros
23rd Feb 2013, 12:05
Square cares more for the mobile market due to the easy cheap and profitability it offers.

member_10085059
23rd Feb 2013, 19:20
I just can't get into playing long games on my phone because I need the battery for actual phone related things.... so that's why I wave them off. I do realize how profitable, they are, though. I just wish we could get some investment by them in porting games that NA and EU are calling for.

member_10064966
24th Feb 2013, 07:41
No need to worry anymore guys, the localization meeting happened and... it will be coming overseas!

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643004-bravely-d... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643004-bravely-default-flying-fairy/65488078/735725600)

This guy was my source for previous information in the past (All the Bravest being unrelated -- he was spot on about it before it was announced), so he's legit.

MagiusNecros
24th Feb 2013, 11:19
Yeah I'm happy about it. If it does release it would be after October. Because Pokemon X/Y will wipe the floor with it.

member_10064966
24th Feb 2013, 11:40
Is that you Magius~? It's Kumori, hiii~

Have to agree -- I'd hope Square Enix has enough common sense not to let BDFF compete with Pokemon X/Y (although I'm personally a little bit hyped for X/Y), but then again...

MagiusNecros
24th Feb 2013, 11:50

Have to agree -- I'd hope Square Enix has enough common sense not to let BDFF compete with Pokemon X/Y (although I'm personally a little bit hyped for X/Y), but then again...

The one and only. THE GILGAMESH FAN KING. The FF Type series enthusiast. The cynical Dracolich. The proud fan of BDFF. And of course the pessimistic cynical gamer. It is I Magius Bloodbane Necros.

member_10064966
24th Feb 2013, 11:55

The one and only. THE GILGAMESH FAN KING. The FF Type series enthusiast. The cynical Dracolich. The proud fan of BDFF. And of course the pessimistic cynical gamer. It is I Magius Bloodbane Necros.

The Gilgamesh avatar gave it away. :D Nice to see others will be able to play BDFF now -- I'd hate for it to be another Type-0.

MagiusNecros
24th Feb 2013, 12:05
Yeah I just wish Square itself was forthcoming with to fanbase to simply let us know it is "coming" eventually would be all the reason to put our minds at rest.

member_10706996
24th Feb 2013, 14:15
No need to worry anymore guys, the localization meeting happened and... it will be coming overseas!

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643004-bravely-d... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643004-bravely-default-flying-fairy/65488078/735725600)

This guy was my source for previous information in the past (All the Bravest being unrelated -- he was spot on about it before it was announced), so he's legit.
I hope this is true. I would be really happy.

nasos_333
24th Feb 2013, 15:03

Megaton news :)

This is more exiting than PS4 reveal :), hope it is true

So exciting :)

Thanks, you made my day

Emmy19-699054
24th Feb 2013, 15:42
Square Enix, if this is true.....thank you. THANK YOU!

I'm feeling happier with you than I am with Capcom * still better at Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not being released outside Japan. Grrrr....*

As for it coming out late, oh well. XD As long as it's coming out - that's what is important!

nasos_333
24th Feb 2013, 15:56
Square Enix, if this is true.....thank you. THANK YOU!

I'm feeling happier with you than I am with Capcom * still better at Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not being released outside Japan. Grrrr....*

As for it coming out late, oh well. XD As long as it's coming out - that's what is important!

That was huge news indeed

I dont care for the release date either, as long as it is coming

member_10706996
24th Feb 2013, 23:58
That was huge news indeed

I dont care for the release date either, as long as it is coming

Same here. I don't mind so much about the release date but as long as it's coming, that's enough for me to feel excited. It's better than no announcement at all and never localized. I'll take the source with a grain of salt but since Neophoton knows this person personally before, that gives me more hope.

Crystal_Power
25th Feb 2013, 21:16

I don't know about this, I wish it was true but I'd rather wait for an official annoucement by Square Enix themeselves. Did he ever say when they will annouce this???

StarCrapTV
26th Feb 2013, 08:56
hopefully this is true and not just some false hope :S

I really wish square would just annOunce it already and stop keeping us in the dark about everything

MagiusNecros
26th Feb 2013, 09:57

I don't know about this, I wish it was true but I'd rather wait for an official annoucement by Square Enix themeselves. Did he ever say when they will annouce this???

Square doesn't do announcements for good games.

Crystal_Power
26th Feb 2013, 21:39

Square doesn't do announcements for good games.

But they did an annoucemnet for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix.

hopefully this is true and not just some false hope :S

I really wish square would just annOunce it already and stop keeping us in the dark about everything

I agree, maybe we will hear something as E3 this year?

MagiusNecros
27th Feb 2013, 16:39
Okay let me put it this way. Square doesn't announce stuff for new games that turn out good. And by new I mean new entries. Not re-releases to make a quick buck since they know the japanese will buy it all up day 1, no questions asked.

KrelboynekidZidane
28th Feb 2013, 18:29
All JRPGs that square enix THINKS will fail in the us should at least be considered for "test pilot sales." In other words, produce PC versions and 300,000 copies to each foreign country. As for advertising, spend a limited amount on commercial primetime spots. If PC units sell well, than produce twice as much for console, including commercials and ads. If sales suck, stop production and make the pc version a digital download.

Exentryk
1st Mar 2013, 06:32
BDFF Official twitter account just acknowledged all our localization requests with their latest tweet (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/307441160241180672).

Says, "For the first time in a long time, I accessed Twitter. We hear the voices of our foreign fans loud and clear."

Localization incoming? ;]

Grimoire
1st Mar 2013, 09:54
BD Tweet - "I accessed Twitter after a long absence. A voice of the foreign one arrives properly!" www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/operation-brav... (http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/operation-brave-bring-bravely-default-westward/)

MagiusNecros
1st Mar 2013, 10:47
It will be Paying Rage oh I mean Praying Brage.

member_10706996
1st Mar 2013, 11:25
Yay I'm happy the Japanese BDFF Twitter recognized the voices of fans outside of Japan. Here's the link again if you didn't see Eternal's.

twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/3074411... (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/307441160241180672)

member_10064966
1st Mar 2013, 14:10

*snerk*

BDPB really isn't a good game -- If it had no chat function, I honestly would not have come back to it at all. And even then, I get more of a kick from chatting with people on the game as opposed to actually playing.

...But I'd imagine they know foreigners are wanting BDFF over BDPB. Or at least, I'd hope for everyone else they do.

moooka
1st Mar 2013, 15:31
Nice!

moooka
1st Mar 2013, 15:33
Sounds good!

member_10706996
2nd Mar 2013, 13:15
Hey you guys. The official Japanese Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Twitter tweeted this.

?????????????????? ??????????????????? There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play! ?????????????^^;
twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/3079297... (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/307929760359645184)

Emmy19-699054
2nd Mar 2013, 14:13

*snerk*

BDPB really isn't a good game -- If it had no chat function, I honestly would not have come back to it at all. And even then, I get more of a kick from chatting with people on the game as opposed to actually playing.

...But I'd imagine they know foreigners are wanting BDFF over BDPB. Or at least, I'd hope for everyone else they do.

Isn't Praying Barge a free browser game? Would they actually make money from that?

Still, the Twitter acknowledgements are still a good sign!

member_10706996
2nd Mar 2013, 18:39
Yup that's right. Bravely Default: Praying Brage is free to play.

Crystal_Power
2nd Mar 2013, 20:34
Hey you guys. The official Japanese Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Twitter tweeted this.

?????????????????? ??????????????????? There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play! ?????????????^^;
twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/3079297... (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/307929760359645184)

If this doesn't mean the game is getting localized then I'm not sure what is? I'm pretty postive it's being localized though.

nasos_333
2nd Mar 2013, 21:09
Here is the NeoGAF thread with all the info about Bravely Default, for those that are still on the edge of signing in for the cause :)

Hopefully we will have an announcement soon :), cant wait

Grimoire
3rd Mar 2013, 00:45
Bravely Default Twitter Hints At Localization (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/02/bravely-default-twitter-hints-at-localization/)

&ldquo;There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play!&rdquo;

Grimoire
3rd Mar 2013, 00:46
Bravely Default Twitter Hints At Localization (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/02/bravely-default-twitter-hints-at-localization/)

&ldquo;There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play!&rdquo;

moooka
3rd Mar 2013, 03:19
Maybe that "insider" guy was right.

Grimoire
3rd Mar 2013, 03:39
It's a little too much of a coincidence that they started talking about this now all of a sudden. So yes, most likely.

nasos_333
3rd Mar 2013, 11:52
It's a little too much of a coincidence that they started talking about this now all of a sudden. So yes, most likely.

Indeed, too many signs now point to a western release :)

Now i would also like to see FF9 with the 3D effect of Bravely Default :)

MagiusNecros
3rd Mar 2013, 14:10
I'd like to see FFV 3DS myself possibly in the BDFF style.

But eh.

I really just want BDFF and it's likely sequel in my US 3DS.

member_10064966
6th Mar 2013, 18:31
I'd like to see FFV 3DS myself possibly in the BDFF style.

But eh.

I really just want BDFF and it's likely sequel in my US 3DS.

I've no longer access to my GBA games, so a 3DS remake for FFV would be pretty awesome.

I was personally okay with the style for BDFF, but then FFIII is my favorite of the original NES FFs, so you can imagine my delight for that DS remake. Similar style and what not.

Crystal_Power
6th Mar 2013, 19:29

This pretty much confirms we're getting Bravely Default, but still, I want Square to annouce something soon.

member_10012998
7th Mar 2013, 05:44
I can't wait to play this game! I just know it will come over!

Crystal_Power
9th Mar 2013, 20:25
If the tweets did mean they're localizing, when should we expect an announcement?

StarCrapTV
10th Mar 2013, 03:12
its unlikely that we will get an announcement this soon as they are likly just starting or possibly havent even started the actual localization.. I would imagin e its not too far off but not this moment

Crystal_Power
10th Mar 2013, 15:49
I guess so, but hopefully Square will have something ready by E3 2013.

StarCrapTV
16th Mar 2013, 19:28
we can only hope and wait

member_10064966
24th Mar 2013, 12:09
So how many of you have been viewing to the Luxendarc Live concert film? It released a few days ago. It was the concert back in November used to promote the game.

I'm liking my limited edition copy, only disappointed that the code bundled with it is for Bravely Default: Praying Brage and not BDFF. Oh well, I didn't really know it came with a code until after my copy shipped out anyway.

I highly implore at least looking over a few of the live performances linked here, they're amazing:

Ballad Moving Toward Hope (26) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUmCjwWZg24)

That Person's Name Is [Vocalized Version] (10) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****ulRUnqpo&list=PLB5NEO1ikFt2FO8Gb4MBVZ8k3MM1a_W6b&feature=player_detailpage#t=668s)

Love's Vagrant [Vocalized Version] (21) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UngM3T3BUts)

Wicked Battle, Wicked Flight, Serpent Eating the Horizon (23 - 25) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STe5UJcbdrE)

Prelude Moving Toward Hope, Horizon of Light and Shadow (3 - 4) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Mzm_eqvTQ)

nasos_333
26th Mar 2013, 12:04
Square Enix's Yoichi Wada Is Stepping Down

kotaku.com/square-enixs-yoichi-wada-is-s... (http://kotaku.com/square-enixs-yoichi-wada-is-stepping-down-458811790)

"Wada has stepped down and square has posted a massive loss for this fiscal year citing poor sales over seas as the reason for the loss"

Maybe now at last they get the memo that people are losing interest in them and start releasing the games we do care about like Bravely Default

---------Petition to bring Bravely Default in US/EU--------------

www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation... (http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/operation-brave-square-enix-bring-bravely-default-flying-fairy-to-the-west)

---------Info thread with everything about Bravely Default-------

destruction7
26th Mar 2013, 12:31
So ??????

nasos_333
26th Mar 2013, 12:54
All they have to do now is pre-fire the next president too and hire the JANITOR !!!!

I am sure the janitor will have 10.000.000x million billion times better ideas about how to appeal to US gamers, starting by releasing their only amazing game in a decade, Bravely Default

And burrying FF13, which could be the worst game on earth right now

So, the janitor people

Crystal_Power
26th Mar 2013, 13:56
Square Enix's Yoichi Wada Is Stepping Down

kotaku.com/square-enixs-yoichi-wada-is-s... (http://kotaku.com/square-enixs-yoichi-wada-is-stepping-down-458811790)

"Wada has stepped down and square has posted a massive loss for this fiscal year citing poor sales over seas as the reason for the loss"

Maybe now at last they get the memo that people are losing interest in them and start releasing the games we do care about like Bravely Default

---------Petition to bring Bravely Default in US/EU--------------

---------Info thread with everything about Bravely Default-------

I'm not sure Wada was th reason we haven't gotten Bravely defualt. I think it could have been his fualt. It would be awesome if they could localize it now though.

StarCrapTV
26th Mar 2013, 23:15
well it atleast seems much more likely now that the producer has stated that he wants to bring it over here on his twitter and the guy who is an "insider" saying it was coming.. plus the fact that he said that befor the producer posted on his twitter.. it seems we have very good chances of getting it

Squall-Nathan
29th Mar 2013, 09:58
I agree with the fans here. I would definitely buy Bravely Default Flying Fairy. The 3ds doesn't have any rpg's like that yet.

nasos_333
30th Mar 2013, 23:06
I agree with the fans here. I would definitely buy Bravely Default Flying Fairy. The 3ds doesn't have any rpg's like that yet.

Actually Bravely Default seems like one of the most unique games and no system has a game like that at all

Of course i would instantly buy any of Chaos Rings 1-2, FF 7-8-9 or Bravely Deault, should any of them ever appeared on 3DS

But Bravely Default is one of my most wanted games of all time

FF9 would be nice to have too

new_tradition
31st Mar 2013, 02:12
@Neophoton: Not the live performances, but I have finally taken a listen to the game OST.

It. Is. Awesome.

It's an interesting mix of orchestra and rock as per usual jRPG style, but it's got some folk-ish tunes in there too that make for a nice BGM.

edger_
2nd Apr 2013, 09:47
You have fans who want DQ7 ,DQM3D and BDFF(no comment on VS13 since rumor is it is going to be XV) look at atlus kotaku.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-is-comi... (http://kotaku.com/shin-megami-tensei-iv-is-coming-to-america-464946767) both IV and SH will not sell millions but they are getting released for NA fans give your fans what they want oh and Eidos montreal is cruel

nasos_333
2nd Apr 2013, 16:28
@Neophoton: Not the live performances, but I have finally taken a listen to the game OST.

It. Is. Awesome.

It's an interesting mix of orchestra and rock as per usual jRPG style, but it's got some folk-ish tunes in there too that make for a nice BGM.

That makes the fact that we will never play it a lot harder to swallow

Medicham
2nd Apr 2013, 17:33
I think its sad that we gotta ask a company to release a game. :(

nasos_333
3rd Apr 2013, 13:23

We are closer to the begging state right now TBH

And Square does not seem to care in the slightest as it seems

destruction7
3rd Apr 2013, 13:33
Stop Asking bravely default You don´t gonna get you can ask 1000 times probably the guy did made the game don´t want respect his Will!.

Medicham
3rd Apr 2013, 17:03

Yeah. I know tons of people would buy the game on day one if they had the chance.

member_10064966
3rd Apr 2013, 19:50
I should clarify it's been greenlit for localization for about a month now. Just up to the NA branch to get started on it.

My money's on a late 2013 release, if not then early 2014.

Edit:

www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west/)

There's your secondary confirmation for people who are still not convinced even though it's been as good as confirmed for a month now.

nasos_333
3rd Apr 2013, 20:58
I should clarify it's been greenlit for localization for about a month now. Just up to the NA branch to get started on it.

My money's on a late 2013 release, if not then early 2014.

Edit:

www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west/)

There's your secondary confirmation for people who are still not convinced even though it's been as good as confirmed for a month now.

That would be amazing if true, i hope they have a pre-order as soon as possible, i would instantly pre-order a special artbook edition

My credit card is ready and waiting :)

member_10734627
3rd Apr 2013, 21:10
I have my 3ds now, so I would like a nice RPG game like BD to play.

Persiangato
3rd Apr 2013, 21:32
That's great news. Looking forward to playing this game soon.

member_10706996
3rd Apr 2013, 21:35
I'm glad for the further confirmations, ranging from the tweets from the Japanese BDFF Twitter and such. I'm happy we'll be able to finally play it.

moooka
4th Apr 2013, 05:40
That's amazing. They'll probably show it on E3.

Grimoire
4th Apr 2013, 07:48
Almost forgot to post this here: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy Will Be Localized For The West (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west/)

MagiusNecros
4th Apr 2013, 15:10
Day 0.

SMTfan123
4th Apr 2013, 22:11
I am really excited for this game. But....when will it be officially announced by Square?

MagiusNecros
6th Apr 2013, 14:17
I am really excited for this game. But....when will it be officially announced by Square?

Write Square a letter and maybe they'll tell you.

destruction7
8th Apr 2013, 04:34
Bravely default let´s see how she compete against Bioshock infinite!

member_10064966
10th Apr 2013, 08:32

Likely too early at the moment.

Grimoire
10th Apr 2013, 14:01
BRAVELY DEFAULT Praying Brage - New Character

www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201304100035/ (http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201304100035/)

Crystal_Power
10th Apr 2013, 15:11
That's amazing. They'll probably show it on E3.

I sure hope they do, but I would like an annoucement before then.

StarCrapTV
12th Apr 2013, 23:20
YES SQUARE PLEASE GIVE US JUST A LITTLE NOD TO LET US KNOW ITS COMING.. WE WOULD SHURE APPRECIATE IT AFTER ALL THIS ALMOST ASSURED CONFIRMATION

nasos_333
13th Apr 2013, 12:24
YES SQUARE PLEASE GIVE US JUST A LITTLE NOD TO LET US KNOW ITS COMING.. WE WOULD SHURE APPRECIATE IT AFTER ALL THIS ALMOST ASSURED CONFIRMATION

That would kill all the suspese

We should be kept in the dark so the excitement when it is announced gets bigger

But if it is never announced will be a MAJOR blow and Square will be one of the most hated comanies of all time ( i mean ALL time, future included)

Soapstone
14th Apr 2013, 14:03
i havent played FF: 4 heroes of light. but i have been told that bravely default is a spiritual successor, in many ways, and for some reason it couldnt be a direct sequel, and you dont have to play the 4 heroes of light first. i know that tons of people on the gamefaqs msg boards were really excited about this game getting released over here, but there still hasnt been any word as far as i know.

has anyone heard anything yet?

Grimoire
14th Apr 2013, 20:36
See this thread for news: bravely default flying fairy (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139251/29151981/bravely_default_flying_fairy?post_id=531162707#531162707)

Grimoire
14th Apr 2013, 20:46
This discussion belongs in the [Other Game Series (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139251/234327/other_game_series)] forum.

nasos_333
15th Apr 2013, 11:21
Nintendo Announces All Day 3DS Press Event after 4/17 Nintendo Direct

http://https//twitter.com/RichIGN/status/319499907679518720

So, this is the announcement day for Bravely Default !!!!!

nasos_333
15th Apr 2013, 11:22
Nintendo Announces All Day 3DS Press Event after 4/17 Nintendo Direct

http://https//twitter.com/RichIGN/status/319499907679518720

So, this is the announcement day for Bravely Default !!!!!

member_10385825
17th Apr 2013, 09:47
Bravely Default finally announced for North America!

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/32453... (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/324530779436761089)

Grimoire
17th Apr 2013, 10:30
Bravely Default is coming to Nintendo 3DS in North America in 2014. [/url]

[url="https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/324530779436761089"]twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/32453... (/search?q=%23NintendoDirectNA&src=hash)

Grimoire
17th Apr 2013, 10:43
twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/324532... (https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/324532615522697217)

Watch a video of Bravely Default (temp. title), coming to Nintendo 3DS later this year:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HO_uabrY3o&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HO_uabrY3o&feature=youtu.be)

moooka
17th Apr 2013, 11:50
That was the best thing in Nintendo Direct today, the release date is next year though.

Pinguino21v
17th Apr 2013, 14:15
Thank you Square Enix and Nintendo!

MagiusNecros
17th Apr 2013, 14:28
Finally some good news.

member_10064966
17th Apr 2013, 14:52
Set for a 2013 release for Europe, 2014 for NA.

Seems it's NoE once again coming to the rescue, haha.

Zidane42
17th Apr 2013, 15:41
So happy this is finally coming, although I do wish the release date was a little sooner, but still happy.

new_tradition
17th Apr 2013, 22:37
So, uh, why isn't SE publishing this game? O.o

member_10064966
17th Apr 2013, 22:53

That's a red flag that says they don't think it'd sell at all.

Damned if we aren't blessed with another XIII game, though. Yee-haw!

Leaferian-379423
18th Apr 2013, 01:21

Technically, the announcement says that Nintendo is working WITH Square Enix to publish the game overseas. It's probably just that with all of the games Square Enix has coming over, they don't have the time or money to effectively publish the game by themselves. They have KH 1.5, Lightning Returns, and X|X-2 HD all due out this year in both countries (although obviously KH is already out in Japan), plus work on XIV: A Realm Reborn and the apparent reveals being set up for Versus. And that's just the announced stuff, who knows if there's more? Even with all of that, there's still the potentially separate PS4 title (as Versus is not yet confirmed to be jumping platforms) and the company's restructuring efforts. There's only so much a company can do at once.

moooka
18th Apr 2013, 03:23

That's a red flag that says they don't think it'd sell at all.

Or they think Nintendo will do a better job with the marketing and distribution as they did with Dragon Quest IX.

nasos_333
18th Apr 2013, 13:57
Now we can sit back, relax and wait for the amazing game

Such great news, the crusade is over

StarCrapTV
18th Apr 2013, 15:30
thank you so much square for actually listening to your fans.. you have restored my faith in you.. now all we need is an announcement for

Dragon Quest 7 Remake for 3DS!!!!

and

FF Type 0!!

and

Bravely Defaul 2 being released simultaniously in the west and japan

Crystal_Power
19th Apr 2013, 17:12
This is great news, I just wish Square Enix was publishing the game though. But whatever, at least I'll get to play it in English.

member_10706996
22nd Apr 2013, 13:34
I wonder if the collector's edition will be brought over. I really hope they do. Also, congrats everyone for Bravely Default finally being announced for overseas release.

Grimoire
1st May 2013, 05:38
The game takes home a prize: news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/629/629815... (http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/629/629815/)

Grimoire
2nd May 2013, 02:55
Bravely Default Was Originally Designed As An Action RPG
www.siliconera.com/2013/05/01/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/01/bravely-default-was-originally-designed-as-an-action-rpg/)

nasos_333
2nd May 2013, 11:41
We should start a petition ASAP about Level 5's Yokai Watch game too

It is a mix of Ni no Kuni and Layton games, some of the best in the industry

gamingandtechnetwork.files.wordpress.com... (http://gamingandtechnetwork.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/yokai-watch-site-launched.jpg?w=627)

gamingandtechnetwork.com/2013/04/15/one-... (http://gamingandtechnetwork.com/2013/04/15/one-can-only-hope-youkai-watch-gets-localized-in-english/)

I would hope there will be a petition started soon for this one, the sooner the better as history has shown

Ni no Kuni DS did not make it in US, so a petition is a must if we want to have any chance to get it

Bravely Default petition worked wonders as it seems :)

Grimoire
8th May 2013, 19:06
Can&rsquo;t Wait For Bravely Default? Here&rsquo;s How To Play The Yahoo Game Based On It (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/08/cant-wait-for-bravely-default-try-out-the-browser-game-based-on-it/)

Crystal_Power
8th May 2013, 19:55
Bravely Default Was Originally Designed As An Action RPG
www.siliconera.com/2013/05/01/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/01/bravely-default-was-originally-designed-as-an-action-rpg/)

I'm glad they dicided to go with the more traditional RPG route.

Grimoire
14th May 2013, 18:12
BRAVELY DEFAULT - 3D Printed Figure
twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/3341388... (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/334138848416235520/photo/1)
twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/3341397... (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/334139736820170753/photo/1)

Grimoire
17th May 2013, 03:24
Bravely Default Producers And Director Look Back At Their Achievement
www.siliconera.com/2013/05/16/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/16/bravely-default-producers-and-director-look-back-at-their-achievement/)

Grimoire
5th Jun 2013, 12:51
Akihiko Yoshida Working On Next Bravely Default Says Yasumi Matsuno www.siliconera.com/2013/06/05/akihiko-yo... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/05/akihiko-yoshida-working-on-next-bravely-default-says-yasumi-matsuno/)

ElysianEchoes
12th Jun 2013, 12:41
I find the title a bit odd xD But . . . definitely looks like one I'd get! 2014, eh . . .

Grimoire
17th Jun 2013, 03:13
It will probably be renamed for an English release.

Bravely Default Browser Game To Add Guild Vs. Guild And More This Summer www.siliconera.com/2013/06/16/bravely-de... (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/16/bravely-default-browser-game-to-add-guild-vs-guild-and-more-this-summer/)

Grimoire
2nd Sep 2013, 16:56
Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies

Screenshots (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/28/bravely-default-flying-fairy-has-a-new-title-in-europe/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – Bravely Default: Flying Fairy has been renamed for the European market.
For the Sequel (http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-default-sequel-dlc/) (Final Fantasy Network (http://www.finalfantasy.net/)) – an expanded version of Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for the Nintendo 3DS will be released in Japan this fall.

Automaton
3rd Sep 2013, 00:18
Additional news I just read on Siliconera indicated that the "For the Sequel" version of the game will be the one released in North America for next year's launch!

moooka
3rd Sep 2013, 10:02
The official Twitter account of this game also mentioned that the English version will have both English & Japanese voice options.

Grimoire
10th Sep 2013, 18:43
Yes. Great news, isn't it? ^_-

Bravely Default: For the Sequel has revised battle system, English language option (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/01/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-has-revised-battle-system-english-language-option/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – one of the features in Bravely Default: For the Sequel is multiple language options. Players can choose Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
Bravely Default for the West is the enhanced version of the game (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/02/bravely-default-for-the-west-is-the-enhanced-version-of-the-game/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – the western release of the game will contain both English and Japanese sound.
For the Sequel with overseas Bravely Default (http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/sequel-overseas-bravely-default/) (Final Fantasy Network (http://www.finalfantasy.net/)) – additional details.
Overview video (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/04/square-enix-shows-off-bravely-default-features-with-a-handy-overview-video/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – a new video showing off the game’s main features.
Bravely Default: For the Sequel is like a demo for Bravely Default 2 (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/06/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-is-like-a-demo-for-bravely-default-2/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – what kind of improvements will we be seeing? Producer Tomoya Asano talks all about these and how the idea began, in an interview featured in this week’s Famitsu magazine.
Website (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/bdfts).

Grimoire
16th Sep 2013, 18:35

New Bravely Default already has over 80% of fan feedback implemented (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/13/new-bravely-default-already-has-over-80-of-fan-feedback-implemented/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – after the release of Bravely Default, Square Enix got busy compiling a list of 100 questions and suggestions for their next game. A number of these have been implemented in the Bravely Default sequel.
New screenshots (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/10/bravely-default-screens-show-off-the-new-graphical-improvements-and-story-events/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – Bravely Default screens show off the new graphical improvements and story events.

Grimoire
23rd Sep 2013, 21:16
Bravely Default

Bravely Default: For the Sequel debut footage shows new features, English scenes (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/17/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-debut-footage-shows-new-features-english-scenes/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – Producer Tomoya Asano and other key developers show off Bravely Default: For the Sequel’s additional features, along with a peek at a scene using the game’s English voiceovers.
Bravely Default: For the Sequel TGS 2013 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sFsfykMrSPg) (Final Fantasy Network (http://www.finalfantasy.net/)).
Hey, these trademarks (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/18/hey-these-trademarks-sound-like-future-bravely-default-games/) sound like future Bravely Default games (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – maybe not-so-coincidentally, Square Enix have trademarked Bravely Second and Bravely Third in Japan.

Grimoire
30th Sep 2013, 11:13
Bravely Default

Bravely Default intro trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-bXzIeZ-14w) – Nintendo has uploaded an introduction trailer for the upcoming European and North American release of Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies on their English YouTube channel.
Bravely Default: For the Sequel TGS 2013 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCg3IFGC2w4).

Grimoire
7th Oct 2013, 08:15

Release date (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/01/bravely-default-releases-europe-december-new-trailer-inside/) and character trailer (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – Bravely Default will be released in Europe on December 6, Nintendo announced this morning. Meanwhile, North America will get the game sometime during the first quarter of 2014.
Collector’s edition and art book (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/01/bravely-default-collectors-edition-art-book-headed-europe/) headed to Europe (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – Bravely Default will be available in Europe on December 6.

Grimoire
14th Oct 2013, 10:44

Bravely Default: For the Sequel completion time lowered (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/09/bravely-default-sequel-completion-time-lowered-70-30-hours/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – while the original version of Bravely Default would take about 70 hours to clear, For the Sequel's (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/bdfts/) completion time has been shortened to around 30 hours, as part of the game's improvements.

Grimoire
21st Oct 2013, 13:17

Bravely Default: For the Sequel screenshots (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/14/bravely-default-sequel-screenshots-9000-damage/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – do over 9,000 damage!
Dengeki survey (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/18/dengeki-readers-didnt-buy-bravely-default/) (Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/)) – here are some charts from Dengeki's questionnaire (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/732/732140/index-3.html), for people who’ve played Bravely Default and those who have yet to try it out.

Grimoire
22nd Oct 2013, 11:55
Bravely Default's "Bravely Second" feature added to help players finish the game (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/21/bravely-defaults-bravely-second-feature-added-help-players-finish-game/)
(Siliconera)
– "There's a chance that all the players could end up disliking it, so we really put a lot of thought into this one," says Bravely Default producer Tomoya Asano.

Grimoire
23rd Oct 2013, 22:50
Bravely Default English screenshots (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/23/bravely-default-english-screenshots-show-exploration-battles-story-scenes/) show exploration, battles and story scenes
(Siliconera)
– Nintendo of Europe have released a batch of brand new English screenshots for Bravely Default.

Bravely Default Deluxe Edition announced (http://www.finalfantasy.net/bdff/bravely-default-deluxe-edition-announced/)
(Final Fantasy Network)
– for European fans anticipating Bravely Default, Square Enix has revealed the Deluxe Edition set that will be available for purchase.

Grimoire
24th Oct 2013, 10:31
Someone in Japan spent $40,000 on Bravely Default (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/23/someone-japan-spent-40000-bravely-default-3ds/)... but not on the 3DS
(Siliconera)
– you might know someone who spent $100 or even more on a social game. Well, they have nothing on Mikuru, an avid player and blogger of Bravely Default’s browser spin-off, Bravely Default: Praying Brage.

Grimoire
29th Oct 2013, 20:21
Sound of Bravely (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/bdff/dramacd/)
– drama CD (http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SQEX-10413) and artwork (https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/394820168909479936/photo/1).

Bravely Default drama CD brings with it some stylish and risqué costumes (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/29/bravely-default-drama-cd-brings-with-it-some-stylish-and-risque-costumes/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default, much like Fire Emblem, is getting its own set of drama CDs, and the first one comes with a set of bonus costumes (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/bdfts/campaign-costume.html) for the game.

Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light bosses (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/30/final-fantasy-4-heroes-light-bosses-invade-bravely-default-sequel/) invade Bravely Default: For the Sequel
(Siliconera)
– Square Enix is bringing Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light’s bosses over in a crossover to Bravely Default: For the Sequel.

For the Sequel cover art (https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/q71/s720x720/1375964_601638006561575_1078376523_n.jpg).

Grimoire
6th Nov 2013, 15:53

Gameplay trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb84JDKzFTQ&feature=youtu.be)
– behold the world of Bravely Default for Nintendo 3DS in our brand new trailer!

Grimoire
7th Nov 2013, 21:49
Bravely Default to have more downloadable special bosses (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/07/bravely-default-downloadable-special-bosses-future/) in the future
(Siliconera)
– "We're currently thinking of a schedule to add more [bosses] even after the release of the game," says Bravely Default producer Tomoya Asano.

Grimoire
11th Nov 2013, 13:47
Bravely Default's Final Fantasy superbosses and new costumes detailed (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/11/bravely-defaults-final-fantasy-superbosses-new-costumes-detailed/)
(Siliconera)
– Lucifer has strong attacks that can hit the whole party like the sword swipe attack the Iron Giant from other Final Fantasy games uses.

Grimoire
14th Nov 2013, 02:52
Bravely Default reaches North America in February (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/13/bravely-default-reaches-north-america-february/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default will be released in North America on February 7th, Nintendo of America announced during a Nintendo Direct presentation this morning.

Bravely Default demo out now (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/13/bravely-default-demo-now-nintendo-eshop-europe/) on Nintendo eShop in Europe
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default is headed to Europe on December 6th, and this morning Nintendo of Europe released a demo for the game via the Nintendo eShop.

Grimoire
18th Nov 2013, 20:33
Bravely Default’s downloadable SP Drinks (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/18/bravely-defaults-downloadable-sp-drinks-european-version/) are in the European version, too
– Bravely Default’s downloadable “SP Drinks” that make the RPG a little easier will be available in the Europe version of the game.

Grimoire
19th Nov 2013, 13:43
Bravely Default’s downloadable SP Drinks (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/18/bravely-defaults-downloadable-sp-drinks-european-version/) are in the European version, too
– Bravely Default’s downloadable “SP Drinks” that make the RPG a little easier will be available in the Europe version of the game.

Bravely Default’s heroes (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/19/bravely-defaults-heroes-making-way-bravely-default-praying-brage/) are making their way to Bravely Default: Praying Brage
(Siliconera)
– Square Enix will soon be releasing Bravely Default: For the Sequel on Nintendo 3DS, but they haven’t forgotten about fans of Bravely Default: Praying Brage. they’ll be including codes for rare characters with the 3DS game.

Comic strips (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/754/754583/).
(Dengeki)

Special costumes artwork (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/754/754321/).
(Dengeki)

Grimoire
30th Nov 2013, 11:04
Bravely Default developers deeply moved by anticipation from west (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/29/bravely-default-developers-deeply-moved-anticipation-west/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default: For the Sequel is receiving stellar reviews from game critics, which appears to have taken its developers by surprise.

Grimoire
3rd Dec 2013, 12:18
This Week In Imports: Bravely Default (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/02/week-imports-bravely-default-returns-attack-titan/)
(Silconera)
– Bravely Default returns for Japan with Bravely Default: For the Sequel, which is basically the “International version” of Square Enix’s RPG since it has all of the upgrades in the Western version. Nintendo will release Bravely Default in Europe this week too (http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Bravely-Default-813488.html).

Grimoire
3rd Dec 2013, 21:58
Bravely Default DLC price announced for Europe (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/03/bravely-default-sp-drink-dlc-price-announced-europe/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default will be available in Europe this week, and Nintendo have revealed the price of the game’s downloadable “SP Drinks,” which allow you to power up in battle.

Grimoire
4th Dec 2013, 14:50
Bravely Default sequel, Bravely Second, announced for 3DS (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/04/bravely-default-sequel-bravely-second-announced-3ds/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Second, a full-fledged sequel to Bravely Default, is in development for the Nintendo 3DS.

Magazine scan (https://twitter.com/kazu4281/status/408211823230332928/photo/1/large).

Grimoire
5th Dec 2013, 13:17
Customization, world, dual audio (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/04/customization-world-dual-audio-bravely-default-trailer-bares/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default trailer bares it all.

Bravely Default, FF Tactics character designer leaves Square Enix (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/05/bravely-default-character-designer-leaves-square-enix/)
(Siliconera)
Akihiko Yoshida, who first joined Square Soft in 1995 to work as a character designer on titles such as Final Fantasy Tactics, has announced his departure from the company.

Grimoire
6th Dec 2013, 12:53
– released in Europe today (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Bravely-Default-813488.html)!

Bravely Default lets Japanese players transfer save data to For the Sequel (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/05/transferring-save-data-bravely-default-pretty-easy/)
(Siliconera)
– if you’re a Japanese owner of Bravely Default, you’ll be able to transfer over pretty much everything important from it to Bravely Default: For the Sequel.

Grimoire
9th Dec 2013, 20:25
Bravely Default characters are crossing into another game (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/09/bravely-default-characters-crossing-another-game/)
(Siliconera)
– Square Enix is further pushing Bravely Default with a crossover into Road to Dragons, an RPG made by Akiba’s Trip developer Acquire. Tiz Arrior and Agnes Oblige both show up in the game with different jobs.

Bravely Second’s new character is a devil buster from the Moon (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/08/bravely-seconds-new-character-devil-buster-moon/)
(Siliconera)
– this story takes place in Luxendarc several years after the Warriors of Light saved the world.

Bravely Second official website (http://www.jp.square-enix.com/second/).

moooka
10th Dec 2013, 06:21
I just got the game two days ago, it's so great!

Grimoire
10th Dec 2013, 11:17
You can complete Bravely Default without random encounters (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/09/can-complete-bravely-default-without-random-encounters/)
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default has random encounters, but if you’d rather not deal with them at all, you don’t have to.

elvesofmagic
10th Dec 2013, 20:10
Hi,

Does anybody also having problems with the nemesis fights. Every time I defeat one or run away from it the game crashes and I'm back in the 3DS menu.

Grimoire
11th Dec 2013, 10:33
Bravely Second will have larger fields, more things to do (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/10/bravely-second-will-larger-fields-things/)
(Siliconera)
– this week’s issue of Famitsu brings more details on Bravely Second, the sequel to Bravely Default, currently in development for the Nintendo 3DS.

Bravely Default contains a trailer for Bravely Second, here it is (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/10/bravely-default-contains-trailer-bravely-second/)
(Siliconera)
– after the end credits, Bravely Default lets you watch a trailer for its upcoming sequel, Bravely Second.

Grimoire
16th Dec 2013, 20:41
Here’s who worked on Bravely Default’s English localization (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/16/heres-worked-bravely-defaults-english-localization/)
(Siliconera)
– Square Enix have shared a few details on the game’s English-language release.

Grimoire
17th Dec 2013, 23:04
Let’s just throw all The 4 Heroes of Light bosses (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/17/lets-just-throw-4-heroes-light-bosses-bravely-default-shall/) into Bravely Default, shall we?
(Siliconera)
– Bravely Default is getting even more bosses from Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.

ValereO
18th Dec 2013, 12:17
Me too, crashing after i try to flee a protected nemesis

Grimoire
21st Dec 2013, 12:41
Bravely Default and Legend Of Heroes producers on the struggles of making sequels (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/20/bravely-default-legend-heroes-producers-struggles-making-sequels/)
(Siliconera)
– this year, we’ve seen several JRPGs such as Bravely Default: For the Sequel, Conception II, and The Legend of Heroes. The producers of these three series discuss the struggles of designing sequels.

Grimoire
21st Dec 2013, 12:41
Bravely Second Jump Festa 2014 trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68DRtWZxBcs).