PDA

View Full Version : More men/units

Wilden
20th Jul 2005, 19:20
I was trauling through the pictured of imperial glory on IGN and found one of an early build of the game.

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/imperialglory_050404_003.jpg

If you look, you can see that the player is in control of 25 units of men, quite a bit more than the 18 (i think) we can use at the moment. So it is obvious that the game can handle alot more troops than has been allowed. Just thought you all might like to know.

Phillippe
20th Jul 2005, 21:22
You can through Mod's do this anyway, read P1,P2,P3 thingy, the first few posts cover this.

officerpuppy
21st Jul 2005, 01:58
Can you post the link to these threads your talking about? I was looking for them a few weeks ago but could not find them.

Cpt.HooK
21st Jul 2005, 07:37
They are all stickied i didn't see anything about changes unit sizes though maybe i missed it :confused:

Wilden
21st Jul 2005, 11:32
They are all stickied i didn't see anything about changes unit sizes though maybe i missed it :confused:
theres nothing that allows you to change the unit size, it just alloes you to increase the amount of units you can control.

monkeytart
21st Jul 2005, 11:33
that picture looks tempting :D

lol

monkeytart
21st Jul 2005, 11:44
perhaps the units in that picture did not start with the strengh in the official game?

ie. the picture might have an infantry in full strength at 40, while in our game its 60.

Cpt.HooK
21st Jul 2005, 11:52
file root - Game\gamemode\gestion\regals - DefRegalsGernerales

[b]MAX_TROPAS_TITULARES - Max troops allowed in a battle :)
Warning
Setting this high will cause system slowdown. IT also has creates a major problem when comming to troop deployment on the battle field. After you initial units are placed in the red starting box the other units are placed outside in on spot. so you might end up with 50 howiters in one spot .. :confused:

I am going to have a play around with this today :)

monkeytart
21st Jul 2005, 12:24
I am going to have a play around with this today :)
good luck!

ps. hope u can post the results of your experiment sometime! and if u can , perhaps u can tell us the best number to set it to! :)

Cpt.HooK
21st Jul 2005, 12:54
Well i've increased it to 70 and i don't see any difference i can still only put 4 generals in a province at a time and 1 is always backup :confused: i tryed it in quick battle and i have 3 more units than in the campagn 18 in total will try more later.

Wiltshire Tony
21st Jul 2005, 15:18
Looking at that old picture I wonder what the trumpet and bell were going to be used for?

Phillippe
21st Jul 2005, 22:48
I think its just test, trial, evaulate, rinse, repeat...