PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Inactive Players

MFDOOM4ever41
2nd Sep 2013, 04:53
This worked very well when I played World of Warcraft for over 5 years. Not once did I ever have a problem like this connecting to WOW, or really any other MMO. They need to implement auto-disconnections for anyone that has been inactive on the server for 15 minutes. I really think that the main reason why everyone is having an issue connecting is because people are leaving their game on all day because they are scared they will not be able to re-log in when they get back home to play. The servers are always full and the same error is popping up for everyone because fools are staying online when they aren't even playing. Another possible fix is always keeping people in a queue no matter how long the position is, that way at least people know how long it is going to take them to log in. Don't just kick people back out to the start page and make them constantly keep trying to log in again, even WOW always had a queue that took forever on high populated servers, but at least you had an idea of when you can play and you can go take care of things until than.

Lilianae
2nd Sep 2013, 10:45
Agreed x a million. I don't care if my queue is 30 minutes or an hour... as long as I can do something for that time besides clicking buttons trying to get in the entire time. And queue times wouldn't be so ridiculous if people who aren't even actively playing weren't taking up valuable space on the server!

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 10:50
This topic has been posted so many times already and it's becoming tiresome, there is a SEARCH function on the forums which people should try using instead of creating yet more posts covering the same old conversations.

I'm not directly having a go at this topics creator, you just happen to be at the top of the forum listing at the moment.

Yes we all know they should have a AFK kicker but as also stated in the multiple duplicate threads, this can be easily circumvented by PC users using macros etc which would move their character every so often. It's not hard to make your character jump every 5-10 mins etc so it still wouldn't solve the issues.

TheRealKraggy
2nd Sep 2013, 11:11
This worked very well when I played World of Warcraft for over 5 years.
No it doesn't it fails abysmally, as a cursory look at the WOW PVP forums and the endless complaints about PVP AFKers amply demonstrates.

It also didn't work in Rift when it switched to F2P back in June and the servers got flooded, Rift has had an AFK Kicker since day one, it was removed for a long time till the F2P launch when it was re-applied: the servers got overwhelmed.

It's a placebo, it doesn't work, anyone who wants to defeat it can do so with a simple piece of cardboard for many games, for others a quick 'G' keyboard macro or other such system is all you need .. or simply download an 'afkbot' of your choice.

It is NOT the solution to the problem of over-subscribed servers, which is what is TEMPORARILY happening: if a game survives only due to AFK kicking as a permanent solution it hasn't long to live.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 11:17
Even if they were using a AFK system it would only generally affect PS3 users since you can't really do a 'spam XX button' macro on the console, but could still be beaten by a rubber band around the analogue stick making your character run in circles or against a wall (I used this method to max my sneak skill on Skyrim lol).

TheRealKraggy
2nd Sep 2013, 11:25
Precisely, even servers that try to analyse input to try to detect anti-AFK activity are easily defeated because some perfectly legitimate actions players can take for a long time are pretty simple: and if the detector tries to use a 'travel map' to detect auto-looping, well you use a bot that's programmed to deal with that, but to my knowledge there's only one MMO that tries that hard to detect AFKers, needless to say anyone who really wants to AFK easily does so.

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 11:42
Agreed x a million. I don't care if my queue is 30 minutes or an hour... as long as I can do something for that time besides clicking buttons trying to get in the entire time. And queue times wouldn't be so ridiculous if people who aren't even actively playing weren't taking up valuable space on the server!

Used macro to try logging in... Not a single queue appeared after 2 hrs (thankfully I was in other games while the macro was running).

The queue system is ****ed, the afk system is ****ed. So many people boasting of being level 50 or higher cos they didn't log out and were lucky enough not to get kicked from server. It's been more than 30 hours since the server very nicely booted me while I was in a dungeon. I can't even fricking see my character!

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 12:03
It's been more than 30 hours since the server very nicely booted me while I was in a dungeon. I can't even fricking see my character!

I've had this and is why I created a 2nd character on a JP server so no matter what (unless everything goes down) I can play. Yes I understand people wanting to max their main toon but I'm happy to just play regardless

pimhead
2nd Sep 2013, 12:16
so sucks that they didnt expect so many people should of had a back up plane ready to be played just in case it did happen well cause it realy did happen

pimhead
2nd Sep 2013, 12:18
I've had this and is why I created a 2nd character on a JP server so no matter what (unless everything goes down) I can play. Yes I understand people wanting to max their main toon but I'm happy to just play regardless
i cant even play on my other toon lol and my main is on a jp server and my off is on a na server lol

pimhead
2nd Sep 2013, 12:23
i realy thingk its glitched on error 1017 pressed start now thats all it says i exit game same thing.......? wtf

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 12:34
i cant even play on my other toon lol and my main is on a jp server and my off is on a na server lol

Never reyt mate, why they bundled both the NA & EU servers together (in bloody Canada) is beyond me. I've seen a lot of people from the states who say that the majority of MMO's have east and west coast servers for the US. The EU ones should be in the EU, this way then there would be 3 areas people could try but if the poo Canadian centre fudges up then the entire of the gamerbase outside of Japan is stuffed.

pimhead
2nd Sep 2013, 13:05
bah where im from there aint even a server. aka australia danm those laws thats why im on a jp server cause there aint a au server

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:11
Ah that makes sense, I've seen a lot of Aussies say they use the JP servers for best results. It does feel like Australia is the forgotten world of gaming and you pay over the odds for games, and then there's the whole R18 debarkle! I go on the AU Kotaku site all the time as for some reason it's the only one my work PC doesn't block access to!

KyotoKisses
2nd Sep 2013, 13:40
My main is in JP, and I can't even load ****. Sigh... All I managed to do was log in for like 10 minutes, get 1/2 a bar (to level 15), and bye bye again. Staring at my stealth char.

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 13:48
Inactivity timers will not be 100% reliable, but they do not need to be, they merely need to be reliable enough that players stop thinking that that they need to leave their characters logged into the world 24/7. Not everyone has a Logitech G series keyboard, or its equivalent, so not everyone has the ability to create keyboard macro's that prevent auto logout after x minutes of inactivity. Personally I believe that any reduction in the number of players logged into the world would be a good thing.

I logged into the game earlier, and saw that 11 people from my guild were online, however all but me were actually afk and had been for many hours, I know that some of them were unable to get to play in the last day, so that would mean their character has been in the world afk for a very long time.

Perhaps they should start rolling 6 hours restarts for each server. By doing this by server, rather than all at once, they lower the impact on the login servers...

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 13:56
You don't need to have any fancy keyboards to avoid an AFK kicker, like was mentioned further up this thread you can beat it with easily obtained bot programs for PC users or you could get one of those 'bobbing bird' things that would just keep hitting a single key on your keyboard. Also I mentioned that you could easily avoid an AFK on the PS3 with the use of a rubber band on your joypad.

As for 6hr server restarts, are you frikking mental?! As if people weren't getting frustrated enough already you would want a system that boots everyone every 6 hours?! That'll never happen and would make things worse!

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 14:08
You don't need to have any fancy keyboards to avoid an AFK kicker, like was mentioned further up this thread you can beat it with easily obtained bot programs for PC users or you could get one of those 'bobbing bird' things that would just keep hitting a single key on your keyboard. Also I mentioned that you could easily avoid an AFK on the PS3 with the use of a rubber band on your joypad.

As for 6hr server restarts, are you frikking mental?! As if people weren't getting frustrated enough already you would want a system that boots everyone every 6 hours?! That'll never happen and would make things worse!
How would it makes things worse? The servers are full because of the number of players in the world. A very large percentage of those players are afk for extended periods of time. Rolling restarts would result in less 1017 errors, If the choice is login every 6 hours, or spend hours trying to login, fail and being faced with 1017 errors, I know which one I would choose....and it most certainly would not be the latter.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:12
How would it makes things worse? The servers are full because of the number of players in the world. A very large percentage of those players are afk for extended periods of time. Rolling restarts would result in less 1017 errors, If the choice is login every 6 hours, or spend hours trying to login, fail and being faced with 1017 errors, I know which one I would choose....and it most certainly would not be the latter.

Have you seriously got nothing better to do than spout nonsense? So take all the current registration and log on rage on the internet right now and then add the fact that people finally get on and start going through a dungeon (which can take over an hour) and they get right to the boss and then BOOM, your stupid 6hr reset comes into effect. So registration and log on rage would be nothing compared to the rage of that!

If you'd chose to get booted every 6 hours even if you're in the middle of doing something then you sir should be in a padded room...

cav0802
2nd Sep 2013, 14:17
hi i have just bought this game, and i just can't entry in the game because every time there are some problems with the server.......it's normal? how can i do?

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 14:24
Have you seriously got nothing better to do than spout nonsense? So take all the current registration and log on rage on the internet right now and then add the fact that people finally get on and start going through a dungeon (which can take over an hour) and they get right to the boss and then BOOM, your stupid 6hr reset comes into effect. So registration and log on rage would be nothing compared to the rage of that!

If you'd chose to get booted every 6 hours even if you're in the middle of doing something then you sir should be in a padded room...
Would it be frustrating for a server to reset whilst doing a dungeon? Yes it would, though I say it should be easy to have system wide messages that announces the time of the next reset, so everyone would be in a position to see when it was occurring. I agree it would be frustrating, but I think it would be less frustrating than the 1017 errors. I know that there have been people in my guild that spent in excess of 6 hours attempting to login only to constantly get 1017 errors.

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 14:29
This worked very well when I played World of Warcraft for over 5 years. Not once did I ever have a problem like this connecting to WOW, or really any other MMO. They need to implement auto-disconnections for anyone that has been inactive on the server for 15 minutes. I really think that the main reason why everyone is having an issue connecting is because people are leaving their game on all day because they are scared they will not be able to re-log in when they get back home to play. The servers are always full and the same error is popping up for everyone because fools are staying online when they aren't even playing. Another possible fix is always keeping people in a queue no matter how long the position is, that way at least people know how long it is going to take them to log in. Don't just kick people back out to the start page and make them constantly keep trying to log in again, even WOW always had a queue that took forever on high populated servers, but at least you had an idea of when you can play and you can go take care of things until than.

Hey I totally agree when I have been Able to get on all I see is PC players boasting that they have been AFK for more than 11hours a time sort it out and get implements in place for kicking inactive players this is your problem not server over loads PC players remaining online all the time!!!

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 14:36
Final point I'm going to make on this as it's beginning to become a bore battling with total nonsense suggestions, server resets and AFK kickers are not the solution, more servers, increased server capacity and stable servers are the solution to all the XXXX error codes.

End of, Hippy out.....

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 15:41
Please sort this out as this is the main problem when I do get on the amount of people sat around the athernet is unbelievable not moving at all! PC players boast about being afk for more than 12 hours a time! I spent good money on this and want to play the game not sit here trying to login for hours which is what I am doing all the time get it sorted or give me a world move so I can move to the very bottom world where hopefully it's not full of afk PC players or do I need to get logged in and never turn off my play station it's becoming more than a joke now and this is a remake what a bismal effort so far thanks sq enix for bending me over but you forgot the lipstick lol. :mad:

WelshSpeed
2nd Sep 2013, 15:43
Do what i do get them killed it funny lol

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 15:45
In terms of this being a remake (or relaunch) then it's successful in the fact that they resolved everything that was wrong with the game world, quests and UI with FFXIV 1.0. Log on issues were not the reason 1.0 failed, so depending on your point of view this has been a very successful relaunch.

As with other posts about AFK kickers, this is not the solution (yes it doesn't help the current issues), what's needed is higher capacity servers and/or more servers and everything being stable.

midnightsnow
2nd Sep 2013, 15:54
In terms of this being a remake (or relaunch) then it's successful in the fact that they resolved everything that was wrong with the game world, quests and UI with FFXIV 1.0. Log on issues were not the reason 1.0 failed, so depending on your point of view this has been a very successful relaunch.

As with other posts about AFK kickers, this is not the solution (yes it doesn't help the current issues), what's needed is higher capacity servers and/or more servers and everything being stable.
yes server capacity is needed but it would help a little bit with complaints if they kicked the afk players for inactivity it would allow for more players that also payed for this game to be able to play ..the afkers are taking up space that someone else could be using to actually play

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 15:54

Right and this would be a big mistake on their part not implementing a inactive player kicking system which oh wait every other MMO game has tbh a general sweep of the athernets would help the situation as there seems to be most players sat there doing nothing again not a permanent fix but a step in the right direction! As for the remake this is basically &@&@ or bust game for them and tbh once again after MASSIVE beta tests still under estimated a launch of a game just like every other company does! How about over compensating for once and not under compensating

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 15:56
Not only that when I do eventually get on all I see if PC players just taking the pi$$ outta how they not even logged out since game launch! Wrong in so many ways

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Sep 2013, 16:01
I seriously can't be bothered to get into this again as it's getting very very tiresome now, but you do realise that people can easily beat an AFK kicker, for myself I could just use a rubber band around my PS3 pad, find myself a quiet corner and just keep running into a wall.

Also like I said it all depends on your point if view about the relaunch, as the game itself is near enough 100% better to play than 1.0 (so I have been told by 1.0 players), so log in issues aside, the game is a successful relaunch as they did what they set out to do by making the game better (if you can actually log in but that's not my point).

Sankotsu
2nd Sep 2013, 16:06

Yea lets add more to the servers. Instead of the servers holding 5000 people lets let them hold 10,000 people that way you'll never get anything done in game... We could also create more servers with the ability to transfer characters, cap those servers though so people don't go full retard. Also an afk kicker needs put in lol just too many fan boys will to take what SE dishes out. Personally i'd love a refund lol.

P.S. to beat afk runners you could also just at midnight to 1am do a server wide kick or wait till 3 to 4 am so they know people will be in bed for work or school the next day.

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 16:09
I seriously can't be bothered to get into this again as it's getting very very tiresome now, but you do realise that people can easily beat an AFK kicker, for myself I could just use a rubber band around my PS3 pad, find myself a quiet corner and just keep running into a wall.

Also like I said it all depends on your point if view about the relaunch, as the game itself is near enough 100% better to play than 1.0 (so I have been told by 1.0 players), so log in issues aside, the game is a successful relaunch as they did what they set out to do by making the game better (if you can actually log in but that's not my point).

Lol if you can't be bothered with the discussion any more then don't post lol the game is more playable without a doubt but the ridiculousness of the under compensation is beyond a joke and yes I could run in to a wall if I wanted to burn out my ps3 much quicker than it would normally so let's just have different worlds for ps3 and PC then problem solved on the afkers! But you see they can't do that as they want the cross platform gaming to be the future of gaming and tbh this is not the way forward then is it! Oh I have a idea lets launch a game that no ps3 players can play because of afkers on the PC lol mmmmmmmm joke

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 16:11
A kick at midnight or 3am would not solve any problems as they would just work around it and re log back in simples and then bam same problem! The only way that would work is if its random but then u pi$$ the people off in dungeons etc

Nangasaur
2nd Sep 2013, 17:04
This topic has been posted so many times already and it's becoming tiresome, there is a SEARCH function on the forums which people should try using instead of creating yet more posts covering the same old conversations.

I'm not directly having a go at this topics creator, you just happen to be at the top of the forum listing at the moment.

Yes we all know they should have a AFK kicker but as also stated in the multiple duplicate threads, this can be easily circumvented by PC users using macros etc which would move their character every so often. It's not hard to make your character jump every 5-10 mins etc so it still wouldn't solve the issues.Stop posting this same, tired response that is pretty typical of someone who is ABUSING the system and doesn't want it changed.

Even *IF* people circumvent the AFK kicker by using macros or mashing a key down with a piece of cardboard, not EVERYONE will do it. Even if it kicks 1 person out of 100 people who are sitting AFK, then it solves even 1% of the problem. ANY partial solution is better than NO solution whatsoever. Reality dictates, however, that since every other major MMO uses an AFK kicker, then it obviously solves the problem far more than you naysayers claim it will. If it doesn't solve anything, then the other games wouldn't use it. Comprende?

SOME solution is better than NO solution. So quit with your tired nonsense of, "but it won't fix anything!" We all know this is really your way of complaining to not get it changed because you are afraid you won't be able to abuse it anymore.

An AFK kicker is coming.

Sesho13
2nd Sep 2013, 17:08
Someone told me that the launch of FF11 was pretty disastrous as well. I wasn't around for that, but is that statement true?

Neijma
2nd Sep 2013, 17:13
Inactivity disconnection should at least be setup on SE employees, so after a 4 days sleep they can get back to solving problems they should have envisioned (but sleeping is not always the best thing to do). Brain Inactivity Disconnection would result in a 'you are fired', I know that sounds tyrannic, as are the subscription price and the current conditions.

I beg your pardon and ask for indulgence on my internal brain server failing to connect to the World.

Nangasaur
2nd Sep 2013, 17:27
Inactivity timers will not be 100% reliable, but they do not need to be, they merely need to be reliable enough that players stop thinking that that they need to leave their characters logged into the world 24/7. Not everyone has a Logitech G series keyboard, or its equivalent, so not everyone has the ability to create keyboard macro's that prevent auto logout after x minutes of inactivity. Personally I believe that any reduction in the number of players logged into the world would be a good thing.

I logged into the game earlier, and saw that 11 people from my guild were online, however all but me were actually afk and had been for many hours, I know that some of them were unable to get to play in the last day, so that would mean their character has been in the world afk for a very long time.

Perhaps they should start rolling 6 hours restarts for each server. By doing this by server, rather than all at once, they lower the impact on the login servers...You're absolutely right. The mere fact that an AFK kicker doesn't exist is what perpetuates the problem. It makes people abuse it even more, because they feel like they HAVE to stay logged in if they want to be able to play later. So, more people abuse it by going afk, making the problem worse, so more people abuse it, and the problem gets worse, so even MORE people abuse it...

...see where I'm going with this? If people didn't feel like they HAD to stay logged in because everyone else is doing it, then they wouldn't do it at all!

Neijma
2nd Sep 2013, 17:41
@Nangasaur: you are pragmatically saying that until Wednesday no one will ever be able to login. Unless she/he has a pile of luck sitting next to her/him on the sofa ... I understand it, but that's sad. Wasn't it predictable ?

What if people join forces and create an AFK Guerrilla Police ? get the AFK players killed, in-game. Would it help ? (I cannot answer since I never died in-game, nor do I have access to a single server)

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 18:12
@Nangasaur: you are pragmatically saying that until Wednesday no one will ever be able to login. Unless she/he has a pile of luck sitting next to her/him on the sofa ... I understand it, but that's sad. Wasn't it predictable ?

What if people join forces and create an AFK Guerrilla Police ? get the AFK players killed, in-game. Would it help ? (I cannot answer since I never died in-game, nor do I have access to a single server)
It would not help as the majority of people are afk in sanctuaries where they cannot be attacked.

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 19:09
A response would be nice 13hrs n stil not been abl to get past world fk ing full OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Menthis84
2nd Sep 2013, 19:12
Auto Logout after 30 min afk...thats ok...and this is needed

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 19:14
Tbh getting to the point when all I want is my money back for it and the extras I bought beyond a joke

bulldog2712
2nd Sep 2013, 19:16
i think this a case of most people are thinking if you cant beat the inactive player might has well join them
i have and staying logged in has long has i can took me 3 hr to log in this afternoon after error 90000 and kicked out
to be fare the servers should of been ready for this
and i dont blame them staying logged in why shouldnt they ,they have paid for the game

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 19:30
I have paid for it too so why should I sit here twiddling my thumbs hoping to just get a character logged in and play he game

bulldog2712
2nd Sep 2013, 19:41
its every man for himself im afraid thats what this world is now
it all boils down to se not been ready for the ammount of people
see if this issue gets resolved in a week or so , we have to give them a chance

and keep mashing that log in button lol
1017 over and out

Hejjin
2nd Sep 2013, 19:56
its every man for himself im afraid thats what this world is now
it all boils down to se not been ready for the ammount of people
see if this issue gets resolved in a week or so , we have to give them a chance

and keep mashing that log in button lol
1017 over and out
Well one good thing has come out of this debacle, Funcom have now officially lost the title of Worst MMO launch for Anarchy Online. As bad as the game was at launch, at least your could get in to play it.

Digglerforce
2nd Sep 2013, 20:30
I give Up tbh guys eu servers there one min then gone when I click start again even after a message about queued players

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 07:38
Stop posting this same, tired response that is pretty typical of someone who is ABUSING the system and doesn't want it changed.

how about you get your facts straight, I have NEVER and will NEVER stay logged in to the game!! I log out everytime I'm done and get faced with the same problems everyone else does, don't assume to know me or my activities! :mad:

Digglerforce
3rd Sep 2013, 13:57
The point in these forums when no one replies to them from SE wonder if they ever read them!

TemplarAlpha
3rd Sep 2013, 14:14
Well this is pointless argument! First all THEY SHOULD of put in a afk time! I have tried myself and the world's are still full of AFKer's! Yes they also should of had more of a cap BUT come on people AFK kick WILL HELP! Every one knows that! I am NOT GOING TO WAIT JUST TO LOG IN so I can play when people CAN AND SHOULD be KICKED!

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Sep 2013, 14:49
The point in these forums when no one replies to them from SE wonder if they ever read them!

Of course no one from SE is reading (or paying attention to or replying to) these posts because they are all in relation to all the log in issues or whatever else technical issues people are posting about and as stated many times by many people, this is the PUBLISHER forums and they have absolutely nothing to do with resolving technical problems. Only SE employees over at the DEVELOPER forums would be paying attention and/or replying to people.

All this rage is misdirected......

n.b. I'm not saying people WILL get a response over at the developer forums but if people really want SE (or more specifically the development team of FFXIV) to at least take notice then posts should be made over there, but again I'm also aware some people cannot log in there because they have no valid character data. My point was only to say all the demands/requests/queries/general rage posted on these forums is misdirected.

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 13:49
I can't believe this you know, so everyone was kicking off like babies demanding SE implement an AFK kicker, they have done exactly that with the latest maintenance which has brought in a 30min limit before you get kicked. So I wander over to the Lodestone forums and now there are several threads demanding they remove the 'feature' :rolleyes:

I couldn't contain the urge to facepalm after reading all that, you just can't please some people can you?! lmao

Personally I think 30mins is more than adequate to be away from the game and as previously stated this is easily avoided with macros etc. Unless you have severe constipation, toilet breaks aren't going to take that long are they?! hahahaha

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 13:54
DPS queues for dungeons can go well over the 30 minute mark.

Running around doing other things is all well and good but the dungeons require someone to be stood at the entrance.

I have to admit that not everyone was asking for an AFK kick so not much point in mocking those that didn't want it in the first place and want it removed.

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 14:02
What part of my post was mocking? I simply stated that people complained there wasn't a feature and are now complaining that there is?

As for dungeons requiring someone to be stood at the entrance, that's nonsense since you can launch the duty finder from anywhere.

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 14:23
I stand corrected on the entrance part, I misread something and reread.

As for the mocking part....

So I wander over to the Lodestone forums and now there are several threads demanding they remove the 'feature' :rolleyes:

I couldn't contain the urge to facepalm after reading all that, you just can't please some people can you?! lmao

Personally I think 30mins is more than adequate to be away from the game and as previously stated this is easily avoided with macros etc. Unless you have severe constipation, toilet breaks aren't going to take that long are they?! hahahaha

I'll just leave that there.

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 14:27
Re-posting my post doesn't explain what you consider as me mocking people? Me facepalming because you can't please some people? Or the mention of toilet breaks? I just don't see the mockery in those statements. Unless you personally have bowel movement problems and you consider 30mins not enough time to do your business, then I'd understand you may feel mocked at that comment but otherwise......

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 14:38
People that didn't want the feature asked for it to be removed and you eye rolled, facepalmed and giggled.

That is mocking, fella.

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 14:47
The people that didn't want the feature are more than likely the people that wanted to stand there for hours on end while they slept or worked so of course they want it removed! Laughing at that isn't what I consider mockery, I didn't give a crap either way about an AFK kicker.

TBH you've just made this into something that it wasn't meant to be, my ultimate point is that you just can't please everyone can you! If you consider that mocking then woohoo for you, whereas for me pointing out someone posting about having to 'stand outside a dungeon' for over 30mins when you don't have to IS mockery. But I wouldn't sink so low as to use that kind of mockery would I :rolleyes:

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 15:08
Plus it wouldn't make a difference, I retracted and corrected myself .... mock away little buddy, mock away.

You may not have aimed your OP that way but that is how it came across. I was just pointing that out and you seem to want to turn this into a drawn out debate.

You say it wasn't aimed that way and that is fair enough but that is how it looks. Facepalming, eyerolling and little digs are all points of mockery whether you intend them to be or not.

You can't please everyone, you never can please everyone it's an impossibility. If the game came with a robo butler that cleaned up the house, threw cash around and cooked peoples favourite meals you'd get folk that would complain the food was cold, a patch of carpet was missed and it didn't dispense enough loose change.

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 15:12
I'll sum it up with this, which is for anyone and everyone that has complained so far, this is how the internet sees you ;)

I6xDLwjNQtU

Ltzee1
12th Sep 2013, 15:39
Hippy, I feel like you're really able to capture how "the internet" in all its hasty generalized glory views something. And I too could not resist the urge to face-palm--you do realize that your post is, amusingly, a....complaint....about complainers? :)

Hippy_Pickle
12th Sep 2013, 15:43
Ah, you've gotta love a good paradox :D

Ltzee1
12th Sep 2013, 15:46
Ah, you've gotta love a good paradox :D

Haha, Indeed.

Driber
12th Sep 2013, 17:48
So is this thread just about laughing at people who complain...? :scratch:

I know there are plenty of kiddies with serious entitlement issues out there who do post rather.... ahem "inappropriate messages" when not getting exactly what they want, but to generalize everyone like this is not appropriate and I consider that as flaming, which is against our TOU.

Also, have you considered that the folks who complain about the kicker might be different people than the ones who wanted the kicker?

So again, what exactly is the purpose of this thread? Because I've got an inclination to lock it after reading all of this...

Paleoak
14th Sep 2013, 15:53
It doesn't matter what you do, people will always complain :rolleyes: