PDA

View Full Version : vertex and pixel shader v1.1 problem

Starfish Prime
16th Jul 2005, 08:09
i've got this problem with lego star wars every time i try to run it i get the message "Fatal Error! Sorry, but your machine is unable to run this game. We require a graphics card which can support vertex and pixel shader v1.1. The game will now exit." i tried 3d analyze but something went wrong
could use some help from you guys :(

Starfish Prime
16th Jul 2005, 08:11
btw my graphics card is nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400

ibda12u
16th Jul 2005, 18:47
None of the Nvidia MX line cards will work. I tried :) I even looked for ways to update the firmware and make it happen. But what I found out, is There actually is no Pixel Shader Chip on the MX Line of cards. Trust me the only solution is to get an Upgraded Video Card. The cheapest method is to get a Nvidia FX 5200 for about $55. Once you get that card make sure you follow these directions about your driver version, because even with a compatible card the newest nvidia drivers 77.72 cause it to give a d3d error.

See this article below regarding the nvidia ver 77.72 driver.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
When trying to start Lego Star Wars I receive an error stating "Failed to created d3d device. Application will now exit."
There are 2 possible causes for this error to occur. The most common cause is your video card. If you are running an video card which does not support Hardware Transform and Lighting (TnL) or Pixel Shader v1.1, then Lego Star Wars will not run. You will need to upgrade your video card to a model which support both Hardware TnL and Pixel Shader v1.1.

The other possible cause is your video card driver. If you are running an Nvidia video card with the latest driver version (77.72), then Lego Star Wars will crash with the "Failed to create d3d device" error. You will need to download and install the previous Nvidia driver to run this game. The link below will take you to the download page for Nvidia's previous driver version 71.89. Download it and install it per the instructions on the download page. Click the link :Driver Installation Hints Document". Once you have installed the 71.89 version, Lego Star Wars should run.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said the None of the MX line of Nvidia cards have the pixel shader chip, and are not able at all to run the game.

yesmaybe
14th Dec 2006, 08:34
I am trying to get around this Pixel Shader v1.1 problem and have been told I should buy a GE Force 7300. However I didn't exactly trust the sales person (and the box is all in Chinese) so wanted to make sure. It will cost me Euro56 (about 37 quid).

However the Nvidia com site (http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_7300.html) doesn't refer to Pixel Shader v1.1 compatibility.

By the way, where can I find out what my existing video card is, using XP device manager? I have found display adaptors, video controllers and loads of stuff. Which is my video / graphics card? Maybe 'Radeon 9200 Pro'?

Thanks,
yesmaybe

Mike_B
14th Dec 2006, 09:58
It has shader model 3 so it also supports 1.1.

brucedal
21st Jan 2007, 14:47
I ran the system test and go these results.

CPU
Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: 1 Ghz
You Have: 1.99 GHz
PASS

System RAM
Minimum: 256 MB
You Have: 1023.4 MB
PASS

Operating System
Minimum: Windows 2000/XP
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible Video Card with Pixel Shader Support
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (GeForce FX 5500)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Video RAM: Required - 32 MB , You have - 256.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 0.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.9371 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version
Minimum: 9.0 (included)
You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio PASS

Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.12.1.3044 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 1.5 GB
You Have: 76.9 GB
PASS

CD
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-117 PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

All indications from NVIDIA, prior Eidos Postings, and from the LEGOs Star Wars II game itsself suggested that an FX series game should be adequate and support Pixel Shader 1.1. I reverted to the suggested Driver. I downloaded the Analyze program. What bat/exe do you run it against? Thanks for the help!!!:mad2:

praline
4th Jun 2008, 09:24
u can emulate pixel shader. Heres a link

Reabo.co.uk (http://reabo.co.uk/_tutorials/legostarwarsproblem.aspx)