PDA

View Full Version : Spanking new 'Tomb Raider Legend' artwork

MissLara2U
15th Jul 2005, 23:59
Enjoy!

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_screenshots_08/screen1.jpg

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_screenshots_08/screen2.jpg

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_screenshots_08/screen3.jpg

M.

www.tombraiderchronicles.com
www.tombraiderforums.com

Trinity34
16th Jul 2005, 00:05
Is TRC & TRF online? Says "page cannot be displayed" but I can get to the Eidos forums ok.

MissLara2U
16th Jul 2005, 00:09
Sorry. We're getting hammered atm. Try again in a while.

M.

traiderspy
16th Jul 2005, 00:11
ooo yea I got those also in the mail :thumbsup: :D

MissLara2U
16th Jul 2005, 00:54
Forgot to mention the good news...

Next week we’ll be updating the official www.tombraider.com with some new goodies for July (screens, fan art, concept art, and a Q&A with Toby Gard).

:)

CatSuit&Ponytail
16th Jul 2005, 06:57
Isn't she pretty! :)

Maybe her leap is different than her jump, style wise, as the second picture has her with only one arm outstretched, which is a new trick...

imported_Mark_
16th Jul 2005, 14:53
I knew we'd get an update this month! As you can see, the "rumor" was real, although when SCi acquired Eidos, they had to integrate the Eidos game list to the SCi game list, so they probably delayed the update while they were building their strategy again. IMO.

Did anyone pay attention to the quality of the textures? :eek:

It seems they have changed the grenades mesh. It was a simple sphere before, and now the have modeled the shape of a real grenade. :D

But Lara still looks brighter than the environment. That's not natural. Crystal should fix that.

Johnny
16th Jul 2005, 16:36

Next week we’ll be updating the official www.tombraider.com with some new goodies for July (screens, fan art, concept art, and a Q&A with Toby Gard).

GOOD NEWS INDEED!!! :D:D:D Thanx, MissLara2U. :)

Sophia Leigh
17th Jul 2005, 03:41

YAY!!! :thumbsup: :)

Eckhardt
18th Jul 2005, 09:34
But Lara still looks brighter than the environment. That's not natural. Crystal should fix that.

Well she's a star :D

star girl
18th Jul 2005, 13:12
But one problem I see in the pics.... NO BRAID!!!

A simple pony tail???

That's not our Lara!!

Anyway, love her hanging style though.

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th Jul 2005, 15:11

A simple pony tail???

That's not our Lara!!

Really? :( So a woman can't change the way she does her hair from day to day unless she wants to lose her friends and family? I'm not getting all my Memos!! :eek: :D

Acceber
18th Jul 2005, 17:55
Isn't she pretty! :)

Maybe her leap is different than her jump, style wise, as the second picture has her with only one arm outstretched, which is a new trick...

Or... maybe it's like that very long AOD jump where she kind of paddles herself through the air.....

That may be how I remember it and not actually real.

Maybe she was just off balance on her take-off. :D

Johnny
18th Jul 2005, 18:18

A simple pony tail???

That's not our Lara!!

Anyway, love her hanging style though.

I hated the new "simple" ponytail as well, but it's grown on me and I think Lara looks so purtty with it... ;)

WraithStar
19th Jul 2005, 14:59
In some of the screenshots on the official site, she does have a braid. I guess at different stages of the game she changes her hair like she changes her outfit :) By the way, I'm replaying Chronicles and the level of detail on her braid is so low that she might as well have a pony-tail so I don't see what the big deal is :p

Sophia Leigh
20th Jul 2005, 00:52
Hair loose, pony tail or plait regardless, it's still Lara. Did people get upset when Lara's hair style changed from TR1 to TR2? :eek: As long as she doesn't crop it all off or grow a mow-hawk I don't care :) .

WraithStar
20th Jul 2005, 16:00
Personally I think short hair would make more sense. In the games so far, part of my mind was just waiting for her braid to get caught in some gears or for a bad guy to grab her hair or something like that... :rolleyes:

SMSL
20th Jul 2005, 16:10
The braid is cool, one might actually see Lara using it as a weapon, one day, kung-fu movie style "Eeeeee-haaaaa!". :D

Just kidding, eh!

I actually like to see her with the ponytail, it looks more casual, though that concept art with Lara with the hair on the lose, grabbing a rope, Tarzan style, isn't bad at all also... I can almost hear her screaming the Tarzan scream "Ooooaaaaoooooaaaaooooaaaaaaaooooo!"

Ok, I'll stop now. :o

imported_Mark_
20th Jul 2005, 16:37
LOL! :D

Welcome back SMSL!! :)

SMSL
20th Jul 2005, 17:00
Thankies! Thankies! I've missed you guys too much! :)

imported_Mark_
20th Jul 2005, 22:06
Me too. I was wondering where did you get.

SMSL
20th Jul 2005, 22:23
I had to drop the net, not to waste the whole school year. It was only meant to be a couple of weeks, to catch up on the subjects, but things got complicated. :( Even so, I probably only made 1 subject out of 3. And other stuff got complicated too and required my attention. Anyways, monday was my last exam, so, yesterday I fully returned to net life, eheheheh! :D

... and looks like I didn't lose the habbit on taking topics off-topic, eh! :o Sorry, folks. ;)

Sophia Leigh
20th Jul 2005, 23:45
Hi SMSL, welcome back! :)

SMSL
20th Jul 2005, 23:51
Heya! Thanks! Nice seeing you too! :D

imported_Mark_
20th Jul 2005, 23:53
Let's move this to Gen Chat. We are going off topic. ;)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=504163

Nybis
21st Jul 2005, 08:11
I'm amazed that so many people are focusing on Lara's hair.

I just hope the gami will be as good as it lookes so far.