PDA

View Full Version : Frozen camera?

Emperor of the French
14th Jul 2005, 21:37
I'm not sure that this is a bug but more along the lines of my own personal unfamiliarity with the game, having just purchased it today.

But at any rate, occassionally (actually, half the time) the land battle camera seems to get stuck at the very beginning of the camera. Neither the arrow keys nor the mouse seems to generate any sort of camera response. The only sort of movement I can get is by clicking my units or using memory locations to move the camera to the unit's current position. Aside from that, all motion fails.

Has anyone experienced this problem or does anyone possess the means by which to rectify it? Much thanks in advance.

Mister Nock
15th Jul 2005, 08:07
I get minor problems with the camera.

I will be scrolling with the mouse, and suddenly it will freeze. Then I have to use the arrow keys to scroll to unfreeze it, then it works fine with the mouse again.

monkeytart
15th Jul 2005, 10:06
I'm not sure that this is a bug but more along the lines of my own personal unfamiliarity with the game, having just purchased it today.

But at any rate, occassionally (actually, half the time) the land battle camera seems to get stuck at the very beginning of the camera. Neither the arrow keys nor the mouse seems to generate any sort of camera response. The only sort of movement I can get is by clicking my units or using memory locations to move the camera to the unit's current position. Aside from that, all motion fails.

Has anyone experienced this problem or does anyone possess the means by which to rectify it? Much thanks in advance.
i had exactly the same problem as you, but after some experiments, i sorted it out. here are some suggestions:

first of all, this thing happens to me all the time, when it does, simply drag a box around and u can move ur camera again!

Cpt.HooK
15th Jul 2005, 13:25
The camera is very jerky for me in battle especially when i have large armies.

Emperor of the French
16th Jul 2005, 00:14
Thanks monkey tart. I also learned that after I start the battle, double-clicking my units to follow will also free up the camera. Dragging a box sounds better, though, since it'd let me place my units properly.

Thanks for the tip!