PDA

View Full Version : Marry off my Heir?

Kausten
14th Jul 2005, 02:15
How do i do that?

i just chose Absolute Monarchy and then got pop up saying i could now marry him off.. there was 2 buttons.. Diplomacy or continue..

As i dident know who to marry him off to i hit continue

But now i cant marry him off :(

Its the picture of holding hands in Diplomacy right? and thats greyed out so cant click it (tried) i also tried ending turn, hoping i couldent marry him off the same turn i changed government.. but no luck

Anyone able to help? :)

gbelle
14th Jul 2005, 03:25
Same thing happend to me. Must be a bug.

K1ler
14th Jul 2005, 06:26
Works nearly fine for me, but if I click on Marriage there is no country to marry my heir to. It is typical for this betaversion of IG. Yes I call it a betaversion, because it is far from being a full version of the game.

Mister Nock
14th Jul 2005, 08:10
Same thing happened to me, button is greyed out. I thought it must be because noone else has reached monarchy so there's noone to marry him off to. But then how come killer is able to click the button when there are no availble countries? Much strangeness. :confused:

Kausten
14th Jul 2005, 08:46
I was thinking maybe it was because no one else has Monarchy.. but should still be able to click it.. i can click on defense treaty button even if theres no one i can get one with

5/77 Armd
14th Jul 2005, 12:47
I've been wanting to ask that question for a while now and I kept forgetting!

I've noticed that every time my heir reaches marriage age the button is greyed out. So I would wait until next turn, still greyed out. After several turns however, the button becomes clickable but there is never anyone to marry your heir off to. Of course by the time your heir reaches maturity there are hardly any countries left in the game. Almost all the minors have been annexed which leaves a few majors that haven't been subjugated. This severly limits your choices. My guess is that the surviving nations are either democracies or have already married. These facts take most of the incentive out of going absolute monarchy, and I will probably go the route of dictator from now on.

PrinceMyshkin
14th Jul 2005, 13:20
5/77 Armd, will choosing dictatorship have any effects on the military hospital choice? can't remember if that's 2nd or 3rd era.

that's pro'lly the ONE major consideration.

K1ler
14th Jul 2005, 13:54
Another my opinon is that maybe everybody chose male heir like me. And it is logical that you can not mary two males. Now I have chosen a female heir and will see if it helps (Russia and Britain are on their way to monarchy).

5/77 Armd
14th Jul 2005, 14:25
Dictatorships and absolute monarchies are both autocracies, since military hospitals are reached at the end of the 2nd era, you can have the military hospitals with either one.

Nial
14th Jul 2005, 17:11
I play A. Monarchy almost exclusively. And I've never been able to marry off my heir. Not a real big deal, but irritating just the same.

K1ler
15th Jul 2005, 08:46
Yes that is another issue I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND. Why can military hospitals be build only under A. Monarchies and Dictatorships? And why the hell are they available so far in the tech tree?

Mister Nock
15th Jul 2005, 12:39
Another my opinon is that maybe everybody chose male heir like me. And it is logical that you can not mary two males. Now I have chosen a female heir and will see if it helps (Russia and Britain are on their way to monarchy).

Ha! That is an incredibly good point. can't believe noone else thought of it.

5/77 Armd
15th Jul 2005, 13:02
I would tend to think that the AI would randomly choose male or female heirs. I don't think the computer is biased towards men ruling the world--like I am.

Nial
15th Jul 2005, 17:24
I would tend to think that the AI would randomly choose male or female heirs. I don't think the computer is biased towards men ruling the world--like I am.

LOL :cool:

monkeytart
16th Jul 2005, 09:15
:) :) :) :)

Silent_Scope
19th Jul 2005, 18:56
you have to research it