PDA

View Full Version : The Most Amazing Thing About IG Is...

Queeg
13th Jul 2005, 02:55
That, to all appearances, it was designed, developed and published by ghosts! Beings of some apparent intelligence but no discernable earthly form.

And this place is just an old, empty house. Where we, drawn by shared curiosity, poke around through cobwebbed rooms, looking for some sign - any sign - of its mysterious owner. And we call into the shadows: "Hello! Is anyone there? Do you exist?"

Only to be mocked by the echo of our own voices.

Oh, how much longer must we - can we - endure this ghoulish torture?

Grandmaster
13th Jul 2005, 04:05
whats that from some book from H.P lovecraft, or smoking to much dope?

Queeg
13th Jul 2005, 04:26
Perhaps I was too subtle, so I'll rephrase:

Where the %&@#$ are the designers, developers and moderators?

Nial
13th Jul 2005, 14:29
*chuckle* I am getting a little impatient myself.

Phillippe
13th Jul 2005, 16:18
Try some spanish.

Cpt.HooK
13th Jul 2005, 17:04
It is strange that even though we have been told a patch is coming there is no say what so ever of what issues it will address.

Broadside
13th Jul 2005, 23:09
I gave up checking in here ages ago as the place is generally dead and there have been no substantial mods which change the underlying problems. Pyro killed their own game through lack of interest in the players - shame on them.

Queeg
14th Jul 2005, 03:23
Try some spanish.

Patch? Si or No?

How's that?

Mike_B
14th Jul 2005, 09:05
Patch? Si or No?

How's that?

Jaycw already posted in the Technical discussion forum that the patch was expected in Quality Assurance for testing shortly.

Queeg
14th Jul 2005, 14:47
That's pretty meager information. But thanks anyway.

By way of comparison, Crown of Glory, has been out barely two weeks, but a patch is underway and the designers have told folks what it will address. And they have actively discussed the game on the Matrix boards, answering questions and soliciting input. No one expects perfection, just communication.

So, can you tell us if it's possible to mod the unit stats. Si or No?

Nial
14th Jul 2005, 17:06
I have to agree with Queeg. We have been very patient. Some idea of when and what will be adressed would go along way to mollify our unease and doubts.

Queeg
14th Jul 2005, 23:41
Public perceptions of a developer's attitude about support really do matter. This was posted by a guy over on the Wargamer forum who is considering buying IG:

I'm worried because I've been reading that the developer doesn't seem to be offering a lot of support for this game. Not sure what the future roadmap of the game.

That's a shame. But it's hard to point to any concrete evidence to refute his perception.

Game communities are like gardens. They die mostly from neglect.

BFawlty
23rd Jul 2005, 04:36
"Game communities are like gardens. They die mostly from neglect."
Queeg that statement made my day! Was just cruising through to see if anybody in power here is giving info on the patch. Guess I'll see ya'll in a couple of weeks.

BF

Mike_B
23rd Jul 2005, 08:30
Was just cruising through to see if anybody in power here is giving info on the patch. Guess I'll see ya'll in a couple of weeks.

BF

I just posted info here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52034)

You might want to check out the technical discussion forum a bit more :)

Don't get discouraged by the name, it's actually meant as the general discussion forum whereas this is forum is for tactics, clans etc.