PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Benchmark

isnaiils
13th Jun 2013, 18:39
Well, to pass the time I've been running the benchmark exploration thingything. Not sure how I stack up against everyone else so I figured I'd make a thread. 1600 x 900, Score: 7025 Maximum
Seemed laggy with a lot of chocobos running around so I'm a bit worried :C

Phoenix_Down
13th Jun 2013, 20:03
Score:6309
Average Framerate:51.111
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: Maximum

Think I should be good :p, I'm sure you will be fine too!

monochromicorn
19th Aug 2013, 22:17
I was working on making my Roegadyn in the FFXIV benchmark and I was so proud of my work on my character that I took a picture of her with my phone and sent it to my friend. It now occurs to me that taking pictures might not have been allowed. I have since deleted the picture from my phone and I can ask my friend to do the same. I am just posting here to make sure that I did not do any thing wrong or break any rules.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated and if I did break any rules, I am very sorry.

BlazingSerenity
19th Aug 2013, 22:54
Since the benchmark is free for public use, there should be no NDA restricting taking screenshots or pictures with your phone and sending them to people.
Also, on the beta forums, the devs have announced, starting back with beta phase 3 (in June), that the NDA had been lifted for sharing screenshots.
I'd say you'll be just fine.

SageJMP
20th Aug 2013, 00:39
About the only thing square-enix warned against is uploading videos or streaming. Pictures should be fine.

SinisJecht
20th Aug 2013, 00:42
So basically I need some help, since the end of OB I've been running tests using the benchmark tool and other bits of software to drag the most out of my hardware. I've monitored my CPU and GPU closely and the results have me confused. This is my most recent benchmark :

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:20/08/2013 01:35:40
Score:8972
Average Framerate:80.569
Performance:Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1280x720
General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : High
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled
-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x16
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 850 Processor
8190.465MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460(VRAM 4050 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

The confusing part is when I run in 1080p I lose around 4000 points on the score,yet my gfx card performs exactly the same as the test above with regards to memory usage and stuff. Could anyone shed some light on this, as at first I thought it may have been a cpu bottleneck but the CPU remains stable between 60-73%

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 01:03
I am no expert in this matter, but it might have something to do with NVIDIA cards not being optimized for the game yet. This is a game that AMD got their hands on first, to my knowledge, and so NVIDIA hasn't had the time to work things out to make things smooth with their cards yet. Again, I'm not expert, just my thoughts on it.

SinisJecht
20th Aug 2013, 08:49
I am no expert in this matter, but it might have something to do with NVIDIA cards not being optimized for the game yet. This is a game that AMD got their hands on first, to my knowledge, and so NVIDIA hasn't had the time to work things out to make things smooth with their cards yet. Again, I'm not expert, just my thoughts on it. I guess that makes sense. I'm just kinda OCD about these things lol just really get into my head and it deeply annoys me hahahahah Bet I sound like a crazy person :P

SinisJecht
20th Aug 2013, 10:15
So after speaking to Nvidia via live chat, I am no further into discovering the issue, apart from what was suggested above. I know 80 fps in 720p is nothing to moan about,but it just bugs me about the difference in score with just a notch up on the resolution with the same amount of GPU usage ( which still confuses me as it should be more )

TinSparrow
22nd Aug 2013, 03:20
Have you guys used the benchmark program you can DL off the site to create any characters yet? It said the appearance can be used in the Benchmark AND the game, so Im hoping I can upload the appearance when its released? It would save me some time when I can actually play, Im quite picky when it comes to appearances in MMO's. :nut:

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:23
Have you guys used the benchmark program you can DL off the site to create any characters yet? It said the appearance can be used in the Benchmark AND the game, so Im hoping I can upload the appearance when its released? It would save me some time when I can actually play, Im quite picky when it comes to appearances in MMO's. :nut:

You can upload the appearances you save in the benchmark tool! So spend all the time you want customizing your character, just make sure when you go to make your character you check the box that says "Load Appearance Data" when you go to play during Early Access/Launch!

Dragoon6345
23rd Aug 2013, 04:08
So, I used the benchmark to see if my laptop would play FFXIV, and I only got up to 840 max with everything turned down as much as I can. I have updated my graphics card and everything, but I cannot seem to get it to play minimally on it. I could really use some help and advice on how to deal with this so I can play my Early Access.

YuriSensen
23rd Aug 2013, 06:28
Without knowing your specs, there is nothing I can really suggest, unless you feel safe customizing the parts inside of your laptop. From the look of your post as is, it seems like either your ram or your graphic card.... or cpu isn't up to the task of supporting this kind of game. Usually the graphic card now days.

Dragoon6345
23rd Aug 2013, 17:43
Thank you anyways.I recently updated my graphics card from the AMD website. I don't know much about computers, but my cousin told me that all my stuff is attached to the motherboard or something so I would have to replace it if I tried to change it. What is the recommended RAM size to play this?

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 17:46
4gb with x64 operating system 2gb with x32 operating system

SinisJecht
23rd Aug 2013, 17:47
Could you tell me what resolution you were trying to run it in?

Whippyice
23rd Aug 2013, 17:51
So, I used the benchmark to see if my laptop would play FFXIV, and I only got up to 840 max with everything turned down as much as I can. I have updated my graphics card and everything, but I cannot seem to get it to play minimally on it. I could really use some help and advice on how to deal with this so I can play my Early Access.

go to run, type DXDIAG, copy all the information from all the pages and paste them into a comment down below please

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 17:55
Your computer cant run the game just by the number you got , I have a older model computer and still cranked over 7000 on the benchmark thing. So 840 is beyond low. I wouldn't waste my time trying without a new computer or at least a better one.

DrasticMeat
23rd Aug 2013, 18:34
It sounds like your laptop does not have a dedicated graphics card and it's using some cheap Intel chip set that is only designed for running 2d programs that do not require any real GPU capabilities .... make sure that if you purchase another laptop, you clearly understand the details of the laptop and it clearly states that it has some kind of Nvidia or if you prefer it for some reason, Radeon graphics card inside, or you will come up very short, no matter how much you pay.

If buying a new laptop, or desktop is possible, and you want suggestions, then by all means use this forum. I'm sure there are a great many who would take time to point out some suggestions. However, to find something tonight/by tomorrow, you would need to go somewhere like Bestbuy to find anything remotely good. Otherwise, you are going to be waiting on delivery times.

Mallust
23rd Aug 2013, 18:38
Don't got to Best Buy look up a Computer Store that build units you can get a much better computer for most of the time cheaper then you can from Retail Stores and it will run your games way better. Just a suggestion.

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 02:54
I have a computer, but I want it to run faster. It's black. It makes "whrrrrrrr" sounds when I turn it on. Stuff comes on my screen. Please help me with suggestions.

give me a break.

Mallust
24th Aug 2013, 03:31
I have a computer, but I want it to run faster. It's black. It makes "whrrrrrrr" sounds when I turn it on. Stuff comes on my screen. Please help me with suggestions.

give me a break.

Squigibo be nice or go back to WoW LOL teasing.

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 14:58
Squigibo be nice or go back to WoW LOL teasing.

I know. It's because I'm level 2 tech support for a major banking firm. I get this stuff all day long and it's frustrating, because you WANT to help. But playing "Twenty questions" to get basic information out of people, it's like..... "My car is broken and can you help me, it's blue." People would get a much more focused and helpful response if they would provide at least SOME information. Sorry it was a long day of derp.

genmaruakiha
24th Aug 2013, 15:15
I know. It's because I'm level 2 tech support for a major banking firm. I get this stuff all day long and it's frustrating, because you WANT to help. But playing "Twenty questions" to get basic information out of people, it's like..... "My car is broken and can you help me, it's blue." People would get a much more focused and helpful response if they would provide at least SOME information. Sorry it was a long day of derp.

Doesn't help the fact, at least act professional if you do computer support for a living; anyone with a job can relate to that- some people just don't know how to ask a question is all. No need to get all pissy for the reasoning you just posted.

Squigibo
24th Aug 2013, 19:30
tell you what, pay me $25 bucks and hour to play twenty questions and I'll sit here all day long answering moronic questions.
Tell you what, I'll give you $100 if you can guess the contents of my pockets. Here's a hint, I'm wearing shoes.

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 05:57
msi mb, fx 6350 cpu, gtx 570sc, 8gigs ram, ssd, bla bla bla
just ran the benchmark
12734 with custom( everything maxed)
that good?

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 05:58
ima run it again to see my framerate

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 06:06
average frame rates is 98.198

Senzjo
25th Aug 2013, 07:37
kinda happy that this engine supports tri mon setups ^^

6040x1080 maximum setting avg FPS 74.739 :3

i guess i can play FFXIV pretty nicely XD

Tested on:25/08/2013 09:32:24
Score:7479
Average Framerate:74.739

Screen Size: 6040x1080
General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 8 64 bits (6.2, build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
32711.531MB
2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690(VRAM 4000 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 07:42
so i relized u gotta do it full screen,,, the gtx 570 is holding me back*(
Tested on:8/25/2013 12:33:52 AM
Score:3263
Average Framerate:26.718
Performance:Fairly High
-Capable of running the game on default settings. Consider switching to a higher resolution depending on performance.

General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor
8140.055MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570(VRAM 4049 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:3263 1280x720 Maximum AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Senzjo
25th Aug 2013, 07:55
you could also run it in borderless window ;) in some cases it will boost the fps a bit :3

I see that you are running the 320.49 drivers., i would update em to the latest gaming release (326.80) they are a seriously good set and it includes the lastest physx aswell.

bulldog2712
25th Aug 2013, 08:41
how can this be everything maxed when you have custom settings
should read maximum
now do it with maximum settings

bulldog2712
25th Aug 2013, 08:48
my score
Tested on:25/08/2013 09:47:48
Score:12121
Average Framerate:111.372

General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
8092.973MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770(VRAM 4038 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/?lang=uk

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score:12121 1920x1080 Maximum AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 21:04
oh what a little fine tweaking will do!

Tested on:8/25/2013 12:33:01 PM
Score:12506
Average Framerate:117.913

General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
8140.055MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570(VRAM 4049 MB) 9.18.0013.2049

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:12506 1280x720 Maximum AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Atrax80
25th Aug 2013, 21:08
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:5/25/2013 12:59:50 AM
Score:7363
Average Framerate:61.845

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 21:09
im gunna see about the new drivers, my 1st like 10 runs were me messing with the settings, i figured out everyone is doing it on max, so i did mine on max only 1080/720,,,,, and i got a low score, so last nite i stayed up late and clocked my 3.9ghz fx 6350 to a stable 4.4 ghz, ran a stability test for 5 hours, woke up and ran the arr benchmark again, i got a 12506 on max settings ;)

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 21:11
there u go bulldog2712,, max settings

amdalltheway503
25th Aug 2013, 21:56
thank you very much senzjo,,, my benchscore gave out some more with the new driver (326.80)

Tested on:8/25/2013 2:52:43 PM
Score:13244
Average Framerate:125.765

General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
8140.055MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570(VRAM 4049 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

thank you very much

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:13244 1280x720 Maximum AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

amarantine4
25th Aug 2013, 22:00
I got like 800 or less XDD , It was terrible! And I thought my laptop was not that bad, I could play wow last year without a problem... but oh well, I got my ps3 for a reason <3!

bulldog2712
25th Aug 2013, 22:05
there u go bulldog2712,, max settings

max is not 1280x720 do 1920 by 1080

bulldog2712
25th Aug 2013, 22:13
Tested on:25/08/2013 23:12:30
Score:15015
Average Framerate:149.445

bulldog2712
25th Aug 2013, 22:14
General

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 02:45
Tested on:8/25/2013 7:43:17 PM
Score:8408
Average Framerate:73.016

General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
8140.055MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570(VRAM 4049 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:8408 1920x1080 Maximum AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 02:46
still not bad

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 02:47
how do u like that 8core?

SinisJecht
26th Aug 2013, 02:50
Tested on:20/08/2013 13:03:46
Score:9045
Average Framerate:81.342

Tested on:20/08/2013 10:38:05
Score:5701
Average Framerate:46.541
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Done on a GTX 460. just ordered some new parts though so I should see a great improvement on that.

vastroots
26th Aug 2013, 04:16
Tested on:8/26/2013 12:10:49 AM
Score:10631
Average Framerate:93.116

General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16333.813MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti(VRAM 4095 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:10631 1920x1080 Maximum Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Jenksin
26th Aug 2013, 04:49
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score:8819 1920x1080 Custom AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 05:55
1920by 1080 people,,, lol

Gomly1980
26th Aug 2013, 09:25
Tested on:26/08/2013 10:22:50
Score:11993
Average Framerate:111.044

Screen Size: 1600x900
General
Shadows
Shadow Quality
Texture Detail
Movement Physics
Effects
Cinematic Cutscenes

bulldog2712
26th Aug 2013, 12:49
I got a fx4170 first did not rate them at all
but the fx8350 works great for gaming and just got the gtx 770 which goes well with the fx8350

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 20:41
i just upgraded from a fx 4300,, wasnt a bad cpu but when i had the chance for a 6core fx6350 and a new mb i couldnt pass it up, my next upgrade will be a new gpu and the 8core

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 20:42
im having a issue with the gtx570sc and 2 screens, ever sence yesterday when i got the new driver for it, i think im going back to the driver i had, my second screen is flickering now

amdalltheway503
26th Aug 2013, 22:01
stayed with new drivers! screens needed to be the same res lol

r0lfff
29th Aug 2013, 21:25
I scored around 13k on max settings 1080p. ( FFXIV benchmark)

I just don't like how some areas in the game gives me 20fps and below. (Playing released version at max 1080p)

Anyone else find this annoying?

Rancyz
29th Aug 2013, 21:27
Hey aren't you the guy on Adamantoise who just asked this question like 5 minutes ago xD. Anyways, I doubt benchmark considered FPS when it comes to over 9000 people in a Fate event spamming magic spells. I don't know what my score is, but I do fine with high graphic settings on 1080p. Max settings would lag me.

r0lfff
29th Aug 2013, 23:33
Lol yes! As I was messing with the settings, the client crashed so it kicked me out. :( Now I'm stuck in error 1017. So sad... :(

Rancyz
30th Aug 2013, 00:59
The game randomly minimizes, and when I try to open it back up, the game crashes and so I get kicked >_> .

r0lfff
30th Aug 2013, 01:10
It's both funny and sad. Anyway, I didn't know you're in my area when I was shouting the question. lol. I hope SE will fix this soon. I'll try my luck tomorrow around 5am. :))

Azusa-chan
30th Aug 2013, 01:13
Yeah I am getting nasty framerate on mine but I am sure its not my video card since I have a 660TI, I think its cause I am running it on 3 monitors
I am even running 2 in SLI mode, I am very disappointed

r0lfff
30th Aug 2013, 01:15
Does the game support 3 monitors?

Yeah I am getting nasty framerate on mine but I am sure its not my video card since I have a 660TI, I think its cause I am running it on 3 monitors
I am even running 2 in SLI mode, I am very disappointed

Azusa-chan
30th Aug 2013, 01:57
Does the game support 3 monitors?

yes it looks and works fine
http://i.imgur.com/XyYXiPV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NTbfJl6.jpg
or this extremely low quailty video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPHDWHmoxA

r0lfff
30th Aug 2013, 13:58
That screen space! :eek: Nice!

yes it looks and works fine
http://i.imgur.com/XyYXiPV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NTbfJl6.jpg
or this extremely low quailty video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPHDWHmoxA

Azusa-chan
30th Aug 2013, 14:05
That screen space! :eek: Nice!

`I highly recommend using surround if you can, the lag isn't that bad.
But a lot easier to keep windows on one screen without obscuring your view

Hippy_Pickle
30th Aug 2013, 14:06
If only! I've had to shrink all the HUD as it is as screen is a little crowded, most of us could only dream of a setup like that :(

r0lfff
30th Aug 2013, 14:38
I agree, re-sizing items in the HUD is the only way to save space. I'm only using a laptop so no surround for me. :( But yeah, it would be awesome if we can play in surround. :)

Hippy_Pickle
30th Aug 2013, 14:42
I have surround sound on my PS3 setup just not surround vision lol. I wonder if this is supported on the PS3? I know some games are like Gran Turismo 5 is but I'm sure that involved 3 TV, 3 PS3's (just like the youtube guy lol) and 3 copies of the game!

r0lfff
30th Aug 2013, 14:58
If you're gonna buy 3 copies of the game, it's not worth it. Just play on one screen. lol

I have surround sound on my PS3 setup just not surround vision lol. I wonder if this is supported on the PS3? I know some games are like Gran Turismo 5 is but I'm sure that involved 3 TV, 3 PS3's (just like the youtube guy lol) and 3 copies of the game!

Hippy_Pickle
30th Aug 2013, 15:11
I'm not that rich or daft lol, I was just wondering if the support was there for the option :)

Azusa-chan
30th Aug 2013, 15:56

it is specially called "surround' by NVidia only and eyefinity by AMD. But why would you want to connect to monitors when your on a console? OR even TV's it wouldn't work :whistle:
there is no resolution option on any console game so you couldn't.....
and I don't know how you would split a HDMI cable into 3

Squigibo
30th Aug 2013, 16:18

Does the PS3 have 3 video outbound ports?

Azusa-chan
30th Aug 2013, 17:22
Does the PS3 have 3 video outbound ports?

AV and HDMI but only 1 will work at the same time

Connort226
2nd Sep 2013, 13:36
Hi guys today i downloaded the official FF14 Benchmark test
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/en/index.html

However it only recognises my integrated graphics card, and not my Nvidia Geforce 315m

Does anyone know the solution

P.S for anyone wanting to know what mark i got using my Integrated card i got 1775
Using the standard laptop setting. But using 1366x768 resolution

Thanks in Advance

bulldog2712
2nd Sep 2013, 13:37
cant you disable the on board graphics in bios

Connort226
2nd Sep 2013, 14:02
i'm not sure how do i do that