PDA

View Full Version : How do you annex a territory?

Taka29
12th Jul 2005, 08:44
Hey..fellows I have a biggest question about the annexation in this game. I am a veteran in TW games but the IG seems very different to the conventional Total war games where you just move your chass and if you win the battle then the land belongs to you. But, IG is a totally different story because I steped my army onto one territory which was annexed by France earlier on and I moved my British army onto it and it doesn't work even if I stay there for over 3 turns. So, I am just wondering do I have to completely annex the France capital before I can take control of its territory?

Help here..THANK you everyone!!!! :D

PrinceMyshkin
12th Jul 2005, 10:38
do the opposite, conquer all BUT paris. then get peace.

leave the caps for later. taking them robs you of any trade AND you have to keep troops there and they big5 caps NEVER become fully annexed.

masteradnin255
12th Jul 2005, 20:22
Yeah, you cant annex GB, France, Austria, Prussia, and Russia, so leave 'em there for trade like the last person said,

5/77 Armd
12th Jul 2005, 20:46
I agree, I've been wiping out the major powers by me; by taking all their territories and anihilating all their armies in their capital. I then pull out and request peace. Now they have to start from scratch again and won't bother me for a long time, if ever.

As Austria, I now have all of Africa, and everything on the eastern half of the board (including all the central minor nations-a nice front line). Prussia exists only in their capital and I allowed Russia to retain Moscow so Sweden can't sneak attack me over the top of St. Petersburg. So all Russia has is their capital and their far northeastern province. Sweden is effectively bottled up since I have Denmark as well. This way I don't have to leave a garrison out in the eastern hinterlands-Russia won't dare attack me. Russia and Sweden are desperate for territory since they keep asking permission for movement in my territories--DENIED!!!

btw, I never liked how you can just skip across from Finland to Moscow, completely bypassing St. Petersburg. When I first started playing, I was perplexed as to how Sweden invaded me. I was Prussia and had Poland and all of Russia; Sweden declared war on me, which I laughed at and ignored (thinking how the heck are they gonna get at me) and then they ended up walking all over my Russian provinces. Not to worry though, I marched east and kicked their butts out of Russia taking Finland for my trouble!

Taka29
13th Jul 2005, 00:48
do the opposite, conquer all BUT paris. then get peace.

leave the caps for later. taking them robs you of any trade AND you have to keep troops there and they big5 caps NEVER become fully annexed.

OKi now..I have finally conqured France and its lands and territories are totally deserted..unusable :confused: what am I gonna do? give France back to its own people and station my troops on any of its territories?

PrinceMyshkin
13th Jul 2005, 01:45
no, just free paris and get a peace deal. those provinces will now give you people and resources. the main point being, that you can conquer territories, but until a peace is declared, those provinces remain unusable.

let them have that one measely province. near the end of the game, just take it back...