PDA

View Full Version : best cannon

masteradnin255
12th Jul 2005, 02:56
out of all the cannnons which do you think is the best? i, personnally, think that the congresive rocket and the horse drawn howetzer are the best...

Cpt.HooK
12th Jul 2005, 12:36
I'm like the 12 pounder the best it has a nice angle where it shoots over your troops heads and bounces though your enemies lines i only use horse drawn if i'm on the offensive.
Strangely i've never recruited horse drawn howitzers since i only use them for defence.

Nial
12th Jul 2005, 17:16
I also prefer the 12lb er because of the longer range. The skip or bounce factor increases the range significantly in my humble opinion.

masteradnin255
12th Jul 2005, 20:24
I never knew that the 12 pound cannon shot bounces, i have to try it, and yes i have never used it,

monkeytart
13th Jul 2005, 09:00
personally i love the horse drawn arties, because they are even better than 12 pounders and have a range of 143 :eek: ! 143 :eek: ! i also love the map of piedmont where all my units are horse drawn arties and i position them on top of the hill and beat the cr*p out of my enemy :D (i made my enemy all infantry :D ), then after they get too close i wait to be slaughtered :(

Cpt.HooK
13th Jul 2005, 12:36
I just use normal howitzers at Piemont line them up halfway down the hill and fire on the bridge :)

=V3=
24th Jul 2005, 04:25
Yeah, I agree with monkeytart, 12 pounders are my favorite, horsedrawn or not. I lost my faith in the howitzer when I saw the reduced range. Also, when I was playing the demo I had finished off all of the enemy forces, save the infantry in the farm house. So I decide to play around and just take my Howitzers up to pumle the building. I brought them within a few yards of rifle range (so, pretty darned close) close enough for my grenadiers in front of the battery to be hailed on by the enemy in the house. Unlimbered the guns and sat there for about 2-3 minutes watching my Howitzers miss every single shot (undershooting, overshooting.) It just didnt make since. LOL :rolleyes:

But they're good sitting on a high hill, like monkeytart said. The sound of those many guns going off is music to my ears.