PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! How to tear off Alliance treaty?

Taka29
11th Jul 2005, 08:15
Hey..I am fairly new to IG. But I am a veteran to RTW and any other TW games. So I just assumed IG works pretty much the same as the Rome Total war. However, there is some degree of difference. Such as the problem that I have just encountered. I accidently accept the Alliance treaty with France and but I didn't know that was a set up. I am currently playing England and I have taken over Spain and now I think I am militarily strong enough to take out France. BUt S.H.I.T happens. It won't let me attack France because it says I am having a defensive allience with france and I have also tried to declear war on France and it won't work. So I get pretty much stuck there while France is enjoy the easterward expansion. that pisses me off. I don't wanna pay France just to cross its bloody land. So is there anyway that I can tear off the Alliance treaty? :(

Another question is I have choosen democratic system and is there any ways that I can restore my wounded troops? I have the hospitals and the barracks and I have read some of the forms says you can only restore your units under the AUtocracy? :o

Can anyone help me out here THANKSSSSS!!! :thumbsup:

Mister Nock
11th Jul 2005, 08:19
A defensive alliance will expire after a fixed number of turns, (usally 8,) hold your mouse over paris to see how long you've got left. As soon as the alliance is over you can invade.

You need military hospitals to restore troops, which are only avalibe under certain govt types.

EternalSlayer
11th Jul 2005, 15:19
You have to have chosen autocratic government to heal your troops.

Taka29
11th Jul 2005, 15:37
so if I chose democracy then there is no return? because I find democracy sucks...you can't heal troops beside most of the nations are autocracy. :(

5/77 Armd
11th Jul 2005, 15:57
You're stuck once you choose. If you haven't gone very far past the last auto save time, just reload. Democracy is great for your economy, especially as Great Britain. I'm addicted to autocracy myself, and will only go back to democracy once in a while to experiment. Remember, each government type has its strengths and weaknesses.

Just because you chose democracy doesn't mean everything will suck from now on. I did fine the one time I used it. I just can't imagine not being able to replenish damaged units so I choose autocracy everytime.

Taka29
12th Jul 2005, 00:53
yee true...every form of govermental system has its strength of weakness. But I rather being a militarily strong nation than being a rich but weak in military in that way I won't become this fat butter being ripped off by other economically poor but militarily strong nations. In sum, MILITARY strenth rules it's like a battle hummer. I find it in this game Military power talks not the Economical power. :D

5/77 Armd
12th Jul 2005, 01:50
Just because I was a democracy didn't mean I was weak militarily. I was the largest military power in the game. Going autocracy doesn't mean you will have a larger more powerful army, it just makes it a little cheaper. This inconvience in democracies is off-set because you make more money in a democracy.

I think the major differences are in the quests offered. e.g. The 100,000 Sons of St. Louis quest is only offered to Absolute Monarchies (I believe) it's one of the best quests to get. (Two fully loaded marshals with 6 units each-half of them are elite!)

I haven't yet seen all the quests because sometimes the game would end before I could use them. It's one of the reasons I like to drag the game out now.

Taka29
12th Jul 2005, 07:16
but yee..I know sometimes it's driving me nuts. Especially for Great Britain. It's a rich Empire with loads of MONEY and Resources. BUT lack of population. So it still doesn't make it strong. Especially, each battle you lose so many men and You just don't have time to bring your wounded troops back to the capital and to merge and stuff the best is restore your troops and I also find it hard that when you conqure France. THe people revolt like crazy and they just litereily slaughtered my 8 troops since they are wounded and I can't move any of them back home and the reblians come out in every TURN..EVERY TURN..isn't that insane? so what am I gonna do man..as MONEY is not a problem for me now. but POPUlation is...how can I increase my population ASAP as I have already built the advanced hospitals and yet the population is still not enought to build a strong army. it's always about 1000 something..not even enough to build a sloop. :mad: :mad:

5/77 Armd
12th Jul 2005, 13:11
When I play as Great Britain; it's a waiting game. I typically do not get involved on the continent until at least the beginning of the 2nd era. As an autocracy, the military hospitals are not available until close to the end of the 2nd era anyways, so autocracies have to deal with wounded troops up 'till then also. I wait and wait and wait until I'm strong enough to make a move. Generally my first invasion is taking out Morrocco, it's pretty easy to conquer. The AI always seems to be able to take out Denmark, Hannover and/or Portugal pretty fast. A lot faster than I can!

Great Britain is secure from threats, unlike the other nations who are fighting like crazy early on. So Great Britain might be a little boring to some people at first. But it's the best nation for someone new to the game.

It's the only nation where you can leave your capital unprotected with ground troops. Just make sure you have at least 3 sloops to protect the home islands before you invade anywhere. They can easily dispatch any invasion force from Holland or Denmark as they usually bring only 1-2 ships.

Skirmisher
12th Jul 2005, 19:57
THe people revolt like crazy and they just litereily slaughtered my 8 troops since they are wounded and I can't move any of them back home and the reblians come out in every TURN..EVERY TURN..isn't that insane?
Not really - I'd say it's historically faithful! During the Penninsular War, France had nearly three times as many troops scattered around the country as they did on the front lines. Why? To hunt down partisans and protect supplies, because Spain was in constant rebellion from 1808 until the French were driven out in 1813! That would be around 60 game turns! True, the game's rebellions are a little :rolleyes: stronger than historic, but it does give the player an idea what is required to forcibly pacify a country.

Taka29
13th Jul 2005, 00:45
Good news!!!! FInally....after a longgggg 8 hours of tough fight from night till the following day morning..I finally conqured France. But, wat's pissing me off is its territory and lands are totally unusable...!!!! that's such a joke to me. I thought I could plunder France like crazy. but it turns out nothing can be plundered...damn..IG team gatta to improve this part. Maybe they missed to fix this bug.

5/77 Armd
13th Jul 2005, 01:21
I don't want to continually repeat myself. If you followed the advice PrinceMyshkin and myself wrote in about three other threads, you wouldn't have been in this predicament. Again, there are no bugs; we were showing you how to best take out a major country by NOT taking out their capital without a prior series of annexations of their other territories. Now you'll have to start all over by pulling back out of their capital. READ the posts carefully, it's all there. I'm done on this subject.

Mike_B
14th Jul 2005, 09:16
Taka29,

You have posted multiple threads here eventually all leading to the same answer and solution and the same response from you. Choose the thread you want to be left here so I can delete the others.

monkeytart
14th Jul 2005, 09:39
Good news!!!! FInally....after a longgggg 8 hours of tough fight from night till the following day morning..I finally conqured France. But, wat's pissing me off is its territory and lands are totally unusable...!!!! that's such a joke to me. I thought I could plunder France like crazy. but it turns out nothing can be plundered...damn..IG team gatta to improve this part. Maybe they missed to fix this bug.
seriously no offense, but you should not always keep on asking other people for just everything that pops into your mind, EXPERIMENT! that is how u turn better, not by asking one question after the other. i use to suck at this game, and i had the same problem as u, but guess what, i asked NO ONE and kept on gaining experiences from failures. and another point, u dont get better at games by asking questions.