PDA

View Full Version : merging ships

masteradnin255
10th Jul 2005, 01:24
I have had this huge problem with merging ships, the problem is I dont know how to do , can any one tell me please? Thanks,

Queeg
10th Jul 2005, 01:41
I don't think you can.

masteradnin255
10th Jul 2005, 01:44
Yea, I just read on another thread that you cant,

thanks man, apreciate it

Kana
10th Jul 2005, 19:47
Merging ships...or having a fleet would be a good option for a patch...but I don't see that happening...It would be alot easier to move a six ship fleet icon than six seperate ships...I also think they missed an opportunity to have admirals and such, just like the land generals...For the most part though...I think that the naval addition to the game was a mere afterthought, and I have come to accept and even enjoy the quick and still tactical nature of the land combat..(IE...I had four infantry squares form, while the cavalry charge was happening...and needless to say it works like a charm...1 complete dead cav unit...4 untouched infantry units...) as for the Naval portion I think it needs some help...heck Sid Meiers Pirates! was more fun than this and its essentially the same thing...I mean some more detail like marine sharpshooters, better control...blah...blah...I'm just rambling now...so...

Kana

5/77 Armd
11th Jul 2005, 10:57
Merging ships is completely unrealistic. The game lets you repair them and that is plenty good. How would two ships merge anyway? Is that like ship sex?

Edit: This was supposed to be sarcasm, but I see from the following posts, some people didn't understand that, pity.

monkeytart
11th Jul 2005, 13:01
Merging ships is completely unrealistic. The game lets you repair them and that is plenty good. How would two ships merge anyway? Is that like ship sex?
merging ships actually means putting multiple amount of ships under one unit. not sex :p . Such as six ships forming into a fleet. but i guess u wouldn't call that merge, 'cause merge means two units forming into one.

Strumm
11th Jul 2005, 19:37
'Stacking'

That's a good word.

Mister Nock
11th Jul 2005, 22:10
merging ships actually means putting multiple amount of ships under one unit. not sex :p . Such as six ships forming into a fleet. but i guess u wouldn't call that merge, 'cause merge means two units forming into one.

Hehe, glad someone cleared that up, when I read the topic I had an image of someone nailing two warships together to make one big fat catamaran. :p