PDA

View Full Version : Do most poeple find they finish campain before the end of era adavnces

southpark
9th Jul 2005, 17:40
i find, that when i play with any empire (ive compleated it with france uk and prussia) that you always finish before all the advances are done and u dont get to play with all the decent guys eg imperialguard and imonzlozki guard( man what a word!) i suggest the advances are quicker or that the game is longer what are your thoughtsmagenta :p

zeroh
9th Jul 2005, 20:23
play on hard n it should take u to mid third era to finish

Phillippe
10th Jul 2005, 23:22
I've reached the End twice, and it is a lot of fun. Black Watch are powerful players. Try the harder settings, that'll hold you in the game a bit longer.

BladeUK
11th Jul 2005, 15:45
Im late into the third era on a game with england, its gonna be over before i reach the end at this rate as only austria and prussia remain, russia have just fallen :(

elbasto
11th Jul 2005, 23:53
Then just wait to expand until you are well into the third era.

As France I took the Iberian peninsula, Italy and all the German minors but one, having an excellent defensive line against any kind of attacks.
Then I just waited, developing slowly... now all the provinces I own (all of them) are developed at 100% and my 6 armies of 3 Imperial Guard, Howtizers trains and elite cavalry are slowly rolling up over easter Europe with the UK as my main ally while I have 5 greanadiers, a General, 3 Lancers and 3 Howitzers in every single Elite headquarter all over my empire... though I will eventualy get to the UK, I already have over 20 Ships of the Line with 2 stars each... conquest is good.

Just wait I've found that a slow build up can be very rewarding if you like that kind of game.

southpark
20th Jul 2005, 14:19
i already do it on hard but its still piss easy :confused:

elbasto
22nd Jul 2005, 20:36

Remeber that the objective of the game is to entretain you not for you to win... :thumbsup:

zeroh
26th Jul 2005, 15:44
play austria on hard and piss off couple ppl at the start it'll cripple u a bit makes it more interesting

southpark
30th Jul 2005, 13:34
i also notice that if you survive the slaguter at the start then you can win the game no problem ;)

zeroh
31st Jul 2005, 21:49
Yah the start is usually the hardest part since players tend to work on their economy rather then rushing unlike the AI who sometimes rush at the beginning.
Once the economy kicks in you've got a real advantage and the other factions start to go bye bye

southpark
1st Aug 2005, 07:38
whats your favorite emipre? state why mine has got to be prussia, because of its strategic postion on the map :thumbsup:

cpt_southpark@hotmail.com

EeE
1st Aug 2005, 19:49
Mines Russia

Phalanx
3rd Aug 2005, 04:35
Prussia for the difficulty IMHO.

I agree...

I think the campaign is far too easy. Liberate a few countries and the world is bacon. On hard I generally finish around the tail of the 2nd, or beginning of the 3rd. Aside from Prussia on hard, which can get exciting.

Ascentian
8th Aug 2005, 02:40

I totally agree. But I have outlined some limitations that truly enhance the fun in MY games.

Try this on:

Only 4 Commanders
Only 6 Ships (any type)
No Peaceful Annexations
No Immediate Occupations (after liberation)
No Immediate invasions (War through Diplomacy)
Promote Commanders from Captian, with only Skill (not the tech way).
ONLY Field Marshal may enter, seige or subjugate Power Capitals.

I'd like to know who agrees with me ...

Ascentian :rolleyes:

southpark
8th Aug 2005, 09:25
:confused: :) [QUOTE=Ascentian]I totally agree. But I have outlined some limitations that truly enhance the fun in MY games.

Try this on:

[COLOR=Magenta]Only 4 Commanders

i genrally only have 4 or5 comanders any way i always finish the game be4 i get a chance to build generals so i rarley have any of them, the only generals i ever have are ones that ahve been promoted, and when doing it with prussia(my current campagin) i even got feild marshall thielleman promoted to feild marshall, thats the one u get at the start along with blucher NOW thats an acheveiment

but the rest like not delcaring war how does that work?

Ascentian
8th Aug 2005, 21:32
When declaring War - I always use the Diplomacy Screen, and by that method the computer gets a turn of grace and a chance to prep.

Not a big deal.

But really my suggestion was just to enhance play for those who think its too easy.

Queeg
8th Aug 2005, 23:00
I often play the game drunk. That seems to increase the difficulty.

royal_sovereign1
9th Aug 2005, 15:39
but the rest like not delcaring war how does that work?
When you enter another country's territory without declaring war.

To increase the difficulty, you could also try to give all your land away and play with only your capital at the beginning.

screamingpalm
9th Aug 2005, 17:25
I often play the game drunk. That seems to increase the difficulty.

LOL :D Maybe thats the REAL patch we're looking for.

I wish that worked for me, I seem to play better drunk, or at least I think so. :thumbsup:

screamingpalm
9th Aug 2005, 17:36
I totally agree. But I have outlined some limitations that truly enhance the fun in MY games.

Try this on:

Only 4 Commanders
Only 6 Ships (any type)
No Peaceful Annexations
No Immediate Occupations (after liberation)
No Immediate invasions (War through Diplomacy)
Promote Commanders from Captian, with only Skill (not the tech way).
ONLY Field Marshal may enter, seige or subjugate Power Capitals.

I'd like to know who agrees with me ...

That would be a good idea, but the AI still does not build any decent armies. A poster on the tech forum pointed out the major flaw IMO, which is the AI spends its technologies to build crap armies. This is pry by design because Pyro wants to show off its tech tree and the missions in the game (and have the player do all the quests and jump through those hoops). If the AI built techs on pace it would be more challenging. Maybe modded for hard difficulty level would make the game more interesting. The only advance I've ever lost on "hard" was the Railroad quest to Russia. If the AI would be more competitive on the tech tree/quests it would be much more challenging and the AI would be able to build better quality troops.

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 20:00
Hmm, I don't understand what I am doing wrong then. Seriously in every game the AI manages to build at least some quests before I do.
Funny thing is that I had no idea that you could spend research points to get money. How do you do this or on what page on the manual is it? I have managed to miss that one.

edou20_nl
9th Aug 2005, 20:14
go to the research "page" upper right u se a research icon and a bar right of it that is fully green, click on the research icon and then at the new screen u get move the bar right of the money icon , so u get money for them but the research will go slower or will not research at all :thumbsup:

efthimios
9th Aug 2005, 22:47
Will do. Thank you!

southpark
14th Aug 2005, 22:58
cheers for all your responses

south :p