PDA

View Full Version : i am pissed

monkeytart
9th Jul 2005, 07:52
people say cannons are strong. but guess what. two units of my cannons were destroyed by two soldiers! (i don't mean battalion, but soldiers!) this is getting on my nerve. each unit of cannons have three crews. and yet they are pathetically hopeless in front of two soldiers engaged in a meelee combat!? IG should at least make cannon crews a bit more defensible whilst engaging meelee combat. but two units of cannon loosing to two soldiers!? that's six on two (in meelee)! and yet my cannons were slaughtered!? i want an explanation or at least some improvements on these areas! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mister Nock
9th Jul 2005, 08:43
Infantry win battles my friend, artillery alone has no chance you need to support it.

Though you are right, the gun crew should be armed with short swords at least.

southpark
9th Jul 2005, 17:33
it is highly anoying when some suvies the cahrge and he (just one guy) manages to reach your battery of cannon he then just mipes them out, the gunners do nothing at all.

monkeytart
13th Jul 2005, 08:55
it is highly anoying when some suvies the cahrge and he (just one guy) manages to reach your battery of cannon he then just mipes them out, the gunners do nothing at all.
i am hoping for some improvements on cannon crews, especially in future mods, patches, etc. IT IS VERY ANNOYING WHEN TWO SOLDIERS WIN A MEELEE AGAINST SIX MEN! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CANNON CREWS DO NOTHING AT ALL! i do noe that cannons are not the decisive unit in a warfare, but at least the cannon crews should be armed, or at least able to deal with one or two soldiers!

Polish Lancer
17th Jul 2005, 19:27
Artillery crews were armed with muskets smae as infantry and expected to defend the guns to the last man - I feel a bit of tinkering is required! :eek:

toshrules106
17th Jul 2005, 20:16
To be onest It dosn't realy matter if they have weapons or not. 6 adrenaline filled men should be able win a fight against 2 ne day.

Queeg
18th Jul 2005, 00:53
Remember too that the "two guys" actually represent maybe 30 guys, since each unit represents a batallion.

monkeytart
18th Jul 2005, 04:17
Remember too that the "two guys" actually represent maybe 30 guys, since each unit represents a batallion.
so you mean my 6 cannon crews are actually 180 people, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

PS. J/K :D

Mister Nock
18th Jul 2005, 09:27
Artillery crews were armed with muskets smae as infantry

Well that depends, not all did, but they did at least have short swords. And they had those big fat ramrods that could quite leathal when wielded by angry gunners. :p The gunners should be capeable of melee combat.

so you mean my 6 cannon crews are actually 180 people

No, 90 people. (1 man in game = 15)

EeE
3rd Aug 2005, 19:22
Yea its funny I had one hussar left and the comp had 6 cannon crews and that one hussar killed all of them...

Captain.Crunch
4th Aug 2005, 00:01
The infantry in this game will charge your artillery if you leave the slightest hole open in your lines and in a real battle to be able to take ones artillery is BONUS. The one thing that I would have loved to have seen in the game is if you do manage to capture the enemy’s artillery you should be able to then use it and fire on the enemy.

Keep your artillery well positioned and protected as it takes seconds to loose it in battle and is also expensive equiptment and takes a lengthy period to create.

Ascentian
8th Aug 2005, 02:16
The developers got it right. Arty was always vulnerable. Always.

Gunners with Muskets - WRONG.
Gunners did not have muskets.

And even if they did, the infantry guys and the horse rider types HATED enemy arty with a passion. So if I was some Rifleman and 98% of my comrades were chewed up by Arty, hey me and my buddy would slaughter a dozen men, easily.

Also - Arty lads were not so hardy as other folk. Generally less courageous than infantry types and more likely to RUN when they saw enemies of any type.

Finally, to fire a musket is one thing, but a musket, ONE musket is useless. An Infantry Battalion of 1803 was a Modern day Sub machine gun.

Oh, one last thing - winers are rarely winners :D LOL

Ascentian

joxer31
9th Aug 2005, 00:19
Fought a battle this evening that is about to make me quit playing the game.

Im the French at war with Austria. I have invaded Hanover with 3 colonels against 2 capitains. Austrian forces number 4 militia, 1 howitzer and 1 line infantry. French, 3 12 pounders with numerous infantry and cavalry. Should be an easy victory.

Cross the river and set up my attack lines. Open up the artillery barrage against the house. As expected, all the infantry and militia make a bee line for the cannons. My artillery retreat behind my advancing infantry. Once the enemy are within musket range, the lines open up. The enemy decides to retreat and the battle is over.

Im asked if I wish to pursue, you bet. :eek: AMBUSH. Lost more men there than if I could have finished the battle. My gripe. Not being able to pursue the fleeing enemy with my cavalry and finish them off then and there. No, they can magically escape the battle and set up an ambush to slaughter my men.

Hope no one else has to suffer through that, its quite embarassing, to win the battle and drive the enemy from the field, only to stumble into an ambush, because you were too stupid to finish them off on the battlefield.

Captain.Crunch
9th Aug 2005, 00:21
Fought a battle this evening that is about to make me quit playing the game.

Im the French at war with Austria. I have invaded Hanover with 3 colonels against 2 capitains. Austrian forces number 4 militia, 1 howitzer and 1 line infantry. French, 3 12 pounders with numerous infantry and cavalry. Should be an easy victory.

Cross the river and set up my attack lines. Open up the artillery barrage against the house. As expected, all the infantry and militia make a bee line for the cannons. My artillery retreat behind my advancing infantry. Once the enemy are within musket range, the lines open up. The enemy decides to retreat and the battle is over.

Im asked if I wish to pursue, you bet. :eek: AMBUSH. Lost more men there than if I could have finished the battle. My gripe. Not being able to pursue the fleeing enemy with my cavalry and finish them off then and there. No, they can magically escape the battle and set up an ambush to slaughter my men.

Hope no one else has to suffer through that, its quite embarassing, to win the battle and drive the enemy from the field, only to stumble into an ambush, because you were too stupid to finish them off on the battlefield.

Yep that is a bit silly. I never follow them for that reason.