PDA

View Full Version : How do you take out...

masteradnin255
9th Jul 2005, 02:40
Hey, as you can tell I am a newbie to the game and am wondering what the easiest way to take out militia is cause there crazy ass lunitics, any help will be apreciated, thanks... :)

holyidiot
9th Jul 2005, 03:12
i use mostly calvary in my army. though i use artillery when attacking their palace. i usually cut them off before they reach the objective.

korbell
9th Jul 2005, 03:22
If you in the first era, there really isn't much you can do without major casualties except by using cavalry. Cannon can take out a few but when they hit the line of infantry it gets pretty ugly, later on when you get the tech for square formations then its much easier.

Mister Nock
9th Jul 2005, 08:49
Yeah, square formation is the best way to kill militia, but while you're waiting for it to be researched, just use your own militia against them. (unless you're England of course, I had this problem too.)

monkeytart
9th Jul 2005, 08:59
Yeah, square formation is the best way to kill militia, but while you're waiting for it to be researched, just use your own militia against them. (unless you're England of course, I had this problem too.)
exactly, one of the biggest setbacks of GB in first era is no militia, but perhaps the designers didn't put it in because of GB economy strenght (which balances the game)

zeroh
9th Jul 2005, 20:25
calvary will completely annihlate militia but if u dont got that wait for the abilty to shoot double line or square formation and militia will get pwned

Mister Nock
9th Jul 2005, 22:03
perhaps the designers didn't put it in because of GB economy strenght (which balances the game)

I think it's because GBR had no militia to speak of in real life, Britain had the world's most prefesional army at the time.

It does balance the game, but only because militia are unrealistically hard, if it was a more realistic game, GBR would have no need for militia.

elbasto
12th Jul 2005, 00:18
I think it's because GBR had no militia to speak of in real life, Britain had the world's most prefesional army at the time.

It does balance the game, but only because militia are unrealistically hard, if it was a more realistic game, GBR would have no need for militia.

In that case nobody would need militia and therefore war would be a peace of cake even early on without the proper technologies and doctrines...