PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer problems

monkeytart
8th Jul 2005, 07:29
hi ppl,
im new, so please bear with me. I have one very easy q. How do I play multiplayer? everytime i click online battles it tells me to type in an ip adress. but what is that?

Cpt.HooK
8th Jul 2005, 12:01
You must install gamespy (its on IG dvd) and go into IG lobby area.

monkeytart
8th Jul 2005, 12:51
You must install gamespy (its on IG dvd) and go into IG lobby area.
but still, everytime i want to install game spy arcade, it tells me to register, but somehow i cant register!?

Cpt.HooK
8th Jul 2005, 14:39
Yes you will need a gamespy account i already had one.

I not too sure how it works but i guess people gather in chatroom and play with each other :eek:

Taka29
13th Jul 2005, 06:28
But most of the time. The chart room is empty. Maybe it cos it's a new game. so I give up on multiplayer function.

Cpt.HooK
13th Jul 2005, 12:18
I didn't really buy the game for mp but the one time i joined the chatroom there were a few in and more playing i guess people are waiting for the patch to come out to fix the battle and make them last longer.

Phillippe
13th Jul 2005, 13:04
Go to Gamespy and set up an account, shouldn't cost you, and then you can access the lobby through that.

Oststar
13th Jul 2005, 15:50
The real issue you'll get is once you wrap your noggin around gamespyware (you'd not believe my issues with gamespy and it's adware/spyware) you'll be unable to host. From experience only 1-5 with a machine worth hosting off can actually host. Routers, Firewalls, ISPs, IPs, Virus Scans, everything seems to work against hosting: i'm running without the windows firewall, but when I disable the one I am running and my virus protection I still can't be accessed, not that this old machine is worth accessing. Myself and three other people I know got IG the day it came out where they were (Three weeks late in one part of the US and one week in Aus) and of those three can't host. Then there was the six people I met in the chat who were waiting for someone able to host.