PDA

View Full Version : Some New Information In Latest 'Games Master'

BlueSkiesXXV
7th Jul 2005, 22:06
Hi all,

There are some new 'Legend' nuggets in the latest 'Games Master' (UK Magazine - Issue 162).
Here are some of the more interesting pieces extracted from the article:

>During those times when you're hopelessly stuck Lara'll turn her head to look at the bit of scenery you should be investigating.

>When she's running around, the intelligent camera system keeps the way ahead clear.

>Other frustration-relieving devices include: Lara's ultra-swank Bluetooth headset, used to keep in touch with the team back at Croft Manor via picture-in-picture video.

>The shooting is still automatic, but with a clever twist, because from time to time, an icon'll show that Lara's locked onto an explosive barrel or a rope that she can blast with a simple tap of a button.

>Best Bit So Far - Pulling off a perfect swan dive into a waterfall. There wasn't enough of that when we were creeping around the Louvre.

>They also mentioned that they played 'Legend' at E3 and list the controls.
Skipping the actual button descriptions here are the functions they listed:
-Crouch
-Reload
-Melee Attack
-Fire Blind
-Take Aim
-Throw Grenade
-Switch Weapons

>E3 Demo - a massive, lushly forested collection of vine-smothered cliffs, ending in a huge waterfall. The perfect surroundings to get to grips with Lara again.

>We're definitely prepared to give our relationship with Lara one more go.

Trinity34
7th Jul 2005, 23:12
Thanks BlueSkies.

Any new pictures?

CatSuit&Ponytail
8th Jul 2005, 08:25
I should stop reading these things......my adrenaline jumps way up, it can't be healthy. :rolleyes:

BlueSkiesXXV
8th Jul 2005, 10:15
Hi Trin...No new piccies...boo!

Sophia Leigh
8th Jul 2005, 12:10
Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

What is "Melee Attack"? :o :confused:

Acceber
8th Jul 2005, 12:19
Probably just means physical fighting.

Unless Lara found a whole host of medieval weaponry.......... :eek:

Eckhardt
8th Jul 2005, 19:58
Probably just means physical fighting.

Hey! ...that would be cool :eek:. Picture this: there you are, hopping and raiding around and you stumble upon this wicked medievil spear, so why not put it to good use impaling some bad guys and sparing some bullets? Oddly enough that does seem familiar.. :rolleyes:

Deckard
10th Jul 2005, 19:29
Hey! ...that would be cool :eek:. Picture this: there you are, hopping and raiding around and you stumble upon this wicked medievil spear, so why not put it to good use impaling some bad guys and sparing some bullets? Oddly enough that does seem familiar.. :rolleyes:

He He He - you aren't thinking about Miss Rayne by chance :D ? That would be definitively Rayne's "style" :rolleyes: . I don't think Lara will go down that route :p .

My opinion is, that this will mean some kind of hand-to-hand combat, something like kickboxing or Jiu-Jitsu or whatever. We had a decidedly feeble and quite useless version of this in AOD. I'd welcome it very much under the condition that it is improved and better integrated in the gameplay! Sometimes it is not only nicer but also more effective to let your foes alive. Lara could question them or force them to do something for her, e.g. braid her ponytail or peel the freshly roasted, red hot potatoes :D .
The reason for myself liking Lara to be able to do some hand-to-hand combat goes back to TR2. On the oil-rigg, before the dive to the Maria Doria, I really felt naked without the 9mm's :o . And that's a nasty feeling for someone like lara ;) !

Herege
11th Jul 2005, 01:57
I think that we can jump and kick or push the opponent, or roll, drop him and to shoot in him.

Sophia Leigh
11th Jul 2005, 11:26

LOL! :D :D :D