PDA

View Full Version : Hope you fellas in the UK are all right.

5/77 Armd
7th Jul 2005, 15:18
Our prayers are with you....

Imperius Maxus
7th Jul 2005, 18:05
Ditto that.

-Imperius

Stereophobia
8th Jul 2005, 01:01
Thanks for the kinds thoughts guys. Before I say anything else, my thoughts and prayers go out to anyone in the south thats been affected today. But also it goes out to the poor people that will be affected by the small minded racism that will sprout from this as the idiots on the street decided that the "towel heads" did it and they all need to pay for it.
But with that said, once again us Brits "take one on the chin" and get up and get back on with it... I think the rest of the world has just seen exactly what being British means. We have seen terror up close and personal for decades and this attack isn't likely to change the way we deal with terrorism as a nation. Sadly though I cant help but worry that its going to lead us to war once again, in a futile struggle against a minority that we wont find abroad, reguardless of how many countries we drop our own bombs on.

5/77 Armd
8th Jul 2005, 14:31
Now why did you have to go and post something like that? This was just supposed to be a sign of support to our friends over the pond. Don't go negative here!

Edit: FYI The above statement was not directed at Sterophobe, it was at a post that @m deleted.

Mike_B
8th Jul 2005, 15:24
Now why did you have to go and post something like that?

Idiocy, attention, trolling, take your pick.

This was just supposed to be a sign of support to our friends over the pond. Don't go negative here!

Indeed and I will keep an eye on it so that it remains that way.

korbell
9th Jul 2005, 03:19
My thoughts are with you as well. Its always saddening to hear when friends get hurt.

After standing strong while Hitler threw everything he could at you and years of IRA bombings, do these wannabes think they could really scare you? Hardly! Good luck and best wishes and prayers the injured and dead.

Nial
9th Jul 2005, 04:26
My thoughts are with you as well. Its always saddening to hear when friends get hurt.

After standing strong while Hitler threw everything he could at you and years of IRA bombings, do these wannabes think they could really scare you? Hardly! Good luck and best wishes and prayers the injured and dead.

Hear! Hear!

Mister Nock
9th Jul 2005, 08:38
I live just outside London. My dad was due to go into London for a training course that day, but thankfully it was cancelled. My mum's just got a new job in London, lucky she had business elsewhere on Thursday.

Sadly, others weren't as lucky; my thoughts are with them.

I don't know what the bombers were trying to achieve here; If they wanted to inspire sympathy towards Great Britain, then they got it. If they wanted to inspire hatered towards themselves, then they got it. If they wanted to bring a nation to it's knees, then they have failed. Just hours after the explosions people were walking the streets where it happend and riding on the underground as normal; That's British resolve.