PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcements?

5/77 Armd
7th Jul 2005, 01:24
This has been pretty irritating for me. How do I bring my reinforcements into a battle when I invade with four armies?

When I auto-resolve, sometimes the reinforcing army has casualties (so they obviously participate.) When I play out the battle myself, I can't figure out how to bring them into the battle, so they never get to fight. I do notice an eagle in the corner, but I can't click it.

I know they can be brought into a battle because when the AI attacked me, I was busy fighting him and all of a sudden about six more battalions pop out of nowhere on a hillside.

gbelle
7th Jul 2005, 01:47
I am not certain but I think reinforcements arrive when 1 of your first 3 armies are wiped out. Every soldier needs to be killed as far as i can see, this kills your leader. Looks like you can only have troops from 3 different leaders on the map at the same time.

southpark
9th Jul 2005, 17:45
I am not certain but I think reinforcements arrive when 1 of your first 3 armies are wiped out. Every soldier needs to be killed as far as i can see, this kills your leader. Looks like you can only have troops from 3 different leaders on the map at the same time.

you;ve nearly got it my friend but your way off ;) after a certain amont of time or when a certain number of your fighitng dudes ahve been killed you can bring in reinforcements, to do so, you have to wait for the eagle wings on the top right side of your pannel to falsh orange and then your commander with his troops will arive where your army starts, this can be anoying, as when it gets to this stage the batle is very nearly over, ;)

BUT! if your reinforcement arive they also get the experiance levels as well as the troops that fight even if they didnt kill any one :p

Kana
10th Jul 2005, 00:57
Question is how do you attack with four armies...I thought only 3 armies could occupy one location at a time?

Kana

5/77 Armd
10th Jul 2005, 19:23
When you're invading a territory, you can bring a fourth army. A pop-up appears stating that this fourth army is a reinforcement army only. When the battle ends, that army goes back to the territory it came from.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Kana
10th Jul 2005, 19:41
Very nice thank you...of course the only way to to do this would be from adjacent territories or by sea landing i'm sure...

Kana

Taka29
13th Jul 2005, 01:11
I am puzzled. I still don't know how do you put the reinforcment. I was attacking France earlier on and I hae three colonels on the same spot and I have another captain stationed next door. However, as soon as i hit turn bottom the battle starts and I don't see any reinforcment troops showing on that chart despite my troops are just next door. SO I am just wondering how do you fellows do that? dropping the chess onto the same spot? it won't work. :confused:

Mike_B
14th Jul 2005, 09:15
By next door do you mean also the same province as your other colonels? Otherwise it won't work.

Taka29
14th Jul 2005, 13:08
yee...cos you can't drop the 4th chess on the same spot right? so what do you do in that case? put on the next door province?

monkeytart
15th Jul 2005, 09:57
yee...cos you can't drop the 4th chess on the same spot right? so what do you do in that case? put on the next door province?
no, the maximum amount of troops in a territory is three, so if u move a fourth one in, a message will tell u that it serves as a reinforcement and will not appear on the battlefield.

Cpt.HooK
15th Jul 2005, 13:33
Is there anyway to use defensive re-inforcements like calling men from barracks if you are attacked :confused:

5/77 Armd
15th Jul 2005, 15:35
From what I've noticed as an attacker, after you wipe out any armies that were fielded in an enemy capital; when it's the AI's turn any armies located in the barracks come out to fight.

I can only surmise that this same thing will happen if you're attacked. I've never been in that situation myself, but I would guess that after the AI moved armies in your territory, the battle resolves itself at the end of the AI's turn. You fight with your armies that are in the field. Then, when it's your turn (if you lost all your fielded armies), your garrisoned armies are probably forced out of the barracks and that battle is fought at the conclusion of your turn. You may be able to bring in armies from adjacent territories (up to three) before the end of your turn. I'm unsure if you can bring in a fourth army, but it would make sense.

This wouldn't work of course in a territory with no barracks.

Cpt.HooK
15th Jul 2005, 17:49
I thought you may be able to get re-inforcements from the barracks straight onto the battlefield while in middle of a fight.

monkeytart
16th Jul 2005, 09:13
I thought you may be able to get re-inforcements from the barracks straight onto the battlefield while in middle of a fight.
im not sure but i hope its true, because it makes no sense if your army is in the same territory but they cant defend it because they ar in a building.