PDA

View Full Version : Need Assistance With "Pixel Shading & Hardware TnL" Problem For LEGO Star Wars Game.

Walmi Dapit
1st Jul 2005, 02:42
To Anyone That Can Assist,

I am contacting you to get any suggestions or recommendations about getting a game I bought to be able to work on my computer.

Before I begin, I want to let you know I have already contacted Eidos Support about this technical problem and they have been almost no help.

I have recently purchased LEGO Star Wars, The Video Game for the PC. I read the system requirements and it seemed that my computer would be able to handle it. After successful installation, I tried running the game, but the following message appeared:

"Sorry but your machine does not have a graphic card that support Pixel Shader v1.1".

Apparently, the video card I have does not support the Pixel Shading or Hardware Transform & Lighting (TnL) in order to run the game.

When I contacted Eidos Support, they said I need to purchase a new video card that will support the Pixel Shading & Hardware TnL. I personally think having to purchase a new video card to run one game is absurd. I don't want to have to spend a great deal of money to upgrade the card just to play one game.

They did suggest an “unofficial” fix. They suggested downloading a free 3D Analysis Product that I believe “bypasses” the Pixel Shading & Hardware TnL. This product was downloaded from the following link:

http://www.3dcht4u.de/3dc/kfd53t5fes8z/3d-analyze.zip

Then they told me the following:

Run the 3DAnalyze program and click "Select", then point it to the LegoStarWars.exe file located in the Lego Star Wars install folder.

On the right is an option to `Emulate HW TnL Caps`, select this, then hit "Run".

This should get the game to run, but it is an unofficial fix. Keep in mind the game performance will be reduced as your CPU is having to do a lot more work. You may want to lower your resolution or other video settings within the game to help boost performance.

After installing & running the product, I choose "Emulate HW TnL Caps" and clicked on Run. After a few seconds, the following message appeared:

"Error while injecting dll into target process".

I then tried running the game, but the "Pixel Shader v1.1" message came up again. The game did not run.

I then tried to choose different configurations of the product, but I normally got an error message.

I then proceeded to the nVidia Support website to see about possibly downloading an upgrade or a new driver for my video card. The site said since I purchased the computer with the nVidia card already installed, I should contact Dell.

Dell said that they would not be able to help since my computer is running fine.

I contacted Eidos Support again and was basically told tough luck (not in so many words). Not exactly what I was expecting from a support site. They did suggest to try the forum on their website to see if anyone can help.

Now here we are.

Is there any way I can run the game using my current graphics card (such as a patch, a download to upgrade a driver or card, some way to bypass the Pixel Shading & Hardware TnL, etc.)? If not, is there a way to get the 3D Analysis Product to work? I am willing to sacrifice "top of the line" graphics in order to play the game.

Attached below is the DirectX Diagnostics Tool output for the system information & the video card to assist you with this problem:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/29/2005, 12:24:11
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclnt_qfe.021108-2107)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 8100
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 TST
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1300MHz, ~1.3GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 192MB used, 426MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce2 MX/MX 400
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0110&SUBSYS_009110DE&REV_B2
Display Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Dell E770s
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.5672 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/24/2004 10:04:00, 4274560 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 3/24/2004 10:04:00, 1895648 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4250-11CF-4665-9B2013C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0110
SubSys ID: 0x009110DE
Revision ID: 0x00B2
Revision ID: 0x00B2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with Eidos by basically leaving me high and dry. Because of this experience with Eidos, I will probably not buy any more products from them again if this is the way they are going to treat their customers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You In Advance,
Walmi Dapit

jaywalker2309
1st Jul 2005, 06:59
You said you ticked the TnL caps option, but did you tick the Pixel Shader option too?

Walmi Dapit
2nd Jul 2005, 18:44
Dear JAYCW2309

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I did tick the Pixel Shader in the 3D Analysis Product. I did this both by itself and with the TnL Caps tick. The error messages I received were either:

"Error while injecting dll into target process"

or

"Unable to copy C:\[FILENAME].dll into C:\[FILEPATH]"
(Something like this message, I'm going off memory).

I have not been able to run the game, even with this product. Do you have any suggestions (i.e. is there a certain folder or subfolder I need to place this product in to run properly, is there another product that would better suit my hardware configuration, etc.).

Again, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank You In Advance,
Walmi

jaywalker2309
3rd Jul 2005, 16:34
Your graphics card is very underpowered and well below spec. This fix is not a guarenteed fix for everything. I will see if i can find a GF2mx in our office and give it a go.
First things first tho, update your drivers. they are very old.

Walmi Dapit
5th Jul 2005, 16:45
Dear JAYCW2309,

I will go ahead and upgrade my drivers sometime early this week. In the meantime, let me know either way if you can find the GF2MX.

Thank You Again for Your Past and Continued Help,
Walmi

MrGrumpy
12th Jul 2005, 14:56
I am so discouraged at this - really, for my kids sake. It is incomprehensible that Eidos would design this game for all ages for ALL AGES, yet develop it for a particular, relatively advanced, Video card technology that most kids don't have access to. Shame on you.

After hunting through all these forums, and others on the web, I have tried all the variations for the 3D Analysis utility that users swear will work, yet I still cannot get this darned game to run on my PC system. My video card is a gaming card that isn't even that old, and I have updated the latest drivers for it (Jun 05) et al.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8X video card. I would just like to be kept informed by Edios when a patch for this atrocious mess is released.

I have read far too many postings now about Lego Starwars that talk about disheartened kids for me to think that Edios could possibly ignore this problem.

Come on, you can patch it - for god's sake, at least do it for the kids.

Mr :mad:

ibda12u
16th Jul 2005, 18:54
I feel your frustration, but first off. the Geforce 2 MX line of video cards may not be old as in when you bought them, but they are technically pretty much the same as Geforce 2's. They just don't have the pixel shader chip built onto them, that is why they don't run the game.

My only suggestion is this, don't use the nvidia ver 77.72 driver.
If you are running an Nvidia video card with the latest driver version (77.72), then Lego Star Wars will crash with the "Failed to create d3d device" error. You will need to download and install the previous Nvidia driver to run this game. The link below will take you to the download page for Nvidia's previous driver version 71.89. Download it and install it per the instructions on the download page.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html

liberaldem
12th Aug 2005, 22:08
I am so discouraged at this - really, for my kids sake. It is incomprehensible that Eidos would design this game for all ages for ALL AGES, yet develop it for a particular, relatively advanced, Video card technology that most kids don't have access to. Shame on you.
yeah, that's a verr good point.

jaywalker2309
14th Aug 2005, 08:32

After hunting through all these forums, and others on the web, I have tried all the variations for the 3D Analysis utility that users swear will work, yet I still cannot get this darned game to run on my PC system. My video card is a gaming card that isn't even that old, and I have updated the latest drivers for it (Jun 05) et al.

I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8X video card. I would just like to be kept informed by Edios when a patch for this atrocious mess is released.

I have read far too many postings now about Lego Starwars that talk about disheartened kids for me to think that Edios could possibly ignore this problem.

Come on, you can patch it - for god's sake, at least do it for the kids.

Mr :mad:

Just a quick note for you. Eidos simply distributed the title, it was developed and published by Giant/Travellers Tales. We advised them about the spec being very high, but they had done a deal with nVidia.

I agree that a `kids` title should be accessible on as many pc's as possible. Not limited to just mid/top end graphic cards.

kloli
16th Aug 2005, 17:53
I have to vent my frustrations as well. I feel the same way. My 6 year old son has been asking for this game for so long and now and after getting it home he can't play it. I surely do not understand exactly what it needs....a new computer perhaps? I have a Sony Viao PCG-GRX520 Intel Pentium 4 with Windows XP. What am I lacking....or what exactly do I need to purchase to make this game work? I have never had this problem installing any other game. Boy am I PO'd!!! Thank you for any help or suggestions you could give me.

jaywalker2309
16th Aug 2005, 19:13
I have to vent my frustrations as well. I feel the same way. My 6 year old son has been asking for this game for so long and now and after getting it home he can't play it. I surely do not understand exactly what it needs....a new computer perhaps? I have a Sony Viao PCG-GRX520 Intel Pentium 4 with Windows XP. What am I lacking....or what exactly do I need to purchase to make this game work? I have never had this problem installing any other game. Boy am I PO'd!!! Thank you for any help or suggestions you could give me.

I believe that vaio comes with an ATI chipset which is lacknig the pixel shader requirement.

With the 3danalyse program you should be able to get it to run fine.

kloli
16th Aug 2005, 20:28
Thank you for responding. I did do the 3Danalyze program but when I selected Run I got a message saying it could not copy files or something similar. I am now trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong or what I could be doing right. I will probably be up all night. Thanks for any further input.

Lord_Chadman
20th Jan 2006, 05:51
The link that you gave didn't work for me... Anywhere else to look for that program at that you know of?

Jumpin_Jebus
20th Jan 2006, 18:00
You can find the 3D analyze program at the following link. 3D Analyze (http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/ )

Also, I just wanted to clarify a few things. The Pixel Shader technology in question is not "new" technology by any means. It first came out way back in late 2000 when Nvidia released the GeForce 3ti card, and ATI soon followed suit with the Radeon 8500.

From the information we have gathered here in support it looks like most of the people who experience the Pixel Shader problem with LSW and other games have systems made by major manufacturers (Dell, Compaq, HP, etc..) When purchasing a factory built system, unless you specifically request a "gaming" video card you will likely be stuck with a run-of-the-mill Intel integrated grpahics chip. Which IMHO are pretty much the worst video chips on the market. Another bad card is the Nvidia GeForce MX series (especially GF 4mx). Nvidia hyped the GF 4mx card to be the latest and greatest at very low cost, when it actually is about as powerful as a standard GF 2 card with more memory. But it still lacks Pixel Shader support, as well as some other hardware renderers.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that people should never assume a game will work on their system if they are not familiar with the hardware their system is running. If there is ever a doubt in your mind, hold off buying the game until you speak with the game's publisher. The tech support department at any publisher should be able to tell you with complete certainty whether or not a game will run on your system. Also keep in mind that most game publishers have E-Stores which do give refunds for games, unlike regular retail stores. For instance the Eidos E-Store has a no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee. Just food for thought. Happy Friday all! :thumbsup:

~Jebus

burke
24th Sep 2006, 13:38
First of all I would like to thank you all for your help, without you I would not have been directed to the 3D-Analyze v2.36b.

Try this, it actually worked for me.

When you open the 3D-Analyze v2.36b program go to the File Selection box and hit "Select", when the window opens go to the StarsWars Lego file and double click on the Lego StarWarsII.exe icon.

Under the DirectX 8.1 and 9.0 Options go down to the Pixel and Vertex Shader title and check off the box "Force max. pixel shader version 1.1".

Under the OpenGL Options, check off the "Force anisotropic filtering" box.

Next under the File Selection box Click On "Run".

This program must stay open in the background in order for the Lego StarsWars to operate.

Hope this works,

maximum
2nd Oct 2006, 22:02
I also bought lego starwars for my grandson. I originally installed 3-D analyzer and it ran just fine. Now I cannot get it to run at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3-d analyzer and the star wars game but keep getting the error message could not copy c:\\ForceDLL.dll to c:\\ForceDLL.dll!

I have an Intel82915G/GV/910GL card with a driver date of 8/14/2006 and driver version of 6.14.10.4670. When using 3-D analyzer I make sure that emulate HW tnl caps, emulate pixer shader caps, are ticked and I tried all the other things like force max pixer shader ver1.1 and force antristopic filtering but now nothing works.

Anyone got any ideas...

burke
22nd Oct 2006, 00:24
Maximum,

If you have not tried already, try the following:

Check off Force anisotropic filtering, Force max. pixel shader version 1.1 and emulate HW TnL Caps only. Look at the 3D Analyzer directory and see if the file hook_3DA.dll is in the directory. If not reinstall the 3D Analyzer and try again.

Hope this works.

Albert

Maria5
27th Dec 2006, 00:33
I also get the following message even after following burke's advice:

"Could not copy c:\Documents and Settings\[my last name]\MyDocuments\unzipped\3danalyzer-v236\ForceDLL.dll to E:\Program Files\LucasArts\Lego Star WarsII\ForceDLL.dll!"

I checked the directory and I do have the hook file you mentioned.

We used to be able to use the 3danalyzer program just fine with the Star Wars but now it no longer works. I even deleted all of the old 3dAnalyze programs and redownloaded just to see if it would work . . .but, alas,no.

Thanks for any help you could give.

Maria, mom to six disappointed kids

marmar
2nd Jan 2007, 11:44
First of all I would like to thank you all for your help, without you I would not have been directed to the 3D-Analyze v2.36b.

Try this, it actually worked for me.

When you open the 3D-Analyze v2.36b program go to the File Selection box and hit "Select", when the window opens go to the StarsWars Lego file and double click on the Lego StarWarsII.exe icon.

Under the DirectX 8.1 and 9.0 Options go down to the Pixel and Vertex Shader title and check off the box "Force max. pixel shader version 1.1".

Under the OpenGL Options, check off the "Force anisotropic filtering" box.

Next under the File Selection box Click On "Run".

This program must stay open in the background in order for the Lego StarsWars to operate.

Hope this works,

Thank you for this. I followed this tip to the letter and it worked fine for me. Good show.:thumbsup:

sarame287
22nd May 2008, 22:29
I tried doing what was suggested on this forum as well as an archived post that I found. And it didn't work. When I tried to extract the 3Danalyzer files from the zipped folder, it did them all except dat1.000, dat2.000, and dat3.000. I tried numerous ways of getting them out and the computer keeps giving me Error 0X80004005. When I did run 3Danalyzer (without the dat's) and clicked all the correct buttons and whatnot (as described in previous posts) it gives me one of two errors (I have tried this multiple times).

Error 1:
Could not copy
C:\Users\User\Desktop\3danalyzer-v236\3DAnalyzer-V236\ForceDLL.dll
to C:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\ForceDLL.dll !

Error 2:
Could not copy
C:\Users\User\Desktop\3danalyzer-v236\3DAnalyzer-V236\dat2.000
to C:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\openg132.dll !

I'm running Lego Star Wars using Windows Vista via Parallels on an iMac. My chipset model is ATI, RadeonHD2600. I could really use some help. *sigh*

Chechar
22nd Apr 2009, 18:23
my spec:
Intel 1.7 Ghz
GeForce MX440
512 DDR

no any kind of shader but I wanted to play "David Douliett Judo" which requires 64 Vram, pixel shader 1.4 and vertex shader... so I googled for emulating and downloaded "3danalyze v2.36b" like you and it works for me, frames are amazing and everything except a shadows are sometimes kind of gray, but it happened sometimes, usually shadows are normal, black, natural... here is a picture what I ticked in a 3danalyze, maybe it can help someone. I hope nobody won`t delete this post in a meantime...

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4887/46441709.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4887/46441709.jpg

Dracus7734
24th Sep 2011, 08:42
had the same problem trying to run Legacy of Kain: Defiance... this is a big issue with edios in my humble opinion... not sure what the drag will be on your processor is but mine is unbarable... the game lags like no other, a 30 second action takes about 2 minutes and my computer is quad core with 16G memory.
but anyway you have to run 3d analyse in administrator mode to save the "hack" files in the program files folder, where your game is stored. just right click on the program, choose properties, goto compatability tab and check the Run as Administrator box before you run the program

nightshader2011
7th Dec 2012, 16:50
you can solve this problem that error while injecting dll into target process

you have probably changed the properties from the main game icon i.e you have changed compatibility from xp to 7 or vice versa so you should verify the properties of main game icon to default settings and then retry with 3d analyzer

legostarwarshappymom
16th Jul 2015, 05:25
As a mom who knows next to nothing about computers, here's how I got my son's game Lego Star Wars Complete Saga to work using 3d analyzer. First, I went to the games files both on the dvd drive file and in the program x 86 files (under lucas films), and told them to allow sharing under advanced sharing (I think it was under properties). This causes me to get no more "can't do this and can't do that" messages.
Once that is done:
1) Go to programx86 and access 3DA as program administrator!
2) Select file by browsing for programx86 lucas films lego game exe file
3) on 3DA screen, check HW Tnl caps (I only need this one, not the others that other people have mentioned)
4) press "Run"
5) Game plays.
PS: I would not have been able to do this without the 3DA tip to begin with, so thanks from my boys :)
I sure hope this helps some other parent/child!
Dear JAYCW2309

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I did tick the Pixel Shader in the 3D Analysis Product. I did this both by itself and with the TnL Caps tick. The error messages I received were either:

"Error while injecting dll into target process"

or

"Unable to copy C:\[FILENAME].dll into C:\[FILEPATH]"
(Something like this message, I'm going off memory).

I have not been able to run the game, even with this product. Do you have any suggestions (i.e. is there a certain folder or subfolder I need to place this product in to run properly, is there another product that would better suit my hardware configuration, etc.).

Again, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank You In Advance,
Walmi