PDA

View Full Version : playing wih Spain

lokito
29th Jun 2005, 08:55
Playing with Spain is possible.

I did not test other countries but I think it´s possible too.

----------------------

1.- Make a backup of DefModeloGestion.mng file. The file is in ...\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes directory

2.- Dowload a HEX editor. I use WinHex, for example

3.- Edit DefModeloGestion.mng file with WinHex (don´t use notepad or another ASCII editor!!!!) and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA and viceversa in the begining of the file.

4.- save

5.- make a backup of the following files in ......\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion directory

defsInicialesJugadores.sb
defsInicialesLocalEasy.sb
defsInicialesLocalMedium.sb
defsInicialesLocalHard.sb

6.- edit the following files with notepad in ......\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion directory

defsInicialesJugadores.sb
defsInicialesLocalEasy.sb
defsInicialesLocalMedium.sb
defsInicialesLocalHard.sb

and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA and viceversa

7.- Make a backup of DefsBalanceoJugadores.sb file in ... \Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Balanceo

8.- edit DefsBalanceoJugadores.sb file in ... \Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Balanceo with notepad and and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA and viceversa

----------------

The following steps are for text purpouses. The directory of the files involved depends of your language version. My version is Spanish so I have to edit the files in ... \Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\ directory

---------------

9.- make a backup of the following files:
TextFlotasEspanya.sb
TextFlotasFrancia.sb
in ... \Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\Management\TextNombresFlotas directory

10.- rename TextFlotasEspanya.sb as TextFlotasEspanya-changeme.sb

11.- rename TextFlotasFrancia.sb as TextFlotasFrancia-changeme.sb

12.- edit TextFlotasEspanya-changeme.sb with notepad and replace JUG_ESPANYA by JUG_FRANCIA. Rename the file as TextFlotasFrancia.sb

13.- edit TextFlotasFrancia-change.sb with notepad and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA. Rename the file as TextFlotasEspanya.sb

14.- Repeat steps 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 for

TextOficialesFrancia.sb
TextOficialesFrancia.sb

in ...\Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\Management\TextNombresOficiales directory

15.- Make a backup of

TextHerederos.sb

in ...\Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\Management

16.- Replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_SPANYA and viceversa

17.- And that´s all for now

------------

I had no time at the moment to check if there are more files involved.

What AI is going to use France now???

-------

I hope the post is clear enough, my english is not very good I´m afraid

Silent_Scope
29th Jun 2005, 15:24
cool nice work

Palafox
2nd Jul 2005, 03:02
Lokito, tienes mi lealtad hasta el fin de mis d*as: eres el rey. Much*simas gracias, compadre, voy a probarlo ahora mismo. Por fin podré darles caña a casacones y gabachos por igual. Me gotea el colmillo. ;)

-------------
For the rest of the guys here: assuming this great fellow is a spanish speaker, I warmly thank him for doing this possible.

chex
2nd Jul 2005, 06:02
I can not find the directory ...\Imperial Glory\Game\, in my hard disk,there are only two directories(audio and videos) in the directory ...\Imperial Glory.

Mister Nock
2nd Jul 2005, 08:53
I can not find the directory ...\Imperial Glory\Game\, in my hard disk,there are only two directories(audio and videos) in the directory ...\Imperial Glory.

You need to extract the "data.pak" file methinks, look at the sticky topic on modding for how to do this.

chex
2nd Jul 2005, 09:06
You need to extract the "data.pak" file methinks, look at the sticky topic on modding for how to do this.
hehe, I got it, thank you buddy :D

juster
3rd Jul 2005, 12:48
mhhh... :confused:

Lokito, what should I do to play as Piemonte? I tried to follow your steps, but I think this works with Spain only... I THINK.

juster
4th Jul 2005, 14:20
P.S.

Do you know how can I rename Piemonte as "Regno di Sardegna" ("Kingdom of Sardinia")? tnx :p