PDA

View Full Version : Autocracy / democracy

mattdanielc
29th Jun 2005, 08:35
Hi,
I've done a search on this forum, trying to find out which system works best, and from the look of it, the only benefit of autocracy is that you have military hospitals, so you can 'refresh' your troops. Is that correct? Whereas in democracy you get more trade bonuses etc....

So my question is...in your opinion which system is best and why ? :)

Cheers..

Mister Nock
29th Jun 2005, 09:00
I guess it depends on the Empire you're playing and also your style of play. I havent had enough experience to come to a conclusion on my favorite yet, but I currently have two games going. With England I am conquring Europe peacefully which takes a lot of money, and with Prussia I am just invading everybody, I which case, Autocracy might be the better option.

There is also the fact that other empires will like/dislike you based on your government, If you choose the same as them, their sympathy for you will go up, and visa-versa.

Grubnessul
29th Jun 2005, 09:51
I don't think the goverment forms make really much difference in my second game with Russia (absolute monarchy) I had a relation of 100 with England (democratic)

I've never tried democratic yet but the military hospitals seems to be a giant bonus to me

Cpt.HooK
29th Jun 2005, 11:09
I've played 2 games so far both as England first game was demorcatic you get trade bonuses and you can marry your hier off to anex a minor nation when you have done correct research.
There are a few tech's that are dependant on which type of gorvernment you have,There are also exclusive quests.
In my last game i was autocratic which gives you huge military boosts healing and conscription are very handy.

Cappadocian
30th Jun 2005, 17:47
I've played 2 games so far both as England first game was demorcatic you get trade bonuses and you can marry your hier off to anex a minor nation when you have done correct research.

No you cannot, under the Democratic rule your heir will leave you to persue his/her own life the way they choose instead of letting themselves get married off to a total stranger.

DukeofSerbia
30th Jun 2005, 18:40
My first game with Russia - democracy - constitutional monarcy - EASY peacfull annexation and more money! Who cares for hospitals until you can merge units!

5/77 Armd
30th Jun 2005, 19:53
I love the military hospitals. You're units retain all their experience instead of getting it diluted with a fresh unit. Plus, a unit can be fully restored in one turn. It really sucks having to wait three turns for a rifleman or dragoon.

giskard
6th Jul 2005, 19:12
Basically it boils down this this.

If you want to conquer the world by force every time then the Autocracy route is best. If you want to win buy any means including annexation then the Democracy route is best. Each type of Government is rigged up to best achieve those ends in those ways. So it depends on your style of play.

Are you a dictator bent on using miltery force or not ? :)

Im sure you agree, the idea is very simple yet very effect in game play terms :)P

Giskard