PDA

View Full Version : When a patch is going to be released??

Sotos
28th Jun 2005, 10:25
Well it has passed almost 2 months

Can we hope that a patch will be released and some of the Suggestions for fixes\additons\changes etc that have been discussed in here implemented in it

Is it going to be available soon or after 2010 perhaps :rolleyes:

Captain.Crunch
28th Jun 2005, 13:11
Well it has passed almost 2 months

Can we hope that a patch will be released and some of the Suggestions for fixes\additons\changes etc that have been discussed in here implemented in it

Is it going to be available soon or after 2010 perhaps :rolleyes:

I am sure they are working on it a little bit of patience and yes that might be another month or more so just hang in there i would like to see it just as much as anyone else but im enjoying the game how it is at the moment because im sure there is an update coming.

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 13:54
... or they've moved onto their next project, as this one is considered finished?

They are working on a patch. We are expecting it in QA shortly

Nial
29th Jun 2005, 14:17
Thanks Jaycw. Appreciate the news. :thumbsup:

Sotos
29th Jun 2005, 20:04

Now that's some good news at last ;) :thumbsup:

Queeg
29th Jun 2005, 20:13
Excellent!

Captain.Crunch
29th Jun 2005, 22:14
told ya's there working on something so can all relax now. ;)

moetman
30th Jun 2005, 00:51
Fantastic News : Thanks Jas , I'm sure all our hopes for this game will be realized. :)

Gelatinous Cube
30th Jun 2005, 01:03
If you're expecting it in QA shortly, that means that you probably have a good idea of what's in the patch? Care to share?

Elkin
30th Jun 2005, 14:55
If you're expecting it in QA shortly, that means that you probably have a good idea of what's in the patch? Care to share?

Woah slow down!

First you want to find out if theyre working on a patch...
Then you want to know whats in it....
Next thing youll want to know is when its being released!!
Sheesh, some people are never satisfied :D

(ps. this is not intended to flame you, just trying to add a bit of humour. Were all waiting in aniticipation fr the patch :) )

officerpuppy
30th Jun 2005, 15:11
You forgot to add one more to your list, after its released, when will the 2nd patch come out. :p

Elkin
30th Jun 2005, 15:15
You forgot to add one more to your list, after its released, when will the 2nd patch come out. :p

lol. harsh, but no doubt true. :D

They cant possibly get all the suggestions and fixes in such a short space of time so theyll get out the niggly annoying ones and most requested probably..then hopefull theyll have some peace and quiet to fix the rest later without us lot giving them grief. ;)

Nice to see that they actually do care though and that work is being done to improve the relationship with its customers. :thumbsup:

Sharpe
30th Jun 2005, 15:24
I think we can be sure that they will not have fixed the naval battles thing with ships diappearing. I doubt we'll see pause and command or a speed-slider either.

Sithaka
30th Jun 2005, 16:41
I think we can be sure that they will not have fixed the naval battles thing with ships diappearing.
Seeing as those ships disappear because they are over the edge of the battle most likely (atleast that is the case for me always) and that is designed, they cant fix that. They could redesign it, but it isnt a bug so there is nothing to fix.

Mister Nock
30th Jun 2005, 16:52
Seeing as those ships disappear because they are over the edge of the battle most likely (atleast that is the case for me always) and that is designed, they cant fix that. They could redesign it, but it isnt a bug so there is nothing to fix.

I'm pretty sure it is a bug, I have my ships dissapering when the enemy is closer to the edge than I am, yet he never disapears. I was playing today (3 vs 1) and suddenly all 3 of my ships vanished at once. Only one of them was close to the edge. :mad:

Sithaka
30th Jun 2005, 21:14
I'm pretty sure it is a bug, I have my ships dissapering when the enemy is closer to the edge than I am, yet he never disapears. I was playing today (3 vs 1) and suddenly all 3 of my ships vanished at once. Only one of them was close to the edge. :mad:
however the AI goes from over the edge to safe and you most likely kept your ships continually over it. If ships are over it they have some time to get back, before they disappear. It isnt about how far away you are, but how long over the edge you are (and it doesnt matter if you are in total 15 minutes over the edge in a 20 minute fight as long as you re enter the area on time).
And the AI will usually never go far over the edge and tend to return to safety immediatly, which is why I assume he kept your ships just over the edge constantly and he kept zigzagging(as I have seen the AI do that often) back and forth over the edge.

And not every edge is at the edge of the mini map, the one where the wind blows to is actually a bit infront of it. If you cant move your camera further than you hit the edge. So a nice way to know how far your ship has to go before returning is get the camera on the edge swing it so it faces along it and you have a reasonable idea.

They could however improve the mini map and possibly the rules regarding ships disappearing or actually showing on the water where the edge seeing as the AI KNOWS where it is though.

Mister Nock
30th Jun 2005, 22:09
what I mean is, I have returned from the edge (or at least I think I have, as I'm well away from the edge of the mini map, THEN the ship disapears. Maybe it's just me not knowing where the edge is. However, I usally seem to get "your ship that was leaving the engagement has RETURNED!" and yet it still dissapears after that.

Either way, you are absolutly right, it needs to be made clearer where the edge is, so that at least should be in the patch.

Also, I really hate that camera thing yopu mentioned, coz when you're near the edge so cant see the battle from the angle you want and you cant move backwards to get a wider view of the battle, etc. Maybe I'm just nit-picking here, but it does annoy me.

Sithaka
1st Jul 2005, 01:07
what I mean is, I have returned from the edge (or at least I think I have, as I'm well away from the edge of the mini map, THEN the ship disapears. Maybe it's just me not knowing where the edge is. However, I usally seem to get "your ship that was leaving the engagement has RETURNED!" and yet it still dissapears after that.
sadly however that message also appears if the enemies ships do it. And yes I would say that is bug. You can however tell if your ships are over the edge as they should have some red symbol above them flickering on and off if they are (never bothered to see what it actually is).

Also, I really hate that camera thing you mentioned, coz when you're near the edge so cant see the battle from the angle you want and you cant move backwards to get a wider view of the battle, etc. Maybe I'm just nit-picking here, but it does annoy me. You could pause the game and move the camera to another side of the battle and then get a wider view. Allthough yes you cant get it from that angle.
However I kind of like it, seeing as the combat edge isnt on the same location as the minimap edge, it is a way to know where it is. Allthough a simple option to turn on/off a line displaying it and having some more space for the camera, would be better.

GenMoore
2nd Jul 2005, 10:40
That is good news indeed, have been playing other games till the patch comes out. :)

But like the way this game is going, hope this patch will fix most of the pesky faults, can wait :) .

Rome total war, is the game for me at the mo, but prefer the Napolionic period. :D

ilovestrategygames
2nd Jul 2005, 23:30
Thanks Jaycw, you made my day! :thumbsup:

ArmoredCav
5th Jul 2005, 18:40
As I see all the suggestions, I'm just wondering if there's a timetable up for when Eidos will release a patch for IG.

Perhaps with all my [not so?] brilliant suggestions incorporated?

Irish2
5th Jul 2005, 18:52
My best would be the end of August. I wonder where Berdan and some of the other earlier modders went to. I hope they are working with Eidos to release a bunch of accurate skins with the patch.

My only major wants from the patch are:
1. AI unit build logic. Would like to see it produce more high end units.
2. Accurate skins and varying unit stats for each country.
3. AI to go after quests. It seems that they do the first 1 or 2, but it would be nice if they went for them all.
4. AI to try to deliver Knockout Blow when it has the chance. It doesn't seem to be agressive enough sometiumes when it could go for the win.

Webrider
6th Jul 2005, 02:17
They could fix naval battles with a white boarder around the edge of the map like the Star Fleet Command series did with its space battles, its not the best looking solution but it is functional. Another necesity is pause to give orders so your ships dont just run off the map .. or even let the ai control your ships but the command ship if you like.

At least the boarder that should be a simple fix... you could even make it selectable so those that gripe could be happy.

sondishG
6th Jul 2005, 15:46
Thats all important, but most of all i think morale is really urgent!!
with morale in the RTS battles, the battles would become much deeper and tactically more advanced ...

Queeg
6th Jul 2005, 17:40
Thats all important, but most of all i think morale is really urgent!!
with morale in the RTS battles, the battles would become much deeper and tactically more advanced ...

I agree with that in theory. In practice, though, it doesn't always make for a better game. I find I actually enjoy the battles in IG more than in RTW, for example, because I always found it too easy to rout my enemies there. Having a morale system is fine in theory, unless it makes the battles too easy.

Nial
8th Jul 2005, 17:08
I agree with that in theory. In practice, though, it doesn't always make for a better game. I find I actually enjoy the battles in IG more than in RTW, for example, because I always found it too easy to rout my enemies there. Having a morale system is fine in theory, unless it makes the battles too easy.

Agreed, moral needs to be impemented carefully. It could easily skew the game balance.

Sotos
8th Jul 2005, 19:13
I do not think MORALE as you want it can be implemented in a patch for these game...
so talking about it probably is a waste of time

Maybe in a Expansion

I hope i am wrong and morale can be implented in a patch in these game but i do not think so
It will need a lot of work to achieve these and really a BIG patch something that companies most time avoid

Anyway the reason that i create these thread was to learn a Official date about a patch release

There is already another thread for making suggestions of what you want in a patch

monkeytart
9th Jul 2005, 09:49
what do u mean by QA jay? plz help me out people because i think this is a great game but i dont even know a thing about upgrades, but i would really like to have IG upgraded (fixed), so plz help on how to download patches.

Cpt.HooK
9th Jul 2005, 10:08
By Q&A he means questions and answers i don't we will see a patch till next month at the earlyest.

Mike_B
9th Jul 2005, 10:12
The QA he meant was Quality Assurance though. They will test the patch first before it is released.

Monkeymanbob
12th Jul 2005, 18:57
Do we have any dates on this yet? any clues to whats gonna be included posted anywhere?????

masteradnin255
12th Jul 2005, 20:29
Also in the patch the ottoman empire should be playable because you cannot deny that they were a major power in that era...

Phillippe
12th Jul 2005, 21:14
Actually, that wasn't really the case, they were a failing power, although having a large empire, it was mainly because of lack of interest from major powers for the territory and when they were, it was generally taken.

[Although some time later, Italy, a weak power took Libya from Ottoman Empire...]

I mean they called the "Cold of Europe" for godsake.

But I still like the idea of more choices for who you can be. Maybe you can either play "Major Power Campaign" with those choices, or less accurate with "Minor Power Campaign".

Ironhand
14th Jul 2005, 01:58
The Sick Man of Europe actually. IIRC there was a proposal from Napoleon to partition the Ottoman Empire between France And Russia. A long sad fall from Suleiman the Magnificent and the Koprulus.

I still remember rolling over them in a multi-player Empires in Arms game. And as it happens, in Crown of Glory I'm playing Turkey.

wolfetone
14th Jul 2005, 09:38
Ok, it's been a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time. Where's the pacth. At least an ETA would be nice. Any word? Anything? :confused:

zizzenet
14th Jul 2005, 12:59
Ok, it's been a longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time. Where's the pacth. At least an ETA would be nice. Any word? Anything? :confused:

Hihi, as if i were at RTW official forum :))

Emperor of the French
14th Jul 2005, 22:14
Though one must realize that the Sublime Porte was still militarily viable at least into the Crimean War, at which point its future was looking very dim indeed. By the First World War, the former successor to Constantinopolis controlled nothing larger than Asia Minor.

Sir Crow
16th Jul 2005, 17:00
I'm reminded of that mod for HL2, DOD source where it says 'it's coming soon' that was months ago, lol.

Mike_B
16th Jul 2005, 19:07
The changes of the patch being released are higher though, if it should be in Q&A soon that means it's pretty much finished and only needs testing.

Queeg
16th Jul 2005, 19:51
Good news. Thanks.

Sir Crow
16th Jul 2005, 23:41
any chance of us testing it?

monkeytart
17th Jul 2005, 07:53
i just hope our spanish friends found a way to communicate somehow, even the slightest bit, with a dev, etc. i really really hope they told them what needs to be fixed, because i dont think most of their employees could understand english. :)

Mike_B
17th Jul 2005, 09:32
any chance of us testing it?

As far as I know it's only tested intern unless that would have changed. I'm sure someone else can shed some light on that matter.

i just hope our spanish friends found a way to communicate somehow, even the slightest bit, with a dev, etc. i really really hope they told them what needs to be fixed, because i dont think most of their employees could understand english. :)

I believe the policy is that most of them speak both English and Spanish, maybe not everyone but I'm sure there are enough people there who understand English.

Phillippe
17th Jul 2005, 12:49
My questions is about how they'd get the update to people, like who aren't in the knowledge such as us? Since there isn't any online community done by them...

Mike_B
17th Jul 2005, 14:27
My questions is about how they'd get the update to people, like who aren't in the knowledge such as us? Since there isn't any online community done by them...

Probably like any other game. They put it on their site probably on the game site and spread the news to the game sites. And maybe also via that gameshow program that came with the game.

Oststar
17th Jul 2005, 16:35
Adding morale might be difficult but there is no way it's impossible: the morale system is only perceived in your mind as different. Given that it is possible to force units to retreat and such a morale system is "simply" lots of code/psuedocode pertaining to situations that a unit will find itself in. For example the code/psuedocode might be for example (though of course it isn't coded like that) "If the battalion finds itself charged at by Guardsmen battalion will rout. Unless unit is close to friendly Grenadier or better battalion or etc" so morale is simply an effect like cannons can't fire unless the player presses unlimber. It's all a matter of input and result, though morale is a lot of OR values. So the issue isn't so much that it can be done as "Will Pyro dedicate the effort for no visible profit?" even though IG sales will increase once people hear of the morale system, whereas company high ups only see sales and say "all is good" they don't see that spending several weeks coding morale would bring in much larger sales and hence make bigger profit. So this issue is will they not can they.

Webrider
17th Jul 2005, 22:21
6 weeks no patch,,see you in a month,

Saw the Edios needs help thread.... owww :eek:

Hope they still put out a decent patch.

Later

Eruan
18th Jul 2005, 01:26
A patch needs time to be made, especially the team takes a break after the game is released. No point ranting about it, just sit down and wait :D

Eruan
18th Jul 2005, 20:28
That's exactly it! Just wait for the official announcement

Pepe Hillo
20th Jul 2005, 12:15

Monkey, I'm spanish. I wrote an email to pyro asking if they were working for a patch. I sent it to their HQ in Madrid. I had never got an answer. That was a month ago.

Don't worry about language considerations. Those guys MUST understand english, if they don't they don't join dev's team. I'm engineer and I know what I'm talking about.

Phillippe
20th Jul 2005, 21:29
Well, maybe this change of hands in ownership is having a serious effect on the team, lets give them time to work it through.

Mike_B
22nd Jul 2005, 15:15
A bit of news on the patch from the producer :)

Yes there is a patch being worked on now. It'll fix some of the concerns that people have had on the forums, but undoubtedly not all.

It'll hopefully be out in a couple of weeks. It's almost complete, but we're just finalising a few things and completing testing.

Wilden
22nd Jul 2005, 15:27
YAY!!!!!!!!!

Phillippe
22nd Jul 2005, 16:46
If you add a SECRET SUPAH BATTAL CRUISAR i'll be really happy.

I don't know why, but i will. Also that, and like the ability to have more than two sides playing on a single map would be SWEET.

Broadside
22nd Jul 2005, 17:49
Yes there is a patch being worked on now. It'll fix some of the concerns that people have had on the forums, but undoubtedly not all.

It'll hopefully be out in a couple of weeks. It's almost complete, but we're just finalising a few things and completing testing.

Now that is good news :thumbsup: - I was about to relegate this game to the shelf through frustration and a little boredom with it also. Lets hope the patch refreshes the gameplay somewhat.

Lt. Kyuzo
22nd Jul 2005, 17:52
YAY!!!!!!!!!
I second that :D

monkeytart
23rd Jul 2005, 04:14
:D :o ............................

Phillippe
24th Jul 2005, 12:15
Please don't be a EA Patch wannabi and mess the game up more than before...