PDA

View Full Version : Officerpuppy mods

timetraveller
27th Jun 2005, 09:54
Officerpuppy asked me to relay his mods information over here.

He already has a couple of mods available, with more coming.

Naval flag and sound mods are done, plus an upcomming formation mod which changes the way infantry carry their rifles while marching.

The first two are available on the download database at TAFN:
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/html/index.php

TT

By the way guys, he's signed up but awaiting his e-mail to get in over here.

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 10:40

When did he sign up?

Captain.Crunch
27th Jun 2005, 11:41
officerpuppy is a very valuable asset to this game. One smart cookie glad we have him around :thumbsup: if he can get someone to give him some files from the euro version of the game he also is working on a blood mod for the U.S version but is stuck on no one wanting to pass the files to him that he requires so please pitch in.

Cpt.HooK
27th Jun 2005, 11:46
What files does he need?

I'd be more than happy to help.

timetraveller
27th Jun 2005, 12:27
When did he sign up?

I dunno, Jaycw. I'm just relaying what he told me in a PM over at TAFN. He asked if I could post his mods over here for him. Said he had signed up and never got the e-mail confirmation.

TT

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 13:28
I dunno, Jaycw. I'm just relaying what he told me in a PM over at TAFN. He asked if I could post his mods over here for him. Said he had signed up and never got the e-mail confirmation.

TT

Will chase it up for him

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 13:46
Well unless i am a complete idiot and cant use admin tools he should have received the email confirming his account now :)

timetraveller
27th Jun 2005, 16:07
Thanks mate.

TT

officerpuppy
28th Jun 2005, 04:15
Thanks TM, thanks guys. I can finally post on here :cool: Im glad you guys like my mods so far, personally I think the Naval flags mods were my best, but im glad some enjoy the others as well.

As for blood, I am still tinkering around a bit. Earlier I changed a texture to plain red to test it out and I got a really "bloody" looking effect when a cannon ball hits the ground, when it hits infantry it looks like one big bloody mess.

monkeytart
9th Jul 2005, 12:35
officerpuppy is a very valuable asset to this game. One smart cookie glad we have him around :thumbsup: if he can get someone to give him some files from the euro version of the game he also is working on a blood mod for the U.S version but is stuck on no one wanting to pass the files to him that he requires so please pitch in.
my freind, finally someone is willing to add blood and gore to the us version, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

monkeytart
9th Jul 2005, 12:40
Officerpuppy asked me to relay his mods information over here.

He already has a couple of mods available, with more coming.

Naval flag and sound mods are done, plus an upcomming formation mod which changes the way infantry carry their rifles while marching.

The first two are available on the download database at TAFN:
http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/imperialglory/html/index.php

TT

hey, ppl, officer puppy made many new mods, i downloaded them but i dont know where to save them (for the gun carrying mod), plz help me as i am desperate.

officerpuppy
9th Jul 2005, 14:25
The files for the formation mod go into:

Imperial Glory/Models/00EjercitoBase/Infanteria

Now there are six different files, all six go into different folders in the 00EjercitoBase/Infanteria directory.

It's just a matter of matching the name of the files included, with the folders.
Such as the file "GenericoA2_ANM" would go in the folder called "GenericoA2".

Hope this helps. :cool:

Phillippe
9th Jul 2005, 17:56
I think what we need to do is work on larger mods, I'm looking for people to start given me some patch wants, such as numbers on things, Ai and such, so I can mess these to create a "Fake - Players Patch" since it is just messing with numbers.

I've already began cataloging the whole of the .sb files about what they are on about and will provide that as soon as possible.

monkeytart
10th Jul 2005, 02:58
The files for the formation mod go into:

Imperial Glory/Models/00EjercitoBase/Infanteria

Now there are six different files, all six go into different folders in the 00EjercitoBase/Infanteria directory.

It's just a matter of matching the name of the files included, with the folders.
Such as the file "GenericoA2_ANM" would go in the folder called "GenericoA2".

Hope this helps. :cool:
but thats exactly my problem, there is no "models" folder in my imperial glory. and what do u mean by six different files and matching them? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

monkeytart
10th Jul 2005, 03:00
by the way, ppl, i went into my imperial glory folders and u know how u cant open a PAK file? so how am i suppose to put data in it!? plz help, im a newbie

officerpuppy
10th Jul 2005, 05:53
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51894

Ah, perhaps you have not unziped your files yet? Follow that link, you will need Winrar.

monkeytart
10th Jul 2005, 08:57
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=51894

Ah, perhaps you have not unziped your files yet? Follow that link, you will need Winrar.
sorry to ask but what is winrar? how do u use it? how do u get it?

monkeytart
10th Jul 2005, 09:06
sorry for the problem officerpuppy but another question :o . last week, i cant open a PAK file in my imperial glory folder, and it tells u that windows needs to indentify the program that has created it, so i chose browse and i accidentally clicked on an SB file! and now my PAK file has turned into an SB file!!! how am i suppose to turn it back into a PAK? thnx :o :o

Cpt.HooK
10th Jul 2005, 09:34
Simply change the file extension from .sb to .pak should work.

http://www.rarlab.com/

monkeytart
10th Jul 2005, 09:38
Simply change the file extension from .sb to .pak should work.

http://www.rarlab.com/
how do i do that?

Cpt.HooK
10th Jul 2005, 09:42
Just rename the file from data.sb to data.pak :)

Phillippe
10th Jul 2005, 22:04
But how can you turn it into a different extension type without renaming it so?

monkeytart
11th Jul 2005, 08:39
Just rename the file from data.sb to data.pak :)
i tried, and it doesn't make one bit of difference, i renamed it, but the image, properties, file type, and everything stays the same, they all say it is a SB file! :( :( :(

monkeytart
11th Jul 2005, 08:41
in fact, it is not my data file, but my config file and game file that has been changed into an SB.

monkeytart
11th Jul 2005, 08:58
can someone plz tell an idiot like me how to use winrar? thnx :o

ps. ur help will be appreciated greatly! :o

Mister Nock
11th Jul 2005, 09:41
can someone plz tell an idiot like me how to use winrar? thnx :o

ps. ur help will be appreciated greatly! :o

The same way you use Winzip. Select the files(s), click extract and browse to where you want to extract to.

monkeytart
11th Jul 2005, 12:58
The same way you use Winzip. Select the files(s), click extract and browse to where you want to extract to.
why do u need to extract, to where should i extract it to?

Mister Nock
11th Jul 2005, 13:33
I take it your refering to data.pak?

You need to extract it so you can edit/replace the files within it.

Extract it to the same place the .pak is in. (The Imperial Glory folder.)

Phillippe
11th Jul 2005, 20:00
However, I've noted slower loading times when doing this, and don't have it extracted and have the data.pak still could data.pak, because that really annoys it.

make sure you change data.pak to data.pak.bak or something like that.

Colosseum
12th Jul 2005, 01:32
Hey officerpuppy! Are you the same from Pirates Ahoy? I recognize your name from a Master and Commander Soundtrack mod.

monkeytart
12th Jul 2005, 14:10
thnx ppl :)

officerpuppy
13th Jul 2005, 03:41
Yes, I am the same one, you might of seen me around in such games as, SWAT 3, Mafia, Pirates of the Carribean, Call of Duty, Startrek: Brige Commander, and of course, IG.

Phillippe
13th Jul 2005, 13:03
CoD :) Great Game!