PDA

View Full Version : Dam france!

deadboy10
26th Jun 2005, 09:05
I am great britain and conquered spain and all regions of france ( except paris ).
I yust entered 2 era to btw.
Now i got 3 armies, cononels with 9 line infantry and 3 militia units, to annex france.
Okay annex 6 procent next turn, they revolt ...
My forces where big enough to counter the revolution, but where weakened in the process..
Next turn another revolution same size....

What to do? My armies have waged war , came out victorious, i killed the great ( and alot ) armies of france only to be killed by revolutions?
Is there an other way to take paris?

Cpt.HooK
26th Jun 2005, 09:44
Does the rest of France belong to you or do you just occupy it ?
You may need to make peace for the captured lands to be handed over to you.
If the captured regions have little red flags in them you don't get any resources from them.
And i don't think 9 line infantry and some peasants can take and hold Paris

deadboy10
26th Jun 2005, 11:12
Thats the max i can settle there..
I yust occupy the lands but i will try to make peace, thanx

Inferior Being
26th Jun 2005, 11:13
...Everyday conversations you don't hear anywhere but in the IG forum... :D

Taka29
13th Jul 2005, 06:26
I am great britain and conquered spain and all regions of france ( except paris ).
I yust entered 2 era to btw.
Now i got 3 armies, cononels with 9 line infantry and 3 militia units, to annex france.
Okay annex 6 procent next turn, they revolt ...
My forces where big enough to counter the revolution, but where weakened in the process..
Next turn another revolution same size....

What to do? My armies have waged war , came out victorious, i killed the great ( and alot ) armies of france only to be killed by revolutions?
Is there an other way to take paris?

DUde I am having the same problems as well...the French malitias are insane man..they come out every turns. But, eventurely I managed to conqure france with 12 armies. but ...cost me loads of resources and population. NOw, the land is dead and I m afraid to give the power back to France. Since it takes me so much effort to take over it.

Wiltshire Tony
13th Jul 2005, 07:31
Militia are p*ss simple to deal with. Just get your infantry to form square formation and they will bounce off you until the last one is dispatched. But trying to take Paris with your strength of force is never going to be easy (possible?).

Cpt.HooK
13th Jul 2005, 12:07
I don't like fighting in the cities full stop also i wouldn't try to take Paris with line infantry and militias :p

Phillippe
13th Jul 2005, 13:00
For taking France, it can't stand people being in its territory, so once you've taken everywhere but Paris, wait till he has wasted his forces attacking you, and then force peace on him. This'll normally been easy and then you can build up quickly and towards taking Paris.

Squares and forcing him to go for you is my technique.

Oststar
13th Jul 2005, 15:43
There seems to be a bug with the annexing function of the game: i've often knocked small countries like Peidmont or even spain once i've annexed Catalonia and the other northern province, with single captains with two Line infantry and one light infantry unit. Other times Three Colonels with Six Inf, Three Light, Two Cav and One Cannon will get revolts after three turns. It makes no sense: station small forces and they don't raise patriot armies. Station massive armies and they raise patriot armies. Pyros needs to go over the coding and see what went wrong. They probably never will though.

Phillippe
13th Jul 2005, 15:58
Strange, I've never really have serious revolts when placing large armies...Maybe its just enemy players noticing large armies and placing revolts to deal with you?

deadboy10
13th Jul 2005, 19:30
The problem is solved ( a long time ago :p ) now i am ruler of the world.
Yust position a unit or 2 in every province france has ( except paris ) , kill armies, make peace and voila france cant do anything because with 1 province you dont make alot of money.
Later you yust march in with colonels, grenadiers and that stuff.

Oststar
15th Jul 2005, 04:25
Strange, I've never really have serious revolts when placing large armies...Maybe its just enemy players noticing large armies and placing revolts to deal with you?

I didn't think you could set off revolts in the first age? Also i've only reached the third age just now in the campain i'm playing and everyone else is still early 2nd or late 1st age, (France and Russia are the only other empires left plus five non-empire nations), so can they be inciting revolts with that technology level?

Emperor of the French
16th Jul 2005, 00:20
Vive la France! Vive l'Empire! Vive l'Empereur!

:-) Sorry for the overenthusiastic spam.

theenglishdude
2nd Aug 2005, 16:00
DONT make me retaliate with Roar Britannia :mad: ;)

p.s God save the queen;)

Emperor of the French
3rd Aug 2005, 05:11
DONT make me retaliate with Roar Britannia :mad: ;)

p.s God save the queen;)

Don't mind if you do. EIIR is a great queen.

Also, Britannia herself is a neat little national symbol and one I quite fancy.

theenglishdude
3rd Aug 2005, 12:03
HAHHAHA LOL well you and the celts would get on :thumbsup:

they worshipped the deity Britannia as an embodiment of the homeland :thumbsup:

p.s thanks for the compliment on the queen up here in liverpool i seem to be the only one who loves the queen :(