PDA

View Full Version : Deployment issues

big_mace
26th Jun 2005, 08:55
Hi
Is there any way to rotate units when deploying them, like in Rome TW?
So far all I can do is put them somewhere, but they may be facing in the wrong direction. This results in frantic redeployment at the start of the battle!! :eek:

Thanks

Cpt.HooK
26th Jun 2005, 09:58
Select the troops left click then when you go to deploy with right click hold it down and you see troops formation in little green circles and the direction they are facing in little gold arrow :thumbsup:

My biggest headache is having to make sure my infantry lines aren't too close to my artilary when they open fire :eek:

Mister Nock
26th Jun 2005, 19:55
i believe mace means when you are deploying them at the start. I also would like to know if this is possible, coz I haven't found out how to do it.

Cpt.HooK
26th Jun 2005, 20:48
I think you can only drag and drop before you press the start battle button then you just hold down right mouse when deployiny to line them up.

Lt. Kyuzo
28th Jun 2005, 10:53
looks like this is another thing that eidos missed out, a good game but not finished from what i have seen

Cpt.HooK
28th Jun 2005, 11:32
I still don't under stand the issue,If it is just that you cannot set you troops into formation before you press start i don't think this is a problem.
They usually have to march across the map (in columns) before they form lines anyway and if your defending you have plenty time to line up troops while the enemy crosses map.

Fossa28
1st Jul 2005, 21:14
Hey guys. It is fairly simple. First and most importantly you need a middle mouse button. Select the troops you want to face in a different direction, face the camera in the direction you would like the troops to face. Press "w" then press "n" and the "middle mouse button". It takes some getting used to because the camera starts moving as soon as you press "w", but it is the only way I have found to guarantee the troops will face the direction you want them to the first time. Without pressing "w" they face in random directions.

After you face them the way you would like you can put them back into a proper formation and now they will face the way you want them to. I hope this helped :cool: .

Off topic WHERE ARE all the multiplayer games????

gbelle
1st Jul 2005, 22:34
A middle mouse button is not needed. Turing units in deployment or battle requires only to move your mouse ANYWHERE on the screen and press n. You can be pointing at a house, hill, enemy unit, sky, it dont matter, your unit will turn and put your mouse arrow it's frontal facing.

The facing is so simple, fast and precise I love it. This is one area that caused me alot of frustration in RTW.