PDA

View Full Version : How do you think "Legend" will begin?

LaraAngelOfDarkness
25th Jun 2005, 20:41
To spring up some ideas about the upcoming game I wanted everyone's opinion on how they think the game will start off. For some reason I imagine the opening showing the plane crash that changed her life(possibly including the character who wants revenge also on the plane).

Now I have two possible ideas of what could happen next:

1. Flash forward to present day, to see Lara driving across the African Savanna in the new Jeep vehicle that is sponsoring the game. Then parking outside of an area that leads to a tomb or mountain area.

2. If not that, then it will begin at her mansion where we will learn the basic controls and meet the tech team. After that, we will get to explore and then when we finish that, begin the adventure.

So what do you think will happen? Can't wait to hear everyone's opinions!

dhama
25th Jun 2005, 21:17
A figure will emerge from the shadows, and reveal that it was a disguise all the time.... It is Lara removing a Kain mask. ;)

Godfather
25th Jun 2005, 21:57
It would be great to be given a new insight in Lara's past again. I actually hope that we get to play a level as the young Lara Croft again just like in TR:LR ... that was sooo cool and completely different than anything before in the Tomb Raider-saga. I kinda hope, after we've experienced the plane crash, that we have to lead the young Lara Croft through the town of Tokakeriby (I can't believe I actually memorised the name) and then a flash forward to the Lara Croft standing at the exact same place but only 20 years later or so. That would be coool!

The only thing I wish for is that the game is much better than AOD and again full of those wonderful elements that we also saw in the original Tomb Raider-cinquology (5 films or as in this case 5 games).

Bye for now

suzieq51
26th Jun 2005, 01:13
All I hope is that I actually can see the opening "movie" (if there is one). Just got a blank screen with AOD. :mad:

Sophia Leigh
26th Jun 2005, 06:18
To spring up some ideas about the upcoming game I wanted everyone's opinion on how they think the game will start off. For some reason I imagine the opening showing the plane crash that changed her life(possibly including the character who wants revenge also on the plane).

At a guess I would say you are probably right about this, as to what will happen next I have no thoughts.

Mangar The Dark
26th Jun 2005, 12:58
I actually hope that we get to play a level as the young Lara Croft again just like in TR:LR ... that was sooo cool and completely different than anything before in the Tomb Raider-saga. I kinda hope, after we've experienced the plane crash, that we have to lead the young Lara Croft through the town of Tokakeriby (I can't believe I actually memorised the name) and then a flash forward to the Lara Croft standing at the exact same place but only 20 years later or so. That would be coool!

That's actually a cool idea. But, if they bring back young Lara, I would her to have some way to fight. I can understand not giving her guns, but at least let her punch and kick. It got a bit tedious in the previous games when all young Lara could do was run away from things.

CatSuit&Ponytail
26th Jun 2005, 13:11
All I hope is that I actually can see the opening "movie" (if there is one). Just got a blank screen with AOD. :mad:
That happens to me a lot with a LOT of diffrent things. It has in most cases come down to Window's Media Player being difficult and not wanting to play nice. Codecs suck. :p

CatSuit&Ponytail
26th Jun 2005, 13:15
I hope that there is no intro at all. That we are just dropped into a brilliant beautiful level and game for a while before the first (short) cut-scene as a flashback or something. :) I am a bit tired of very long intros in gaming. :D "Shut Up and LET ME GAME NOW!!" :D

Mangar The Dark
26th Jun 2005, 14:43
I hope that there is no intro at all. That we are just dropped into a brilliant beautiful level and game for a while before the first (short) cut-scene as a flashback or something. :) I am a bit tired of very long intros in gaming. :D "Shut Up and LET ME GAME NOW!!" :D

BLASPHEMY!!!! :D

Seriously, I like to watch cool intro sequences. BUT, there needs to be a way to bypass it of course, because while it's fun the first time around, it's not so fun on subsequent viewings.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
26th Jun 2005, 16:34
BLASPHEMY!!!! :D

Seriously, I like to watch cool intro sequences. BUT, there needs to be a way to bypass it of course, because while it's fun the first time around, it's not so fun on subsequent viewings.

I agree! :D

Trinity34
27th Jun 2005, 03:59
From looking at all the screenshots.... I think the mansion will be the first level.... for training purposes and maybe meet the tech team then I think we will play a younger lara right after the plane crash. In some of the pictures, she visits the same place with two different outfits on and in this same place, one pic shows snow on the floor while another pic shows the room being intact. Makes me think Lara revisits that place for some reason. :)

LaraAngelOfDarkness
27th Jun 2005, 05:10
Maybe the snow covered, collaped, tomb area is actually the village Lara stumbled into two weeks after the crash? Maybe the artifact of the game has something to do with the people of that village? Maybe the bad guys wanted information from them, but they wouldn't help and the village was destroyed(the place sure did look destroyed in that one picture)?

Well, who knows? It sure is getting exciting trying to figure out whats gonna happen! Though it will truly be upsetting when I beat the game, hopefully those hidden secrets will keep me busy. :)

xbaa
27th Jun 2005, 14:57
I guess legend will start with a movie showing the Eidos logo the crystal dynamics (kidding!) I guess the game will either start with an action-packed movie that will leave us droolling over the controller or like other tombraider games a movie showing you the artifact you will be looking for in the game and leave us drooling over the controllers! , then the Legend logo will appear and asks you to press start , then a great looking menu that doesn't look anything like old games ( that will leave drooling over the controller!) with incridible tomb-raider-ish music and you will then either choose to play the game (which will an opening movie that will leave drooling over the controller!) or play in Lara's beautiful mansion that will be seen for the first time in stunning next generation graphics (and will probably leave you drooling over the controller) then in order to play you will have to dry your controller from all the drooling!

Mangar The Dark
27th Jun 2005, 15:22
Remind me not to use your controller until you wipe all that drool off it!! ;)

Trinity34
27th Jun 2005, 15:49
Maybe the snow covered, collaped, tomb area is actually the village Lara stumbled into two weeks after the crash? Maybe the artifact of the game has something to do with the people of that village? Maybe the bad guys wanted information from them, but they wouldn't help and the village was destroyed(the place sure did look destroyed in that one picture)?

Well, who knows? It sure is getting exciting trying to figure out whats gonna happen! Though it will truly be upsetting when I beat the game, hopefully those hidden secrets will keep me busy. :)

Here is what I was talking about..

http://img220.echo.cx/img220/5636/456a2ii.jpg http://img220.echo.cx/img220/492/789a8no.jpg

CatSuit&Ponytail
27th Jun 2005, 16:08
Maybe we get to change her outfit. :) :D

Trinity34
27th Jun 2005, 16:38
Maybe we get to change her outfit. :) :D

.. and her ponytail/braid? :D

LaraAngelOfDarkness
27th Jun 2005, 19:43
Here is what I was talking about..

http://img220.echo.cx/img220/5636/456a2ii.jpg http://img220.echo.cx/img220/492/789a8no.jpg

Yeah that it. Not really sure if it could be the village, but I think its possible. Well, maybe on this Friday we will find out when they update the site.

Klerik of Kaos
27th Jun 2005, 21:21
I agree. I am so sick of those games, where you can't skip the cutscenes either! It's like they want to torture you.

But anyway, I hope that they open up TR:L either:

1.showing how she escaped from that collapsed pyramid (which is still a big mystery though many fan fics on the topic)

2. showing what happened to her and Kurtis at the end of AoD (unless they completely left that out)

or 3. Showing her "mystery enemy" in the beginning of the game, but not hinting that she is in fact the villain in the game! Like make it a rival she had as a teen. Someone who always envied Lara because she was wealthy, but adventurous. Someone like that, just to give the game that little competitive edge, you know?

Sophia Leigh
27th Jun 2005, 23:06
From looking at all the screenshots.... I think the mansion will be the first level.... for training purposes and maybe meet the tech team then I think we will play a younger lara right after the plane crash. In some of the pictures, she visits the same place with two different outfits on and in this same place, one pic shows snow on the floor while another pic shows the room being intact. Makes me think Lara revisits that place for some reason. :)

Its an interesting theory but the problem with it is that Lara has the ear-piece thingy and gun holsters etc in both screen shots and we know that young Lara wouldn't have had those ;)

knightgames
9th Jul 2005, 08:08
...... right after a short opening sequence showing Lara fall into the Waterfall.

After an indetermined time she will waken to an omniscient voice:

"Lara, you are Worthy'

'Huh?'

'Lara, you are worthy.'

'Who are you?' she asks.

'I am the author and creator of life..... I am the wheel that turns.... I am the hub from which all life flows...'

Oh wait that's been done.

Well then how bout this?

Once, while doing frequency tests of her new fancy shmancy electronic doo dads and gizmos in the 100 Acre Wood, Lara drops her new ripcord fastened compass. Aparantly the cord broke, and all Lara or Piglet and Pooh could do was watch it roll into the rabbit hole.

'Oh Pooh, I lost my compass.'

'No bother, I'll just ignore this rumbly in my tumbly and sqeeze into that monster infested Labarynth. No bother at all, Lara Croft.'

Oh, thank you Pooh Bear.... you silly olde bear.

Well it worked for Disney and Squaresoft. :P ;)

Trinity34
9th Jul 2005, 17:30
Its an interesting theory but the problem with it is that Lara has the ear-piece thingy and gun holsters etc in both screen shots and we know that young Lara wouldn't have had those ;)

:p :p

ok lets see.... plan B... whatever that is. :)

Alti
9th Jul 2005, 18:56
I think the game will begin in Lara's Mansion. Where we will learn how to control the new and improved Miss Croft!
It would be interesting to play "young" Lara again, but I don't think we'll see her.