PDA

View Full Version : release date pushed back again

mbones50
20th Jun 2005, 21:09
the date is october-11-05 i guess the go make it rounds and respawn

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&searchcount=12&keyword=25+to+life&platform=0&find.x=10&find.y=2

Brabbit
20th Jun 2005, 21:11
I'll be suprised if the game is even going to come out before this year.

VideoGameMaster
20th Jun 2005, 22:34
:eek: ....im speechless......well..this game has dun [censored] itself..now socom 3 is coming out b4 it....no chance in hell fer 25tl...UNLESS...they are retaining it to put in more of our ideas..such as respawn AND rounds :thumbsup:....but still...thats just an estimate....maybe it will come out earlier still...never know...eb still has it in august.....hopefully we don't gotta wait that long....thats almost a year...10 months....nd socom 3 is still scheduled fer september ....oi vey....25tl is in trouble now...excuse me while i go cry in my corner :( ....

ShyTown
20th Jun 2005, 22:40

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=default&searchtype=quicksearch&searchcount=12&keyword=25+to+life&platform=0&find.x=10&find.y=2

I'll believe this when all gaming sites say October cuz gamespot.com and EB still have it at August.

kazpa
21st Jun 2005, 01:44
this is [censored] becuz i have waited since chirstmas for this game dam it

J-Hood
21st Jun 2005, 01:51
I hope they make the beta longer because of this.

ShyTown
21st Jun 2005, 04:11
Beta testers are lucky if they do delay the game.

viZZiOn
21st Jun 2005, 04:13
i personally dont care about the realese date, there are plenty of other games to be played anyway, all i care about is a good game

mbones50
21st Jun 2005, 05:19
all this complaining about a respawn option they might go put that in there

Mike_B
21st Jun 2005, 05:25
Those release dates are still guesses as long as Eidos doesn't come out with an official release date, so they could be way of.

VideoGameMaster
21st Jun 2005, 23:05
indeed..eb games still has august :D

ShyTown
22nd Jun 2005, 01:28
No one should worry until Eidos announces the release date.

Brabbit
22nd Jun 2005, 01:31
No one should worry until Eidos announces the release date.

I hope they annouce it soon.

Nimh
22nd Jun 2005, 23:26
From personal experience it is a lot better for a game to come out fully tested and ready for the public. My current MMORPG has a very bad problem of pushing things out way to early

kazpa
22nd Jun 2005, 23:56
i tihnk it will be coming out in fall

DAVID51572
24th Jun 2005, 22:04
Once Again The Date Has Been Pushed Back To 10/03/05. We Will Now If To Wait Longer For This Game. Socom 3 Will Now Come Out First On 9/13/05. This Is Crazy Man.

Big D
24th Jun 2005, 22:13
Every word does not need to be capitilized.

That sucks. Good thing I'm not a fan of the SOCOM games.

J-Hood
24th Jun 2005, 23:17
what OFFICAL source did you hear this from? (Please dont say some guess date like EBGames)

Brabbit
25th Jun 2005, 01:25
EBgames and Gamestop both have it in october. :mad:

VideoGameMaster
25th Jun 2005, 03:45
yeh...definetly sux...but its gonna be all the more better now..at least it better be for such a huge delay...

Brabbit
25th Jun 2005, 04:02
yeh...definetly sux...but its gonna be all the more better now..at least it better be for such a huge delay...

This game is getting popular with all the states trying to boycott it.

BEER
25th Jun 2005, 06:42
HOLY STUPID THREADS BATMAN!!! this relaes date issue is getting more threads than a turtleneck sweater!

[censored] morons! do a search, or better yet, open your eyes and look down about 8 threads to see one of the hundreds of "RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK YET AGAIN" threads!

VideoGameMaster
25th Jun 2005, 16:39
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfg beer lololololol..u da man

xplicit
26th Jun 2005, 00:14
yeah i checked on gamestop.com and it said 10/03/05 but since gamestop never update its site its prolly wrong

ShyTown
26th Jun 2005, 06:44
HOLY STUPID THREADS BATMAN!!! this relaes date issue is getting more threads than a turtleneck sweater!

[censored] morons! do a search, or better yet, open your eyes and look down about 8 threads to see one of the hundreds of "RELEASE DATE HAS BEEN PUSHED BACK YET AGAIN" threads!

this guy snapped on this new fool

viZZiOn
26th Jun 2005, 07:12
i refuse to even post something on this thread......oh ****

......oops

~~baker~~
26th Jun 2005, 08:29
hahaha vizzion you crack e up

~25 To Life Beta Tester~
26th Jun 2005, 21:04
never listen to gamestop they are faqs

aFTeRLiFe
27th Jun 2005, 05:51
:eek: ....im speechless......well..this game has dun [censored] itself..now socom 3 is coming out b4 it....no chance in hell fer 25tl...UNLESS...they are retaining it to put in more of our ideas..such as respawn AND rounds :thumbsup:....but still...thats just an estimate....maybe it will come out earlier still...never know...eb still has it in august.....hopefully we don't gotta wait that long....thats almost a year...10 months....nd socom 3 is still scheduled fer september ....oi vey....25tl is in trouble now...excuse me while i go cry in my corner :( ....
Obviously you don't know your months. August is in 2 months, not 10.

orignal og2
27th Jun 2005, 17:00
yea right 25tl is gonna kick socoms a$$

theeGhettOsnyper
27th Jun 2005, 19:19
i know it will , but if it really delays again, im getting SOCOM 3 first...

IKSRTFO
28th Jun 2005, 00:36
It wouldent suprise me if this game got delayed till new consoles or even canceled. This is why.

Eidos Bought Out By Equity Firm
Perhaps Eidos was best known for the Tomb Raider franchise and maybe a little infamous for pumping money repeatedly into Daikatana but financial difficulties has forced them to sell to an arm of equity firm Elevation Partners in a cash buyout with a nearly 12% premium on the current share price. It does not look like they are folding up shop though so those waiting for the next installment of Tomb Raider do not have to fret yet.

No one is really focusing on 25 to life, mostly Tomb Raider.

EC_KING
28th Jun 2005, 09:24
Well i'm back from a week of Vac in P.A. I had the JULY issue of PSM, it said that a "HOT GAMES" Video was 25 TO LIFE. But NOT....i guess someone didn't tell them the Release date was not July anymore. But anyway i see that the date was pushed back again. :confused: maybe some of the things we posted are being put into the game. That's cool.

viZZiOn
28th Jun 2005, 18:08
i dont see this game getting canceled, they put to much cash into it to cancel it, and they wouldnt put it on a next gen console either, because they would have to basically redevelop the entire game or it would be extremely lacking in comparison to the other next gen games

BEER
29th Jun 2005, 04:39
why would they beta test it on the ps2 and x-box just to delay it until the ps3 and the x-box360? that wouldn't make any sense at all, they'd just have to spend all the money on another beta for the next gen consoles on top of what they've spent doing the current beta.

PC Snake_EYEZ
5th Jul 2005, 16:27
Do not get over excited but even though I know game stores do not know jack about release dates.

I was in EB games and in the coming soon section that had a 25 to Life case. Now I have never seen them put a coming soon case out unless there was a confirmed release date. The date they had was 9 Oct 2005.

I am not saying this is offical because they do not have it posted on the 25 to Life webpage but I think it is a good sign.

Eggsampull
5th Jul 2005, 17:15
He's probably right, I went to the 25 to life website and it says coming OCT just go to www.25tolife.com and you will see.

eCkz92
18th Sep 2005, 21:59
all this complaining about a respawn option they might go put that in there
They have added respawn times woot!! :thumbsup:

Baby_Gangsta
19th Sep 2005, 05:00
never listen to gamestop they are faqs

yea they only gave me 25 dollars for my gamecube

marker227
19th Sep 2005, 19:51
They have added respawn times woot!! :thumbsup:

I think repsawn has been in the game for a while. People just might not know it yet...

kevork
19th Sep 2005, 20:01
When creating a game you can choose from three respawn related options, 'No Respawn', 'Unlimited Respawn', or 'Limited Respawn'.

wickedthaklown
20th Sep 2005, 00:26
yo i work at blockbuster in ont canada and i checked the computer for when 25 to life comes out (atleast at blockbuster) and it says january 15 and asked my boss if it was right like no mistakes or some **** n he said it was that was the real release date

wickedthaklown
20th Sep 2005, 00:35
but then again if it was gonna be pushed back to january im pretty sure eidos would inform us on the site or somehow because i dont see the point or any logical sense in making the release date for 25tl after the nextgen consoles come out so im pretty sure my boss and the computer are [censored] but i was just readin wut was on the computer for release dates

VideoGameMaster
23rd Sep 2005, 23:38
Pre-Order: Ships on 10/25/2005 << eb games still says....

i dunno..im a lil worried now that i saw another push back...i mean the beta has been out nd tested...thats unusual to push it back that far after the beta was done....i will be disappointed...yet again...if this game doesn't come out in october...but at least socom 3 will keeep me satisfied until 25tl comes...also...ppl at eidos need to lend us a helpin hand here nd give us a heads up on whats up :confused:

mbones50
24th Sep 2005, 02:15
yea i think gamestop is just saying stuff man we will get it on 25

G-Boyd
24th Sep 2005, 18:35
im kinna losin mah hype a lil... but yea!!! still pumped.. do u think thurr putin more work on tombradier and hitman than 25 to life..dat could beh da reeason it could take soo loonggg????

Mike_B
24th Sep 2005, 18:59
do u think thurr putin more work on tombradier and hitman than 25 to life..dat could beh da reeason it could take soo loonggg????

It are all different teams working on those titles.

EC_KING
24th Sep 2005, 19:55
Well i seen Oct 26 somewhere. But i know player's want it now! . :p the guys that played the BeTa understand where this game can go. I think it could rank amoung the best multiplayer online games to date. But everyone needs to remember that there are 5 to 6 companies working on the 1 game. Beta showed us a 1st Glance, I'm sure the dev team picked up a few things after the beta was over. Don't cry the blues about the date released. I'd only say that a little more details about the game should be released. There are some really basic Q's that were posted here already, things that other games have. EIDOS i guess will learn about that, after hitting this monster after the release, then they will gladly respond to players Q's to really make the 25tl community live. We know that the Rounds/Respawn issues caused HAVOC! But something else to remember, Counter-Strike (i think 1 of the 25TL dev's also worked on that, not 100% sure but i think) And the Mighty Socom series were not Built for every console/platform. So doing a "cross the board" game, and getting them close as they can takes time. Plus we come here and speak our minds at what we want/ would like. The dev team must bang their heads to the wall. As much as i'd like to see this game released yesterday, i played the beta, i can wait for the release. I'd think that at some point they will start to work on the new ps3/x360 stuff. But i'd still like to see this game come out on ps2/xbox. i think x-mas time is the biggest time for games to sell, So i'd think that might be the target area, if so...
DEC 17ish (xmas-shoppers) then 3 week for shipping (nov 28th), but need gamer to gamer/friend to friend pumping (3 weeks i'd say NOV 7th). but shipping for that 3 weeks= area of Oct 17-21 release date. Could be off if shipping is faster. But word of mouth will move this baby, and if x-mas buyers (remember this is a $$ maker) late OCT. which seems to be the case. I think that the dev team from counter strike would have alot to say also. We'll wait and see huhh.....

G-Boyd
24th Sep 2005, 20:01
It are all different teams working on those titles.

OOOO ok i under stand.. but soo u mean... dis game would "probily" come out in x mas.. im kinna thinkin dat too

OutLaVVThuG
24th Sep 2005, 20:20
:( now it says 2/1/06 :( :( :( I was really hoping for it in October... great that sucks. PLEASE MAKE BETA :( :( I want this game so bad and now I have to wait till February!

ice13
24th Sep 2005, 20:33
:( now it says 2/1/06 :( :( :( I was really hoping for it in October... great that sucks. PLEASE MAKE BETA :( :( I want this game so bad and now I have to wait till February!

where is it saying 25 to Life will come out in 2/1/06 because gamespot still shows october 25, 2005 the last time i checked.

OutLaVVThuG
24th Sep 2005, 20:45
Nvm, Gamespot is unreliable, EB games isn't. Sorry for stupid post

marker227
24th Sep 2005, 23:25
where is it saying 25 to Life will come out in 2/1/06 because gamespot still shows october 25, 2005 the last time i checked.

It doesn't matter what any store says the release date is. It's not official if it's not on the 25tl.com site. It said Oct. on their site and hopefully it still is.

ice13
25th Sep 2005, 00:39
It doesn't matter what any store says the release date is. It's not official if it's not on the 25tl.com site. It said Oct. on their site and hopefully it still is.

i am not talking about a store. what i am talking about is the gamespot website. gamespot has an official dates for games. if a game comes out earlier or sooner gamespot will have the exact date.

EC_KING
25th Sep 2005, 02:37
lol.... we'll we can start the rumor mill up. where's CHUCK S. been these days?. :rolleyes: na just kidding. The Co. of EIDOS seems like he's got his act together, things must wait for a reason. Remember 25TL has some great dev teams doing it. So we wait a bit. what can we do. i'd don't expect much till end of Oct, if anything. demo release/company news/ or any real bones stuff. I do like that they put out the DEV interviews, maybe they can do 1 last one to hold us over ;) :thumbsup: cya ltr guy. i got alot of work to do.

marker227
25th Sep 2005, 04:25
gamespot has an official dates for games..

The official date that was said is not official yet. Even if it is on the website.

if a game comes out earlier or sooner gamespot will have the exact date.

Are you saying that the date they have is right till somewhere it says it's gonna come out earlier?

DipBird
25th Sep 2005, 04:26
i remember back when the site said this summer and gamestop had october and everyone doubted it but then it really was pushed back so why wouldnt it be this time? i think 25 to life will be cancelled

marker227
25th Sep 2005, 04:29
i remember back when the site said this summer and gamestop had october and everyone doubted it but then it really was pushed back so why wouldnt it be this time? i think 25 to life will be cancelled

25 to life will not be cancelled unless there was a HUGE public outcry. It'd cost too much money for the company to cancel their own game in their own country. So it doesn't make much sense.

DipBird
25th Sep 2005, 04:53
25 to life will not be cancelled unless there was a HUGE public outcry. It'd cost too much money for the company to cancel their own game in their own country. So it doesn't make much sense.

damn im dumb i thought it was free to cancel a game

ice13
25th Sep 2005, 16:18
The official date that was said is not official yet. Even if it is on the website.

Are you saying that the date they have is right till somewhere it says it's gonna come out earlier?

no i am saying that when gamespot has a release date it is most of the time it is always correct.also i am saying that if a game release date changes gamespot will change the date.

marker227
25th Sep 2005, 16:37
no i am saying that when gamespot has a release date it is most of the time it is always correct.also i am saying that if a game release date changes gamespot will change the date.

Oh ok. Well that could be true.... My friend called them up and asked them why the release date was then and they said they didn't know when it was coming out so they figured they would put it back a little.

viZZiOn
25th Sep 2005, 17:02
damn im dumb i thought it was free to cancel a game

all the money that they put into developing advertising and other things would be completely lost if they were to cancel the game :eek:

so theres no chance of this beauty getting canceled :D

DipBird
26th Sep 2005, 02:23
i called a gamestop by my house and they said its still october

312 gangsta
26th Sep 2005, 02:51
10/25/05 eb games says so ima stick to that

MattD
26th Sep 2005, 16:15
Regarding the release date of 25 to Life, there is an official press release posted up here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53819)

312 gangsta
26th Sep 2005, 18:55
this better be worth it cuz of the wait it better keep me up all night in non stop fun

marker227
26th Sep 2005, 19:59
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53819

Release date moved back. Don't complain lol they are making it better :thumbsup: :p :rolleyes: ;) :D :)

Hey any mods or someone think that it could be after March? I think that's pushing it if it was.

OutLaVVThuG
26th Sep 2005, 20:08
I agree, but pushing it further than February 10th is pushing it too far, IMO.

marker227
26th Sep 2005, 20:09
That sounds right. Think of it this way. If they say 2006, it doesn't mean it's going to be THAT far away. Just around the corner ;) (next year).

DipBird
26th Sep 2005, 21:13
OMG now its really 2006 wasnt this game supposed to come out 2 or 3 years ago?

OutLaVVThuG
26th Sep 2005, 21:30
Well, they wanted to make the game better, like vizzion said, if they delay it, people will be pissed, if they release it early with bugs and bad graphics, then people would be pissed. Either way Eidos gets flamed by a bunch of ***s with no patience. Guys be patiet, you'll be happy once it comes out and it delivers that "24 hours a day for the rest of your life feeling."

ShyTown
26th Sep 2005, 22:19
Not surprising.

marker227
26th Sep 2005, 22:57
OMG now its really 2006 wasnt this game supposed to come out 2 or 3 years ago?

No sir. Your over exaggerating. It was supposed to come out in the summer.

JacenPsykes
28th Sep 2005, 20:48
I know I'm the leading complainer about updating the website to keep the fans up to date but just changing "October" to "2006" on the main page is a smack in the face. I'm surprised they remembered to even change the date on the website let alone remember they even have one. I've already pre-oredered my copy, they already have my money, I'm patiently playing the waiting game for EB to call me. All I ask is keep me entertained until then. :confused:

Can I get and AHMEN!

marker227
28th Sep 2005, 20:52
They are working hard thats why. They don't care about the stie because it would take time away from production.

OutLaVVThuG
29th Sep 2005, 18:51
You see, not to keep going with the complaining, I love Eidos and all, but if they update the site, everyone with stfu ^_^

juggalo41
29th Sep 2005, 19:56
whats the official date in 2006, or atleast a month,.

marker227
29th Sep 2005, 21:34
There is no month. When there is a DATE, it will be on their site.

JacenPsykes
3rd Oct 2005, 01:18
Wait, doesn't most large video game corportions have a person dedicated to their website and it's maintainance. Oh yeah, they're called Webmasters and it's their job. And he better be either dead or fired.

VideoGameMaster
3rd Oct 2005, 01:30
Wait, doesn't most large video game corportions have a person dedicated to their website and it's maintainance. Oh yeah, they're called Webmasters and it's their job. And he better be either dead or fired.

ROTFLMAO...true true..lol..... :thumbsup: ..doesnt take that long to update a site real qwik..who knows tho..maybe they are unsure of what they can release or say

OutLaVVThuG
3rd Oct 2005, 19:44

OR SHE SMARTY :P

marker227
3rd Oct 2005, 22:05
Yes but they did update the site. It now says 2006. So stop saying it won't be updated because it will be when the game is ready...

OutLaVVThuG
4th Oct 2005, 19:59
Yes but they did update the site. It now says 2006. So stop saying it won't be updated because it will be when the game is ready...

I know I'm the leading complainer about updating the website to keep the fans up to date but just changing "October" to "2006" on the main page is a smack in the face.

He already mentioned that :P

marker227
4th Oct 2005, 20:39
He already mentioned that :P

Ah ok.

(Originally Posted by JacenPsykes
I know I'm the leading complainer about updating the website to keep the fans up to date but just changing "October" to "2006" on the main page is a smack in the face.)

We all care when they smack us in the face but really, you can't do anything about it. Tough it out guys! It will come when it does. If you keep your mind off things time will go faster.

Mike_B
5th Oct 2005, 09:58
While you await 25 to life how about buying some other games to keep you busy eh :)

The next month has plenty of good titles coming out, which you may or may not be interested in:

F.E.A.R., Black And White 2, The Movies, Psychonauts, Call Of Duty 2, Quake 4 and probably a whole lot more, but these are probably the most know ones.

MainStreamFamilia
5th Oct 2005, 16:48
dont forget socom iii

marker227
5th Oct 2005, 18:38
dont forget socom iii

You know, I think I'll buy Socom III to pass the time. Makes it a great opportunity to try it out.

OutLaVVThuG
5th Oct 2005, 20:54
While you await 25 to life how about buying some other games to keep you busy eh :)

The next month has plenty of good titles coming out, which you may or may not be interested in:

F.E.A.R., Black And White 2, The Movies, Psychonauts, Call Of Duty 2, Quake 4 and probably a whole lot more, but these are probably the most know ones.
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MOVIES THX FOR REMINDING ME ILL BUY TTHAT THX @M

VideoGameMaster
6th Oct 2005, 01:48
yeh ssocom 3 was an already planned buy for me....but now i wont haveta battle playing time for both..so thats kinda cool that i get the chance to focus on S3 then 25tl when it drops

mbones50
6th Oct 2005, 02:28
i know man when 25tl comes out its over with with s3 for me

Uzix2
7th Oct 2005, 00:55
i personally dont think its worth it anymore... im not waiting that long for one game... there are a bunch of other eidos titles out there :) :D

marker227
7th Oct 2005, 03:29
Well, we all hope that many people change their minds once they see the potential of the game when it's out. We all have our fingers crossed that it will be a new kind of superior game to the others like socom :).

OutLaVVThuG
7th Oct 2005, 19:24
Good point, but to tell you the truth, I like games that are SEMI-Small...I don't like those games like BF2,Socom,etc. They are too crowded for my liking. I'd rather play with friends than strangers.

marker227
11th Oct 2005, 00:40
Hey @m, what keeps you busy when your just as excited for something to happen?

Mike_B
11th Oct 2005, 10:07
I tend to buy games that I can play again. For instance atm I'm re-playing Evil Genius, Commandos Beyond The Call Of Duty, a mod for Commandos 2, and a bit of UT2004. On top of that I have my website to worry about and I occasionaly work on a flash movie for that site.

Young_JezzyK92
11th Oct 2005, 11:21

this suxs hard i dnt want it to come out in ***in 06 its better it coming out in october or november but not like in 2006

viZZiOn
11th Oct 2005, 12:27
people act like 06 is all that far away, when its really not

get all of your panties out of a bunch, the game will come out when it comes out

OutLaVVThuG
14th Oct 2005, 00:31
people act like 06 is all that far away, when its really not

get all of your panties out of a bunch, the game will come out when it comes out
My response.

Hitman187211
11th Nov 2005, 19:47
socom has **** on this game

marker227
20th Nov 2005, 19:47
What do you mean? Socom isn't the greatest game around. Number III wasn't that great so I don't think it will out do 25tl.

Why is this thread even open still?? Come on this is old.