PDA

View Full Version : I dont like it (annexation)

TheMick
24th Jun 2005, 17:41
Why always looking for a Risk like game ?
I have seen this in many titles this days.

Ok it is time to change for something better. It will come some day...

No country in this period was "annexed" the way it works in the game.
Austria, Prusia, Spain although defeated and invaded were never "annexed".
England annexation of Spain ? Please give me a break ¡

Without annexation the game is far more challenging: you must keep always an eye on the defeated country, have garrisons on their soil, keep the lines of comunication open, fight guerrillas, etc.

Pido demasiado ?
Saludos,

Kokopelli
24th Jun 2005, 18:31

Without annexation the game is far more challenging: you must keep always an eye on the defeated country, have garrisons on their soil, keep the lines of comunication open, fight guerrillas, etc.

Pido demasiado ?
Saludos,

They also didn't have uber-power militia dishing ownage on lines of infantry. :D

Truthfully, I'd rather save the gold and simply liberate the people from their brutal leaders in a preemptive engagement.. ;)

WindOfChange
29th Jun 2005, 10:20
I say they should have given us a choice between making a territory to be annexed or become a satellite state. And with advantages and disadvantages for each scenario thus you can still win the game not requiring to annex all of Europe.

Irish2
29th Jun 2005, 15:55

Pido demasiado ?
Saludos,

What do you think Napoleon was doing when he put his brothers, cousins, generals, as head of state in Spain, Sweden, etc. Wasn't he in essence annexing these countries?

Queeg
29th Jun 2005, 19:48

I've started using my own "House Rule" of never annexing anybody and trying liberate any nation that gets annexed by someone else. Makes for a much more wide-open game.

Captain.Crunch
29th Jun 2005, 22:28
This game isnt supposed to be 100% realistic….. annexation is what they could have done and that is why its in the game. I agree with you though and I have said it before a good commander would not even think about annexation you kill the MOFO’s run them down by horse and take there women. Burn there shacks to the ground execute any prisoners.

Cro_Knight
29th Jun 2005, 23:38
in this game and i will be ating it for the hundreth time we define our own destiny as a nation we only follow soem guidlines but the rest is our to make