PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster

Pages : [1] 2

Thamauturge
30th May 2012, 19:42
Since a FFX Remaster is in the works, will a FFXII remake see the light of day? Personally, I thought that XII was far superior to FFX, and I would love to have a remastered port available on PS3.

member_10000414
30th May 2012, 19:51
It'd be nice. Obviously FFX HD needs to come out first but after that... perhaps for XII's 10th anniversary :)

member_10306501
30th May 2012, 20:00
Yep, I would love a XII HD remaster after FFX is done!

Wind
30th May 2012, 20:03
XII would look absolutely great upscaled. Walking around Rabanastre would be lovely.

member_10012381
30th May 2012, 20:10
I'd love one, especially if it were a remaster of the Zodiac Job System.

member_10005207
30th May 2012, 20:38
Yeah, we need FFX HD to become real first. Any then they might do FFX-2. I LOVE FFXII and would love to see it in HD.

Ksquall
30th May 2012, 20:51
I definitely wouldn't be against this. Considering that it's a game for the PS2 and its graphics, I don't think that it'd be much trouble either.

Zul
30th May 2012, 20:54
Any of the PS2 FF games getting remastered works for me, my PS3 doesn't have backwards compatibility and my PS2 is a box of dust(my own fault really) and I'd like to play these games again.

member_10115911
30th May 2012, 21:32
It would be nice if we get an English HD FF12-IZJS

Mandy
30th May 2012, 21:42
I would love to see XII remastered. It was a great game and I absolutely loved pretty much all of the lands. Especially Phon Coast. Seeing that in HD would be amazing!

member_10163369
30th May 2012, 22:38
Ahh my 2nd Final Fantasy game, what an experience it was. A HD version would be nice.

member_10073902
31st May 2012, 03:30
I'm assuming that this is probably inevitable at some point in the next few years...at least, I very much want it to be! I really, really want portable versions of X-2 and XII for my Vita.

member_10002652
31st May 2012, 07:44
If they do a good job with Final Fantasy X HD remaster, Final Fantasy XII would follow up naturally. Just hope they don't take 5 years to make it...

taysonplay
31st May 2012, 07:52
eu acharia incrivel um remake do FFXII por que na minha opnião ele revoluionou o FF no caso de liberdade e mundo livre e seria otimo jogar ele novamente em HD mas claro que já que tudo tem seus defeitos ele infelizmente tambem tem seria uma boa dar uma revisada nele e depois lançalo novamente MASSSSS é a SQUARE que manda então vamos esperar ^^ se fizerm do FF10 ou FF7 ta bom tambem ^^

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 09:12
International Zodiac Job System?

Sign me up.

Abidan
31st May 2012, 11:30
Not sure about an HD Remaster for XII but there are now some rumors about a sequel (I don't mean Revenant Wings) to be made by the Eidos Montreal studio. Supposedly, it would take place one decade after the events of FFXII. I would like to hear a bit more regarding the validity of this. SO if someone here has heard something, please enlighten us!

YoshiKatYoko
31st May 2012, 13:03
Wow, this is my very first FF game I had ever played on the PS2. I want a ReMaster for it.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 13:47
Yeah it would be lovely, I have the Collector's Edition of FFXII, I really liked how the gameplay was and I spent over 600+ hours on the game I loved it that much, it would be awesome to have it available on the PS3 and the PSV!

Cpt_Coolerz
1st Jun 2012, 13:13
I think it'll be good for the game since the graphics are pretty ahead of its time, and they should definately make it a choice between normal and the international version. Though that would probably be hard..

nikolasvanitas
1st Jun 2012, 13:17
i love FFXII and especially IZJS ,i would love to see an HD version with english for IZJS

member_10027469
2nd Jun 2012, 12:49
I would like to see this game in HD, ah, the necrohol of nabudis. Ixion and seer battles would be fun to watch.

Gaialei_Strife
2nd Jun 2012, 12:54
IF we get the International Zodiac Job System one, then totally i'm down for it... I loved this game so I'd totally play it again.

Summoner
2nd Jun 2012, 13:20
What is the International Zodiac Job System one?

member_10526381
3rd Jun 2012, 12:09
yes, i'd buy it if they remaster the ZJS version of FFXII

member_10822883
10th Jun 2012, 20:52
What is the International Zodiac Job System one?

It's incredible. Basically, instead of a shared License Board, you get 13 jobs to choose from once the LB becomes available and you assign each character a job class from that. Each has their own licenses and abilities. Other significant changes were made to MP, Mist Knacks, Eidolons and Guest Members, as well as the much-needed addition of a fast-forward button (for combat grinding; although most people play XII with only three characters, it's highly implied you level all six in IZJS).

member_10328220
10th Jun 2012, 21:07
Final Fantasy XII? Heck yeah, although i'm not sure it should just be a ps3 exclusive. SOME of us don't make enough to be going out and getting ps3's and are stuck with 360s. Besides, best gilgamesh fight ever!

Summoner
11th Jun 2012, 09:53
I can't believe they did that. Well they did do Final Mix for KH and that upset me but only because I was missing out on story and more gameplay. But I honestly didn't mind the speed of the fights in XII. Tho the Zodiac Job system doesn't sound too bad.

Thamauturge
14th Jun 2012, 09:38
I think it'll be good for the game since the graphics are pretty ahead of its time, and they should definately make it a choice between normal and the international version. Though that would probably be hard..

I completely agree with this. I don't see how it could be so hard... since tons of HD Collections include 3 whole games all on one Blu-Ray Disc. Having an option for either would be two games.

PAT2K9
14th Jun 2012, 09:48
Since a FFX Remaster is in the works, will a FFXII remake see the light of day? Personally, I thought that XII was far superior to FFX, and I would love to have a remastered port available on PS3.

I would love that as well, but I would like it to come out on the 360 as well. I own both consoles, but I do 99% of my gaming on my 360 since that's where my online friends are. As a result, I would re-purchase it on 360.

Castiel
1st Jul 2012, 22:52
I'd love it. FFXII pushed the limits of what the PS2 could do, and a remastered version would be incredible. I don't have a PS2 anymore, but I kept my copy of FFXII just in case they never release an HD version on the PSN.

Hala
2nd Jul 2012, 12:24
With a remaster they will have a chance to fix some things… a more effective role for summons.

More cut scenes .improving the License Board so the characters don’t look identical anymore.

member_10084729
19th Jul 2012, 04:49
For an HD remake, I'd like them to enable the Zodiac Job System (something switchable). Would also like the Short stories found in the XII Ultimalia (scenario?) to be readable within the game as well.

There is a lot that can be applied to XII if given an upgrade.

shigeru_mid
22nd Jul 2012, 23:59
I've been wanting this ever since they started releasing HD remasters of games. The Zodiac Job System, New Game+, and the option to watch cutscenes are all I ask for.

aaronwebb91
5th Aug 2012, 05:19
twelve looks good already depending on the tv. it looks horrible on my flat screen like its all liek out of focas and everything it looks horrible, and tens not much better on it. so yeah an hd version would be amazing. and in tens case why dont they just remaster ten and x-2 and put them on the same disc or mke it just one huge game with like a mini film showing what happens between the time tidus dissapears and when yuna decides to become a sphere hunter. just a thought.

Steady
5th Aug 2012, 10:39

Really? I didn't like FF12. I though their chain system made everything way too easy to beat, and the story seemed kinda half assed.

member_10159804
5th Aug 2012, 11:23
I'd love to see that; this way I won't have to worry about my save file being deleted because of a bad memory card! (I didn't finish the game yet)

Oh, and the trophies too; I'd love to see that list.

Thamauturge
5th Aug 2012, 16:29

Really? I didn't like FF12. I though their chain system made everything way too easy to beat, and the story seemed kinda half assed.

Then you're in the wrong forum

Syn
8th Aug 2012, 10:05

Am sorry, are we talking about the same FF XII here, or did you have a hacked version, the odds of you getting a decent 12+ mist chain where low due to the randomness of the system, and Ihave no idea which twelve you played cos the one we are talking about is known as one of the harder games in the series in general, Its not a game one can finish in only 3 days(including summons), where as for X(Which I love as well) you could, people who bash games without actually playing them should not "pretend as though they know whta they are talking about. The reason my reply is written in such a way is because you clearly are here to simply bash on a great addition to the franchise(40/40 famitsu).

Azure
8th Aug 2012, 11:26

Am sorry, are we talking about the same FF XII here, or did you have a hacked version, the odds of you getting a decent 12+ mist chain where low due to the randomness of the system, and Ihave no idea which twelve you played cos the one we are talking about is known as one of the harder games in the series in general, Its not a game one can finish in only 3 days(including summons), where as for X(Which I love as well) you could, people who bash games without actually playing them should not "pretend as though they know whta they are talking about. The reason my reply is written in such a way is because you clearly are here to simply bash on a great addition to the franchise(40/40 famitsu).

Most of people hate FFXII like FFX ,FFVII ,VIII and said that FFXII is not FF because of the world is not look like FF =>> they really don't have any Ideal about the world of FF . ADB is suck or boring =>> so I am sure that they cannot play the previous FF because ADB is just ATB without random battle and add a little thing. The story is not suit for everyone and the hater is just only base on Vaan or Penelo to bash all of the game without realize that the main chars actually is Balthier , Bash and Ashe .

The number of hater is decreased over the years and they praised FF12 because they actually play it now

member_10086740
8th Aug 2012, 12:02
I think it would be amazing to play XII on my gorgeous Vita. Makes me giggle thinking about having it with me everywhere I go. If it had the Zodiac Job System that'd be amazing too, but I'd be pretty dang happy with the normal version.

It seems to me anytime a new FF comes out there's a series of haters 'cause it's not like the last one they played. I remember the angry people over VII cause it didn't have castles and it was too futuristic. And the protest over VIII because the monsters LV with you and the GF/Draw/Junction system was ridiculously easy. Then there was IX-too much like the original games and you learn your abilities from a shirt... X, it's like watching a movie, sphere system limits your characters (to me is the most limitless system ever) and no world map. XI is online... XII was too much like XI, too much grinding and not enough story. XIII, too linear and limited with no exploration. (Those people never got a platinum trophy like this freak and there's nothing limited with the system, granted not my favorite FF but I have no hate for it either.) XIV... well... never mind, I won't go there...

Anyway, doesn't matter to me because I love 'em all and that's why I'm here. IF they make an HD remaster of ANY Final Fantasy, it's a fantastic day for me.

YoshiKatYoko
11th Aug 2012, 10:12

Most of people hate FFXII like FFX ,FFVII ,VIII and said that FFXII is not FF because of the world is not look like FF =>> they really don't have any Ideal about the world of FF . ADB is suck or boring =>> so I am sure that they cannot play the previous FF because ADB is just ATB without random battle and add a little thing. The story is not suit for everyone and the hater is just only base on Vaan or Penelo to bash all of the game without realize that the main chars actually is Balthier , Bash and Ashe .

The number of hater is decreased over the years and they praised FF12 because they actually play it now

I don't get it. X and VIII was my very first games I played and was really my best back then.

Main characters ARE ALL THE 6 CHARACTERS. Each character has their major roles in the story itself. The least role that I can think of is Penelo, despite of her that she is not related to any other characters except Vaan. Ashe has the biggest role in the game.

Syn
15th Aug 2012, 07:10
I think it would be amazing to play XII on my gorgeous Vita. Makes me giggle thinking about having it with me everywhere I go. If it had the Zodiac Job System that'd be amazing too, but I'd be pretty dang happy with the normal version.

It seems to me anytime a new FF comes out there's a series of haters 'cause it's not like the last one they played. I remember the angry people over VII cause it didn't have castles and it was too futuristic. And the protest over VIII because the monsters LV with you and the GF/Draw/Junction system was ridiculously easy. Then there was IX-too much like the original games and you learn your abilities from a shirt... X, it's like watching a movie, sphere system limits your characters (to me is the most limitless system ever) and no world map. XI is online... XII was too much like XI, too much grinding and not enough story. XIII, too linear and limited with no exploration. (Those people never got a platinum trophy like this freak and there's nothing limited with the system, granted not my favorite FF but I have no hate for it either.) XIV... well... never mind, I won't go there...

Anyway, doesn't matter to me because I love 'em all and that's why I'm here. IF they make an HD remaster of ANY Final Fantasy, it's a fantastic day for me.

^^^this guy has spoke absolute sense. I will literally use you statement as a quote to many of these "this FF installement is not like the others "discussions, it sums up most of the points I consider very valid in a short paragraph, great stuff Samurai_Bleu.

Back to the topic: If they do remaster it, the inclusion of a couple of new summons wouldnt hurt either, as well as the adition of a job extension type of system if they use IZJ version of the game. That way we the players could make some nifty hybrid job classes.

YoshiKatYoko
15th Aug 2012, 08:04
^^

I didn't understand why you had agree on that opinion when you bash XIII like there's no tomorrow.

SE won't do such thing as IZJS, they aren't making any HD Remaster with IZJS because it's Japaneses exclusive only.

I would like to see MORE hunts, 100,000,000 HP bosses, new magics and etc. - not anything to ruin the original mechanics of the game (like controlling guests [as if they're not guests anymore], controlling summons, restricted license board/equipments).

YoshiKatYoko
15th Aug 2012, 08:06
^^

I didn't understand why you had agree on that opinion when you bash XIII like there's no tomorrow.

SE won't do such thing as IZJS, they aren't making any HD Remaster with IZJS because it's Japaneses exclusive only.

I would like to see MORE hunts, 100,000,000 HP bosses, new magics and etc. - not anything to ruin the original mechanics of the game (like controlling guests [as if they're not guests anymore], controlling summons, restricted license board/equipments).

Syn
15th Aug 2012, 11:12
^^

@YoshiKatYoko, lol, please if you can find any post on me senselesy bashing XIII feel free to quote it, I am not its biggest fan, but I dont think ave bashed on it such a blatant or terrible manner that it warrants your post above. We all have the FF's we enjoy more than others, I for one am not fond of IX and XIII, but those are my tastes, am not saying they suck or are terrible, they arent simply the FF's for me, the biggest gripe I have with XIII(which is more of a gripe with SE) is the fact they might release XIII-3 before versus and I feel it a little unfair on a game that was announced around the same time as the first XIII, am NOT saying they should not release XIII-3, I simply want a versus release before it comes out since it has been in development for so long. We have had two games to get a proper taste of Lightning and Serahs stories, it wouldnt hurt to get Versus out there before XIII-3. I mean even Type-0 is out and Versus is the last of the Fabula Nova Crystallis to be released, but thats just my opinion.

I dont think theres was any senseless bashing in my above statement, ave explained my reasons, have not stated any false info about XIII in any way nor have I said that any of the games are better than the other, so please show me when and where I bashed XIII "Like there was no Tomorrow".

Syn
15th Aug 2012, 11:22
Back to the topic, I agree as I would also love more hunts(though 100,000,000 Hp is a little high in my opinion as they would take for ever to take down with the damage cap in place if they arent using IZJS mechanics), as for the IZJS version, I would have for disagree with you on that one, it would simply be a matter of changing the text which they already have because the original and IZJS only have gameplay differences and not story or location based differences that would have a bigger impact on localisation. Technically, the game is already localised since they have the original XII assets. I for one am not a big fan of the IZJS license board setup, it felt a little limiting to me, I wouldnt mind if it was better implemented like i said in an earlier post, so you could have many many more skills and abillities such as Choosing an extra board when you reached level 50 or something.

YoshiKatYoko
16th Aug 2012, 10:02
A simple opinion from me and a tremendous reply from you. Whuttzzdammeaanniinngoffdizz? See for yourself, I even got you to debate when I'm talking about XIII. And I don't know why you replied a lot, I'm assuming you're defensive.

100,000,000 HP is a challenge, those who knew the GM of the game itself would beat it fondly in 2 hours (My Yiazmat kill was merely 50 min.).

Yuck, IZJS would make your party SUPER DUPER POWERED UP and make those hunts/bosses/espers/optional bosses very easy. Gendarme with 90 Phys. Evade and 90 Magic Evade, absorbs all elements? That was kinda disturbing. And that artemis bow that is invisible but deals 1,700,000 dmg. on a Adrenalined, Cat Nip, Berserk, Bravery and Haste and can kill Omega in rather 10 hits lol. That was not a challenge I'm looking for. But it's just my opinion.

SE has no future release for English/US version of IZJS on Vita/PS3. IZJS Japanese, yep, and just download that English Patch is good, but I'm not assuming on the US release. X-2 International didn't get US version, so this might be too.

CPancer
16th Aug 2012, 10:27
As long as the original Square-Enix developers produce an HD collection of this, then fine....don't let a second hand game developer tear this beautiful game to shreds!

Syn
17th Aug 2012, 01:28
A simple opinion from me and a tremendous reply from you. Whuttzzdammeaanniinngoffdizz? See for yourself, I even got you to debate when I'm talking about XIII. And I don't know why you replied a lot, I'm assuming you're defensive.

100,000,000 HP is a challenge, those who knew the GM of the game itself would beat it fondly in 2 hours (My Yiazmat kill was merely 50 min.).

Yuck, IZJS would make your party SUPER DUPER POWERED UP and make those hunts/bosses/espers/optional bosses very easy. Gendarme with 90 Phys. Evade and 90 Magic Evade, absorbs all elements? That was kinda disturbing. And that artemis bow that is invisible but deals 1,700,000 dmg. on a Adrenalined, Cat Nip, Berserk, Bravery and Haste and can kill Omega in rather 10 hits lol. That was not a challenge I'm looking for. But it's just my opinion.

SE has no future release for English/US version of IZJS on Vita/PS3. IZJS Japanese, yep, and just download that English Patch is good, but I'm not assuming on the US release. X-2 International didn't get US version, so this might be too.

You are one difficult character Yoshi. Heres a simple answer, I was being defensive, because you where accusing me of something I dont do. Thats how it works, you accuse someone, they defend themselves, savi?

Back to topic, with regard to the overpowered weapons, I agree, that stupid bow was a game breaker, that is very true, but that does not mean every change made in IZJS was completely useless, I still would like control of my summons, as they had some ridiculous conditions to fullfill for overdrives in the original, as for hunts, well, for me its not really a matter of HP but more of how difficult they would be, an example is omega mark XII, he was pretty formidable with only one million Hp(though in the Japanese version he had 10 million and was considered too tough). Also, if you never killed zodiark with a high end damage mist chain and it activated its paling, that fight went to hell fast, so for me, I would rather instead of excessive HP(which does not really corelate to higher difficulty) A perfect combination of both could work, give some dude a higher hp value, and make him a seriously tough bastard with abillities to make you hate him and strive to master the game and kick his butt.

YoshiKatYoko
17th Aug 2012, 13:50
Something I said struck you, that's why you're defensive. LOL.

I'll nevermind ignore your post about IZJS. If you don't agree with me then don't.

Syn
18th Aug 2012, 10:46
*facepalm* yes Yoshi, your accusation struck me, hence the defensiveness. Whatever version they would choose if they made an hd remaster wouldn't really matter, I would get it either way, realy hope SE go ahead and make one, that would be a day one buy on my part.

member_10829610
18th Aug 2012, 23:23
I wouldn't mind a HD remaster of FFXII. FFXII was one of the best-looking PS2 games imo, and I'd love to have it on the Vita as well.

YoshiKatYoko
19th Aug 2012, 08:32
Lol, You're basically off Syn. If it struck you you should stay quiet at all.

Syn
20th Aug 2012, 03:25
Lol, You're basically off Syn. If it struck you you should stay quiet at all.

Lol,That doesnt even make sense o_O Anyway, I think someone out there already told you about telling people to "be quiet", its counterproductive you know :)

CPancer
20th Aug 2012, 08:35
^

Syn & YoshlKatYoko - Both of your arguments are off topic with this subject, these threads are made to express each others opinions. You can obviously agree or disagree to eachothers opinions but don't make an argument over it, I just wouldn't want to see both of you reported for off topic discussion, if you have things like this to say then do it through private messaging please and thank you.

Syn
20th Aug 2012, 11:35
My apologies, I tried to keep getting back to topic(really) will do my best to refrain from diverting off topic in future.

Thamauturge
22nd Aug 2012, 20:43

Square Enix would have to be an absolute fool to not release IZJS in an HD Collection. Literally every other HD Collection out right now includes the "best" version of their respective games (ICO had the PAL Multiplayer, MGS had Substance and Substinance Content, Silent Hill had Born From A Wish)

They would certainly include it.

YoshiKatYoko
24th Aug 2012, 14:31
Colten

Reporting posts are only those who are misbehaving - not arguing.

Syn

You should stop getting things in your way. Period.

-------------------

Koty

Are you even SURE? IZJS, X-2 international, and other spin-offs are ****. exclusive only. Games you mentioned having the best versions are all regional free, so US gets it. Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is a ****. exclusive game only, Tekken 6: BloodLine Rebellion Arcade has many features in the ****. and Kor. versions only, Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC Accessories coming from Famitsu magazine is ****. exclusive only, and etc. That would certainly build up why Japanese gets the good stuffs always. Althought I really wanted to have IZJS on HD collection, it is possible, but would remain ****. language. I am playing IZJS with Eng. patch on my PS3, so that's one method already.

I have a Last Mission + International for X-2 too :3

Syn
27th Aug 2012, 03:54
^^ Dont understand what you mean by "getting things in your way", does not make sense to me in regard to what we where talking about. On the other hand, I thought you desliked the changes in IZJS, so isnt it kinda contradictory to your....... you know what its fine.

@ Yoshi, you and I both would like an HD remake right?? I for one dont mind whatever version they decide to bring out, be it the Original(loved it) or IZJS(loved it too), as long as we hope to get an HD remake of FF XII and support it, we are basically agreeing to the fundamental message of this thread, lets leave it at that and support the game to have its HD remaster.

YoshiKatYoko
5th Sep 2012, 07:30
Don't make things go in your way of doing an act.

Pineappleskewer
8th Sep 2012, 03:15
I think this is one of the FF games that is most deserving of a remastered HD version.

It's not really the graphics I care about though.... The compressed and muffled voices was very disappointing and caused me to be slightly distracted from the dialog throughout the game.

I'm hoping they still have an uncompressed version of the audio. It would be fantastic to hear all the characters without everyone sounding nasally.

dbivens
9th Sep 2012, 21:12
Why is there not just a PS2 FF HD collection, like the Jak and Daxer trilogy. X, X-2, and XII? Hell I'd just be happy with X and XII

Runsfrin
16th Sep 2012, 09:53
Hi everybody,

I´m new on the forums, in fact I logged for the first time just to post on this thread, the reason: I love Final Fantasy XII.

I´ve been playing Final Fantasy and other games for many years but Final Fantasy XII is ,by far, the game that fits my taste the most.

Obviously I´d love to play an HD version of this game on my PS3 (IZJS would be just great! but the “original” version is Ok for me too…)

I also have to say that lots of people I know think the same so…

Give us the chance to play again this fantastic game SquareEnix!

You´ll make us happy… and you´ll make some good gil too ;)

JeffsonP
16th Sep 2012, 13:03
Playing FFX HD in my PS Vita should be amazing! I hope for a remaster of FFXII IJZS! <3

CyberOliver
21st Nov 2012, 22:56
Greetings! Oh MY! I will cry till i die if Final Fantasy XII HD were announced for Vita! I wouldn't mind being the Order Of Ambrosia once more!/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif As an Order Of Ambrosia Mark hunter i think i deserve my HD copy Of FF XII for ps3 or 360 Please! Square!? EDIT; FFXII director Yasumi Matsuno replied to me regarding my FFXII HD question that he unfortunately can't answer it because he retired from Squarenix./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif How you guys feel about it? Although he retired could there be any other possibility for this?

member_10607307
24th Dec 2012, 03:35
I would love to see the International Zodiac Job System. I still haven't ruled out modding my PS2 and trying out the English patched version. I really hope the Final Fantasy 10 HD remake is of the International version.

jimbrault12
25th Dec 2012, 21:48
Final Fantasy II was the best game ever, hope they will do something with this title.

jimbrault12
25th Dec 2012, 21:51
Okay, to add to my other post, Final Fantasy XII was exceptional in almost every way, (ie music, battle system, graphics).

Square will have to create titles at this standard to get me to buy additional titles.

For instance, I bouth XIII but not XIII-2 because I was disappointed wiht XIII. I don't plan to buy the Lightening title either.

Would like to spend money on another SquareEnix Final Fantasy title but it needs to be be as good as XII.

duohaggard
27th Dec 2012, 01:27
I totally agree with Jim, I was disappointed with XIII and XIII-2, I think Square was trying to take the game in a new direction but they didnt succeed in my eyes. Final Fantasy was an open world exploration game that allowed you to build and train your characters to lethal extents, XII showed that open world and was a great mark in Final Fantasy history, also I think that it should be available for download on PSN, if Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto 3 can be available why cant FFX and XII two games that defined the entie PS2 lifetime

jimbrault12
27th Dec 2012, 12:30
Would be nice if Square would listen it it's loyal fan base and not other sources (ie it's strategy group or consultants).

Square has been successful so far because it has made a couple of quality FF titles, XII and VII, that it's fan base has really liked.

Not sure why Square can't see this successful formula and build on it.

My advice to Square's management is to create a block-buster FF title and then build on it. XIII was not a block buster title. Good but not at the level Square should be at on the current generation of platforms.

Hey you North American guys, can you consolidate this and other FF posts, translate to Japanese and forward to the Senior Managers in Japan. I'm affraid they are getting this feedback.

jimbrault12
27th Dec 2012, 12:37
And one more thing, why Hitman, Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs? Couldn't the developers time be better spent on titles that wow and amaze its fan base?

Square has made several titles this year but I haven't bought any of them. And this for not for a lack of interest in RPG, especially Square's RPG.

There was nothing that I was interested in.

Doesn't Square want it's target market to be actively spending on its title.

I'm affraid the only money and time I will be spend on a Square is the once a decaded FF title that actually measures up.

duohaggard
3rd Jan 2013, 02:42
you're awesome, thats the only reason why I go on these forums, in hopes Square will listen to our cries. Majority still prefers Call of Duty or even Skyrim to a Final Fantasy game, I mean Bethesda slayed the RPG gameworld with that game. FFXII is the only game that came close to having an open world that big to explore, I mean I had hoped Square wouldve released a Skyrim type game before Bethesda and have been able to make that stamp on history. It was for their picking, FF Versus XIII couldve been that game but hell who says that it had to have been an FF at all

member_10176603
19th Jan 2013, 20:07
I would love for FFXII to me remastered. I would like to try out the Zodiac Job System as well. Lets hope it happens. I hated the battle system on the first playthru but then loved it on the second. I didn't know how to work the battle system until my brother showed me how to set up my gambits. When fighting the last boss on my first playthru, I would cast buffs manually instead of using the gambits, I feel really dumb now. I remember just holding down the circle button in final fantasy 7 during the battles so that all the characters would just attack. With FFXII it was nice to make them just do what they needed to do during battle, it beat pressing the circle button all the time.

jimbrault12
21st Jan 2013, 16:01
If Square did something, anything with FFXII, I would pay.

Question is whether Square wants more of my money. Haven't spent anything on XIII-2 or won't spend on Lighting Returns.

jimbrault12
24th Jan 2013, 19:21
Is this line of thought real? Just want to say XII was just amazing.

Can't stress enough that Square will get more of my money if they do something with this title.

duohaggard
25th Jan 2013, 19:51
idk why they don't put all the old school ff's on PSN we need FFX and XII for our lives to be complete, im pretty sure everyone on here bought it the first time and I more than willing to buy it a second time at half price/quarter price if they're HD releases too (which honestly won't look much different)

NeonChazzmosis
14th Feb 2013, 13:52
Would be nice to see what kind of trophies/achievements they could come up with for FFXII. I just don't get why everyone seems to be pushing toward a Vita release. Yes, the Vita is an amazing system, but it would still be exactly the same as on PS2...might as well just play it as you always have. PS3/Xbox 360 would be amazing. The trophy/achievement system was made for games like this...Just saying. It would be really interesting to see a trophy/achievement breakdown for FFXII.

coedhacker
14th Feb 2013, 14:45
Would be nice to see what kind of trophies/achievements they could come up with for FFXII. I just don't get why everyone seems to be pushing toward a Vita release. Yes, the Vita is an amazing system, but it would still be exactly the same as on PS2...might as well just play it as you always have. PS3/Xbox 360 would be amazing. The trophy/achievement system was made for games like this...Just saying. It would be really interesting to see a trophy/achievement breakdown for FFXII.

Agreed, however we for sure won't even get a sniff of ffxii hd for a long time. Hopefully Square releases ffx hd, and it does well, thus they decide they're justified to make an hd ffxii. But everyone wants a remake of vii, me personally x and xii are my faves.

keikoku01
18th Feb 2013, 04:15
Yeah I would love to see XII HD, both original and international zodiac job, in asian version please (japanese voice with english subs)

CyberOliver
21st Mar 2013, 16:33
Hi, my name is Abel and i am so very excited about the announcement of FF-X hd that will come in hand with X-2 hd too! Isn't this goergous! I loved both titles back in the early decade. But i am very worried about Final Fantasy XII too because is my life favorite. Since FFXII were developed by another squarenix team, will this mean it won't realese this year with X and X-2 right? I hope with all my strenghs that this indeed will never be the case. However, thank you very much squarenix for your hardwork on remastering these titles! from the bottom of my heart you will always be in it.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

jimbrault12
23rd Mar 2013, 12:01
Hey Everyone,

Let's voice some support to have FF XII remastered in HD like X.

My opinion is this is the greatest game ever developed.

Square needs to do more with this title. Has any other title got game of the year?

destruction7
23rd Mar 2013, 13:11
FFXII also got also a very weak advertising and publicity,bad pics,didn´t hyped very well!

member_10012998
23rd Mar 2013, 13:20
I wouldn't mind them remastering this game for some reason. But I'd really love a remastered Vagrant Story.

member_10746278
23rd Mar 2013, 13:43
Well... I love both games: FF12 and Vagrant Story... but SE only make games with $$$ for them... not for poorly games :( even they are the best... its a shame... but it will be a great news If SE make that happend...

Grimoire
23rd Mar 2013, 17:04
This thread does not belong in the [General Discussion (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139231/233953/general_discussion)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY XII (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233983/FINAL_FANTASY_XII)] forum.

[General Forum Guidelines (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

You may continue your discussion in the following thread:

[Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29149487/Final_Fantasy_XII_HD_Remaster)]

member_10820858
25th Mar 2013, 10:41
I will love to see FFXII HD Remaster

Mad_Angel
25th Mar 2013, 13:14
I have this feeling we will never see a FFXII HD remaster because experience has shown that SE green-lights Kitase/Toriyama games only, may them be remasters of fan favourites or sequels to games no one really cares about.

destruction7
25th Mar 2013, 13:31
I have feeling that´s gonna happen!

Mad_Angel
25th Mar 2013, 13:36
I have feeling that´s gonna happen!

Before or after Type-0's West release for the PSP? =P

Mordimor
27th Mar 2013, 14:35
Square Enix would be incredibly stupid not to do an HD remaster of FFXII. . . there are lots of fans of this game, and people would buy it. I really don't see why they didn't just do an HD remaster of all the ps2 single player FF titles in one package, instead of just FFX and FFX-2.

If it doesn't come to light, however, I would have to blame none other than FF fans themselves. FF fans have to be the most whiniest, brattiest group of gamers I have ever come across. When FFXII came out so many people cried foul because it wasn't like a "traditional" Final Fantasy title, even though it had all of the FF staples, such as moogles, chocobos, airships, etc. Since it went in a different direction with the structure of the game world and the battle system, people freaked out. I really don't understand why people would want every FF game to be exactly the same with different characters and story. Fans should embrace when SE tries to do something different. Old school turn based rpgs are becoming a thing of the past. Sorry folks. Which is why it is funny that now, when people look back on it, most regard it very fondly and would love to see more from the world of FFXII.

I sincerely hope we get to see an HD remaster of this game- and, perhaps even a sequel (and I mean a proper sequel, a fully realized FF title). I find it hilarious that SE has made two sequels to FFXIII, one of the worst entries in the entire series, but lets this wonderful game sit in the corner and gather dust. SO much could be done with the world of Ivalice. . . *sigh* Where are SE's heads at?

Leaferian-379423
27th Mar 2013, 17:32
Square Enix would be incredibly stupid not to do an HD remaster of FFXII. . . there are lots of fans of this game, and people would buy it. I really don't see why they didn't just do an HD remaster of all the ps2 single player FF titles in one package, instead of just FFX and FFX-2.

If it doesn't come to light, however, I would have to blame none other than FF fans themselves. FF fans have to be the most whiniest, brattiest group of gamers I have ever come across. When FFXII came out so many people cried foul because it wasn't like a "traditional" Final Fantasy title, even though it had all of the FF staples, such as moogles, chocobos, airships, etc. Since it went in a different direction with the structure of the game world and the battle system, people freaked out. I really don't understand why people would want every FF game to be exactly the same with different characters and story. Fans should embrace when SE tries to do something different. Old school turn based rpgs are becoming a thing of the past. Sorry folks. Which is why it is funny that now, when people look back on it, most regard it very fondly and would love to see more from the world of FFXII.

I sincerely hope we get to see an HD remaster of this game- and, perhaps even a sequel (and I mean a proper sequel, a fully realized FF title). I find it hilarious that SE has made two sequels to FFXIII, one of the worst entries in the entire series, but lets this wonderful game sit in the corner and gather dust. SO much could be done with the world of Ivalice. . . *sigh* Where are SE's heads at?

All right, look. I agree with most of what you said, but you lose a little of your credibility when you bash XIII as one of the worst entries in the series. The fanbase is incredibly divided on XIII, it's true, but it's pretty evenly split between love and hate. The only difference is that those who hate it scream much, much louder. You're basically falling victim to what you accuse the rest of the fanbase of doing.

With that being said, this is absolutely nothing new. When Final Fantasy VIII came out, I remember the exact same set of reactions toward it because of the Draw system, the GFs, the junctioning, and Squall being an 'emo clone' of Cloud. 'Everyone' hated that, they said no game would ever be as good as VII was, they said Final Fantasy was going to die. When IX came out, it was quieter but the criticisms were still there. Art style was too kidsy, they 'stole' the AP system from FFTactics, none of the characters were believable. X's battle system wasn't ATB enough, voice acting was a blight on the series, Summons were too powerful, the Sphere Grid was too confusing. X-2 was too girly, the story wasn't linear enough to make sense, the battle system was moving even farther away from ATB and it needed to stop. Final Fantasy XII (my personal favorite of the numbered series, for the record) also recieved its share of criticisms, among them a few of the things you mentioned. What all of these games have in common, truly in common? They are now fondly remembered by the majority of the fanbse, as if the complaints never happened. People say things like "Even X-2 wasn't this bad", and "Why didn't they just stop at XII", sentiments echoed on the releases of most of the games since VII's release. In a few years some new Final Fantasy will be released that'll get on some particular group's nerves, and quite suddenly XIII will be all sugar and rainbows. Then someday that game will be replaced by a new one, and then that one, and then that one. The fanbase will always have something to hate and a rreason to hate it; The only way to survive that is to just shrug your shoulders and say "Well I liked it, and that's all that matters."

On the subject of why all of the PS2 games weren't being done together, it's because originally XHD was announced in celebration of Final Fantasy X's 10th anniversary. They didn't make that one, so they are hoping it get it out this year (which is X-2's 10th anniversary). If the PS2 HD re-releases are an anniversary thing, then we would probably see a XII HD collecion about 2016. If they intend to do something other than a PSN download, that would probably include the Revenant Wings sequel from the DS (hopefully given the same treatment as Chain of Memories when it was remade for the PS2). Such an HD update would almost certainly include the XII International: Zodiac Job System content, too, which would be nice. I'm curious to know, though, what you would expect out of a second sequel or an extension of the first. Do you have a preference for story type, for returning characters, for which systems get evolved and which get left by the wayside?

destruction7
28th Mar 2013, 19:26

All right, look. I agree with most of what you said, but you lose a little of your credibility when you bash XIII as one of the worst entries in the series. The fanbase is incredibly divided on XIII, it's true, but it's pretty evenly split between love and hate. The only difference is that those who hate it scream much, much louder. You're basically falling victim to what you accuse the rest of the fanbase of doing.

With that being said, this is absolutely nothing new. When Final Fantasy VIII came out, I remember the exact same set of reactions toward it because of the Draw system, the GFs, the junctioning, and Squall being an 'emo clone' of Cloud. 'Everyone' hated that, they said no game would ever be as good as VII was, they said Final Fantasy was going to die. When IX came out, it was quieter but the criticisms were still there. Art style was too kidsy, they 'stole' the AP system from FFTactics, none of the characters were believable. X's battle system wasn't ATB enough, voice acting was a blight on the series, Summons were too powerful, the Sphere Grid was too confusing. X-2 was too girly, the story wasn't linear enough to make sense, the battle system was moving even farther away from ATB and it needed to stop. Final Fantasy XII (my personal favorite of the numbered series, for the record) also recieved its share of criticisms, among them a few of the things you mentioned. What all of these games have in common, truly in common? They are now fondly remembered by the majority of the fanbse, as if the complaints never happened. People say things like "Even X-2 wasn't this bad", and "Why didn't they just stop at XII", sentiments echoed on the releases of most of the games since VII's release. In a few years some new Final Fantasy will be released that'll get on some particular group's nerves, and quite suddenly XIII will be all sugar and rainbows. Then someday that game will be replaced by a new one, and then that one, and then that one. The fanbase will always have something to hate and a rreason to hate it; The only way to survive that is to just shrug your shoulders and say "Well I liked it, and that's all that matters."

On the subject of why all of the PS2 games weren't being done together, it's because originally XHD was announced in celebration of Final Fantasy X's 10th anniversary. They didn't make that one, so they are hoping it get it out this year (which is X-2's 10th anniversary). If the PS2 HD re-releases are an anniversary thing, then we would probably see a XII HD collecion about 2016. If they intend to do something other than a PSN download, that would probably include the Revenant Wings sequel from the DS (hopefully given the same treatment as Chain of Memories when it was remade for the PS2). Such an HD update would almost certainly include the XII International: Zodiac Job System content, too, which would be nice. I'm curious to know, though, what you would expect out of a second sequel or an extension of the first. Do you have a preference for story type, for returning characters, for which systems get evolved and which get left by the wayside?

But Final fantasy XIII is really bad!

alanman178
1st Apr 2013, 20:18
I'd buy the FF12 HD. I found myself playing through the original game multiple times over the years. I like how the game's world opens up more and more as you progress through the story, and the content that becomes available as you do it. I enjoyed the battle system and gambit system. I thought SE could have taken the 'License Board' a little further, and I didn't like having to zone 2 maps over and back to respawn enemies. Also, I thought they should've had more than 99 exp levels. But, the pros far outway the cons from my perspective.

sqex_3512591
3rd Apr 2013, 15:46
god i have to agree with this thread all the way if this was on the vita ide buy it in a heartbeat..wanted portable final fantasy 12 ever since they released ps1 classics on teh psp and ps3.

jimbrault12
3rd Apr 2013, 20:36
Hey, is this going to happen, would like to hear from Square management.

CyberOliver
7th Apr 2013, 08:48
Hi, good morning everyone. I would like to know what will happen to Final Fantasy XII too. Please square give us a glimpse!

victory90
9th Apr 2013, 17:08
hi ^^ im just signed to say: do a ff12 remaster and take my money! international version like in ff10 remaster please <3

mitchf
9th Apr 2013, 23:18
Please for the love of god, do a remake for XII. Probably my favourite game ever.

Leaferian-379423
10th Apr 2013, 03:38
We can always hope for 2016, people. I mean, if the X|X-2 remaster is any indication, they would probably do it for the 10th anniversary of XII in 2016. I also would love to experience the International version, especially the Zodiac Job System portion.

jimbrault12
16th Apr 2013, 21:36
Can FF XII be remastered? Would Square really do this?

CyberOliver
17th Apr 2013, 13:46
Hi, I am very excited to get the hd remake of X and X-2 but like Leaferian suggested, maybe we'll see it coming in the next 3 years or so. I wish to have every hardcore Final Fantasy XII fan in the world to write a comment for this thread.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

jimbrault12
17th Apr 2013, 14:33
why does Square take so long?

Leaferian-379423
17th Apr 2013, 15:03
why does Square take so long?

For one, they have a lot of other projects to attend to. This is one of their biggest years in ages. More to the point, though, I specifically stated above that a Final Fantasy XII HD update most likley happen for the game's 10th Anniversary, like the X|X-2 collection is doing for X-2's 10th Anniversary. XII wasn't released until 2006, meaning if they wanted to do a celebration they would do it in 2016. Which is three years from now. Calm down.

member_10406581
16th May 2013, 03:45
As the titles says, I'm looking to see opinions on how everyone would feel if they re-released XII (or make new story possibly XII-2) as an online RPG (for example, PSO, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Quest X).. The elements to make the game so are there, personally I thought the game felt like it could/should have been so more then being a single player exp. & so I felt it was a missed opportunity. But what do you all think of this?

member_10715263
16th May 2013, 09:52
I would love that!! I really wish you guys would release Final Fantasy 10 and 12 on PS3 format. I'd love to replay it again!!

member_10751449
16th May 2013, 18:13
Revenant Wings was the sequel to XII. So they could do a HD remake like how they did for the kingdom heart games.

member_10406581
18th May 2013, 17:13
I forgot about that, but how many people had a DS to play it @ the time? which is probably why I forgot about it lol ^^; I just feel that if they could remake XIV, then they could add in a online mode here or make another game within the Ivalice universe & (please do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) such a game as a online RPG does not exist in the FF Series or its spin-offs. It would be a great addition.

the_ed_85
19th May 2013, 04:12
As the titles says, I'm looking to see opinions on how everyone would feel if they re-released XII (or make new story possibly XII-2) as an online RPG (for example, PSO, White Knight Chronicles, Dragon Quest X).. The elements to make the game so are there, personally I thought the game felt like it could/should have been so more then being a single player exp. & so I felt it was a missed opportunity. But what do you all think of this?

To be completely honest, XII to me was the longest 120 hours of gameplay I've ever had. It took so long to get anywhere in that game that I was completely unable to follow the story. They tried to make the game to much like an MMORPG&hellip; they gave it MACROs for Christ sakes, this should not happen in a single player game that is put exclusively on a console. I might play a remake of XII if they cut out the entire gambit (MACROs) system, cut the travel time between destinations by at least half, swap out those terrible espers for classic espers, and centralize the story around a main character instead of having everything go all over the place (One moment Ashe is the main, then Vaan, then Balthier, then Fran, then Ashe again, then Basche, back to Vaan), it had to many characters without setting a proper main character. Now that I really think about it, XII is the worst game out of all of them, it even beats X-2 on the this-is-complete****-ometer, which really does say a lot.

i would try a remake, but there would have to be a ton of changes made to that game if I was to play it again.

member_10751449
19th May 2013, 11:50
I forgot about that, but how many people had a DS to play it @ the time? which is probably why I forgot about it lol ^^; I just feel that if they could remake XIV, then they could add in a online mode here or make another game within the Ivalice universe & (please do feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) such a game as a online RPG does not exist in the FF Series or its spin-offs. It would be a great addition.

To answer your question almost 155 million (153.87 to be exact). Which is almost the same as the PS2 (155 million).

member_10406581
19th May 2013, 20:47
To answer your question almost 155 million (153.87 to be exact). Which is almost the same as the PS2 (155 million).

Awesome! glad to see it sold well =D

CyberOliver
20th May 2013, 00:35
Hi, I too consider myself a extreme loyalty addict and proud citizen of the royal city of Rabanastre. The sudden intelect of braining about a conceiveable XII-2 or even insanely than that, making FFXII an mmorpg like FFXIV A Realm Reborn or FFXI sounds like something offtopic i would imagine he he, i mean, nah, it's a bad idea my will disagrees on that. All we can intelillently brain squarenix to accurately do is to meticulously decide the hd international zodiac job system remastered version for it with nice hard 51 defying trophies and being able to experience it on our lovely ps Vitas just as we'll do with X and X-2 HD./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

member_10406581
23rd May 2013, 16:42
Hi, I too consider myself a extreme loyalty addict and proud citizen of the royal city of Rabanastre. The sudden intelect of braining about a conceiveable XII-2 or even insanely than that, making FFXII an mmorpg like FFXIV A Realm Reborn or FFXI sounds like something offtopic i would imagine he he, i mean, nah, it's a bad idea my will disagrees on that. All we can intelillently brain squarenix to accurately do is to meticulously decide the hd international zodiac job system remastered version for it with nice hard 51 defying trophies and being able to experience it on our lovely ps Vitas just as we'll do with X and X-2 HD.

A full blown MMORPG for this IS a bad Idea but an RPG (Not MMO) with online access isn't that far fetched (Example: White Knight Chronicles, Original Phantasy Star Online) The game plays like it would have been meant for this already and I would love to see them build on what's their.. would be nice for people who are looking for something like this seeing these type of games are rare and for people who are not looking for a full blown MMO

Thamauturge
25th May 2013, 12:31
Extremely redundant thread.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29149487/Final_Fantasy_XII_HD_Remaster?pg=10)

theimmortalmoo
29th May 2013, 17:16
Posting in Redudant thread for support, that I am sure Square Does not care about.

theimmortalmoo
29th May 2013, 17:17
If we throw money at the other HD releases maybe we'll see it :)

CyberOliver
29th May 2013, 22:20
Hi, C'mon don't lose your faith so easily, i know really well that some big heads at squarenix stops by here once in a while! And maybe even Shinji Hashimoto!http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

FatSqueek
1st Jun 2013, 19:36
Why would this ever be needed?

Light7
3rd Jun 2013, 10:12
I really love FFXII!! And i love ffx, x-2, xiii, xiii-2, vii and crisis core! If they're going to remake ffx and x-2 that's beause is it's 10th anniversary since it came out! But ahm... ff12 came out in 2006 or 7 dont know.. so they wold probably only say something by that time, like 10 years from that on, 2016... : ( i think... and if they're going to release Kingdom hearts 1 with final mix and chain of memories that was only exclusive to japan and ffx-2 with last mission that was only exclusive to japan as well im suree they will, if they remake ff12, add the zodiak system : D that game would look soWwonderful in ps3 graphics im sure.. it has so many beautiful areas *-* god... im gonna die xD and by the way im sure theyll realease kh2 with final mix for ps3 : ) cause they already said that... i think theyre doing this because of many reasons... cause ps4 e about to be realeased... very soon... and we have ps3. and ps2 is... almost dead i think... and because there are so many wonderful RPG games for PS2 and they know they're fans love them, and of course, they'll earn more muny, they're remastering them xD

teh_boss
4th Jun 2013, 20:11
do u guys think ff 12 will get a remaster ? i never got a chance to play it and it looks awsome

Grimoire
4th Jun 2013, 20:34
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XII (/go/forum/view/139235/233983/FINAL_FANTASY_XII)] forum.

[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

There already is a thread with a similar topic. You may continue your discussion in:

[Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster (/go/thread/view/139235/29149487/Final_Fantasy_XII_HD_Remaster)]

Ruhyah
5th Jun 2013, 11:56
I would be so happy if SE did a HD of XII. This game is up there with X as my favorite Final Fantasy. I loved all the main characters...Everything about it was awesome...Please SE give us HD for the PS3. I know PS4 is being released but with FFXIV being on PS3, and all my other FF games I love, I will be not buying a PS4 for a while as their not backwards compatible...I agree with the other posters, I'd love to see a sequel of this game, bet it be awesome with improved graphics...It kind of left us hanging like one was coming...

Standstill
10th Jun 2013, 18:51
I want a remaster of Final Fantasy VII.

member_10289789
13th Jun 2013, 01:19
I want a remaster of Final Fantasy VII.

Everyone does

rainesohma
14th Jun 2013, 17:36
don't need an HD remaster if all the remasters are taking away from localization of other titles (type-0) however, I would love to have XII released digitally so I can play on my vita instead of fighting family members for enough time on the console to pour hundreds of hours into the game again.

Latentorder
14th Jun 2013, 17:52
Yes! I would love to see this! Final Fantasy XII is fantastic and it would wonderful if the western fans could finally get a chance to play the International Zodiac Job System version of XII !

oto57
18th Jun 2013, 10:01
Please don't do that. final fantasy xii is one the worst ff of all time. i'm buying almost all hd and remastered version, but this game doesn't need it.
i really beg you to and hd remastered version of ff type-0 with english and spanish subtitles, i want to try this game sooo badly! if square enix launch a collector's edition i'll pre-order inmediately.
that's all, don't count with me, and a lot of fans of final fantasy universe, if you remaster ffxii.
thanks

Chosen1
1st Jul 2013, 00:49
I'd be the first to buy it! Personally my fav title in FF franchise. Love this game and would totally be grateful if they remastered it on PS3

balthierxpenelo15
1st Jul 2013, 15:23
If they decide to re-make Final Fantasy XII (HD Version), they should totally make Balthier and Penelo date this time. If you are a Banelo fan (BalthierxPenelo), we should tell Square Enix to make them even more romantic and cuter together than in the original version of FFXII. They are just so cute together and I would love to see them hold hands, go on a romantic date or some sort. I hope they can do that and they are the best couple in the game in my opinion. :D

member_10200554
1st Jul 2013, 22:15
I'm totally game for a FFXII HD remake!

This time I'll ACTUALLY get the Zodiac Spear. Also, I get the chance to kill Yaizmat, one more time. :D

Darklordkjell
19th Aug 2013, 20:31
I would buy it. :D I would've bought FF XII HD Collectors Edition, even if the pricetag would be $180. I love that game so much. I don't know how many hours I've put into that title. I am sure I've spent more than 400 hours on that game. :p

WelshSpeed
29th Aug 2013, 08:53
Final Fantasy XII was crap but not half as crap as XIII more like a movie than a game.

Just be happy will Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming out for now (Then again X-2 was crap as well)
But then again more than 1/4 ex Final Fantasy fans will say the last good one was IX and even X was crap, But i liked the football and i hate football games lol.

DarkTiamatZERO
7th Sep 2013, 05:46
Final Fantasy XII was crap but not half as crap as XIII more like a movie than a game.

Just be happy will Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming out for now (Then again X-2 was crap as well)
But then again more than 1/4 ex Final Fantasy fans will say the last good one was IX and even X was crap, But i liked the football and i hate football games lol.

FFXII wasn't crap, it just wasn't very good for a main series game. I think more people were disappointed with it than hated it. Remember, it was the first TRUE Final Fantasy (screw FFXI) that they tried making without Hironobu Sakaguchi and it was the first main series game to take place in the FF Tactics world of Ivalice. The only really bad things about that game were the story, which felt badly written, and too many stupid MMO ideas were shoved into it in an attempt to do something new with the series. It felt more like a Final Fantasy spin-off than a true successor. I would actually buy an HD re-release because it's a decent game, just underwhelming for a Final Fantasy game.

And FFX was awesome. I'm sick of people bagging on that one. Just because most uncultured Westerners failed at comprehending the setting and character design doesn't make it a bad game. The story was deep and involving, the characters were developed and emotional, the music was excellent, the graphics were revolutionary and gorgeous, and the gameplay was more streamlined than ever. It was extremely easy to get into and to start caring about the characters, plus the battles were strategic and fun to play. I've said it before and I'll say it again: FFX was the last true Final Fantasy to bear the name. Everything after that just sucked.

PartyPoupard
28th Oct 2013, 20:21
When can we see FINAL FANTASY XII in the Play Station store for PS3 for Purchase?? I speak for Many Canadians when i say we would love to see this game for Purchase in the store!!! They have every other FINAL FANTASY game BUT FINAL FANTASY XII ( and im not speaking of FFXII Revenant Wings)

WinterLuffy
7th Dec 2013, 12:19
Definitly want this game done remastered for ps3 would be a instant buy for me.
Not for the story wait is there even a story?
Basically the reason this would be a instant buy for me is the fight system its my all time favourite fighting in any final fantasy game to date.
I go further with the story just so I can fight the different monsters and level up and such never actually play this game for its -story-.
But nonetheless I still would be willing to pay 60 dollars for a remake just so I could do the fights again and earn all my equipment again LOVE that aspect of it.

alanman178
8th Dec 2013, 03:21
Definitly want this game done remastered for ps3 would be a instant buy for me.
Not for the story wait is there even a story?
Basically the reason this would be a instant buy for me is the fight system its my all time favourite fighting in any final fantasy game to date.
I go further with the story just so I can fight the different monsters and level up and such never actually play this game for its -story-.
But nonetheless I still would be willing to pay 60 dollars for a remake just so I could do the fights again and earn all my equipment again LOVE that aspect of it.

I understand what you mean. I've replayed many games over the years just for the battles, level-ups, character-development options, etc.. It's always about more than just the story for me. I lose interest when companies lean on linear stories. If you lean too far in one direction, you'll lose balance.

Tiego87
2nd Jan 2014, 19:20
I would love a XII HD release. Only it won't mean as much to me as X and Kingdom Hearts has of late. XII was great and everything, the battle mechanics were tactically fun and engaging and the world and graphics were ahead of its time. The music was okay at times, but mostly forgettable. And that dialogue... so beautiful. But the characters... Vaan as the main character? Didn't feel it. It was Basch's story, with Balthier and Fran a close second; those were the characters I connected with, as well as Gabranth. I thought Vaan rather bland. Sure, he had his dreams, but his character seemed a splice between several characters in Final Fantasy's history, made generic. Penelo didn't seem to develop her own identity, always chasing after Vaan. And Ashe was just... there. And Vane... boring! In terms of story, it's hard to imagine that this came from the same mind as those involved with Tactics and Vagrant Story. And when it ended I got very little closure (though not as bad as VII's ending). And to this day I have a very minimal amount of desire to play Revenant Wings, an inferior handheld sequel to a beautiful PS2 game.

XII is a good game, just not as realized as I like my Final Fantasy.

alanman178
3rd Jan 2014, 02:41
I think Vaan seemed bland to so many people because, he was just a simple teenager with a dream. All he had was a lil' bit of street-smarts and a hatred for an empire and a "traitor" who killed his brother. He certainly wasn't a seasoned "Warrior".

jeffry_120
7th Jan 2014, 14:55
its one of the best!!!

jeffry_120
7th Jan 2014, 14:56
they need to make a ff12 remake, the game is so amazing good, the music, gameplay all of it is superieur please square enix!!

NIGHT-TERROR
1st Feb 2014, 21:47
The appearance of final fantasy xii as the next hd remaster is quite possible maybe....how many of u would like that???.... do u think it will have the international version with the zodiac job system and all of it's content????

NIGHT-TERROR
3rd Feb 2014, 15:32
i know that this , title either liked or disliked more , of the normal final fantasy titles , but for me that title was the something else.Of course not that the other final fantasies had something bad no , this title just gave a breath in the series because it brought, many new things inside.... :D :D :D... an hd remaster with many additions inside it's just what it needs.. :) :) :)

iddragon
21st Feb 2014, 01:12
I really want them to keep this game online with quest updates new items marks etc maybe add more dynamics, would be cool to really see it take more life. Like more platform action, faster running speeds more chocoquest and more characters, I also think that it would be cool if you could see more like armors and many monsters

iddragon
21st Feb 2014, 01:17
I agree I think they should make the marks(hunts)and exclusive side quest something live like in most new games where this game can be upgraded and fine tuned. That's a sure way players will love this HD remake. I'll pay for the extras. I really wish there was more agile and platform things like jump off ledge etc.

iLSephiroth
21st Feb 2014, 11:40
Gonna be a epic time with the HD Remaster of FFX and FF X-2 on the PS3!
FFX I have played at least 150 hours on PS2 in the good old days, now is the time to return to FFX on PS3!

Frafrafra90
22nd Feb 2014, 00:54
Final Fantasy XII is the best final fantasy game ! Please square enix, work at Final Fantasy XII HD for ps3 !

Sora9669
24th Feb 2014, 09:30
We definitely need a HD remaster of XII.

DarrylWilks
26th Feb 2014, 02:58
Hey guys, I've been wondering since I can't find FF12 on Playstation Network, you think that sqaure might do a HD revamp for the ps3? After all FF12 is apart of Icalice Alliance.

Frafrafra90
3rd Mar 2014, 19:53
how can we get in touch with square enix? we must persuade square enix to work on Final Fantasy XII HD remix for ps3 (also in italian)

Andrew1802
9th Mar 2014, 10:30
I read today that if there were enough people requesting the remake of FFXII, square enix would probably make it. I'm here just for this, and hoping that's true.
FFXII was my favorite game, maybe only as awesome as the PS1 Legend of Legaya (except for the graphics, of course).

Frafrafra90
12th Mar 2014, 22:20
everyone need a HD remaster of XII for ps3 !
please square enix, work on it !

Leon_Beoulve
13th Mar 2014, 03:37
I literally created an account here just to add my name to the list of people wanting a remake of Final Fantasy XII. Particularly a Vita port. I don't even care if it's HD.

Thamauturge
13th Mar 2014, 20:39
It makes me proud to see that this is the most active thread in this section! I really hope SE takes it into account someday.

Frafrafra90
14th Mar 2014, 18:30
I literally created an account here just to add my name to the list of people wanting a remake of Final Fantasy XII. Particularly a Vita port. I don't even care if it's HD.

Me too! We must prove square enix that we want Final Fantasy XII HD for ps3

Jynxohn
19th Mar 2014, 04:11
Me too! We must prove square enix that we want Final Fantasy XII HD for ps3

Same here! I I really miss Final Fantasy XII and I would love to play it in HD.

Checkmate262
19th Mar 2014, 19:39
Add me to the list! I would buy a remastered FFXII in a heartbeat. I still play this game today!

Frafrafra90
20th Mar 2014, 18:42
Come on guys, let's keep this topic active, and we hope that square enix will listen to us ! we want Final Fantasy XII HD for ps3

Chocolina-Eater
21st Mar 2014, 00:33
What about 360 ? no hd edition for microsoft console? =´(

Chocolina-Eater
21st Mar 2014, 00:34
i love this game but i think square enix dont want my money

Frafrafra90
21st Mar 2014, 22:25
this is my favourite final fantasy game by far ! please, we want Final Fantasy XII HD for ps3/ps vita

FOXDIE040147
22nd Mar 2014, 04:05
FFX is the first Final Fantasy game I ever played, so I'm really happy it got an HD remake, but XII is my second favorite by a hair... It needs an HD remake... please SE, we want it. I'm Captain Basch!

Zeues1992
22nd Mar 2014, 20:01
I have some ideas maybe it's little crazy, but I will just say it.
can we have like a two modes for the game normal mode and hard more. the normal game it's what is already like.
the hard mode will be like this:
-in the field more beast more health and stronger.
-bosses should be very hard.
-the party size's increases to six so all characters play at the same time.
-one overall party level not each character separated and would require much more experience to advance
-one license board of the weapons, spells and number of gambits for all characters. for augments each alone.
-for special ability's (Quickenings I think). for each 5 party levels you can unlock one of the ability for one of the characters. so at level 90 you will have 3 for each.
-ability to make them fire to make combined Quickening attack for 6 together . it will be much more powerful. but will count as one it won't help if you want to build longer chain. SE can create some new animations for each combination for 3 tiers. as you must use same amount of bars for all characters.
-as other players mention in other threads. balance the magiks make 3 for aero instead of 2 . 3 for water instead of the basic ones. maybe a low leveled one for the holy type. and of course earth type.
for the techniques make some the others than steal and Libra useful or remove them.
-espers I don't care about them.

that's all what I can think about.

I didn't play other older FF titles I started from FF XII . and I loved it. but as I read some older titles had more than three in a party, why not repeat it.

Frafrafra90
26th Mar 2014, 20:10
I'm Captain Basch!

From Dalmasca :D

NoOmniscience
27th Mar 2014, 18:32
I think it'd be great to see a HD Remaster of FFXII, the game was great, and quite difficult at parts.

Leon_Beoulve
28th Mar 2014, 19:17
Also, it wouldn't hurt to include a remake of Revenant Wings with it, just to make it a "Complete Edition."

Frafrafra90
30th Mar 2014, 14:55
amazing battle system, amazing OST !
Amazing game !
We want it on ps3

Frafrafra90
31st Mar 2014, 17:27
Hey folks!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-bring-an-hd-remaster-version-of-final-fantasy-xii-to-the-ps3-ps4

Let's demand a FFXII HD REMASTER right now, let them know we want it!

And share it, if possible!
thanks!

Leon_Beoulve
4th Apr 2014, 18:06
It also needs to be released on Vita, amongst other systems, I guess, but definitely Vita.

Ander_Kingslin
4th Apr 2014, 19:44
I direly need FF XII on the Vita. Like burning need. Please don't leave me on fire Squeenix. I've been with you for years.

Runebinder
4th Apr 2014, 20:34
Yup would love to see this, although it'd probably be better to go with the PS4. Would also love to see XIII get a remaster as well, my favourite of the series.

genewifr
6th Apr 2014, 00:04
i've been a fan of final fantasy for over a decade and of all the games i've played, FFX and FFXII were my absolute favourites.
it's unfortunate that my ps2, for some odd reason, doesn't support FFXII anymore.
anyhow, i'd love to see a FFXII remaster coming out for ps3. However, even if they would bring out the game without remastering it, i'd still buy it.
And i would definitely buy a collectors edition!

Earendil_Strife
8th Apr 2014, 19:55
Given what Ive seen with the recent "remasterization". I wouldnt be so sure. Dont get me wrong, I love FFXII but they didnt add much in these three so why having so much hope for XII. And I want it for PC, stop the console obssesion.

JeffsonP
9th Apr 2014, 14:59
Why no PS Vita?!
If Square Enix remaster FFXII HD, it MUST be on PS Vita! IMO, it is WAY more important than a PS3 version!

Frafrafra90
10th Apr 2014, 19:22
The announcement of Final Fantasy XII HD remastered for ps3 at the E3 event of 2014 would be a dream !

WickedSeraph
15th Apr 2014, 00:15
No they need to throw in the towel. All the time they spent on FF X and its still got these stupid little bugs in it.

Leon_Beoulve
15th Apr 2014, 15:34
A) That's Final Fantasy X, that game sucked anyway. Nothing they could have done would have made those games good.
B) Past performance is not always indicative of future results.
C) What bugs?

Light7
16th Apr 2014, 15:02
YEs ,yes, yes!! I would realllyy love a hd remaster of ff12, with zodiac job system! Since ffx/x-2 hd remaster sold pretty well, and they said that they could make a hd remaster of ff12 if ffx/x-2 sold well, they would think about making a hd remaster of ff12! I really love this game! It deserves an hd remaster because it has zodiac job system, which only japan got it and it, it was tha last ff to be on ps2 and it was the most wel selling game ever, u can see it on wikia. So i have no odubts they will make one. And i hope they'll remaster the soundtracks too. I really don't care if they make it to a ps3 or ps4, but i doubt they can make a ps2 game to a ps4 though... If they do it, i don't know what'll they do with it's sequel, Revenant Wings, since it was made to nintendo ds... Please Square, FF12 HD Remaster *.* anytime

will164035
20th Apr 2014, 17:11
I'm in the same boat, I would love a copy of ffxii on my vita. HD or not, it has to happen. is there anything we can sign or post on to show our support officially or is it just this thread?

Frafrafra90
22nd Apr 2014, 21:17
I really miss Final Fantasy XII and I would love to play it in HD on my ps3 !

Frafrafra90
22nd Apr 2014, 21:18
I'm in the same boat, I would love a copy of ffxii on my vita. HD or not, it has to happen. is there anything we can sign or post on to show our support officially or is it just this thread?

Hey folks!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-bring-an-hd-remaster-version-of-final-fantasy-xii-to-the-ps3-ps4

Let's demand a FFXII HD REMASTER right now, let them know we want it!

And share it, if possible!
thanks!

Leon_Beoulve
23rd Apr 2014, 04:00
The problem with that petition is that it doesn't mention Vita.

Proximus1
13th May 2014, 18:55
Just registered to say that i'm also one of the fans who wishes a HD remaster from FFXII.

Even if no one from SE reads this, such a remaster would be great like FFX/X-2.
So the only thing we can do is wait and hope, that someone from SEJ can actually read english and somehow takes a look at this thread.

So far have a nice day/evening.

Leon_Beoulve
14th May 2014, 01:34
Long live Vaan Ratsbane!

Frafrafra90
15th May 2014, 18:39
come on, we want to return to Rabanastre !

HeartOfLion
15th May 2014, 20:42
... with added cutscenes, expanded role for Vaan, love story between Ashe and a character chosen by player between male party members and a different ending, all under Matsuno supervision.

In other words remake, not remaster.

kueoxoso
24th May 2014, 17:37
please make it and do it in spanish as well shut up and take my guiles

Guilherme222
27th May 2014, 22:54
REMASTER THE GAME PLEASE, I LOVE FINAL FANTASY XII, AND IT IS THE BEST GAME OF MY LIFE AND OF A LOT OF OTHER GUYS.
SO PLEASE SQUARE, THINK ABOUT THAT, ITS A FANTASTIC GAME AND A LOT OF GUYS WANNA TO PLAY IT AGAIN IN HD *-* THANK YOU!!!

Leon_Beoulve
29th May 2014, 12:28
I think I'm just going to have to post something on this page every day from now on.

Doom-Desire
29th May 2014, 14:26
Final Fantasy XII was extremely underrated (Especially seeing as it was the last good FF game), if it got a HD remake I'd pay infinity muneez for it!
...I lie of course, i probably wouldn't even buy it, I got the PS2 one after all, why would I need another? Anywho, you get my point. :p

HeartOfLion
30th May 2014, 12:57
According to unverifiable rumors, the HD version shouldn’t be the one we played with in the west.

International Zodiac Job System is like a different game.

You should definitely give it a try.

Leon_Beoulve
31st May 2014, 01:17
International Zodiac Job version was definitely different. One of the best parts in my opinion was being able to fast forward; very helpful for crossing large expanses of terrain.

CyberAbel
1st Jun 2014, 19:25
Hi, We'll have to wait and see what the team behind it thinks about the idea, that's what Kitase san explained months ago, they may consider it there's no doubt but i'd re buy it on vita with international content, hd textures, lots trophies and improved character models and shadows just like in X and X-2 yeah! make this happen!

Frafrafra90
2nd Jun 2014, 13:59
I hope that square enix give us some good news about a remaster of Final Fantasy XII for ps3/psvita in next week's E3 !

Leon_Beoulve
3rd Jun 2014, 03:29
Hail Queen Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca!

HeartOfLion
3rd Jun 2014, 20:18
I want to see her coronation ceremony and her second marriage, so Square don’t be lazy and give us only a simple remaster, think about all the people who want more and do what you did with Tactics Ogre.

Thanks to PCSX2, more people than you think played with IZJS, so if you want cash you have to invest cash.

Otherwise the shelves will be the right and well deserved destination for the product.

Frafrafra90
4th Jun 2014, 19:30
We want to go back to Dalmasca !

HeartOfLion
4th Jun 2014, 21:02
...And kick some masked people's rear parts...

Leon_Beoulve
6th Jun 2014, 04:50
...and run through the Giza Plains...

HeartOfLion
6th Jun 2014, 17:28
...And hear Ozmone Plain theme again...

Leon_Beoulve
7th Jun 2014, 23:42
...and steal that guard's wallet in the Bazaar...

Thamauturge
8th Jun 2014, 00:09
http://gamingbolt.com/rumor-final-fantasy-xii-hd-may-be-announced-at-e3

Sure hope that this is true!

HeartOfLion
9th Jun 2014, 13:53
Very interesting, but I don’t know if I can consider myself to be happy or worried.

It’s written that Square is willing to release a remaster like X-X/2 but, contrary to what I read in the article, the work on X and its brother was far from perfect.

They updated the main characters, but their efforts on the backgrounds and NPCs were less than impressive, as I witnessed playing it and as you can see here:

http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2014-03-19-final-fantasy-10-x-2-hd-remaster-review-recensione

The article is written in Italian, but the images speak for themselves.

See in particular, halfway through the article, the image that shows Paine and Rikku on a dark background.

On the other hand, often remaster and remake are used as synonyms, so I hope the journalist wanted to write remake instead.

Frafrafra90
9th Jun 2014, 18:31
let's stay tuned at E3 2014, and let's hope to receive good news !

Leon_Beoulve
11th Jun 2014, 05:11
Rumors, unfortunately, mean nothing. I won't believe there's a Final Fantasy XII Remaster/Remake until I'm holding it in my hands!

Leon_Beoulve
13th Jun 2014, 03:06
For VITA!

HeartOfLion
13th Jun 2014, 18:52
Honestly, I'd say for PC is better, but the simple idea of Steam is enough to support PS3.

Leon_Beoulve
17th Jun 2014, 03:44
I don't suppose there has been any word lately about a remake?

HeartOfLion
18th Jun 2014, 17:10
Nothing that I'm aware of.

Leon_Beoulve
24th Jun 2014, 13:54
Damn. I was hoping it might have been mentioned at E3.

HeartOfLion
24th Jun 2014, 19:15
Maybe they want to build interest little by little.
Maybe they are waiting for the right time to hype.
Maybe they don’t know how to offer a product that can spill the highest amount of money.
Maybe they don’t know on which console the game will show up.
Or maybe they simply don’t have any idea at all.

Bessant30
29th Jun 2014, 11:39
Want to see final fantasy 12 hd remastered for ps vita the game didn't get as much credit has it deserved I liked it square enix listen to the fans and make this game :)

Frafrafra90
29th Jun 2014, 18:01
Damn. I was hoping it might have been mentioned at E3.

me too. why Square Enix don't hear final fantasy XII's fan ?

Bessant30
29th Jun 2014, 18:47
il keep asking the question everyday if I have to I really want this game hd remastered for my ps vita :) FFXII was a really good game

Leon_Beoulve
3rd Jul 2014, 04:23
I'll second that.

Saria3
3rd Jul 2014, 14:44
Third-ed!!!

ChrisB1985
3rd Jul 2014, 19:53
Does square enix even read these forums would be nice to get a reply

HeartOfLion
4th Jul 2014, 21:02
I’ve read somewhere an interview where Square top brass said they know no language other than their native one.

So, unless they hire someone to translate regularly the posts, I feel the only way to have them to read your post is to write it in Japanese.

Not that they had heard their fanbase very much in the past…

ChrisB1985
5th Jul 2014, 06:27
FINAL FANTASY XII HD REMAKE I'm sure they can understand those few words

ChrisB1985
5th Jul 2014, 07:34
ファイナルファンタジーXIIのHDリメイクはファンヴィータPS3 / 4とPSのためにこのゲームをしたいしてください
That good enough :)

ChrisB1985
5th Jul 2014, 07:36
ファイナルファンタジーXII HDリメイクしてくださいPS Vitaの

HeartOfLion
6th Jul 2014, 20:49
I couldn’t have said it better myself!
(Just joking, I can’t distinguish Japanese from Klingon)

ChrisB1985
7th Jul 2014, 12:04
Well if that don't work I don't know what will, it's even the correct translation lol

HeartOfLion
8th Jul 2014, 18:14
Seeing your proficiency in the Klingon…. pardon, Japanese language, could you add some more requests like a different ending, more room space for some of the less developed characters and an optional love story?

ChrisB1985
8th Jul 2014, 18:32
私は別の終了する」を参照してください、開発された文字がしたいと、おそらくは、愛の物語かもしれないプロットで;)

HeartOfLion
8th Jul 2014, 18:47
Thanks pal.

ChrisB1985
8th Jul 2014, 19:10
No probs don't know if these posts will do any good or if they even read them but worth a try

Leon_Beoulve
9th Jul 2014, 03:20
HDは必要に応じて当然ではないことになる

ChrisB1985
10th Jul 2014, 14:27
Don't think I can wait that long to play it will be getting the ps2 out I think :D

HeartOfLion
18th Jul 2014, 12:21
No probs don't know if these posts will do any good or if they even read them but worth a try

Don’t give up hope.

Why create an official forum platform if they have no interest or intention to use it as a sort of free poll about their market strategies?

Even with all my distaste for Square’s recent consumer policy, even a disaffected fan like me can’t accept that the official forum would be here only to promote their new products and give us false hopes to be in (relative) control, letting us to believe we are heard by top brass.

ChrisB1985
18th Jul 2014, 18:56
Good point they must see the popularity of this forum and think it's what the fans want

Leon_Beoulve
21st Jul 2014, 01:05
HeartOfLion, you sir, are a much bigger optimist than I. Just in case, though, "Hi Squenix! Make this, now. Please and thank you!"

HeartOfLion
22nd Jul 2014, 09:46
What else can I say on a so synthetic and rightful statement?

Frafrafra90
22nd Jul 2014, 13:58
we hope thatn square enix see our determination to request an hd remaster of final fantasy XII for ps3/ps vita

Leon_Beoulve
23rd Jul 2014, 16:24
Must...have...
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/archive/2/2e/20120212115906!Zodiac_job_system.png

rainesohma
24th Jul 2014, 00:00
I don't need to wait years for an HD remaster, I would just love to be able to play it on my Vita as is. This is one of my favourite games of all time and being able to put in 200 plus hours on it again would be more convenient on a handheld

ChrisB1985
24th Jul 2014, 19:28
If they were to remake this game they should give an in game option, the choice to either use the international zodiac system or the normal system which I quite liked

Leon_Beoulve
25th Jul 2014, 12:19
I will agree with both of those statements. The DS sequel would be a nice inclusion as well.

HeartOfLion
27th Jul 2014, 21:08
I think the whole matter is ill-put.

I continue to read posts of fans who ask always the same thing over and over: to have a remaster/remake or whatever else, but I’m starting to believe that what we (myself included) continue to ask is pointless.

Square is a company who needs to do profits for its own shareholders.

They do not hear us (IF they hear us…) because they are good or kind-hearted, but because they produce only what can be successfully sold.

I’ve read that XIII last chapter has sold less than the revamped versions of FFX/X-2.

Why they decided to continue with the XIII franchise instead of changing course is beyond me: it’s pride, arrogance, craziness? Who knows.

But one thing the company can’t deny are the sales results it has to show to its shareholders and they weren’t exactly brilliant.

Add the news about Sony selling their SquareEnix shares and, whatever the reason that caused such decision, this means one thing: the search for our money will reach new levels.

They will do XII because they need to squeeze out from us as much money as possible and they will try to do it with the least amount of money spent.

Therefore it’s no longer a matter IF they will revamp XII but WHEN and above all HOW.

This leads me to one last question: will they do as they did with X and X/2, where they upscaled only the team members and let NPC and background untouched; where they did not add anything (from an European point of view, 'cause we had the international version from day one) and not even fix the original bugs?

Leon_Beoulve
30th Jul 2014, 04:51
Minimal effort, maximum gain; yup, that pretty much sums up business 101. Which just leads me back to the same old question: Where the sodding hell is my game!? Again, I personally could not possibly care any less about "IMPROVED HD REMASTERED SUPER GRAPHICS!!!" I just want (one of) my favorite Final Fantasy Titles for my Vita. This seems pretty simple, no?

HeartOfLion
30th Jul 2014, 21:55
You can already have the game, with improved graphics, without Steam, on your pc, with savestates capability wherever and whenever you want, without Square approval!

Must...have...
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/archive/2/2e/20120212115906!Zodiac_job_system.png

The image you linked is from the international version with the translation patch.

If you look closer, you’ll note that the font is slightly different from the original one.

(P.S. …and you can also revert the graphics to PS2 native quality)

Leon_Beoulve
31st Jul 2014, 04:57
Yeah, I already have it on my computer but it just doesn't feel right. I've always had problems trying to play games on my computer. Plus, it would be better on the go!

rainesohma
31st Jul 2014, 15:13
I can't stand playing console games on a PC, I work on a computer all day for a living so I want it portable like X/X-2. Besides, husband/kids complain if I take over the PS3 too long but the vita/3ds are mine alone :)

HeartOfLion
31st Jul 2014, 20:59
I understand your concerns, but every emulator, for the time being, is uncapable of emulating with 100% accuracy the original software.

It mustn’t be forgotten that the final result is influenced and directly connected to your pc hardware.

I found pc emulators a good compromise: maybe they aren’t 100% accurate, but give me the chance to customize audio and video, to have savestates, to play games from different regions.

By the way, on a personal level, a good emulation is better that an official badly executed remaster, like X/X2.

Frafrafra90
2nd Aug 2014, 10:08
i really don't understand why they don't give us an hd remaster of FF XII for ps3 e psvita just like FF X/X-2

HeartOfLion
3rd Aug 2014, 09:56
Only when, after arcane and forbidden rituals of evocation of the soul of our money, the marketing division will say it’s the right time to do so.

Leon_Beoulve
3rd Aug 2014, 18:40
Well, **** if it'll help move thing along...
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2004/361/1/5/Pagan_Symbols_Brushes_3_0_by_DeviantNep.jpg
My blood type's AB-. Next?

HeartOfLion
4th Aug 2014, 14:56
I feel guilty I can’t help you ‘cause I’ve already sold my (10 % discounted) soul to have Square's actual top brass fired and sent to Kessel mines.

Leon_Beoulve
6th Aug 2014, 04:19
It's cool, if too many were to sell there soul for so trivial (and most likely fruitless) a reason, then souls would depreciate greatly in value, then we STILL wouldn't get anything. At least this way it's just one battered and bruised piece of crap being wasted.

ChrisB1985
10th Aug 2014, 19:15
It's suddenly gone quiet on here has everyone given up or do we think it's pointless however much we ask for it it's down to them and if they even see these comments about our demand for the game

Leon_Beoulve
11th Aug 2014, 06:39
Silly ChrisB! We all already knew it was pointless, that hasn't changed at all. Silly...

ChrisB1985
11th Aug 2014, 12:20
Why are we wasting our time commenting then?