PDA

View Full Version : Editor tools

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 08:01
This is a series of `tools` to help the modding community, is not for the faint hearted. Its all written in spanish for one thing :)

Now Live Click me (http://www.gameshadow.com/imperialglory/ig_editor.asp)

moetman
24th Jun 2005, 09:29
Great News: Thanks Jas

Could this potentially fill the hole that is the much needed patch ???

Anyway.. despite that : Fantastic work and thanks for your participation. Obviously the devs have been listening to someone and thanks to them also:

.. so who here speaks Spanish :)

sick
24th Jun 2005, 10:37
Great news, Jason! Now if they would only release some modding tools for the Commandos series as well... :rolleyes:

moetman, it probably wont be difficult to translate the text with a resource hacker.

Element-UK
24th Jun 2005, 12:14
http://www.freetranslation.com/ theres alot out their.

Queeg
24th Jun 2005, 14:10
A pint of virtual ale on me for the stout fellow who posts an English lnaguage version of the toolkit!

jaywalker2309
24th Jun 2005, 15:51
Tis out there :) (see top post)

moetman
24th Jun 2005, 21:07
Great - thanks again . Just about everything in the game can now be changed.

I was wondering about the .DT *.cpp code:

The readme says the code is not compileable, So It's Just so we can get the specification of the format for svcModeloCombate.dt ?

Queeg
24th Jun 2005, 21:15
Anyone besides me getting an error message when they try to download the toolkit?

Queeg
24th Jun 2005, 23:03
Got it! Had to shut off my firewall.

Sieur_Drewry
26th Jun 2005, 22:59
Can you talk to them about making a version of the exporter for 3ds max 7. As I dont have 5 and I think thats rediculous that its not compatible for anything other than that specific version.

Captain.Crunch
27th Jun 2005, 05:39
thank you for editor .

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 10:39
Can you talk to them about making a version of the exporter for 3ds max 7. As I dont have 5 and I think thats rediculous that its not compatible for anything other than that specific version.

This is what they were using to make the game. Am sure someone somewhere is able to take the exporter and update it to version 7.

Remember this is an unsupported set of tools.

Sieur_Drewry
27th Jun 2005, 13:08
ok :/ thanks anyway.

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 13:23
ok :/ thanks anyway.

Am sure it wont take long for someone to do it :)

Sieur_Drewry
27th Jun 2005, 13:26
Okay just I was looking forward to getting models in yesterday or whenever I saw the tool release.

jaywalker2309
27th Jun 2005, 13:27
Okay just I was looking forward to getting models in yesterday or whenever I saw the tool release.

So does 3dxmax 7 just not like the exporter? is there a way to import an exporter?

Sieur_Drewry
27th Jun 2005, 17:24
It says that the plugin is not compatible for this version of 3ds max, that is what it says when I start it.

lokito
27th Jun 2005, 19:40
jaycw2309,

What can we do with the .DT specification?
How can we edit the ModeloCombate.dt file with that?

thanks

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 08:05
jaycw2309,

What can we do with the .DT specification?
How can we edit the ModeloCombate.dt file with that?

thanks

Gives you an honest `blank` look.. i dont know :) am sure someone on here does know tho.. Will see if can get answer from dev team

Sieur_Drewry
29th Jun 2005, 13:54
It would be really nice if just one preson from Dev would just make one big post about all our questions. Dont you know any of them cant you talk to them jay?

jaywalker2309
29th Jun 2005, 13:58
It would be really nice if just one preson from Dev would just make one big post about all our questions. Dont you know any of them cant you talk to them jay?

Have been asking them, but remember they are not english, so things have to be translated for them etc

Sieur_Drewry
29th Jun 2005, 14:03
let them post in spanish we can translate it

kyee7k
30th Jun 2005, 06:21
shouldn't be a problem if you use babelfish. :p :D

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Nahirean
8th Jul 2005, 01:30
Gives you an honest `blank` look.. i dont know :) am sure someone on here does know tho.. Will see if can get answer from dev team

Jay you've been saying that you'll "ask the dev team" for over a month.

Why can't we get an answer to 1 SIMPLE question!?

*How* do we open the .dt file?

moetman
8th Jul 2005, 05:26
I'm sure Jac is doing his best , we'll get an answer when the patch comes out I reckon

Phillippe
10th Jul 2005, 23:11
Actually a better question would be how can we manipulate *.dt files.

Mamelukes
11th Aug 2005, 17:49
:mad: Sorry guys, but what is it like u all speak spanish, i mean c'mon?!?!? Are there any English versions out there?!?!?! :mad:

Mamelukes
11th Aug 2005, 17:51
:D guys in addition i would be glad if someone told me what i could do with this tool-- appreciate the replys! :D

Emperor of the French
11th Aug 2005, 19:26
:mad: Sorry guys, but what is it like u all speak spanish, i mean c'mon?!?!? Are there any English versions out there?!?!?! :mad:

The game was created by a Spanish developer. That means, logically, most of the documentation and support will be entirely in Spanish.

Incidentally, your English isn't all that great either. I've seen better English out of Babelfish than some of the users here, but that's a whole 'nother ballpark.

Phillippe
13th Aug 2005, 15:04
True, try to calm down when writing, and maybe even do it in a Spelling Checker environment before displaying it to the masses. It is all in Spanish, but that's not a huge problem, because the comments are short-hand, and it is easy to just translate a few words.

The names of the functions/pointers is in spanish, but just think of them as annoying names, rather than another language. But they too can be translated as most have the name of their "general" action.

Mamelukes
13th Aug 2005, 18:53
Aside from you guys knocking my spelling :( , I understand how the developers are spanish and, as said logically everything would be in spanish. But couldn't they at least offer some english instructions towards the game editor? In addition, I was hoping someone would help me out with these mod tools... specifically, I wanted to tamper with the unit sizes... honestly don't you guys think there are too little units to be allowed in a battle?

Emperor of the French
13th Aug 2005, 21:22
There's a thread called "How to modify game files" in this board that tells you how to do just that, Mameluke.

Phillippe
14th Aug 2005, 22:11
Yorke covers that area perfectly, read the first few posts in the P1, P2, P3 guide.

There isn't much to translate, other that comments, and for that just use an online translation tool. Thats what I did to catalogue things.

Icanus
19th Aug 2005, 00:14
Actually a better question would be how can we manipulate *.dt files.
I'm making some progress in this area - the details I've figured out so far, which are enough to mod a variety of unit stats (number of soldiers, movement speed, wepaon range etc), if you're happy getting stuck in with a hex editor are at http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/forums/viewtopic.php?t=446.

I'm now working on a program to export the stats to text files to allow people to edit the text files, then re-import them into the game. I'm aiming to release an initial version by the middle of next week.

von_lipwig
28th Feb 2006, 15:56
I can't download the editor tools, because gameshadow isn't working for me. Then I remembered that it was gameshadow that was shipped with the game itself and I more or less installed it on my computer, even though no direct use had presented itself (I have no really working internet, only dialup, but virus got that down so I don't use it anymore).

But I reckon you need gameshadow installed to download the editor, and I really want it. But, this being a school computer, I really have no means nor permission to install programs (downloading is actually already a bit open for argument...). So, my question (I'm sure you felt that coming...) Is anyone able and willing to send me the editor via e-mail? I will not put my e-mail adress here right now due to automatic e-mail services and whatnot, but I would really appreciate it if someone would send me the editor tools.

Thanks in advance! :)

officerpuppy
28th Feb 2006, 17:00
http://www.mod-project.com/modproject/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=10&lid=14

von_lipwig
6th Mar 2006, 12:05

Zygmunt I
4th Jul 2007, 07:56
So after 2 years is it in English now? All I want to know would be where to get the simple unpacker to extract the pak files. Simple winrar seems a little too easy... ****

hulbitcin
1st Oct 2009, 05:56
Take that, you sweet thing!