PDA

View Full Version : And again Rusia.

ramragir
23rd Jun 2005, 10:39
Hi, As I wrote yesterday, I'm spanish, excuse me for my english. I'm new in this game (one day more of experience since yesterday) and I've started a campaign with medium difficulty and choosing Rusia as my empire. The thing is that I'm in 1802 and I have like 4 or 5 territories. I have a normal army, enough to make the others not to think of me as an easy objective, but also a have to be very cautious (carefull) if thinking about attacking others (mainly because they are enormuos army and resources). ¿Should I restart a new match?¿Do you think I can still win the campaign? Any way, can you give me a few recomendations for a new player like me? (neebie is the slang word for "new"?)

SharpFish
23rd Jun 2005, 14:51
Yes newbie does mean "new guy". It can also mean "idiot" by implication, just so you know.

I would not be too worried yet. I have to say I have only been playing for a week myself so I am not an expert. But by contrast to many games, the pace of territorial expansion is slow, I think, unless you are charging across empty terrain claiming it all.

Have a look at my After Action Report and you will see that I am well into the game and only recently am I actually capturing territory. But I have fought battles and liberated the little states from empires and so on.

I don't yhet know whether you should quit or keep playing, but I do know you will learn more of the game either way!

5/77 Armd
23rd Jun 2005, 15:15
For me the territorial expansion is only slow at the beginning. Then it accelerates entirely too fast.

I chose Great Britain at hard level so that I would have a nice, long game. I did nothing in the first era as I slowly built myself up militarily and economically. The only countries I took by force were Morrocco and Tripolitania (and this was at either the end of era 1 or beginning of era 2). All other wars I was involved with, I liberated the countries. Before I knew it practically the entire map was mine through peaceful annexation.

This happened on the other levels I played as well with other countries, that's why I built up slowly as Great Britain so I would have a long game. It didn't happen, everyone loves you and the game ended too soon. The game is slightly difficult towards the beggining when everyone is declaring war on you, but if you get past that, it's too much of a cake walk.

I still enjoy playing it, I just wish it would last a little longer. Sometimes I release the other empires and let them build up just to extend the game.

originalflyte
23rd Jun 2005, 16:07
2 days and already medium difficulty!!! Well, I started on Monday. I still play Easy level as I am not very familiar to manage boats. So don´t worry, I think there are still not a lot of experts.

What I have notice in IG vs RTW and others is that you have to take a lot of care in simpathy and diplomacy. Invasions are very slow. It is not easy to conquer a nation. If you don´t declare war, everybody will throw over you and your popularity will decrease to the bottom. You can not be very agressive, unless you have a very powerful army and unlimited resources.

So... If you still want to continue your game, you should improve your diplomacy and spend your money in alliances, treaties and increase your sympathies.

Animo, chaval !!!

Age of Reason
23rd Jun 2005, 19:07
For me the territorial expansion is only slow at the beginning. Then it accelerates entirely too fast.

I chose Great Britain at hard level so that I would have a nice, long game. I did nothing in the first era as I slowly built myself up militarily and economically. The only countries I took by force were Morrocco and Tripolitania (and this was at either the end of era 1 or beginning of era 2). All other wars I was involved with, I liberated the countries. Before I knew it practically the entire map was mine through peaceful annexation.

This happened on the other levels I played as well with other countries, that's why I built up slowly as Great Britain so I would have a long game. It didn't happen, everyone loves you and the game ended too soon. The game is slightly difficult towards the beggining when everyone is declaring war on you, but if you get past that, it's too much of a cake walk.

I still enjoy playing it, I just wish it would last a little longer. Sometimes I release the other empires and let them build up just to extend the game.

Out of curiosity, what year did you finally win?

Im on medium level, and in the year 1815, and as Russia, I've taken over Sweden, Poland, Prussia, Lombardy, the Papal States, the Ottaman Empire, and Egypt through military and peaceful annexation. It did take a while to get started though. Most of those countries were gained just recently. I didn't know if my pace was slow or not.

But if you think about it, 1815 equals about 312 turns.

giskard
24th Jun 2005, 22:07
Ram: Your doing good if you have 4 or 5 states by 1802.

If you now start upgrading your terratories and armies and around 1810 start attacking again, you should be able to win the campaign before 1830 every time.

PS Excuse my English because I am English and know I French men than can spell better than I do. :)

Giskard

5/77 Armd
27th Jun 2005, 12:56
[QUOTE=Age of Reason]Out of curiosity, what year did you finally win?[QUOTE]

I've put IG back on the shelf temporarily to play some other games (I'll go back to it of course)! I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1803 or 1804. Can't remember exactly, I just remember the neutral states fell like dominoes all of a sudden.

Since I kept liberating them, they all held great sympathy for me, so it was just a matter of building a consulate and it was annexed. The weakened major powers fell easily.

Looks like the quote thingy didn't work right.

ramragir
27th Jun 2005, 12:59
For your information. I restarted a new match with Rusia. Same difficulty. I'm on the brink of conquering the world (1824). Well thats not quite true. I have such a large army that I normally have to buy food to other countries. Great Britain, central and east Europe are heavy in armies also althoungh country by country none of them by itself have an army as large as mine. I expect winning the game by 1830. Next I'll try winning with Great Britain.

Thanx to all.