PDA

View Full Version : new here, please help!!!

ramragir
22nd Jun 2005, 18:11
First of all, I'm spanish so please excuse me for my english.

Just a simple question, how can I know the active alliances that other empires have? I hate when I attack weak territory/empire and suddenly it says that I'm in war with the rest of the world because they had an alliance?

Age of Reason
22nd Jun 2005, 18:28
I would suggest that you go to the "News" button on the bottom right hand corner of your campain page (it's the button with the papers on it). Once you click that, look at the top of page it brings up, and there should be a button that says "Diplomacy". If you click that, it will tell you the "Allies" and "Enemies" of every nation.

5/77 Armd
22nd Jun 2005, 18:44
What I'd like to see is how much time is left in your alliance. I really should write down the date when I create one. The other alliance time limits would be nice too after espionage is researched. What makes me laugh is when a country pays you an exorbitant amount of money to join your alliance, then it expires that same turn!

Age of Reason
22nd Jun 2005, 19:03
What I'd like to see is how much time is left in your alliance. I really should write down the date when I create one. The other alliance time limits would be nice too after espionage is researched. What makes me laugh is when a country pays you an exorbitant amount of money to join your alliance, then it expires that same turn!

I think to find out how much time you have in your own alliance, you just move the cursor over your own capital (or over the capital of the country you are allied with), and it should say something like "Defensive Alliance - 4 turns left". I'm pretty sure it does.

As for other countries' alliances, I agree with you. The diplomacy screen should go more in depth the specifics of the alliance. For instance, it should look something like this:

Defensive Alliance
Austria - Great Britain - France
Created: May, 1793
Expires: May, 1794 (4 turns left)