PDA

View Full Version : A Ban for 25 to life?

Samwon
21st Jun 2005, 12:21
If this has already been posted im sorry but i was just on ign and there was a artical about banning 25 TO LIFE :confused: i'll link it for you im still shocked

http://pc.ign.com/articles/627/627469p1.html

J-Hood
21st Jun 2005, 15:16
I can almost guarnte they wont ban this game. (Might by States) But look at GTA it never got banned and so many people wanted it to. After all its rated "M" for Mature.

blackcourage
21st Jun 2005, 17:50
but here where i live they siad a key store for us is not going to put this on selves

PC Snake_EYEZ
21st Jun 2005, 18:22
Well if you dont get it in your store then order it online. You can get what you want online.

JacenPsykes
21st Jun 2005, 21:53
LOL!!!!

First of all, it's one politician campaining for this. We have hundreds of politicians campaining together for the same ***** and they still don't get anything done. The article said no one else has his back. (What the hell is Romper Room anyways). Plus the "M" rating is like a desclaimer. As long as they slap that on the case they are pratically un-sue-able. The responsibility then falls on to the stores to not sell it to minors then eventually to the parents to not buy it for their children.

Notice there is hardly any mention of playing as a police office to uphold justice and defend the frightend however NOT REAL NPC's? God forbid we look at both sides of the coin.

Also no mention what so ever of everyone's beloved Socom. As long as we're killing terrorists it's ok but once it's in you back yard then everyone point sternly and shun the bad violent video game.

[Dear Eidos,

Please make Schumer an NPC so that we may have the thrill of filling is elderly corpse with more lead then he already contains in his ***.]

What's got me scared is since the new company bought Eidos, are they gonna want to wipe their *** and pull it so as not to give off a bad first impression.

I wish Orchid would shine some light onto this forum and tell us everything is gonna be OK.

....or atleast where we have to send our hate mail and bomb threats to so we can shut this Schumer up.

Oh no, I said BOMB, someone call a senator.

VideoGameMaster
21st Jun 2005, 23:00
lol....anyway...romper room...i just learned this year was like sum old show er sumthin..and its a school class of abnsolute madness..like kids going nutz nd stuff all show long...at least its sumthin like that....just take it as craziness...lol i just read the other day socom 3 has angered bangledesh(however you spell it) for saying that they are a terrorist state in the game so they are suing lol.... :p

Mike_B
22nd Jun 2005, 08:22
LOL!!!!
What's got me scared is since the new company bought Eidos, are they gonna want to wipe their *** and pull it so as not to give off a bad first impression.

That new company published Carmegeddon so.. Beside the changes of actually canceling a game would cost them too much. First having to buy Eidos and then canceling a game that would generate cash, wouldn't be a wise move.

VideoGameMaster
22nd Jun 2005, 15:24
like i said earlier..they put out too much money to produce this game to not sell it.....nd heck yeh if u ever played carmagedon..then we are not going to be disapointed....carmaggedon and 2 was fun as all hell :thumbsup:

kazpa
22nd Jun 2005, 17:39
as it said in IGN its said there are no other politians how ever you spell it are behind him in this situation so that helps us out alot

viZZiOn
23rd Jun 2005, 00:09
like i said earlier..they put out too much money to produce this game to not sell it.....nd heck yeh if u ever played carmagedon..then we are not going to be disapointed....carmaggedon and 2 was fun as all hell :thumbsup:

heh, carmagedon was a sick game, and after playing that i firmly believe that they aint about to pull a game because of its violence level or any of that

kazpa
23rd Jun 2005, 00:10
never heard of it...

Berreta_Dat_Kid
23rd Jun 2005, 01:01
really its not a games fault to what happens to a person its the person playing the game fault..

mbones50
23rd Jun 2005, 02:32
the game dont tell u to go really kill somebody

kazpa
23rd Jun 2005, 03:13
your right the only way someone would kill someone off a game unless the game told them to have you ever played the game called NARC its a sweet game you can smoke drugs and it and stuff now that might wana make you go out and smoke drugs people probly do becuz of that game but whos stupid enough to go out and kill someone from a game dam i hate stupid kids like that then they get the game banned for life thats bullshyt

mbones50
23rd Jun 2005, 06:23
narc that game is sick

kazpa
23rd Jun 2005, 06:28
Yah dude that game is sick man when you take acid you go all trippy and start running really really fast and some voice gets wispered in your ear man i was kinda scared lol!

wickedthaklown
6th Jul 2005, 14:48
they will never let up check this out

U.S. Senator targets '25 to Life' video game
22 June 2005 2:12 by Dela

Once again the heat is on developers of violent video games as Sen. Charles Schumer, a Democrat from New York has targeted 25 to Life; an upcoming game which the Senator claims makes the Grand Theft Auto games look like "Romper Room" (a popular Children's TV Show in the U.S.). The video game is due out this summer. In the game you can either choose the side of gangs or the side of the law. The Senator wants this "cop killer" game boycotted by retailers and even calls on Microsoft and Sony to end their licensing agreements with Eidos.

Most gamers are familiar with the controversy that has surrounded Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the past months. The violent game was used as an example by lawmakers who are worried about the influence these games may have on children. "The last thing we need here in New York is to reinforce a destructive culture of violence and disrespect for the law. Little Johnny should be learning how to read, not how to kill cops," Schumer said. However game makers would argue that these games are not intended for children.

The sale of these "violent" games makes up a huge part of the industries $10 billion in annual U.S. sales. GTA: San Andreas was released in October 2004 and quickly became a best seller. Retailers and console manufacturers try to avoid the controversy of violent games, mainly due to the success of the games. The problema lot of lawmakers have the games is that they seem to get more violent as they go along due to the developers' need to make the games more realistic. 25 to Life features gun battles between police and criminal gangs, in which human shields are used.

The controversy seems very similar to past controversy over violent movies and will likely have a similar outcome.

YoungGunna22
6th Jul 2005, 20:30
Who really cares its just a video game they dont ban the lil final fantasy games and they kill ppl

Juggalo Ryda
10th Jul 2005, 20:23
That's retarded... they can ban this game from 49 states and im still gonna get it.... all we have to do is order it online right?

VideoGameMaster
10th Jul 2005, 23:27
woopty doo...old news...noone cares about that dumb senator....same old song bein sung thats been sung since the dawn of videogames...OMG U ARE SCORING AGAINST A BAR IN PONG.... :eek: .....pfft....dont worry...hes just givin it free publicity...plus maybe it'll get rid of sum of the lil kids :D :thumbsup:

viZZiOn
12th Jul 2005, 09:22
woopty doo...old news...noone cares about that dumb senator....same old song bein sung thats been sung since the dawn of videogames...OMG U ARE SCORING AGAINST A BAR IN PONG.... :eek: .....pfft....dont worry...hes just givin it free publicity...plus maybe it'll get rid of sum of the lil kids :D :thumbsup:

i didnt think of it that way, i hope it does get rid of a bunch of the little kids

marker227
2nd Aug 2005, 05:04
I can almost guarnte they wont ban this game. (Might by States) But look at GTA it never got banned and so many people wanted it to. After all its rated "M" for Mature.

If it goes by states do you think NJ is one of them?

I really dislike the news reaporters and how they talk about their news. Some can be just so obscene.

Well the guy from NY I think has a point in somethings but then how did they let the GTA's in their state??

mbal52
2nd Aug 2005, 18:34
if they ban it by state, who cares? if u want it tht bad, go online and order it, or go 1 state bordering urs.

Hatchetwarrior313
3rd Aug 2005, 04:28
i really dont think they would ban it here in detroit...what do u think.......I hate the lil kids when u play online they **** off to you all the time and get there lil clans together and think thier the best :mad:

mbones50
3rd Aug 2005, 05:27
i from detroit 2 man the i not go ban it here

SONG OF THE WEEK- JAE MILLZ- WHO

adam101
29th Aug 2005, 17:53
yeh if it wuz just cops shottin up thugs dat politcian wouldnt be sayin nuthin

SeminoleCountyDeputy
3rd Sep 2005, 05:41
They can't/won't be able to ban this game due to the disclaimer.

Politicians need to point fingers at the grandparents and parents who ridicule these games. By law, retailers are supposed to check for ID when selling mature titles and if it is being sold to a parent the cashier/retailer is required to bring attention to the disclaimer and the M rating.

It is these same idiot parents who are ignoring the warning that is explained by the retailer and GAME ITSELF, and then ridicule the retailer due to their stupidity. You have no idea how many times we are dispatched to retail facilities after christmas to detail a hostile parent who was to ignorant to pay attention and gave into their 10 year old brat....thats when we tell them to get lost...

sorry..just a little annoyed by it

ex-Type-87A[WA]
3rd Sep 2005, 18:26
they didnt outright ban GTA 3 VC or SA so i doubt that 25tolife will get baned, but if i recall a few states did so... u never know

marker227
3rd Sep 2005, 18:59
25 can't be banned especially in the US. There are far worse games then this one. GTA was a different story and that didn't get banned in the US. Banning a game would take so much money away and this company produces the games in America so duh?

ex-Type-87A[WA]
4th Sep 2005, 19:20
yea and i read in one of my xbox gamer mags that its gunna bring in an estimated 10 billion the US wont ban that much were too greedy...

marker227
4th Sep 2005, 19:24
yeah thats true, but why ban it from your own country? lol